Awakening to The Calling

Andrew

Jedi Master
Hello,

After many months of coming to SOTT for alternative News Articles I've decided to join the forum because of an insight I had last night
while browsing the forum contents. Yesterday I came across the movie thread and saw Laura's suggestion to watch "Lions for Lambs" so I decided to watch it. Once the movie ended I had a strong connection to the message that was being conveyed-it struck an internal chord. Over the past year or so I have been having a difficult time with "taking action" and providing others an opportunity to get an alternative perspective on the World, Life, Reality, Creation, Etc. Pretty much everything that embodies fringe knowledge. For the longest time I have felt that there is something that I am here to "do". A common theme I have come across in my research of many truth seekers, and also a difficult route to take if you feel incompetent in taking such action. Nonetheless this feeling of having to "do" something does not go away, even when I try and remain passive over the fact.
After watching the movie, and watching the young college student contemplate his next course of action I automatically had the feeling this could apply to us all who contemplate taking action. Although sometimes, a lot of times actually, I question whether it would even be worth it to "take action"? Simply because the world "as we know it" is going down the tubes, and the only way things are going to get any better is if they get worse first. It seems the natural order of things will make the changes necessary with or without the assistance of individual ideas. So what good am I against Cosmic changes that are inevitable?
Truthfully I'm afraid. I'm 19, what do I know? The way its set up in my mind, is once things start cracking down THEN I will be able to speak my voice. Those who I've already discussed such topics will understand even better; they will be able to see for themselves that these changes are real, and can no longer retreat to illusory comforts and securities. It wont just be me anymore, I'll have others around me who See also. Or perhaps I myself am just coming up with "comforting" illusions to escape my responsibilities? Whether that's true or not, I'm here seeking guidance in how to best progress toward fulfilling these responsibilities. I know they are mine and I accept that, but doing this all by myself for the past few years and having little to no contact with anyone else who makes the attempt to see beyond has made it extremely difficult.
There was a comment left by Laura from a man who wrote a very touching review on this movie which possibly gave me a hint at what to do next:
Laura said:
if these problems are ever going to be solved, it will only come through a dedication of spirit, commitment of the body, rolling up of the sleeves, getting to work, becoming expert, and going out there to make things better.
Becoming an EXPERT in this field of interest is one thing I believe I lack and is at least a prerequisite to making any kind of impact. I don't claim to know all that I have been presented with, nor do I claim to even understand it in its entirety. I do believe however that I have researched, contemplated, meditated on, and discovered through my own experiences the truths within fringe bodies of knowledge to verify its authenticity.
The Truth is, is there is so much to learn, so much to discover and understand that I feel completely overwhelmed by it all. When would I ever have time to share what I know? And how would I share if I'm not an expert in all its fields? How does one share what one "half-knows"?
What are ways that those in this community have made active use of their knowledge in the pursuit of aiding others in becoming aware of the unknown?
I have made few attempts at doing so in the past but each time have met with failure. A few years ago I made a website which I eventually stopped writing on because I just didn't know how to present what I had discovered. Most recently I had made an attempt at starting a Clothing Line which had Individualistic, Free-thinking, and Open-Minded ideals which inevitably met with failure although it was highly appraised. I felt like what I was doing was a discourtesy to Truth by presenting it in a fashionable form. I knew the overall message would go over most peoples heads and it would take some time of contemplation to discover what was within the ideas. It was a more in-direct approach in which case the goal was to aim toward the Hearts, Minds, and Feelings of those who would wear the clothing. What I felt I was really doing however was aiming more towards peoples materialistic desires. Then again, I feel it also failed due to lack of ability to communicate effectively that which it stood
for. I'm not very good at communicating with others so this area just didn't seem to fit either due to the tremendous amount of social interaction that was required.
Now I'm on my third run and have been contemplating maybe just starting a Blog? Yet I'm met with a familiar dilemma of what to say, how to say it, how to present it etc. To be frank with all I have said so far I don't know how to break free of all these ruts that I continually find myself in. I understand that all of this is self-created, yet discovering the belief that is causing these "problems" is way over my head, or maybe I'm afraid to confront them?
Can anyone here offer guidance on possible methods to overcome discouragement, low self-confidence due to past failures, how to discover limiting beliefs, and possibly new methods to implement toward fulfilling my goal of being of assistance to those who ask for it, a beacon of light for those searching for it, and a sign of hope for those new to it. This is my goal and this is my path and I feel due to these discouragements and thoughts of inferiority that I'm straying away from that path. I can't fail this time around. So I'm here asking for assistance on how to best fulfill my duty. I no longer want to walk this path alone, but side by side with those who are fighting the same internal-external battle as myself.

