Bombs in Mexico

Windmill knight

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/06112006/325/bombs-hit-mexico-election-court-party-hq-bank.html

Bombs hit Mexico election court, party HQ, bank

Monday November 6, 04:10 PM

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Bombs exploded at Mexico's top electoral court, an opposition party's headquarters and a bank in the capital on Monday, blowing out windows and causing other structural damage but injuring no one.

The devices went off simultaneously just after midnight and unnerved some investors worried about political instability before President-elect Felipe Calderon takes office on December 1. The Mexican peso fell against the dollar.

At a branch of Canada's Scotiabank in the south of Mexico City, the explosion tore apart the metal and glass facade of the bank.

In the headquarters of the Institutional Revolutionary Party, or PRI, ceiling panels at a back entrance lie shattered on the floor.
The PRI is the very corrupt party that ruled Mexico for some 70 years. The party currently in power is the PAN; it's held the presidency for 6 years with Vicente Fox and recently 'won' (or maybe not) a close election with a very small margin above the PRD. The PRD alleges fraud.

In my view, the three parties are ponerized.

Houses close to the electoral court, known as the Trife, were also damaged in the blast. The concrete court building suffered little damage.

A fourth bomb in a rucksack at another bank was deactivated by police, authorities said.

The court angered leftists in September for ruling that conservative candidate Calderon won July's presidential election fairly.

Judges threw out claims of fraud by leftist candidate Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, who lost narrowly.

Presidential spokesman Ruben Aguilar said the bombings were isolated incidents but still worrisome, and that the federal government and Mexico City police were investigating.

The PRI, which ruled Mexico for 71 years until President Vicente Fox beat it at elections in 2000, is now the third force in Mexican politics.

The PRI governor of the state of Oaxaca, Ulises Ruiz, is under pressure to resign after large street demonstrations by opponents who accuse him of corruption and using heavy-handed tactics against striking teachers.

Tens of thousands of protesters marched on Sunday in the state capital Oaxaca city where demonstrators clashed with police last week in the deepening conflict.

Joel Ortega, Mexico City's police chief, said he hoped images from the closed circuit television in the bank damaged by the blast might help police identify the bomber or bombers.

Mexico's peso dropped 0.73 percent to 10.869 per dollar. Mexican stocks gained ground, shrugging off the news.
Having read Douglas Reed's descriptions of the French and Russian Revolutions and how the masses were manipulated into that, I have the feeling that someone wants to make 'Mexico fall' (Cs' words) into chaos. I don't think that people spontaneously angry (from any of the parties involved) had anything to gain from this. So it could be an attempt to destabilize the country. Or it could be an attempt to destabilize in order to bring it under draconian measures in pure 'war on terror' style.

Any thoughts? What do Mexican forumites think?

I think you are right that "someone" wants to make Mexico fall into chaos. I think that it will help them make the U.S. fall into chaos. That might be the bigger prize.

DonaldJHunt said:
I think you are right that "someone" wants to make Mexico fall into chaos. I think that it will help them make the U.S. fall into chaos. That might be the bigger prize.
What about the idea, that they want the Mexican peso to drop, so that the USA can produce more cheap goods in Mexico? Or is this idea to crude?

I also notice that the bombs went off simultaneously in government buildings (and bank) at midnight on November 5th - V for Vendetta come to mind, but maybe just because I'm wearing this odd mask...

I think it's bigger than that. Mexico has already lost a lot of the cheap labor jobs to China anyway. I think it has more to do with establishing NorCom (the new Northern Command) military control over Canada, U.S. and Mexico. What better way for people to welcome military rule than a whole lot of chaos and uprisings.

Not to say there aren't real grievances in Mexico, esp. Oaxaca, but the fact that protesters have controlled a major city for months is pretty astonishing.

ArdVan said:
DonaldJHunt said:
What about the idea, that they want the Mexican peso to drop, so that the USA can produce more cheap goods in Mexico? Or is this idea to crude?

I thought that if the production prices in Mexico would be the same or even less as in China, then the USA maybe would produce more in Mexico instead of China because of the shorter transportation ways. But on the other hand this idea can not work, because of the unstable conditions in Mexico. Who wants to invest in unstable regions. China seems to be more stable.

The maquiladora system will be alive and well, even with more disruption, maybe, since the political instability is greater in the southern half of the country than in the north which seems to be a controlled cheap-labor, no-environmental-regulation, cult-murder zone for global capitalist pathocrats.

Also, some reports are questioning just how stable China really is. There are reports of a lot more labor and political unrest, especially away from the biggest cities. The rapidly growing income disparities, rampant corruption and pollution has made it a pressure cooker, one with the lid still on for the time being at least.

