Backup email security

TOTEM36

Jedi
Hello, since registering over 1 year ago, I have been worried about losing my membership account due to my email address being either hacked/taken over or something similar.

Would it be too difficult to have an option available for a backup email address to secure our accounts - as they do on alot of sites these days (ie. on banking / paypal sites etc.) ?

If not, thats ok.

You can change your email address without affecting your membership in this forum. If you change your email address for whatever reason, update your profile with the new email address. You will then get a notification email to your newly registered email address, from this forum, asking you to verify the change. So need to worry about a back-up email, OSIT. :)

I have tried several times to remove e-mail address from my profile but it's not happening. Can I have some help with that please?

stellar said:
I have tried several times to remove e-mail address from my profile but it's not happening. Can I have some help with that please?

Your profile here? Are you just trying to change your email adress? I'm pretty sure, but could be wrong, but I don't think you can remove your email address without adding a different one in. Your profile needs to be tied to an email address.

Heimdallr said:
stellar said:

Your profile here? Are you just trying to change your email adress? I'm pretty sure, but could be wrong, but I don't think you can remove your email address without adding a different one in. Your profile needs to be tied to an email address.
I've noticed that other's profiles do not show an e-mail adress but mine does, or does it only show it for me?

stellar said:
I've noticed that other's profiles do not show an e-mail adress but mine does, or does it only show it for me?
Yes, you can only see your email address but not the other members. :)

Vulcan59 said:
stellar said:
Yes, you can only see your email address but not the other members. :)
Phew! It's all good then, sorry for the hassle. :-[

Back
Top Bottom