Bird flu paranoia?

mada85

The Cosmic Force
Mystery deepens over cause of Suffolk bird flu outbreak

When I first read about this outbreak of bird flu in Suffolk, I thought something wasn't quite right. I wondered how the disease is being spread/transferred, and how an outbreak occurred in a poultry farm whose operators claim to have some of the best bio safety measures. Here's some thoughts on the latest article (link above).

Guardian Unlimited said:
The government was last night investigating possible links between the discovery of H5N1 avian bird flu at a Bernard Matthews turkey farm in Suffolk and recent outbreaks of the disease in Hungary.

As the cause of the UK outbreak remained unclear, a team of 30 people continued to gas 159,000 turkeys on the Holton farm in Suffolk throughout the night. The government confirmed that the virus which was identified in one turkey shed on Friday was the same strain found last month in Hungary, where an outbreak among geese on a farm prompted the slaughter of thousands of birds.

[...]Mr Matthews owns Saga Foods, [Hungary's] largest poultry company.

A spokesman for Bernard Matthews said the two operations were connected only in terms of ownership. "All our birds are British. The fact that we have a Hungarian operation is immaterial. It is very unlikely. It's a complete mystery to us. We have the highest biosafety standards of anyone. We are waiting for Defra to finish its investigations and they will tell us the likely cause." He refused to comment on the possibility of a wild bird carrying the disease getting into the plant, but said there was no history of such an event.

[...]Last night, as the carcasses of the birds were shipped to Staffordshire for rendering, the government sought to play down health fears. Chief scientist Sir David King said: "I'm really confident this is not going to spread to other poultry holders."
Has Sir David King just given the game away? Does he know for an absolute fact that the disease is not going to spread, and if so, how does he know? How difficult would it be to introduce bird flu to the Bernard Matthews farm? And what about the use of the word 'rendering'? Surely the authors don't mean kidnapped and sent to Staffordshire for torture as suspected terrorists? This next quote is also suggestive:

Guardian Unlimited said:
The government last night said it was monitoring the public health situation. Health secretary, Patricia Hewitt, said: "We are preparing very, very seriously and thoroughly for the possibility of a pandemic flu. It is a very remote risk, but if it did happen it could be very serious indeed."
Has Patricia Hewett given another piece of the game away? In the pathocrats' terms, 'preparing very, very seriously and thoroughly' would mean making sure 'they' are safe from the flu. Perhaps this outbreak is a test run to see if the disease can cross the species gap.

Guardian Unlimited said:
But mystery deepened over how the disease had got into what Bernard Matthews called "the most bio-secure" plant in Britain, with other turkey breeders and scientists discounting the theory that a wild bird had got into the closed plant.

"Nothing has given us any indication whatever that this event is linked directly to wild birds," said Lawrence Woodward, director of the Elm Farm Research Centre, who sits on the Defra committee of avian flu stakeholders. "The idea that a solitary bird carrying H5N1 is flying around East Anglia out of the migratory season and then falls down a ventilation shaft of the biggest poultry farm in Britain is just not viable," he said.
It seems to me that this incident works very well for the pathocracy. There is now an 807 square mile restriction zone around the affected farm, the government is preparing for a flu pandemic, people are scared of bird flu, all of which serves to ratchet up the climate of fear. People acclimatise themselves to the idea of restriction zones and 'necessary measures'.

All the above may well be just paranoia on my part, but if the pathocracy like to hide things in plain sight, then I think it's worth unpacking their statements to try and get at the truth.

When hearing his on BBC world yesterday afternoon,when asking a govt mouthpiece how it got in there,the spokesman said "probably from a "migratory bird" to which the BBC reporter said,but its not migration season...

And so on.

Maybe the Bernard Mathews company are on the take and are being paid to participate in this pump up the fear operation.

Paranoid thinking of course.

the rabbit said:
Maybe the Bernard Mathews company are on the take and are being paid to participate in this pump up the fear operation.

