Re: How do I add an avatar?

smaller than the one I've already uploaded. Heck, I guess you guys are stuck lookin' at my silly mug for an avatar.

I posted this huge long essay okay BUT I can't figure out how to get an Avatar!

:huh: :huh:

Is anyone else in that position, or HAVE you been (past tense) in that position? Anyone who can instruct me as per how to do that, I'd be grateful. Sometimes it's the simplest tasks that elude me.....

The essay I posted will also be on Facebook in a Group that I started, on psychopaths and neuroscience.

Re: I posted this huge long essay okay BUT I can't figure out how to get an Avatar!

SearcherPsychopath said:
:huh: :huh:

Is anyone else in that position, or HAVE you been (past tense) in that position? Anyone who can instruct me as per how to do that, I'd be grateful. Sometimes it's the simplest tasks that elude me.....

The essay I posted will also be on Facebook in a Group that I started, on psychopaths and neuroscience.

Hmm, I'm not sure if you're asking about the technical aspect of getting an avatar or what picture you should choose. But the technical aspect of it is as follows:

At the top of the tool bar, Click on "Profile" to access your profile.
Once you have accessed your profile, look to the left of the screen and in the "Modify Profile" section click on "Forum Profile Information". This will take you to a place where you could upload your avatar.

Also, I just noticed that you haven't posted an intro about yourself. It is customary for all new members to write a small intro about themselves and how they came across this forum, so please do that when you get a chance.

Hope this helps :)

Re: I posted this huge long essay okay BUT I can't figure out how to get an Avatar!

Um, thank you...but I've already tried about 6 times to upload a JPeG file, which simply DISAPPEARS each time I try to save the change. I don't know how to get the picture to upload. I appreciate your answer. So what I cannot grasp is: how do I get it to upload the picture and to KEEP it? (I always seem to have these kinds of troubles, with pictures that is.)

:-[

:(

Could be my computer??? It's -- let's just say -- NOT state-of-the-art. It's, like, about 6 years old! A computer this old is a relic by today's standards...and I have to SHARE it!

But I can upload JPeG files to other sites, like at Facebook....it works there. It works at Messenger and Hotmail. A mystery...

SearcherPsychopath said:
:(

Could be my computer??? It's -- let's just say -- NOT state-of-the-art. It's, like, about 6 years old! A computer this old is a relic by today's standards...and I have to SHARE it!

But I can upload JPeG files to other sites, like at Facebook....it works there. It works at Messenger and Hotmail. A mystery...

Perhaps the picture you're trying to use is too large to be used as an avatar? I'm not sure what the size requirement is supposed to be though. It may also be a connection problem, which might be why they're not uploading properly. Sorry I can't be of more help :(

SearcherPsychopath said:
Um, thank you...but I've already tried about 6 times to upload a JPeG file, which simply DISAPPEARS each time I try to save the change. I don't know how to get the picture to upload. I appreciate your answer. So what I cannot grasp is: how do I get it to upload the picture and to KEEP it? (I always seem to have these kinds of troubles, with pictures that is.)

:-[

Hi!
Welcome to the forum.
I had similar problem myself and realized that my jpeg file was to large to upload. So, you could try uploading something of smaller size.

Deedlet said:
Also, I just noticed that you haven't posted an intro about yourself. It is customary for all new members to write a small intro about themselves and how they came across this forum, so please do that when you get a chance.

Hope this helps :)

Please, post an intro so that we could get to know you.
Thanks.

:shock:

Hello...

I've already tried about 6 times to upload a JPeG file, to make it my Avatar, and the file I select by the Browse button appears by name in the right place, but when I try to take the next step, which can only be to hit the button marked "Change Profile" because it doesn't start uploading and normally wouldn't until I activated it in some way; well, the PICTURE never appears, and the file name simply DISAPPEARS each time I try to save the change.

So, basically: I don't know how to get the picture to upload. Nor, if I should succeed there, how to save it, though this latter I expect is simply a matter of hitting that aforementioned button.

I appreciate your answers. I always seem to have these kinds of troubles at some point, with avatar/pictures that is. But they're usually resolved...thanks...

SearcherPsychopath, how big is the picture you're trying to upload? If its too big it won't accept it. If I recall correctly it should be in the vicinity of a 100 x 100 pixels or thereabouts.

I also think there's moderation with the pictures, so something inappropriate will also not go up.

Back
Top Bottom