Behind the Headlines: Russian Jet Shot Down - NATO Uses Turkey to Attack Russia

Anam Cara said:
Thanks for this show guys. This, combined with Joe's recent article helped me understand the big picture of this global chess game - it really made it 'click'. I have an enormous amount of respect for the fight being waged by Putin, the Russian government and whatever 'secret team' they have over there, as well as the SOTT team for bringing this to light and making it understandable to us normal folk.

Well said Carl! I find the SOTT radio shows quite invaluable, and they have been extremely helpful to me in expanding my understanding of the geopolitical shenanigans and improving my 'dot-connecting' capabilities. Thanks so much guys!

Here, here!

Did you guys ever find out what happened to Gearóid?

Reactions: Joe
T.C. said:
Anam Cara said:
Thanks for this show guys. This, combined with Joe's recent article helped me understand the big picture of this global chess game - it really made it 'click'. I have an enormous amount of respect for the fight being waged by Putin, the Russian government and whatever 'secret team' they have over there, as well as the SOTT team for bringing this to light and making it understandable to us normal folk.

Well said Carl! I find the SOTT radio shows quite invaluable, and they have been extremely helpful to me in expanding my understanding of the geopolitical shenanigans and improving my 'dot-connecting' capabilities. Thanks so much guys!

Here, here!

Did you guys ever find out what happened to Gearóid?

He said at the outset that he was having computer issues. We've been in contact with him since the no-show and that remains the case. Hopefully we'll be able to get him on some time soon.

Reactions: Joe
I guess since the time this thread began, the wind is now blowing the other way? Turkey has just blocked Norway and Sweden from joining NATO. :lol:

I enjoyed the video. Cliff notes:

Turkey blocking on the basis of Sweden and Finland’s support for the PKK.

Doesn’t seem to be any good reason for Sweden and Turkey to join.

Relating to NATO’s unending ‘expansionism’, and that itself being the cause of the operation in Ukraine.

Turkey’s shift in its perception of itself as an individual nation state, and equal player in the new global geopolitical situation as globalism breaks down. Basing their national identity on their history and religion in the same way Russia is now doing. These “civilisation states” having more in common with each other, hence being more allied, as opposed to western, secular societies.

I enjoyed the video. Cliff notes:

Turkey blocking on the basis of Sweden and Finland’s support for the PKK.

Doesn’t seem to be any good reason for Sweden and Turkey to join.

Relating to NATO’s unending ‘expansionism’, and that itself being the cause of the operation in Ukraine.

Turkey’s shift in its perception of itself as an individual nation state, and equal player in the new global geopolitical situation as globalism breaks down. Basing their national identity on their history and religion in the same way Russia is now doing. These “civilisation states” having more in common with each other, hence being more allied, as opposed to western, secular societies.

I think you have explained the problem perfectly. Thank you for your comment.

Also, Turkey wants to use this trump card to gain a more advantageous position against Russia in Central Asia and Syria. Of course, Turkey also wants to be stronger at the table against the West. Unless it receives important offers from the United States and Europe, it will not approve the participation of these countries in NATO. Turkey will continue its policy of balance.

I guess it will be a decisive factor in the process of the Ukrainian War.

Also, Turkey wants to use this trump card to gain a more advantageous position against Russia in Central Asia and Syria. Of course, Turkey also wants to be stronger at the table against the West. Unless it receives important offers from the United States and Europe, it will not approve the participation of these countries in NATO. Turkey will continue its policy of balance.

I guess it will be a decisive factor in the process of the Ukrainian War.

I think if Turkey pursues this kind of independent stance, looking out for its own best interests built on its own national identity, it doesn’t need to think about taking a position ‘against’ Russia, but it instead further creates international relations between countries in that region which are based on mutual respect, as opposed to ‘sabre-rattling’, so to speak.

And we must always remember that the Russians were responsible for saving Erdogan’s life during the attempted coup in Turkey a few years ago. If I was him, I would like to continue to maintain a friendly and cooperative relationship with Russia. And I’m sure the Russians would like to see Turkey, and any other country for that matter, build and strengthen an independent national identity, as opposed to being the puppet of Anglo-American pathocracies.

I think if Turkey pursues this kind of independent stance, looking out for its own best interests built on its own national identity, it doesn’t need to think about taking a position ‘against’ Russia, but it instead further creates international relations between countries in that region which are based on mutual respect, as opposed to ‘sabre-rattling’, so to speak.

And we must always remember that the Russians were responsible for saving Erdogan’s life during the attempted coup in Turkey a few years ago. If I was him, I would like to continue to maintain a friendly and cooperative relationship with Russia. And I’m sure the Russians would like to see Turkey, and any other country for that matter, build and strengthen an independent national identity, as opposed to being the puppet of Anglo-American pathocracies.

I think Turkey wants to support Russia. It is really clear. There is a good relationship between Erdogan and Putin. Geopolitical relations are not like human relations. Turkey has been basing its economic and military development on the west for many years. But we are talking about countries that are tired of being betrayed all the time. These countries come from the imperial culture and their interests come first. I think there is more cooperation than taking a stand here and this will increase gradually. Even so, Turkey will take advantage of Russia's difficult times to increase its influence in Syria, Central Asia, and Africa. But the main goal is always to be strong in the west against NATO and the USA. My personal opinion is that there will be serious military cooperation between Russia and Turkey in the coming years. Not like in Syria. It could be much more. I think there will be a lot of countries that want to participate in it. I guess NATO cannot remain functional for many years to come.

Back
Top Bottom