Paranoid thinking of course.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course! Everyone knows that conspiracies don't exist. :lol:

What about this one? _http://www.naturalnews.com/043079_bird_flu_H6N1_human_appearance.html

Rare H6N1 bird flu strain makes first human appearance

According to the Associated Press (AP), the woman somehow came down with the virus, which had previously been isolated to birds, even though she had not come into contact with any live fowl.

The woman, whose name has not been publicly released, worked in a deli and nowhere near live birds, which has left investigators with more questions than answers as to how she developed the disease. After symptoms began to emerge, the woman underwent tests that came back positive for H6N1.

Ducks in a Row, All Jabbed With Bird Flu Vaccine​

Story at a glance:
  • France plans to vaccinate 64 million ducks across 2,700 farms against bird flu, at a cost of $105 million
  • The vaccination campaign, which is mandatory for farms with more than 250 ducks or those raising ducks for meat or foie gras, was launched in response to the country’s repeated outbreaks of bird flu since 2020
  • Birds vaccinated for bird flu may not show signs of illness but could still transmit the virus, causing further circulation of the disease
  • As a result, the U.S. restricted the importation of poultry from France, as well as live ducks, duck eggs and untreated duck products from the European Union, Iceland, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Norway
  • Bird flu is being painted as the next big pandemic, and the U.S. is testing avian flu vaccines for use in poultry and people

Attachments

• ducks-jabbed-with-bird-flu-vaccine-pdf.pdf
    160.3 KB · Views: 1
I found this article about what's being called the fake bird flu pandemic. Transmission to humans of this virus is rare according to CDC papers, and the symptoms are mild, despite the 50% death rate + 100x worse than covid claims in the media.

Bird flu is transmitted mainly by wild birds, like these snow geese in Ruthsberg, Md., in January 2023. <a href=https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/snow-geese-take-off-from-a-field-in-ruthsburg-maryland-on-news-photo/1246532637 rel=nofollow noopener target=_blank data-ylk=slk:Photo by JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images;elm:context_link;itc:0 class=link >Photo by JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images</a>

Bird flu is transmitted mainly by wild birds, like these snow geese in Ruthsberg, Md., in January 2023. Photo by JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty ImagesFrom today’s Yahoo News:
An outbreak of H5N1 avian influenza that started in 2021 has become the largest bird flu outbreak in history, both in the U.S. and worldwide. In the U.S. the virus has led to the destruction of millions of commercially raised chickens, turkeys, ducks and geese, and has killed thousands of wild birds.

Here is how bizarrely this issue was handled. From a report published last April in the Guardian:

"More than 22 million birds have been killed in an attempt to contain the outbreak – the majority in Iowa, the US’s biggest producer of eggs. The slaughter of 5.3m hens at Rembrandt is the largest culling at any factory farm in the country."

The article goes on to say the billionaire owner of the plant fired almost all the workers immediately after they had killed and disposed of 5 million chickens, after one chicken tested positive for H5N1 “bird flu.”

But it seems that was only the beginning of the culling, according to a January 2023 article from NBC:

Nearly 58 million birds from commercial and backyard flocks have been wiped out in the U.S. since last February, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service

“As it is now, this is the largest animal emergency that the USDA has faced in this country,” said Gino Lorenzoni, an assistant professor of poultry science and avian health at Pennsylvania State University.

More than 40 million egg-laying hens have been culled in the U.S. alone, causing the price of eggs nationwide to skyrocket, Lorenzoni said. Months earlier, the “bird flu” outbreak drove the cost of turkey meat to record highs.

From a December 2022 STAT article we find Sir Jeremy wants to stoke the bird flu fear. You never know, H5N1 virus could mutate and start killing us, any day:

“In an interview with STAT on Sunday — unrelated to his new appointment — [Sir Dr. Jeremy] Farrar expressed renewed concern about H5N1, which after years of relative quiescence has spread around the world, causing major losses in poultry flocks.