Thanks for your time

Andrew said:
After watching the movie, and watching the young college student contemplate his next course of action I automatically had the feeling this could apply to us all who contemplate taking action. Although sometimes, a lot of times actually, I question whether it would even be worth it to "take action"? Simply because the world "as we know it" is going down the tubes, and the only way things are going to get any better is if they get worse first. It seems the natural order of things will make the changes necessary with or without the assistance of individual ideas. So what good am I against Cosmic changes that are inevitable?
Hi Andrew. The way I see it, the free-will vs determinism argument is not one that can really be resolved via discussion, because if you have free will, then you also have the right to give up that free will for a fixed future. And if you give up your free will (or if you are unable to be anything other than deterministic) then the question becomes irrelevant.

Your attitude reflects what seems to be the case for many of us at the moment - hypnotized into being "deer in the headlights"; doing nothing that might affect the future outcome for others or ourselves. Bottom line is, nobody here knows whether anything we do WILL make a difference. It could all cave in tomorrow. But if we accept that is the way things must be, then we commit ourselves to that future. The only way to get out of a closed system, is to start accepting the system might not be as closed as we think. Hope, or wishful thinking? Depends on your point of view, I guess.

Andrew said:
Truthfully I'm afraid. I'm 19, what do I know? The way its set up in my mind, is once things start cracking down THEN I will be able to speak my voice. Those who I've already discussed such topics will understand even better; they will be able to see for themselves that these changes are real, and can no longer retreat to illusory comforts and securities. It wont just be me anymore, I'll have others around me who See also. Or perhaps I myself am just coming up with "comforting" illusions to escape my responsibilities?
Only you can decide what you are response-able for. That being said, I think a number of things you have said above are sort of anti-common sense. If you can't speak your voice now due to your fear, what makes you think that you'll be able to do so if global fascism descends? And if these other people you've spoken to about things can't speak up either, then aren't you already doing more than them? If so, how are you going to be able to rely on them when things hit the fan?

The forces we are dealing with are not only trying to enslave us, they are doing it in such as way as to make us completely unaware of our slavery - to think that it is the only possible way things could be. If you can glimpse the truth of this when everyone else is blindly sleepwalking towards doom, how can you rely on somebody else to "make it all better"? And if you think you've found a group of people who DO see this and are a bit more awake, do you think they will be able to "save" you when they are fighting with everything they've got for their own collective future?

Andrew said:
The Truth is, is there is so much to learn, so much to discover and understand that I feel completely overwhelmed by it all. When would I ever have time to share what I know? And how would I share if I'm not an expert in all its fields? How does one share what one "half-knows"?
Speaking for myself, I am mercilessly trying to 'unlearn' any "half-knowledge" I have and only do things that I have a good understanding of, AND have received advice and feedback on things first. I cannot ever be sure my understanding is full or complete. Sometimes it is overwhelming trying to "work through" problems and I need to take "time out" with a movie and pizza (or something similar), but I try and use the "baby steps" approach. Bit by bit gets the job done.

Andrew said:
What are ways that those in this community have made active use of their knowledge in the pursuit of aiding others in becoming aware of the unknown?
Check the sub-forum "Creative Acts" and you'll see some examples.

