A Weird Moon on April 10, 2024

SummerLite

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
The other night I went to close the curtains and glanced outside and saw the moon, but I wasn't exactly sure it was the moon because it looked strange. First of all it was huge like a full moon you see sometimes when it first rises. The sphere was clearly visible, brighter then a usual moon when its in a crescent phase. The oddest thing was a sliver of bright white light going down the right side of the sphere and at the bottom where small bursts of light coming out occasionaly. The sliver wasn't uniform but kind of bumpy. As I watched , it seemed to move a bit faster than a natural moon as it descended behind the mountain out of sight.

The following day I was anxious to see if anyone else had seen this and posted the details on a website where people in my area share information about various things. I've gotten 19 responses so far but no one that saw it. Some probably think I'm crazy or on drugs :lol:. One person told me of a few weird things she's seen in this valley and attributed it to being in the 4 Corners area.

In one of my responses about unusual things happening in this area, I posted the link for Missing 411 about the hikers who disappeared in this area a few years ago. Another thing that may tie in with the weird moon is we've had military craft flying into our small airport in the last 6 months which is totally new. Lately I've heard them flying over my house and others have mentioned it in the responses I've received. I wonder if this moon may have been a test of their illusion making, holographic, Blue Beam tech. Also, maybe it could be a 4D bleed through.

Last night I looked at the moon at the same time from the same window. It was perfectly normal. The sphere was much smaller and darker as is usual and the crescent was on the lower side of the moon. Here is a picture someone took of it on 4/10 and posted in the chat. A major difference I explained to him is the light I saw was on the right side of the moon and none on the bottom. It wasn't nicely shaped as a crescent at all. I think I'll be watching the night sky more often now. As the C's have said, "watch the air, land and water"! Anyone else seeing weird stuff?

1712961717839.png

If I understand well your observation, I would say you have very good eyes!
First, the illumination of the whole moon is due to the earth. At the new moon, the earth is "full", which means that that's the maximum of light receives from the earth. When the moon is very young (the crescent is very thin), you could see the details of the surface ("mountains", valleys, etc.) on the part that's illuminated by the sun, especially when the south pole of the moon is illuminated. In addition to that these details, when the moon is very low on the horizon, are affected by the earth's atmosphere. You should be able to see similar "shimmering" on stars that are that low on that day. These are a few possibilities that come to mind.

Here is a photo I took of the moon but close to the full moon with a pocket camera. You can see that the upper right part of the moon is not smooth, it has lots of craters. One can imagine how a low-angled lighting from the sun would exacerbate the contrasts and show more forms.
1712966694893.png

Last edited:
I noticed this new moon on the 10th or 11th too, I found it rather beautiful to watch but not THAT unusual. Yes, the whole moon disk was visible but only the bottom lining was bright, and it formed a nice pair with Jupiter on a dark and clear sky. Cherry on the top, I was one of the lucky persons who saw that bright green meteorite fall over the Belgian sky. I'd never seen one in my entire life. It was definitely an evening to watch the skies, although I noticed both the moon and the meteorite accidentally, while driving back home. I wonder what else I missed now.

Back
Top Bottom