advice needed - gallbladder stones with reflux

Hi all, I've started a thread to ask you for help, advice, any solution.
I'm asking for my friend who has a problem with the combination of gallbladder stones and reflux.

Here's a message written by her:

I have gallbladder stones and doctors told me to proceed with gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy). The problem is that I've also suffered from reflux (GERD) for the last 5 years (my esophageal sphincter doesn't work properly) and apparently, because of that, there is higher risk that I'll have bile reflux after the surgery. Till now, I've had one biliary colic attack (2 months ago), the pain was unbearable and I had nausea. However, I've been on the low-fat diet since then and I haven't t had any other attack, although a few times I've suffered from the pain on the right under the ribs, but it was not that painful and lasted only few minutes. I've read a lot of groups/forums and unfortunately it seems that a lot of people suffer from long-term side effects after gallbladder removal, such as constant diarrheas, bile reflux or bile duct stones. As I'm only 28 years old, I do not see cholecystectomy as the best solution right now, I'd prefer to fight to keep my gallbladder. However, I have numerous small stones and the doctors told me that the surgery is the only option. Do you know if there is anything I could do to keep my gallbladder, or its removal is unavoidable? In Poland doctors have no idea how to cure bile reflux, cholestyramine is not available in pharmacies and usually patients are left with no medicine that could help them, so the risk of having it is not really a solution for me.

Do you guys have any idea what to do in this situation? Is there any way to remove the stones without removing the whole gallbladder?
Thank you!

You might want to try Hulda Clark's liver-gallstone flush. I did many of them a few years ago, totally safe if you follow the instructions carefully. I would wake at 2 am choking on bile reflux. Not fun.

In my case, it's genetic. My sister had the same issues, but ended up having emergency surgery because of a blockage. Once the gallbladder is removed, it doesn't really take care of the problem, just makes it impossible to digest any fat. Genetically I can handle very little saturated fat. I've added grass fed liver into my diet as the best source of choline, which seems to be linked to gallstone formation as well. I no longer need to do the flushes, do occasional coffee enemas but even with those I don't pass anymore stones.

Hopefully this information may be helpful Elisasheva.

Bicarbonate soda with half a squeezed lemon (at least 1 hour before meals or 2 hours post meal), celery juice, raw pineapple, taurine, olive oil. Is your blood type A+?

This is what I used for my husband and he has avoided surgery and recovered.
page1image392
Ingredients
Liver and Gallbladder Cleanse
  • Epsom salts (Magnesium Sulfate): 4 tablespoons. (You can usually buy this at your local pharmacy).
  • Olive oil: 1/2 cup or 125 mL. (Light olive oil is easier to get down).
  • Fresh pink grapefruit: 1 large or 2 small, enough to squeeze 1/2 cup (125 mL) juice.
    o 7-8 fresh lemons/limes: squeezed into 1/2 cup juice.
  • 1 liter jar with lid
    Instructions
    Choose a day like Friday or Saturday for the cleanse, since you will be able to rest the next day. Take no medicines, vitamins, or pills that you can do without; they could prevent success of the cleanse. Eat a no-fat breakfast and lunch. This allows the bile to build up and develop pressure in the liver.
    Mix Epsom salts and water, marking the bottles with a black marker to know how much to drink each time.
    2:00 PM. Do not eat or drink after 2 o’clock. If you break this rule, you could feel quite illlater. Get your Epsom salts ready. Mix 4 tablespoons in 3 cups (750 mL) water and pour this into a container or jar. This makes four servings, 3/4 cup (185 mL) each. Set the jar in the refrigerator to get cold (this is for convenience and taste only).
    6:00 PM. Drink one serving (3/4 cup) of the Epsom salts and water drink. If you did not prepare this ahead of time, mix 1 tablespoon in 3/4 cup water now. You may add 1/8 teaspoon vitamin C powder or 1/4 fresh lemon squeezed to improve the taste. You may also drink a few mouthfuls of water afterwards or rinse your mouth.
    8:00 PM. Repeat by drinking another 3/4 cup (185 mL) of Epsom salts and water drink. Get you bedtime chores done. The timing is critical for success.
    9:45 PM. Pour 1/2 cup (measured) olive oil into the pint jar. Squeeze the citrus fruit (fresh grapefruit, lime, or lemon) by hand into the measuring cup. Remove pulp with fork. You
should have at least 1/2 cup. Add this to the olive oil. Close the jar tightly with the lid and shake hard until watery. Do not drink it yet!
Now visit the bathroom one or more time, even if it makes you late for your ten o’clock drink. Don’t be more than 15 minutes late. You will get fewer stones.
10:00 PM. Drink the potion you have mixed. Take it all to your bedside if you want, but drink it standing up. Get it down within 5 minutes.
Lie down immediately. You might fail to get stones out if you don’t. The sooner you lie down, the more stones you will get out. Be ready for bed ahead of time. Don’t clean upthe kitchen. As soon as the drink is down, walk to your bed and lie down on your right side with your knees pulled up close to your chest. Try to think about what is happening in the liver. Try to keep perfectly still for at least 20 minutes. You may feel a train of the stones traveling along the bile ducts like marbles. There is no pain bcasue the bile duct valves are open (thank you Epsom salts!). Go to sleep, you may fail to get stones out if youdon’t. Try to sleep in this position.
Next morning. Upon awakening (6:00 AM) take your third dose of Epsom salts and water drink. If you have indigestion or nausea, wait until it is gone before drinking the Epsomsalts. You may go back to bed. Don’t drink this potion before 6:00 AM.
8:00 AM (2 hours later). Take your fourth (and last) does of the Epsom salts and water. You may go back to bed again.
After 2 more hours, you may eat. Start with fruit juice (see note below). Half an hour later eat fruit (see note below). One hour later you may eat regular food, but keep it light.
By dinner you should feel recovered.
*NOTE- Fresh apple juice is the best juice to break the fast. At 10:00 AM, make fresh apple juice using 5-6 large apples in a juicer and drink it. The apple juice helps dissolve gallstones and is a nice transition for the liver from the detox back to normal eating. After 30 minutes, prepare a chopped apple salad or a plain apple smoothie using 3-4 apples (with the skin is ok). If feeling unwell, stay with apples and apple juice for the entire day. Only transition to light foods, salads, and regular eating when you are feeling good again.