Andrew said:
Now I'm on my third run and have been contemplating maybe just starting a Blog? Yet I'm met with a familiar dilemma of what to say, how to say it, how to present it etc. To be frank with all I have said so far I don't know how to break free of all these ruts that I continually find myself in. I understand that all of this is self-created, yet discovering the belief that is causing these "problems" is way over my head, or maybe I'm afraid to confront them?
In my experience, communication difficulties often occur when we attempt to ensure that the other person sees what we want them to see. Other people have the right to distort, misinterpret and misunderstand the things I am saying, so I don't try to "make" them understand. Perhaps a place for you to start would be to consider why you have such strong negative feelings about being misunderstood?

Andrew said:
I no longer want to walk this path alone, but side by side with those who are fighting the same internal-external battle as myself.
The recommended reading list is a good place to start, I think. Don't worry about how daunting it seems to read all those books - remember your aim. And use the forum to ask questions and get feedback. That's what it's here for! :)

Welcome to the forum, and good luck on your search.

Ryan said:
If you can't speak your voice now due to your fear, what makes you think that you'll be able to do so if global fascism descends?
I'm afraid mostly because people aren't aware, have no intentions of becoming aware, and are so helplessly dependent on their sources of entertainment to keep their minds preoccupied that most attempts to bring about information beyond their known realm of understanding is either met with confusion or hostility. IF things were to "crack-down" then would that not be a potential catalyst in awakening people from their sleep-state? Making them more open to receive information that might explain the events happening around them? I got a glimpse of this when an old group of friends became aware of the fact that many movies were coming out that were about corrupt governments, ET activity, conspiracies etc. We had a discussion on it and it was during that discussion that I had seen them open their minds to thoughts they had previously, consciously rejected and intended to ignore. Now that occurring on a grand-scale I can't say, but in that moment in time a group of people who had previously told me they would rather "be asleep" actually wanted to "become aware". I suppose in a way of its own it would be the igniting factor to really show me that this is real and really happening in turn giving me the courage necessary to make my stand. Or this is just pure imaginative speculation, cant really say ;)

Ryan said:
The forces we are dealing with are not only trying to enslave us, they are doing it in such as way as to make us completely unaware of our slavery - to think that it is the only possible way things could be. If you can glimpse the truth of this when everyone else is blindly sleepwalking towards doom, how can you rely on somebody else to "make it all better"? And if you think you've found a group of people who DO see this and are a bit more awake, do you think they will be able to "save" you when they are fighting with everything they've got for their own collective future?
Yes and TPTB do it very well. My intentions aren't really to fulfill individual salvation through others, but to have direct connection and communication with other open-minded individuals. It's been quite some time that I've had anyone to discuss these topics with, or someone who feels the importance of these issues as I do and is willing to discuss them openly.

Thanks for your reply Ryan it was much appreciated.

Ryan said:
Ryan wrote:
If you can't speak your voice now due to your fear, what makes you think that you'll be able to do so if global fascism descends?
Andrew said:
IF things were to "crack-down" then would that not be a potential catalyst in awakening people from their sleep-state? Making them more open to receive information that might explain the events happening around them?
If there is a crack-down, people may be so overwhelmed by fear that they might actually become dangerous to those who try to wake them up. At the very least, in such a situation, it is very difficult to discern those you can trust from those you can not.

I'm basing this on my experience as a whistleblower in a pathological work situation.

Those of us who resisted the administration by going to the press, (which was sympathetic), and to our boss' s superiors, (who were not and chose to protect the psychopathic boss), were harassed and made examples of to frighten the rest of the work force.

The other whistleblowers and I were jeopardizing our jobs and as others observed the degree of harassment that we were experiencing , distanced themselves from us. And yet, I saw some amazing acts of support from some colleagues that I would never have expected to have such reserves of courage.

Those people were in the minority.

The majority just tried to stay under the radar.

And a few began to work for the administration by befriending us and then returning to the administration with any information they had heard from us which had been told to them in confidence.

One colleague eventually committed suicide.

I agree that it is important to wake people up. But I do think that once the situation has become ponorized, it is quite dangerous to do so openly because people's desire for self preservation for themselves and their families may make them willing to sacrifice you for themselves and their own.

