Beware the Ides of March - The Next Act

C

Craig H

By WILLIAM S. LIND
counterpunch.org
5 Feb 06

Wars, most wars at least, run not evenly but in fits and starts, settling down into sputtering Sitzkrieg for long intervals, then suddenly shooting out wildly in wholly unpredicted directions. The war in Iraq has fallen into a set pattern for long enough that we should be expecting something new. I can identify three factors ­ there may be more ­ which could lead to some dramatic changes, soon.
This article reminded me of something. What I'm going to say is perhaps a bit bizarre but here goes.

I caught a few seconds of TV news in the UK yesterday. The item featured UK Prime Minister Tony Blair visiting a school. The visit probably had something to do with school reforms but that's not important here. He was shown sitting next to a schoolgirl aged around 12 who was reading a book. Blair was looking at it too. I wasn't paying close attention but Blair stood up and twice said "Beware the Ides of March". It seemed to me that what he said must have related to the book but I thought at the time that it was an odd quote from a book being read by a 12 year old.

My point is this. I often think that the powers that be tell the truth but in a coded and out of context way. Like the saying goes "The truth is hidden in plain sight". This might have been just such an example. It's their way of playing by our rules. We can't say they didn't tell us. The Prime Minister told us on a prime time news bulletin.

You have been warned!

Back
Top Bottom