Boom in NYC on March 19

D Rusak

Jedi Council Member
Sorry I'm just getting around to this, but with the slew of meteor sightings and other unexplained phenomenon occurring lately, I wanted to post this. I was in NY Penn station at around 4am on March 19 and heard a huge boom that shook the entire concourse. I did not see anything mentioned in the news about this or what it may have been, but thought I would note it here in case someone else experienced something similar.

It felt like "the bombing" I experienced when growing up, only a bit stronger.

("The bombing"- I grew up within 30 miles' distance of three military installments, one of which was a "bombing range". Every so often we would hear a loud bang and the house would shake. I didn't notice how odd it was until I went to college and then returned home. People would always ask what the noise/shaking was in our area, and locals would just say, "Oh, it's just the bombing". In retrospect, yikes.)

Hey. Only after recently reading Laura's and Henry's "Forget About Global Warming: We're One Step From Extinction!" did I recall hearing such a sound. It was over a year ago and it scared the hell out of me. Those were two huge "booms", strong enough to shake furniture in my appartement. Alarm sirens in cars went wild immediately. I looked out of the window, even took a half hour walk in the neighbourhood, to see if anything happened - car crash, explosion, fire, but I have found nothing. The sky was clear and no signs of storm of any kind. I didn't recall seeing any military planes either. I've been keeping an eye on newspapers for a few days, but found not even a short info regarding the event.

Boy, that's scary..

Back
Top Bottom