The current version of the virus infects people less frequently than did the version that was circulating in the mid-to-late aughts. And when human infections now occur, as did one in Colorado in the spring, the illness is now typically mild. He warned, though, that it shouldn’t be assumed the virus couldn’t regain virulence and become a greater threat to people.”

And CDC confirms both that transmission is rare and that the only case identified in the US was mild and resolved rapidly:

A person has tested positive for avian influenza A(H5) virus (H5 bird flu) in the U.S., as reported by Colorado and confirmed by CDC. This case occurred in a person who had direct exposure to poultry and was involved in the culling (depopulating) of poultry with presumptive H5N1 bird flu. The patient reported fatigue for a few days as their only symptom and has since recovered.
The same CDC article goes on to say:

CDC has tracked the health of more than 2,500 people with exposures to H5N1 virus-infected birds and this is the only case that has been found to date. Other people involved in the culling operation in Colorado have tested negative for H5 virus infection, but they are being retested out of an abundance of caution.

This is the second human case associated with this specific group of H5 viruses that are currently predominant, and the first case in the United States.

Desperately seeking H5N1 in humans, CDC? And of course the article fails to surprise us:

CDC also is monitoring H5N1 viruses for genetic changes that have been associated with adaptation to mammals, which could indicate the virus is adapting to spread more readily from birds to people. CDC is taking routine preparedness and prevention measures, which includes an existing candidate vaccine virus that could be used to make vaccine for people if one were needed.
So, a broad culling strategy for commercial birds was devised when H5N1 was a different virus and occasionally killed humans, It also was not widespread in wild birds then. This is a version of “Track and Trace,” which might work when the disease isn’t everywhere (i.e., ‘community spread.’). But now with widespread wild bird infections, there is community spread. And, as with Omicron, the disease itself became a lot milder in humans.

And the UK is developing a new lateral flow test for bird flu that is likely to increase the false positives. Oh joy.

Did it become milder in chickens? If they don’t cull, will we learn this is just a cold in chickens? Maybe it doesn’t spread to all the birds, and we should actually seek out the birds that have natural immunity, and find out what they have? Maybe a drug or vaccine would solve the problem? Of if the disease is mild in chickens, maybe all that is needed at this point is to let them recover. Did the one chicken that tested positive have any symptoms?

What does the USDA, which is managing the culls, say about all this? According to the USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS):

APHIS collects and tests large numbers of samples from wild birds in the North American flyways. It is not uncommon to detect avian influenza in wild birds, as avian influenza viruses circulate freely in those populations without the birds appearing sick.

Why am I surprised? Bird flu has been rolled into the Biosecurity agenda, and the USDA is teaching farmers Biosecurity. Are they keeping this bird flu farce going to justify One Health? I bet that’s it. Curse the Global Biosecurity Agenda each time you buy a dozen eggs.

As I mentioned in the session thread, this may be a scare - there's reports of this bird flu passing to cows and pigs. There's also the Ukrainian biolabs that were designing viral weapons spread by migratory birds. So maybe this bird flu is just that - a weak flu that is being used to cull birds and drive up food prices. Or maybe it's a bioweapon that's been unleashed on livestock.

At any rate, the message is that we should be very, very afraid (as usual). Fear not, plebs! The mad scientists are making a vaccine!

Vaccine Makers Prep Bird Flu Shot for Humans ‘Just in Case’; Rich Nations Lock in Supplies​

Reuters reported:

Some of the world’s leading makers of flu vaccines say they could make hundreds of millions of bird flu shots for humans within months if a new strain of avian influenza ever jumps across the species divide.

One current outbreak of avian flu known as H5N1 clade 2.3.4.4b has killed record numbers of birds and infected mammals. Human cases, however, remain very rare, and global health officials have said the risk of transmission between humans is still low.

