Alexander Scriabin

Azur said:
I think I see.

Are there any kind of harmonic "points' that have been mapped as being "better" received, or maybe known to have a statistically significant response by listeners?

Have you come across mention of constructs (in your studies) that seem to please (and, of course eschewed as being "stock") in compositions?

What I'm wondering about here, is whether most people are predisposed to "like" certain sequences, involving (or not) certain harmonics?

If they do, have you come across this in your formal studies or otherwise?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers.
That's a very good question. Have you heard of Alan Watt? He apparently used to be into the music biz and has said stuff like that and I've been meaning to do some searching on his research about that. I'm absolutely certain their are "sacred" frequencies and/or harmonies. I wish I could direct you to something specific, but I have actually not come into contact with anything that would rank up as "esoteric" or anything. Being a musician and composer, I am acutely interested in such phenomena. I would suspect that people such as Pythagoras new of such formulae. If I get whim of anything, I'll post it on this forum. You do likewise!!

That is part of what draws me to Scriabin: he seems to have intuitively discovered harmonies, melodies, and rhythms which affect me at a very deep level. If you noticed in the Horowitz Vers la flamme video, he is really into it. He is swaying around and physically involved. That is the ONLY piece I have every seen him do that with. Any other composer he plays like a stone statue. I've video taped myself playing and the same thing happens to me, completely unwittingly! Other performers play most things with physical animation, but not Horowitz or myself--only Scriabin (unwittingly, and this is probably the same with other people to). To be continued...

Back
Top Bottom