Blocked by internet provider ? Techie explanation.

PepperFritz

The Cosmic Force
Recently my posts to the forum have been disappearing almost as soon as I make them. So I'm posting this message as a "test" (to see how long it "sticks"), and to also ask if anyone else is having the same problem....

I suppose this could be place to put this.

Ok
In this houshold there are 2 computers online at any given time.

At present We are awaiting installation of tech stuff from our new internet providers as our old providers cut off our connection , after we told them we didnt want T.V. anymore.

So in the meantime one computer has been picking up internet access using wifi / airport and the other has been using a 3 broadband connected via usb (promises up to 7mbps - lucky to get online ) :)
Oh both are using diffirent providers.

Ok.

One computer (The airport one ) is happily accessing SOTT all day no problem.

The other (using 3 broadband) has continuously been getting a sott server cant be found , may be buisy , may be down etc etc.

Can any one please give me a reason how this is possible.

Shortly after writing to a sott editor im suddenly able to access sott again.

Just wondering if 3 was blocking sott , though now like a toothache vanishing on entering the dentists i´m all confused :)

anart said:
Work is being done on the server today, so the forum and SotT page have been up and down all day, which has caused content to 'disappear' and 'reappear'.
Thank you, Anart.

There have been too many "coincidental" problems since last Friday night, that would be PST 7pm May 16. Any unusual activity anywhere?
These problems range from technical issues to tire blowouts. My website for example was blocked yesterday morning due to overpopularity. I saw later that SOTT was down for capacity problems, that's the same thing as overpopularity.
I am relieved SOTT is back, but disappointed my art blog won't be available until the first of June. Meanwhile, all the tech calls led into a miasma of blunders and sales pitches compounded with wrong detours into cul de sacs of denial. I can only wonder what will be left by June. I managed to get in during a tech call and found not one single image. Every piece of my art appears to be lost. Now what sleezeball insurance company is going to see an opportunity here?
Whatever has been going on, I hope it is over.
The systems we are forced to live with are like fishermen's nets cast over groups of living species intentionally stressing us away from focusing on higher endeavors.

Back
Top Bottom