Executives at three vaccine manufacturers — GSK Plc (GSK.L) Moderna Inc. (MRNA.O) and CSL Seqirus, owned by CSL Ltd (CSL.AX) — told Reuters they are already developing or about to test sample human vaccines that better match the circulating subtype, as a precautionary measure against a future pandemic. Others, like Sanofi (SASY.PA), said they “stand ready” to begin production if needed, with existing H5N1 vaccine strains in stock.

There has also been a push among companies to develop a bird flu vaccine for poultry, a market potentially far larger than that for humans.

How forward thinking of them.

Bird flu is being painted as the next big pandemic, and the U.S. is testing avian flu vaccines for use in poultry and people

As I mentioned in the session thread, this may be a scare - there's reports of this bird flu passing to cows and pigs.

Peasant view of "bird flu"

Every spring around this time, March/April, when the snow recedes and the sun starts to warm up, our chickens get a "cold" (the poor ones couldn't travel to warmer regions and endured the snow and cold as best they knew how). They would sniffle, sneeze, and you could hear the rattling in the lungs as they breathed. My uneducated grandmother would take a low container (I estimate the capacity to be 3-4 liters) and place it next to another container that usually contained water for the poultry. In that new container, she would put a lump of green galica (Iron (II) sulfate; FeSO4, so not blue galica Copper (II) sulfate CuSO₄, which is used to make "Bordeaux soup"), as big as a larger walnut (approx. 3 cm diameter). She poured just enough water so that the nugget was covered with water. In the immediate vicinity, she placed a bucket with water, a wooden stump, and I sat on it as a child (I didn't go to school, so I was younger than 6 years old), gave me a small pot and gave me instructions: "Whenever you see a lump, add water to you cover the nugget" (I assume that this lowering was necessary to maintain a certain density of the solution).

And so I, with a pot, sat on that stump and looked bored into the container of water and waited to see if I would see a nugget on the surface. The chickens passed by and nothing happened except that the water slowly changed color towards a brown shade. Suddenly a hen noticed the container, ran towards it and started to "drink" the water. She let the water out through her nose (openings on the beak) and gargled, so that the water dripped from her beak and dripped down her neck and chest. Soon, other chickens joined her, and there was such a crowd around that bowl (like in front of a shopping center when it opens on Black Friday :-D ), so I had to lower the water. Then one by one they left, found a sunny spot, lay down and stretched their legs and spread their wings like fans and basked in the sun. I went too. During the next 3-4 days, my grandmother would occasionally send me to check the water level in the container (and the nugget had completely melted in the meantime). Poultry would come, from time to time to the solution, so that they would have a need. 5.-6. day, not a single hen came close to that solution, so we simply spilled it and all that would remain was a bowl of clean water. The chickens were healthy.

Disclaimer;
I have no laboratory confirmation that our "cold" chickens had bird flu, because no one has ever heard that such a thing even exists. Bird flu appeared in the second half of my life.

The point;
A child under the age of 6 sat among a bunch of "cold" chickens, fed them and played among them without any health consequences (this also applies to adults).

Recommendation;
In the spring, offer your poultry (and maybe the birds in the nearby park) a solution of green galica, they will know for themselves whether they need it or not.

Best regards.

Peasant view of "bird flu"

Every spring around this time, March/April, when the snow recedes and the sun starts to warm up, our chickens get a "cold" (the poor ones couldn't travel to warmer regions and endured the snow and cold as best they knew how). They would sniffle, sneeze, and you could hear the rattling in the lungs as they breathed. My uneducated grandmother would take a low container (I estimate the capacity to be 3-4 liters) and place it next to another container that usually contained water for the poultry. In that new container, she would put a lump of green galica (Iron (II) sulfate; FeSO4, so not blue galica Copper (II) sulfate CuSO₄, which is used to make "Bordeaux soup"), as big as a larger walnut (approx. 3 cm diameter). She poured just enough water so that the nugget was covered with water. In the immediate vicinity, she placed a bucket with water, a wooden stump, and I sat on it as a child (I didn't go to school, so I was younger than 6 years old), gave me a small pot and gave me instructions: "Whenever you see a lump, add water to you cover the nugget" (I assume that this lowering was necessary to maintain a certain density of the solution).

