Allegiance

Al Today

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Up front, I apologize for the noise but sometimes I am just compelled to unload some thoughts.
This morning, while driving to work, the radio played a couple patriotic songs. They had country flavor/style, but patriotic nevertheless. If I never would have pondered ponerization, I would’ve clapped my hands, stomped my feet, sang along, and have tears well up in my eyes!!! Kinda wants to make ya get a gun and help spread democracy.!.!.! Sheesh…

The word allegiance then popped into my thoughts. I thought, hell ya, I am allegiant to the human race. There ain’t a politician out there on this BBM that would truly stand up for this cause of humanity. So I guess I am out here without so-called patriotism, no allegiance... Nothing… Empty… Stuck here, within this, surrounded by, what I call krap.

In thinking of a bigger picture, there may very well be an human experiential cycle. In parallel, I try to conceptualize exactly what IS the nature of that food that those STS dudes feed on? Expanding my senses to I guess attempt to equate the human experiential cycle with some energy field envelope of what I dunno, that is compared like this incomprehensive food energy thing. This human experiential cycle energy envelope maybe surrounds this world, perhaps affecting the well being of (for lack of knowledge), let’s call mother earth.

I used to joke about this BBM being a living being and we humans are like a bug. A virus perhaps, infecting the well being of this BBM. I used to joke, that every now and then, mother earth has the bugs purged and starts afresh.

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

I like the idea about having an allegiance to something. I think I will pick Nature for my allegiance. Perhaps that will turn me STO... given enough time....

Ruth said:
I like the idea about having an allegiance to something. I think I will pick Nature for my allegiance. Perhaps that will turn me STO... given enough time....

I don't think anything can "turn you" to STO. You'd have to do the turning cuz remember what G said, "Consciousness cannot evolve unconsciously". But personally I hate the idea of allegiance/loyalty. The way I understand those concepts, it's as STS as it gets. It does not consider the rule of 3 - there is good, there is evil, and there is the specific situation that determines which is which. Instead of being loyal or pledging allegiance, an alternative is to just do what is in you to do. If you seek to find truth and give it to those who ask, you don't need to be "loyal" to anything - you'll just serve truth and those who seek it because it's in you to do that, not because of any promised allegiances or "alliances" etc. You'll just naturally "ally" with those on the same path by who you are and what you do.

But don't forget, "nature" is a double-edged sword! STS is part of nature too.

SAO said:
... allegiance/loyalty ... it's as STS as it gets. ...

Excellect point. :) You're right about you do what you do. Being raised STS makes it hard to keep in mind this work in progress. I mean, consiously "seeing" yourself in the mirror as an objective observer.. Being able to do this seven days a week, twenty four hours a day, is perhaps next to impossible. To me anyway. :/ I imagine that over "time", given enough "time", objectivity can become ingrained within conciousness to a point of becoming something akin to an instinctive reflex. But man, that's tough... I gotta go have a smoke and lubricate some brain cells.
:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

I have to agree with SAO's comments, especially that nothing can turn you STO, only you can do that. I'm not trying to press anyone's buttons here, but I do think that sometiems there are those on the forum who getsstuck on the idea of having to become, or sometimes force themsleves to be STO. If anyone did or does turn STO in this 3-D limited reality, I would tend to think such athing woul occur naturally, without forcing the issue, like the C's say, "Do what comes naturally".

I agree on SAO's take on allegances as well, for me I think I'm trying to becoming a more indiferent to other people's sacred cows and attitudes, and allegiances of beliefs, and not letting what "happens", through others affect me as much as it has done in the past. For this I think I can thank Gurdjieff's writings about his father and his indifferent attitude towards others, even when they try to fleece him or use him to get more than they should. I would say the same about allegiances, that if your aligning with something, it's most likely just because your reacting to something "happening" externally, or reacting to what soemone else wants, or expects you to do (or not to do).

I don't neccesarily have any allegiances, but I would instead say I respect nature, creation, free will, and the value of human life (which includes all of us, even sadly the psychopaths amongs us, as they are here to teach us just as the more STO inclined are).

What Al today said about the earth being a living being, just reminded me of how Gurdjieff expains the live's of everything from cells and bacteria up to whole galaxies of stars. We are like the cells of the earth, transducing energy units which both feed and feed from the earth (tho lately I don't think this feeding has been very balanced). So a lifetime for us, may not even be enough "time" for one breath of the earth in it's lifetime, much as the smallest of cells in our own bodies can live and die in the space between a breath, so do we in between the breaths of the earth.

Also what Al has said about us being periodically purged form the BBM, has it's parallels on a human level. Do we not deluge our skin most days with water from showers or baths, or use some hard bristling spnges to rid ourselves of a build up of unwanted dirt, microbes, and the like. So we are only repeating a process on a smaller scale, that the earth does on a more cosmic scale and at much greater intervals of time than we do, with deluges of water and hard abbrasive materials like comets which graze the surface and ultimatley get rid of those harder to move stains on her surface (or underneath in secret bases lol).

Thanks for the post Al, you reminded me that everything is more connected than we first imagine and see.

SAO said:
But personally I hate the idea of allegiance/loyalty. The way I understand those concepts, it's as STS as it gets.
Really, how so? Much would depend what one had allegiance or loyalty to, surely?
Personally, I would consider hierachy and manipulation to be top of my 'what constitutes STS' list. Also, if your allegience was to STO, then one must also consider that the O in STO stands for "others" and yes.... they are STS too!

SAO said:
It does not consider the rule of 3 - there is good, there is evil, and there is the specific situation that determines which is which.
It is not the concept (of allegience, or loyalty) which does the 'considering' it is the person who uses them.

By the way, my comment about turning STO 'given enough time' was meant tongue in cheek and not expected to be taken seriously, although it might end up working (for me) one never knows... :)

Ruth said:
Really, how so? Much would depend what one had allegiance or loyalty to, surely?
Personally, I would consider hierachy and manipulation to be top of my 'what constitutes STS' list. Also, if your allegience was to STO, then one must also consider that the O in STO stands for "others" and yes.... they are STS too!

It appears that SAO was referring to blind or patriotic allegiance - to a lie, to sum it up.

ruth said:
By the way, my comment about turning STO 'given enough time' was meant tongue in cheek and not expected to be taken seriously, although it might end up working (for me) one never knows... :)

It is wise to put a ;) or a :D or some such thing after a comment you make that is tongue in cheek, this being a written medium. After all, 'it won't end up working for you' - there is no unconscious transformation, no mechanical transformation, except that following entropy and the default STS setting. So, although I realize this latest comment of yours is also tongue in cheek, in the interest of external consideration, a ;) is the least one can do - a :) comes close, but.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom