Beautiful Art: architecture, paintings, sculptures, etc

Edit: just saw Ca.'s reply.

@whitecoast De qui est cette œuvre, connaissez vous l'auteur ?

@whitecoast Whose work is this, do you know the author?

I just randomly found the image online, but since you asked I did a google reverse image search on the image and I found this on Wikipedia:

Beneath the Snow Encumbered Branches, painted in 1903, by Joseph Farquharson.

Merci beaucoup @whitecoast mais CA. avait déjà répondu, c’est plus instructif quand on donne au moins le nom de l'auteur de l'œuvre quand/si on le connait... Merci. 🥰

Thanks a lot @whitecoast but CA. had already answered, it's more informative when you at least give the name of the author of the work when/if you know him... Thank you. 🥰

A Breath-taking Mosaic in Serbia

Reminder that the largest intact mosaic in the world was completed as recently as 2020.

Belgrade's Temple of Saint Sava - the "new Hagia Sophia". It was meant to be built a century ago, modeled on the 6th century wonder in Istanbul, but was held up by wars, occupation and then the post-war communist regime.

The enormous Orthodox church, with its 70m high dome, was built entirely from reinforced concrete. It was structurally complete in 2004, and work then began to adorn the interior walls with enormous frescoes and mosaics.

The mosaics now span 130,000 square feet and weigh around 320 tons in total. More than 50 million individual pieces covering the interior walls - the combined work of 300 artists over the course of 4 years.

Saint Sava is a mixture of modern and Serbian-Byzantine motifs, and is now a beacon of Serbian faith and national pride. It is the second largest Orthodox temple in the world.

Back
Top Bottom