And so I, with a pot, sat on that stump and looked bored into the container of water and waited to see if I would see a nugget on the surface. The chickens passed by and nothing happened except that the water slowly changed color towards a brown shade. Suddenly a hen noticed the container, ran towards it and started to "drink" the water. She let the water out through her nose (openings on the beak) and gargled, so that the water dripped from her beak and dripped down her neck and chest. Soon, other chickens joined her, and there was such a crowd around that bowl (like in front of a shopping center when it opens on Black Friday :-D), so I had to lower the water. Then one by one they left, found a sunny spot, lay down and stretched their legs and spread their wings like fans and basked in the sun. I went too. During the next 3-4 days, my grandmother would occasionally send me to check the water level in the container (and the nugget had completely melted in the meantime). Poultry would come, from time to time to the solution, so that they would have a need. 5.-6. day, not a single hen came close to that solution, so we simply spilled it and all that would remain was a bowl of clean water. The chickens were healthy.

Disclaimer;
I have no laboratory confirmation that our "cold" chickens had bird flu, because no one has ever heard that such a thing even exists. Bird flu appeared in the second half of my life.

The point;
A child under the age of 6 sat among a bunch of "cold" chickens, fed them and played among them without any health consequences (this also applies to adults).

Recommendation;
In the spring, offer your poultry (and maybe the birds in the nearby park) a solution of green galica, they will know for themselves whether they need it or not.

Best regards.

But think of all those poor pharmaceutical companies! They've spent a lot of time and money on their mRNA chicken vaccines, as well as their project to create genetically modified virus-free chickens. But in serious, thanks for the tip about galica, I didn't know that one. I'll check it out. I've had a sick piglet before, but never a sick chicken (that I knew of).

Anyways, here's an article about the chicken vaccines and GMO chickens projects. I think they're trying to get as much mRNA or GMO protein into the food supply as they can. And meanwhile, cull a huge amount of normal animals, so the chances of someone getting altered meat increases.

Scientists Warn Bird Flu Outbreak Could Be 100 Times Worse Than COVID​

Story at a glance:
  • Historical concerns about the lethality of bird flu to humans have consistently proven unfounded, with no recorded deaths in the U.S. from such outbreaks, despite significant government spending and public warnings in the past
  • Recent discussions around "global biosecurity" and the potential for disease outbreaks to foster a totalitarian world government have intensified. A weaponized bird flu could be the next major threat
  • Recent cases of bird flu affecting various mammals, including livestock and pets, suggest the virus may be adapting to new hosts, raising alarms about its potential impact on humans
  • In March 2024, the first case of bird flu in livestock was found in a goat in Minnesota. That same month, infected cows were identified in Kansas, Texas, New Mexico, Idaho and Michigan. Three cats have also reportedly died from H5N1 infection, and one individual who came into close contact with infected cows has tested positive after presenting with conjunctivitis (pink eye)
  • Current countermeasures against bird flu, such as culling infected and exposed animals, hinder the development of natural immunity. Smaller flock sizes and better management would also reduce the disease risk

Attachments

• bird-flu-outbreak-could-be-worse-than-covid-pdf.pdf
    272.5 KB · Views: 0
This article is translated into English from the Spanish newspaper El Pais.
Really, I think it's overkill, but here's the news:

Spanish scientists discover "massive outbreak" of lethal avian influenza in Antarctica

The lethal bird flu virus that has already killed hundreds of millions of birds around the world is spreading through Antarctica, the last virgin continent, as warned this Monday by an international expedition in which Spanish scientists Antonio Alcamí and Begoña Aguado . Researchers, aboard a sailboat, have traveled through the Weddell Sea and the Antarctic Peninsula for a month, finding corpses of Antarctic skuas – migratory seabirds similar to seagulls – with influenza in four of the 10 areas analyzed. Alcamí, recently arrived in the Argentine city of Ushuaia, explained by phone that on Beak Island they witnessed “a massive outbreak” in a colony of skuas. “We saw 80 alive and 50 dead. "That's crazy," warns the virologist from the Severo Ochoa Molecular Biology Center (CSIC) in Madrid.

