Artificial Intelligence News & Discussion

'AI in every aspect of human life? - This is how humanity is going to be destroyed.'

24 Nov, 2023
[...]
Speaking at the plenary session of the Artificial Intelligence Journey 2023 forum, the Russian leader noted that the new technology was increasingly making its way into all sectors of the country’s economy and social sphere.
He said that, in an era of technological revolution, “it is the cultural and spiritual heritage that is the key factor in preserving national identity.” He stressed the importance of using Russian solutions to create “reliable, transparent and safe artificial intelligence systems for humans.”
'There is no such thing.'

Control of AI can be similar to nuclear non-proliferation rules — Putin

24 NOV, 2023

'AI in every aspect of human life? - This is how humanity is going to be destroyed.'
First they kneel en masse on streets - during Covid - for what appeared to be a rehearsal for when their Star-Overlords arrive to take over. They even organized their countries to abolish all law and follow the Lockstep Orders of their Deep State. No problem?!

Then they enthusiastically develop AI, which will bring their own destruction and they even passionately give warnings about it on social media, so their billionaires get more likes?

C's said our computers will overtake us. Maybe then it was supposed to happen before the Invasion? [Getting out the popcorn.]

I fully agree with Douglas Adams, who decided that 49 years on this foolhardy, barbaric planet was more than enough for shocks and giggles. He writes in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
Vogon captain:
- Apathetic bloody planet, I’ve no sympathy at all.

I thought she made a fantastic speech, truly impressive and straight forward !
I thought so too, I wonder where she came from, just recently joined Twitter and other social media platforms and before that she had a few organizations that she founded, it's on her website

Definitely interesting, more people waking up to some of the facts that she shares would be nice.

An omen of things to possibly come from AI? 🤔 The opening seems warning enough…

It is a rather unusual this episode compared to all others X-Files - with the strange twist where Mulder and Scully barely speak to one another (Must been both funny and challenging for them to perform their rolls in this episode) Most communication is done through their facials, sounds and gestures. I guess that this episode wants to say is that when AI and automation controls society, things quickly pile up becoming first "funny", then strange and in the end directly dangerous.

A humoristic slap and reminder along our road to over reliance of mobile phones, apps and the "internet of things".

Green light for killer robots powered by AI:
"And so, the powers that be—in both Silicon Valley and Washington—have made the decision to proceed with the development and utilization of even more advanced versions of artificial intelligence despite warnings from scientists and diplomats that the safety of these programs cannot be assured and that their misuse could have catastrophic consequences."

Full article:

Had a very weird night today, and got woken up at least five times. Got my dream stone under the pillow, haven't been using it for a while. Every time I woke up today's night, I've got a question in my mind. A minute afterward I go back to sleep with a solution: "I should ask AI". One of the questions that I remember was "What about the Palestinian issue?". During the "let's ask AI" part, I also got a conviction that I'd get a biased answer because most of the Big Tech is "inspired" indirectly by Israel via infiltrated three-letter agencies (think In-Q-Tel). When I finally woke up, my interpretation of my night was that this was a message to me that I shouldn't disregard AI, because putting aside that it's a fad, it's the human relation to the technology that is critical here. It's how we cede our knowledge on Wikipedia or Google - our relation with the machine. On some level, society already merged with the machine, no need for a Neuralink. Quite obvious, but somehow I needed to experience via examples, to feel the significance of it.

Had a very weird night today, and got woken up at least five times. Got my dream stone under the pillow, haven't been using it for a while. Every time I woke up today's night, I've got a question in my mind. A minute afterward I go back to sleep with a solution: "I should ask AI". One of the questions that I remember was "What about the Palestinian issue?". During the "let's ask AI" part, I also got a conviction that I'd get a biased answer because most of the Big Tech is "inspired" indirectly by Israel via infiltrated three-letter agencies (think In-Q-Tel). When I finally woke up, my interpretation of my night was that this was a message to me that I shouldn't disregard AI, because putting aside that it's a fad, it's the human relation to the technology that is critical here. It's how we cede our knowledge on Wikipedia or Google - our relation with the machine. On some level, society already merged with the machine, no need for a Neuralink. Quite obvious, but somehow I needed to experience via examples, to feel the significance of it.
Look like it was a bit too much intense :lol: . Your experience is interesting in the way that it seems showing how the crystal can amplified the flow from the subconscious to the conscious.

Look like it was a bit too much intense :lol: . Your experience is interesting in the way that it seems showing how the crystal can amplified the flow from the subconscious to the conscious.
I must say that I wasn't frontloaded before getting sleep with AI news. Quite the contrary, I disregard the current AI trend as marketing hype or Gartner's "peak of inflated expectations", and I don't even follow the latest news about it. I was watching a podcast with Chris Bledsoe, about his orb encounters before sleep, so was kind of expecting aliens, but got AI :nuts: Probably my neglect is a method of coping with some serious unconscious fear about it, and the whole human - machine relation :umm:

Last edited:

i was ignoring it too but lately seeing more projects popping up both open source and those funded by big tech, big pharma etc

it seems that next year's generation of android phones will be able to run inference on LLM/NLP models aka "GPT" AND have dedicated visual processing units(NPUs) maybe they'll try merging both technologies which is a bit scary

EU authorities are eager to regulate it

Last edited:
Last edited:
Cross-posting from The Great Reset thread, where Meta is using AI to further enhance smart eyewear (RayBan glasses):
Added: There are other smart eyeglasses on the market now, using ChatGPT. Neither of these appear to be mixed/augmented reality devices yet, but I’m sure that won’t be far off.

oh boy it's already happening 😶
it can be a kind of augmented reality through voice rather than vision via e.g TTS(text to speech + earphones) which is already being used with LLMs in the open
imagine models trained on behavior science instructed to cheat humans...
mr zucky gone full agent Smith

on another note Elon musk announced he's working on xAI

ChatGPT recently improved when it comes to the translation of subtitles. Now it skips the timings and gives you translation without them. This is good because it can translate faster and the limit for the maximum number of translated lines per request is higher.

In the other news:

The model to be used by the Albanian government will translate into Albanian and provide a detailed overview of what and where changes need to be made to local legislation to align with EU rules. It will also provide an analysis of the impact of all measures and changes, which usually require many experts and a lot of time.

Rama said the move would eliminate “an army of translators and a battalion of lawyers, costing millions of euros” and speed up the process.

He said that on 13 December, at the EU summit in Brussels, he will present the project and a successful test of “the Albanian model of artificial intelligence for the interposition of the legislation totalling 280,000 pages of legal measures of the EU.

Albania will be the first country to deploy the use of AI to assist it with the EU accession process, and if successful, it is set to have a significant impact on the process for other candidate countries.

Back
Top Bottom