Hi all, I've started a thread to ask you for help, advice, any solution.
I'm asking for my friend who has a problem with the combination of gallbladder stones and reflux.

Here's a message written by her:

I have gallbladder stones and doctors told me to proceed with gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy). The problem is that I've also suffered from reflux (GERD) for the last 5 years (my esophageal sphincter doesn't work properly) and apparently, because of that, there is higher risk that I'll have bile reflux after the surgery. Till now, I've had one biliary colic attack (2 months ago), the pain was unbearable and I had nausea. However, I've been on the low-fat diet since then and I haven't t had any other attack, although a few times I've suffered from the pain on the right under the ribs, but it was not that painful and lasted only few minutes. I've read a lot of groups/forums and unfortunately it seems that a lot of people suffer from long-term side effects after gallbladder removal, such as constant diarrheas, bile reflux or bile duct stones. As I'm only 28 years old, I do not see cholecystectomy as the best solution right now, I'd prefer to fight to keep my gallbladder. However, I have numerous small stones and the doctors told me that the surgery is the only option. Do you know if there is anything I could do to keep my gallbladder, or its removal is unavoidable? In Poland doctors have no idea how to cure bile reflux, cholestyramine is not available in pharmacies and usually patients are left with no medicine that could help them, so the risk of having it is not really a solution for me.

Do you guys have any idea what to do in this situation? Is there any way to remove the stones without removing the whole gallbladder?
Thank you!
I would look into the possibility of using TUDCA.

I would also look into TUDCA.
UDCA is more hydrophilic and less toxic than CDCA, and is currently employed for oral litholysis of small cholesterol gallstones in patients with a functioning gallbladder (Figure (Figure3).3). This bile acid, in a dose of 10-14 mg/kg per day, increases its proportion in the bile acid pool (it originally accounts for less than 8%-10% of the biliary bile acid pool in healthy subjects), inducing a decreased hepatic secretion of biliary cholesterol and the formation of unsaturated gallbladder bile (cholesterol saturation index of less than 1)[75-77], the key factor which promotes the dissolution of cholesterol crystals and gallstones.
The complete disappearance of stones with a diameter of less than 5 mm has been described after 6 mo of UDCA administration in about 90% of cases[103]. The chance of dissolution is significantly lower (less than 40%-50% after 1 year of the treatment) in patients with larger or multiple stones[49,104].
TUDCA can be bought in Poland. I have tested this one and it is of a good quality:

Thank you all so much! My friend is browsing through all your suggestions.
Unfortunately all recipes that contain citrus (lemons, grapefruits etc) are out of question because of her reflux.
She said the best options are chinese traditional medicine and TUDCA. She will try and we will find out.

Bicarbonate soda with half a squeezed lemon (at least 1 hour before meals or 2 hours post meal), celery juice, raw pineapple, taurine, olive oil. Is your blood type A+?
yes, its A+, how did you know?

Thank you! ❤️

Thank you all so much! My friend is browsing through all your suggestions.
Unfortunately all recipes that contain citrus (lemons, grapefruits etc) are out of question because of her reflux.
She said the best options are chinese traditional medicine and TUDCA. She will try and we will find out.

yes, its A+, how did you know?

Thank you! ❤️
It is from, I don't know what exactly to call him, sort of a naturopath, from my country, I made a post about it on the forum. He advocates eating according to your blood type and says A+ people have a problem with gall and gallstones. This is his advice I listed. I think bicarbonate soda will help her reflux, she can probably do it without the lemon.

Back
Top Bottom