Humanity is facing the worst bird flu crisis ever recorded. A new subtype of the virus, called H5N1 2.3.4.4b, emerged in 2021 and has since caused the culling of hundreds of millions of farmed birds and the deaths of millions of wild birds. The disease had spread across the five continents and conservation experts were holding their breath at the possibility of it jumping to the virgin Antarctic territory. On February 24, Alcamí himself and his colleague Ángela Vázquez confirmed for the first time the presence of the virus in Antarctica, in two dead skuas found by Argentine scientists and analyzed at the Spanish Antarctic base Gabriel de Castilla, on Decepción Island. .

Fullscreen button

El velero 'Australis', frente a una de las pingüineras analizadas.

The sailboat 'Australis', in front of one of the penguin colonies analyzed.© Antonio Alcamí (EL PAÍS)
Alcamí spent two months on the national mission and a month ago he jumped on an international expedition, led by Australian scientist Meagan Dewar . The virologist and the biologist Begoña Aguado installed their diagnostic laboratory on the sailboat, to be able to analyze the samples at the time. “This had never been done. “We have shown that it can be done,” Alcamí celebrates. The expedition, made up of 11 people, found some skua carcasses in Esperanza Bay and on Devil's and Paulet Islands, in addition to the fifty observed in the massive outbreak on Beak Island. Researchers tested 10 of the 50 and all of them tested positive. Scientists from the Chilean Antarctic Institute (INACH) also announced on March 14 that they had detected the virus in five skuas on Ross Island.

The sailboat also landed on Heroína Island, inhabited by a colony of Adelie penguins, which owe their name to Adèle Pépin , wife of the French explorer Jules Dumont d'Urville, who discovered these birds in 1840. The Alcamí and Aguado expedition found “a massive mortality” of these penguins. “We counted 500 bodies and stopped counting,” recalls the virologist, who estimates that there could be thousands. His team, however, did not detect highly pathogenic avian flu viruses, despite even analyzing the brains and lungs of dead penguins.

Hundreds of sea lions with bird flu, dead or dying , began to appear on the beaches of Peru in January 2023, triggering fear that the virus would learn to effectively pass from mammal to mammal. That terrifying possibility has not come true, at least for now. The pathogen still jumps easily from bird to bird, but when it reaches a mammal it is usually a dead end. The Indian epidemiologist Vijay Dhanasekaran , from the University of Hong Kong, explained to this newspaper in October that we must remain alert. “There is a perpetual threat of the virus jumping to humans. This is mainly due to the virus's ability to evolve rapidly. It can acquire mutations that help it adhere better to the receptors of human cells, or it can acquire the ability to be transmitted by aerosols,” warned Dhanasekaran. Alcamí and Aguado have analyzed sea lions and elephant seals, without finding any positive cases.

All of this is a perfect excuse to kill animals. Because in our future, there will be no animals, just machines.
Yes, as well as killing as many animals that are food for us so they can force us to eat their Frankenstein meat products. But I'm thinking there is even more to their endeavors. They've been playing around with this virus to make it so that it spreads across species, eventually to humans. I think that they want to make everyone aware of how lethal it is, according to them, so that when they have a vaccine for it everyone will clamor to get it. But, that's just my opinion.

Dr. Peter McCullough wrote a piece on bird flu - he says that mass poultry vaccinations beginning decades ago are probably playing a part in what we're seeing right now. One key point is that mRNA vaccines for chickens was already being used in 2020.