Once such a regime takes control, if one does decide to oppose it, extreme self discipline, self knowledge, and discernment are necessary just to survive, let alone be effective.

Andrew said:
Most recently I had made an attempt at starting a Clothing Line which had Individualistic, Free-thinking, and Open-Minded ideals which inevitably met with failure although it was highly appraised. I felt like what I was doing was a discourtesy to Truth by presenting it in a fashionable form. I knew the overall message would go over most peoples heads and it would take some time of contemplation to discover what was within the ideas.
Why did it fail? Why did you feel that your were doing "...a discourtesy to Truth by presenting it in a fashionable form?" Upon what did you base your assumptions that "...the overall message would go over most people's heads?" What is wrong with the likelihood that
"...it would take some time of contemplation to discover what was within the ideas." It sounds like a great idea to put the information out there in that way.

I think you might be more effective if you stop trying to second guess other people's reactions.

Perhaps now, at nineteen, is the time for you to prepare yourself by learning as much as you can and in that way truly understand as much of yourself as you possibly can.

All the best, and welcome to the forum.

Andrew said:
Hi Andrew, fwiw I look at it this way - the universe works through us. In other words, nothing will change unless someone, somewhere brings individual ideas and promotes them and spreads them. If slaves never revolt and never question their slavery, why would slave owners ever just free them, why would they ever stop being slaves? Eventually a psychopathic system destroys itself and US WITH IT. So if nobody takes action, if nobody says anything, then we will remain enslaved until the moment the entire system dies, including us (the disease kills the body and itself). It is kinda pointless to debate whether free will exists or not - the people in power don't really care about such a question, all they know is they DO what is necessary to keep power. They don't care whether they do it because the universe makes them or because they have free will. So, similarly, the only thing that makes sense to me is if we DO something towards our own destiny and the truth - whether we're doing it because of our own free will or because of some mysterious universal force that is in fact truly what's driving our choices, that can remain a question, but if nothing is DONE (regardless of underlying force that dries the action), nothing will be changed, osit.

Andrew said:
Ryan said:
And if you think you've found a group of people who DO see this and are a bit more awake, do you think they will be able to "save" you when they are fighting with everything they've got for their own collective future?
Yes and TPTB do it very well.
I don't understand what you mean by this. Can you please explain?

Andrew said:
My intentions aren't really to fulfill individual salvation through others, but to have direct connection and communication with other open-minded individuals.
Don't know how you got "fulfilling individual salvation" from what I wrote. That's not really the point - and "salvation" is a very interesting way to put it. Very religious sort of term. Where did you get that from?

Andrew said:
Thanks for your reply Ryan it was much appreciated.
No problems - giving when asked for is how I learn many things.

Ryan said:
I don't understand what you mean by this. Can you please explain?
This was in response to this.
Ryan said:
The forces we are dealing with are not only trying to enslave us, they are doing it in such as way as to make us completely unaware of our slavery - to think that it is the only possible way things could be.
I simply meant that TPTB use clever tactics to enslave us, as you have implied, and do it well.

Ryan said:
Don't know how you got "fulfilling individual salvation" from what I wrote. That's not really the point - and "salvation" is a very interesting way to put it. Very religious sort of term. Where did you get that from?
I got that from this:

Ryan said:
And if you think you've found a group of people who DO see this and are a bit more awake, do you think they will be able to "save" you when they are fighting with everything they've got for their own collective future?
I didn't really mean it in any religious fashion, it was just a term to describe what I was under the impression you were implying. Someone else saving me vs. me saving myself.

I apologize for the confusion

webglider said:
I'm basing this on my experience as a whistleblower in a pathological work situation.

Those of us who resisted the administration by going to the press, (which was sympathetic), and to our boss' s superiors, (who were not and chose to protect the psychopathic boss), were harassed and made examples of to frighten the rest of the work force.

The other whistleblowers and I were jeopardizing our jobs and as others observed the degree of harassment that we were experiencing , distanced themselves from us. And yet, I saw some amazing acts of support from some colleagues that I would never have expected to have such reserves of courage.