My hypothesis is that with automated production, they don't need that many industrial workers anymore. The pathocrats probably want to reduce population and increase heavy control over the survivors.

So chaos in Mexico will be convenient. They can accelerate the creation of a despotic, military-controlled North American Union, possibly without a lot of blood on the streets of the U.S. Or, maybe they want blood on the streets of the U.S.

Just speculating. Any thoughts?

ArdVan said:
I thought that if the production prices in Mexico would be the same or even less as in China, then the USA maybe would produce more in Mexico instead of China because of the shorter transportation ways. But on the other hand this idea can not work, because of the unstable conditions in Mexico. Who wants to invest in unstable regions. China seams to be more stable.

I also heard about unrest in China and I have even seen photos of a mass execution of people there. IMO China is more stable in the sense that the government there seems to pull in one direction (to be global power number one). Reading about Mexicos politics I always get the feeling that it's some kind of Mafia style government without any real higher goal (except maybe to wallow in money), but this may be the fault of the mainstream media. But both countries don't care about their people really. The PTB there just want slaves working for them for (almost) nothing and of course are only allowed to think of nothing else than materialistic desires.

DonaldJHunt said:
So chaos in Mexico will be convenient. They can accelerate the creation of a despotic, military-controlled North American Union, possibly without a lot of blood on the streets of the U.S. Or, maybe they want blood on the streets of the U.S.
Yes, it's a good hypoyhesis. I have no evidence to support it. I only have an intuition that this is the way things are being pushed.

The thing that bothers me is: It is true that Mexico is an unfair country; that there are loads of poor people; racism vs the indigenous tribes; corruption; and an increasingly psychopathic capitalism inspired mostly by US corporations. However, when I think about other countries which seem to have even deeper injustices (for example, a large number of the population of India literally lives on the street in extreme poverty - something you don't see in Mexico; there are many other countries in South East Asia which are also very poor), yet they seem somehow calmer (or at least that's my perception from a distance), I wonder if all the social and political unrest of the last years in Mexico is not a little 'artificial'? That is, 'inspired' or made more accute by someone, similar to what Reed described about the illuminati and the French Revolution.

By the way, one of the bombs in Mexico did not go off. It had a sign: "DANGER - BOMB". C'mon. What's up with that. It's kind of caricaturesque, isn it? Or 'artificial', as in 'not the natural and spontaneous product of social unrest'.

Or so it seems to me at the moment.

There does seem to be something artificial about it, I agree.

However, I know that there is a lot of civil disturbance, some of it very serious, in India that doesn't get in the newspapers. Where I work we offshore a lot of work to India and we get emails now and then saying the engineers in Bangalore won't be into work because of a violent general strike. I don't know about Southeast Asia, but there are reports of a lot more unrest in China that also doesn't make the news.

So maybe the artificiality has more to do with the publicity or lack of it.

apeguia said:
The thing that bothers me is: It is true that Mexico is an unfair country; that there are loads of poor people; racism vs the indigenous tribes; corruption; and an increasingly psychopathic capitalism inspired mostly by US corporations. However, when I think about other countries which seem to have even deeper injustices (for example, a large number of the population of India literally lives on the street in extreme poverty - something you don't see in Mexico; there are many other countries in South East Asia which are also very poor), yet they seem somehow calmer (or at least that's my perception from a distance), I wonder if all the social and political unrest of the last years in Mexico is not a little 'artificial'? That is, 'inspired' or made more accute by someone, similar to what Reed described about the illuminati and the French Revolution.

I see now that guerrilla groups are claiming the bombings. Those have existed for a decade and most of them are ramifications of the Ejercito Popular Revolucionario (EPR), which is independent and quite different from the EZLN of Chiapas. Those EPR guys are a mystery to me. Who are those people?

Anyway, in relation to the hypothesis about a North American Union, check this out:

'Building a North American Community', a Task Force Report by the Council on Foreign Relations
http://www.cfr.org/publication/8102/building_a_north_american_community.html

So, considering how reluctant Mexicans would be towards the idea, if there is a plan to make such a Union, there is a need to change society and its perceptions. One way could be social unrest or even revolution. That could also explain why Lopez Obrador didn't get the presidency - not because he was the 'real thing' (I don't think he was), but because he would be difficult to manage and convince of accepting any such scheme.

Don, thanks for your remarks about India. Yeah, I'm sure there's lots of things going on in there and other countries that we don't hear about. Our ignorance may create false impressions.

I have strong suspicious that the PRD people are behind the bombing

Back
Top Bottom