Book Review Website

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
I was sent a link to this website which seems to be just starting to get off the ground.

http://www.bestbooksreviewed.com/

Ya'll might want to join up and post reviews there as well as here and post links and so on.

Why are you reviewing your own book on this site Laura? In terms of credibility, it doesn't make much sense for the 'neutral' visitor.

I can't see "Review by Laura Knight-Jadczyk" anywhere. I see a transcript of an radio interview regarding SHOTW, which provides some information regarding what areas/ideas/subjects this book covers, which is much more helpful for potential reader/buyer than mere table of contents. What's wrong with that, Salleles?

salleles said:
Why are you reviewing your own book on this site Laura? In terms of credibility, it doesn't make much sense for the 'neutral' visitor.
The set-up of the website is so each member has their own blog as a means of reviewing books. If an author uses a blog in part to give more information relating to their books, I think that is a pretty cool type of interaction. I don't see that as hurting credibility.

j0da said:
I can't see "Review by Laura Knight-Jadczyk" anywhere.
Hi j0da, 'Written by Laura Knight-Jadczyk' below the title doesn't apply to the book, but to her posting this message. So I guess we might consider it as a review.

j0da said:
I see a transcript of an radio interview regarding SHOTW, which provides some information regarding what areas/ideas/subjects this book covers, which is much more helpful for potential reader/buyer than mere table of contents.
Shane said:
If an author uses a blog in part to give more information relating to their books, I think that is a pretty cool type of interaction.
Well, from our (readers who are familiar with the material and the author) point of view this may certainly be true, but if I were to come out of the blue on a site called Best Books Reviewed, I probably would perceive Laura's message as self promotion. Don't get me wrong though, there is nothing wrong with the post itself, but I just tried to look at this issue from a somewhat broader perspective.

salleles said:
Well, from our (readers who are familiar with the material and the author) point of view this may certainly be true, but if I were to come out of the blue on a site called Best Books Reviewed, I would perceive Laura's message as self promotion. Don't get me wrong though, there is nothing wrong with the post itself, but I just tried to look at this issue from a somewhat broader perspective.
The first page of the site says:

If you are an author and want to post your events and book signings, we invite you do that here. Just create an account to the left where it says Register and after our admin department approves you, you'll be ready to add your dates to our calendar. You'll also have the ability to create a blog and be a part of our community!
So, that's what I did: created a blog.

Ah, the difference between blogs and reviews wasn't clear to me. Sorry for my incomprehension, also to Shane and j0da.

*registers for a reading course*

Back
Top Bottom