Those people were in the minority.

The majority just tried to stay under the radar.

And a few began to work for the administration by befriending us and then returning to the administration with any information they had heard from us which had been told to them in confidence.

One colleague eventually committed suicide.

I agree that it is important to wake people up. But I do think that once the situation has become ponorized, it is quite dangerous to do so openly because people's desire for self preservation for themselves and their families may make them willing to sacrifice you for themselves and their own.

Once such a regime takes control, if one does decide to oppose it, extreme self discipline, self knowledge, and discernment are necessary just to survive, let alone be effective.

All the best, and welcome to the forum.
I see your point. However, would this not be sufficient grounds during this time period and after of such panic, for resistance movements to begin to blossom? Is now not the minorities time of preparation before things get hectic? As you said the majority will most likely stay under the radar and the minority will have the courage to stand up against, but wouldn't the actions of the minority have the potential to inspire those who are still living in fear if such colossal events transpire, that make it blatantly obvious we are in serious doo-doo? Of course I have no idea how things are going to transpire or if we will even hit such extremities, but I suppose it does no harm to be prepared for worst case scenarios.

webglider said:
Why did it fail? Why did you feel that your were doing "...a discourtesy to Truth by presenting it in a fashionable form?" Upon what did you base your assumptions that "...the overall message would go over most people's heads?" What is wrong with the likelihood that
"...it would take some time of contemplation to discover what was within the ideas." It sounds like a great idea to put the information out there in that way.
My aim was to hit peoples minds, hearts, and feelings; aspects of people that have substance to it and aren't illusory as is materialism. In which case it didn't make sense why I would create something that was meant to hit real aspects of people but essentially hit the illusory ones, in this case materialism. Most people that were attracted to the style, through my own personal discernment and experience with people weren't exactly looking for truth but the next trend to fall into. Making the attempt to elaborate on the cause and purpose didn't really have much impact, only what new clothes they could gather for themselves. So I eventually just dropped the idea.

webglider said:
Perhaps now, at nineteen, is the time for you to prepare yourself by learning as much as you can and in that way truly understand as much of yourself as you possibly can.
I think your absolutely right. Spending most of my time worrying about what I'm going to do, how I'm going to do it stresses me out more than anything. And instead of it being a sign of progress it might actually be detrimental to my development.

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
Hi Andrew, fwiw I look at it this way - the universe works through us. In other words, nothing will change unless someone, somewhere brings individual ideas and promotes them and spreads them. If slaves never revolt and never question their slavery, why would slave owners ever just free them, why would they ever stop being slaves? Eventually a psychopathic system destroys itself and US WITH IT. So if nobody takes action, if nobody says anything, then we will remain enslaved until the moment the entire system dies, including us (the disease kills the body and itself). It is kinda pointless to debate whether free will exists or not - the people in power don't really care about such a question, all they know is they DO what is necessary to keep power. They don't care whether they do it because the universe makes them or because they have free will. So, similarly, the only thing that makes sense to me is if we DO something towards our own destiny and the truth - whether we're doing it because of our own free will or because of some mysterious universal force that is in fact truly what's driving our choices, that can remain a question, but if nothing is DONE (regardless of underlying force that dries the action), nothing will be changed, osit.
Hey ScioAgapeOmnis thanks for your reply. In the case scenario of the pathological system crashing I can see free-will working in two ways:
1. Choosing to allow yourself to be destroyed with the system or,
2. Choosing not to allow yourself to be destroyed.

Allowing yourself to be destroyed comes when the mind is completely dependent upon a corrupt system, and choosing not to be destroyed comes when you can live in the world but not partake in its nonsense. It's in choosing to reject the nonsense that you allow yourself the ability to see what others cannot see due to self-imposed blinders.

The question of action I think eventually comes when you choose the latter. However action in a hypnotized world is actively fought against which makes taking action a fearful endeavor to pursue-however I do believe it is necessary. But then what action does one take? What action is rightly aimed for ones destiny? I suppose these answers come with knowing ones self, but that in itself is not an easy thing to do.