Mass vaccination of poultry outside the United States for highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza (HPAI) should be considered among the top reasons for the greater spread and severity of the virus. This important issue of the Report will explain how this poultry industry practice has backfired and likely created the problem we are seeing today. It turns out that Asian countries have deployed vaccines since 1995, and China started vaccinating poultry in 2004. In the same year, the US had its first outbreak of H5N2 avian influenza in over 20 years.

“On 17 February 2004, the state of Texas reported the detection of a type A influenza virus from chickens. On 1 March 2004, National Veterinary Services Laboratories announced the results of the chicken pathogenicity test that showed the virus as being avirulent (benign) for chickens; the chickens remained healthy throughout the 10-day observation period.”

From 2003-2005, wild birds spread the HPAI H5N1 virus to poultry in Africa, the Middle East, and Europe, and the Spike protein or hemagglutinin on the viral surface diversified into numerous clades (related groups), and viruses reassorted into multiple genetic lineages (genotypes) that were detected around the world. It was quickly determined that poultry vaccination was causing worsened viral spread, as published by Jane Parry.

Guyonnet et al, published a review in 2020 which disclosed that five major types of vaccines have been used in chickens including gene transfer products similar to the disastrous Pfizer and Moderna mRNA used in humans.

“The antigenic variation of the hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA) surface glycoproteins occurs at a high frequency through minor “drift” changes and may be associated with the immune pressure exerted by the vaccination of birds…[avian influenza (AI)] during the period January 2013–February 2019 resulted in the loss of approximately 128 million birds, with more than half (57.6%) of the reported losses in Asia, followed by the Americas (22.1%) and Europe (13.4%). Countries with official AI vaccination programs are Mexico, Egypt, Pakistan, Kazakhstan and Russia. China also has an official AI vaccination. Vaccination is also allowed in Bangladesh, where import permits are delivered to the private sector and killed AI vaccines are imported (no combination vaccines used). Vietnam, Egypt, and Indonesia have transitioned from mass vaccination to targeted vaccination ( OFFLU, 2013). The cost of AI vaccination is often shared between governments and the private sector.”

In countries that do not vaccinate poultry, flock outbreaks are managed by culling (extermination) supported by government subsidies. Among the big poultry producers, there appears to be no attempt to allow natural immunity from infection to take effect in bird populations.

Vaccination likely has backfired and may have been the artificial introduction of H5N1 Bird Flu into farming operations and the food supply. France was the first European country to introduce it on October 1, 2023, since the new EU legal norm came into force. The vaccination is controversial because it does not prevent the virus from multiplying 100 percent. Anyone who imports vaccinated chickens cannot be sure that they are not also importing the virus unnoticed. At least this risk exists, and for precisely these reasons, the USA and Japan immediately stopped imports of ducks from France on October 2, 2023. France conducted a mass vaccination campaign in poultry against H5N1 Bird Flu with Boehringer vaccines back in late 2023, prompting the USDA APHIS to ban the import of all poultry vaccinated against H5N1 due to shedding concerns and generation of new variants.

In January of 2024, an H5N1 outbreak occurred at a fully vaccinated duck farm in France shortly after the mandatory duck vaccination campaign. A new study by Li et al has demonstrated that poultry vaccination against H5N1 avian influenza results in faster evolution, which can lead to more resistant strains. There appears to be no way of “getting ahead” of avian influenza with vaccination and the goal of extermination of the virus is foolhardy, expensive, and potentially dangerous.

Non-sterilizing vaccines for chickens have long been understood to be dangerous with respect to Marek’s Disease. Read et al concluded that poultry vaccination backfired and created more fit strains of the virus that are more likely to survive and infect more birds. “Here we show experimentally that immunization of chickens against Marek’s disease virus enhances the fitness of more virulent strains, making it possible for hyper-pathogenic strains to transmit.” To our knowledge, there is no vaccination of poultry in the US and Canada.

Not yet, at least, or not publicized.

Back
Top Bottom