Accessing file photos/pictures

bedower

Jedi Master
Hi Guys,

In this thread here , post #186, Black Swan's photos/pictures show up as a red cross in a small box. When I right-click the cross and click 'Show picture', I just get a return of the red cross in the small box; in other words, I can't access the picture. This has happened before with some of these boxes.

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong, or not doing right, that I can't access these pictures?

Thanks. :)

bedower said:
Hi Guys,

In this thread here , post #186, Black Swan's photos/pictures show up as a red cross in a small box. When I right-click the cross and click 'Show picture', I just get a return of the red cross in the small box; in other words, I can't access the picture. This has happened before with some of these boxes.

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong, or not doing right, that I can't access these pictures?

Thanks. :)

You are not doing something wrong or not doing right.

Sometimes this kind of thing happens.

May i say that i had the same problem few minutes ago and after checking the post a second time, everything was fine.

Another mystery of the computer's world. :huh:

If you still do not see them, here's the links:

_http://www.earthfiles.com/Images/news/U/UKSwineFlu061709Virus.jpg

_http://www.earthfiles.com/Images/news/U/UKSwineFluDiagram061709.jpg

Hi Namaste,

Thanks for your reply. I'll probably just go into the earthfiles site, which I came across a few days ago before I saw Black Swan's link. It seems quite interesting.

:)

Here's something from M*cros*ft Help that gives possible explanations for this problem, posted for information purposes only:

Graphics.

I see a red X or blank image on my Web page where the graphic should be.

 If you move or copy your Web page without moving the supporting files, or if you rename your graphics, any link to supporting files – such as bullets, background textures, and graphics – may be broken. To automatically update links when you save your Web page in Microsoft Word, on the Tools menu click Options, and then click the General tab. Click Web Options and then click the Files tab. Under File Names and Locations, select the Update links on save box.

 Check your browser settings, or consider testing in a different browser. Custom options can be set in browsers, such as the default text and background colours and whether or not graphics are displayed.

 If you link a graphic to a Web page, and the graphic format isn’t supported by your browser, your graphics won’t be visible. Make sure that the linked picture is in a graphic format that is compatible with your browser. The .jpg and .gif graphic formats are compatible with most browsers.

Not moving the supporting files as well seems to be why I had problems trying to post images by just using the 'Insert Image' icon. I had to make a file first (using the 'Resize Images Online' site) and then post it as an attachment.

It's strange that my browser doesn't support the 'Insert image' graphic format, but it has happened before, and not only on this forum site. Annoyingly, the image does display if I send it to My Pictures gallery, which means switching backwards and forwards.

Glad that's all sorted!

:cool2:

Back
Top Bottom