Andrew said:
...action in a hypnotized world is actively fought against which makes taking action a fearful endeavor to pursue....
Choosing to act against the status quo has always been "a fearful endeavour", Andrew, not just in these times. Perhaps it would be helpful for you to gradually "build your courage" by starting small. There are small, quiet, non-confrontational ways that one can begin to "opt out" of the system. Take baby steps at first. Better to act small than be paralyzed by inaction.

I notice that you tend to think of "action" in rather melodramatic, grandiose terms, then become overwhelmed by all of the implications of your ideas. Are you familiar with Gurdjieff and his Fourth Way teachings? He taught others to develop themselves spiritually within the context of ordinary life, not grandiose gestures and actions. That is key. (This forum is rooted in those teachings by the way. You may find it helpful to re-read the information provided under the Forum Rules.}

Andrew said:
But then what action does one take? What action is rightly aimed for ones destiny? I suppose these answers come with knowing ones self, but that in itself is not an easy thing to do.
You have hit the nail on the head there, Andrew. Your very first "responsibility" is to get to know your "machine" by objectively observing your own behaviour and actions; by identifying the "programs" and "beliefs" that stand in the way of your ability to see objective reality. This is not done in a moment of enlightenment. It is the work of a lifetime, hence it is referred to by followers of Gurdieff as "The Work". Indeed, as you state, it is "not an easy thing to do." But do not be overwhelmed by that, it's all about the journey, not the destination.

I notice that you are very focussed on a grandiose sense of yourself needing to "play a role" and have a profound effect on others. I would suggest you think about the degree to which this goal may be as much about ego and self-importance as a desire to "help" others. Focus on yourself first, to ensure that your impulse to "help" comes from a balanced place. Ruthlessly examine your own motivations, to discover what emotional "pay-off" you may be seeking in this quest. Read Laura's work, including the Cassiopea transcripts, and work on truly understanding what the C's mean when they say that one does not become STO (Service to Others) by determining the needs of another. Recognize that we usually violate another's "free will" when we undertake to "change" them, and that we often concentrate on "others" as a way of avoiding examination of our own issues. Seek to change yourself rather than others. Help as much as you can when you are asked for assistance, but do not make it a goal to "change" others.

Joining this forum is a good first step, as participating in this kind of a network provides a good "mirror" in which you can learn more about yourself. A warm welcome to you.

PepperFritz said:
Choosing to act against the status quo has always been "a fearful endeavour", Andrew, not just in these times.
No doubt about that one my friend.

PepperFritz said:
Perhaps it would be helpful for you to gradually "build your courage" by starting small. There are small, quiet, non-confrontational ways that one can begin to "opt out" of the system. Take baby steps at first. Better to act small than be paralyzed by inaction.
This is a very good idea thank you for that. Any suggestions or ideas on how to start?

PepperFritz said:
I notice that you tend to think of "action" in rather melodramatic, grandiose terms, then become overwhelmed by all of the implications of your ideas. Are you familiar with Gurdjieff and his Fourth Way teachings? He taught others to develop themselves spiritually within the context of ordinary life, not grandiose gestures and actions. That is key. (This forum is rooted in those teachings by the way. You may find it helpful to re-read the information provided under the Forum Rules.}
If melodrama and grandiose terms are what your perceiving then I thank you wholeheartedly for pointing that out to me! It's been so long since I've had actual feed-back from the thoughts I carry. I am familiar with Gurdjieff's work but haven't gotten to his books yet, even though I have them. I suppose that's where I should start-been trying to find a new book to start reading today, suppose I should start there.

PepperFritz said:
But do not be overwhelmed by that, it's all about the journey, not the destination.
Thank you for reminding me of this, I often get lost in the destination and forget to give the journey its due credit. Seeking the truth and becoming the best HUman-Being you're capable of becoming is such a difficult and challenging path.

