Rhansen

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
I have been trying to change my avatar pic for he last few days without any success. Just trying to go back to my 'moped' pic.

Unable to change avatar

Go through the steps to make the changes and then verify with a different browser (start up from scratch).
I have had it happen that I make the change in Safari, yet it doesn't show up. Then I launch Firefox, go to the forum, and behold my avatar is different.

In my case, I suspect either Safari with some caching issue or the following privacy option that one can set in the user profile for the forum:

++++++
<checkbox> Save username and password between visits.
With this enabled, a plain text version of the new post will be included in subscription notification e-mails.
++++++

Unable to change avatar

I had the same thing at the weekend. I thought my avatar was stuck, but actually it had updated on the server. my browser was caching the image, even when I re-booted and re-started from scratch! I only realised it HAD updated, when I went into the office and saw the new pic on the PC there.

There IS a way to force it with firefox - load up a page on the forum which shows your avatar pic, hold down 'shift' whilst clicking the 'refresh' button on the browser - that forces a local cache clear-out. good luck!

and another thing: why is it that suddenly everyone is changing their avatar pic at the same time (including me)!? is it something in the stars?

Unable to change avatar

OK, I'm still not sure what I was doing wrong but my avatar has changed. lol

Unable to change avatar

Rhansen said:
OK, I'm still not sure what I was doing wrong but my avatar has changed. lol
Hi Rhansen,

I just now realized that when you started this thread your avatar that was shown to me was the pic with the moped.

Unable to change avatar

I suspect it was a browser cache issue. All I did was click refresh while on the avatar upload page and there it was. [shrugs]

Unable to change avatar

sleepyvinny said:
why is it that suddenly everyone is changing their avatar pic at the same time (including me)!? is it something in the stars?
Who knows, but soon Mercury will go "direct" again [finally!]. I wanted to change my avatar to a sailing boat (so as to "navigate"), but couldn't find anything decent. Earlier today I had the idea to search for "Noah's Ark" and found my current avatar on flicker. It is a sailing boat too... Well, and it could remind us to build it ;) . Maybe there's something up to that, as Laura also brought the subject here

Cant upload avatar

I was curious why I could do this and had an avatar for a few days and then, with all the computer 'maintenance' issues I can no longer upload an avatar. Just wondered why, and if anyone else was having this problem.

Cant upload avatar

I've had a few problems with uploading them as well. It's kinda hit and miss...

Cant upload avatar

beau said:
I've had a few problems with uploading them as well. It's kinda hit and miss...
:P Mine's miss and miss and miss. Actually it doesn't seem to work at all!

Cant upload avatar

Yep, avatars are down until further notice

Cant upload avatar

and now is down again....? :/

Edit: sorry, it works! :D

Cant upload avatar

Hmmm, i am almost positive that i changed my avatar this morning... I am almost positive that i saw it changed... 8|

Now is still the old one, and i can't upload the new one again. For this i am certain. Wait for further notice?

Back
Top Bottom