PepperFritz said:
Joining this forum is a good first step, as participating in this kind of a network provides a good "mirror" in which you can learn more about yourself. A warm welcome to you.
Thank you for your welcome and assistance.

Andrew said:
Hey ScioAgapeOmnis thanks for your reply. In the case scenario of the pathological system crashing I can see free-will working in two ways:
1. Choosing to allow yourself to be destroyed with the system or,
2. Choosing not to allow yourself to be destroyed.
But will we always have that choice? Take the nazis for example, people who could see what was happening in Germany left the country before all hell broke loose. But those who did not choose to act when they had the choice, later had no choice - they were stuck, and that meant either compliance or death at that late point in the "game". The universe gives us an opportunity, but not all opportunities are timeless and unconditional.

Andrew said:
Allowing yourself to be destroyed comes when the mind is completely dependent upon a corrupt system, and choosing not to be destroyed comes when you can live in the world but not partake in its nonsense. It's in choosing to reject the nonsense that you allow yourself the ability to see what others cannot see due to self-imposed blinders.
But how do we tell what is nonsense and what is not if we are not yet able to SEE? Also don't forget that we are in this world because we fit here - most if not all of our lessons are from interacting with the world and living in it. Rejecting "nonsense", as in lies, is done by learning. There is also such a thing as the A influences and B influences as described by Mouravieff. The former are all the things in this world that keep us distracted and asleep, the latter are those things that help us grow our real "I". It's impossible to differentiate between them without being able to SEE, and the more we know/see, the better we will be able to use the "B" influences to advance. But that doesn't mean we cannot participate in "A" influences - as long as we recognize them as such and do not fall for the illusions/lies that come with them. Rarely do A and B influences come separately - often they are part of the same package and it's up to us to differentiate and benefit based on who we are and what we can see.

Andrew said:
But then what action does one take? What action is rightly aimed for ones destiny?
I think that's why it's so important to seek knowledge - the more you know, the more chances that the action you take will be beneficial.

Andrew said:
However, would this not be sufficient grounds during this time period and after of such panic, for resistance movements to begin to blossom? Is now not the minorities time of preparation before things get hectic? As you said the majority will most likely stay under the radar and the minority will have the courage to stand up against, but wouldn't the actions of the minority have the potential to inspire those who are still living in fear if such colossal events transpire, that make it blatantly obvious we are in serious doo-doo?
This IS the time for preparation. In fact the time for vigilence and preparation should have happened decades before you were born, but it didn't.

In my case, when I and the group of whistleblowers I had worked with left that workplace, others rose up to take our places, and they were successful. They got not only the pathological boss fired, but a little while later two of his bosses were fired as well. This was a process that took over a decade: others had come before me.

Pepperfritz said:
Perhaps it would be helpful for you to gradually "build your courage" by starting small. There are small, quiet, non-confrontational ways that one can begin to "opt out" of the system. Take baby steps at first. Better to act small than be paralyzed by inaction.
Andrew said:
This is a very good idea thank you for that. Any suggestions or ideas on how to start?
Pepperfritz probably has some excellent ideas, but I'll put my two cents in anyway.

This is my response to your question:

Andrew said:
A few years ago I made a website which I eventually stopped writing on because I just didn't know how to present what I had discovered. Most recently I had made an attempt at starting a Clothing Line which had Individualistic, Free-thinking, and Open-Minded ideals which inevitably met with failure although it was highly appraised. I felt like what I was doing was a discourtesy to Truth by presenting it in a fashionable form. I knew the overall message would go over most peoples heads and it would take some time of contemplation to discover what was within the ideas. It was a more in-direct approach in which case the goal was to aim toward the Hearts, Minds, and Feelings of those who would wear the clothing. What I felt I was really doing however was aiming more towards peoples materialistic desires. Then again, I feel it also failed due to lack of ability to communicate effectively that which it stood
As I see it, you did take action and then you second guessed yourself. I can perhaps understand your reservations about continuing the website until you have studied more, but not those about giving up on the clothing line. It seems that you are good at this type of work, and why shouldn't this approach be as valid as any other? Someone may be at the right place at the right time and in the right frame of mind for your message to catapault him/her into a shift in consciousness. You have a right to make a living, and in this case you might do some good, and it's hard to see how you could do any harm.

If you can let go of the desire to know the results of your work, you might stop doubting yourself.

As I see it, no matter how good your work is, some people will hate it, some people will love it, and most people won't get it. You do your work for yourself because that is what helps you in your own evolution.

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
But will we always have that choice? Take the Nazis for example, people who could see what was happening in Germany left the country before all hell broke loose. But those who did not choose to act when they had the choice, later had no choice - they were stuck, and that meant either compliance or death at that late point in the "game". The universe gives us an opportunity, but not all opportunities are timeless and unconditional.
Unfortunately I don't think we will always have the choice.
In your example of Nazi Germany those who left probably left on the instinct that something wasn't quite right about the Nazi Regime and took the opportunity when they saw it to scedaddle on out of there. As for the others who stayed, most likely "chose" to believe in Hitler and reaped the consequences whether it was suicide or rebuilding Germany with conscious guilt of their actions in supporting such a regime. Either way it still comes down to choice and the choice is made whether were Conscious of the repercussions or not - We still make it in one way or
another.

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
But how do we tell what is nonsense and what is not if we are not yet able to SEE? Also don't forget that we are in this world because we fit here - most if not all of our lessons are from interacting with the world and living in it. Rejecting "nonsense", as in lies, is done by learning. There is also such a thing as the A influences and B influences as described by Mouravieff. The former are all the things in this world that keep us distracted and asleep, the latter are those things that help us grow our real "I". It's impossible to differentiate between them without being able to SEE, and the more we know/see, the better we will be able to use the "B" influences to advance. But that doesn't mean we cannot participate in "A" influences - as long as we recognize them as such and do not fall for the illusions/lies that come with them. Rarely do A and B influences come separately - often they are part of the same package and it's up to us to differentiate and benefit based on who we are and what we can see.
You bring up a valid point. Perhaps not everyone wants to see though. Perhaps some individuals had no intention of coming to Earth "to see" but to
fulfill other desires of the Soul. I think the choice to be destroyed or not applies more towards those who are already somewhat aware of the reality they currently occupy. In that regard learning through experience would be a good way to discover what is "nonsense" in an individual aspect vs. what is not "nonsense". Only the self can choose what doesn't fit with its individual profile and this differentiates among each individual. Discernment is then a proper approach to take in understanding the differences between A influences and B influences as you have said. However among those who seek Truth, objective Truth, I think, eventually come in one way or another to many of the same conclusions about reality and how to ascend beyond imposed limitations.

webglider said:
This is my response to your question:

As I see it, you did take action and then you second guessed yourself. I can perhaps understand your reservations about continuing the website until you have studied more, but not those about giving up on the clothing line. It seems that you are good at this type of work, and why shouldn't this approach be as valid as any other? Someone may be at the right place at the right time and in the right frame of mind for your message to catapault him/her into a shift in consciousness. You have a right to make a living, and in this case you might do some good, and it's hard to see how you could do any harm.

If you can let go of the desire to know the results of your work, you might stop doubting yourself.

As I see it, no matter how good your work is, some people will hate it, some people will love it, and most people won't get it. You do your work for yourself because that is what helps you in your own evolution.
Yes I do second guess my self often. I suppose it wasn't valid for me because aside from the materialistic aspect of it, communications with others and telling them about my own personal work, is difficult. I don't think I speak well and had intended to remain anonymous as being the creator of the project- not wanting to have to confront others about the ideals.

I took a year or so off from "The World" and engaged in self-imposed Isolation to further my studies about Truth. When I came back to the world it wasn't the same, nor were my relations with other people. To be exact the way I communicated with them, it just wasn't the same and I didn't know how to do it anymore. I still haven't gotten a hold on it. And I think due to that problem I avoid continuing this project because I'd rather not make a fool of myself and remain anonymous.

Here's the site:

www.auscastclothing.com

Back
Top Bottom