A shocking evening

I tried looking through the local paper to see if there was any news related to it. No luck. Hopefully, the lack of write up means the outcome was good. I don't think his injuries were that grave. He'd hurt his leg, most likely broken. My friend said he thought he saw about a half-dollar sized gash on the kid's head before I had him lie down on the sidewalk.

I'm a nurse (psychiatric, not trauma) but I did note that he remained alert (could have been shock though) and relatively lucid although he did have trouble remembering his address. And head wounds tend to bleed a lot due to the vasculature of the scalp. It seemed like his injuries weren't fatal but there is always the possibility of internal and intercranial bleeding, the effects of which can be delayed. Hopefully, the squad did their duty and the ER workers were on their toes.

All Officers and Ambulance persons are required to file a report, which later becomes a "Legal Document"- which cannot be changed, once filed.

Looking in the paper, for example, to see the reports of the evening and seeing nothing there being equivalent to death and disaster --- everything must be ok is fantastic!

If i were a Doctor in psych or physical, i would call the station; give the relevant info as to the date and time, just to see if the people in front of you that hit the kid, are being arraigned on negligent murder charges, or rather to see - If the child was released from the hospital.

I wouldnt look in a paper if was a Dr. or a Nurse.
sorry.

Steven James said:
sorry.

Information on patients in a hospital is confidential and not given out to anyone who calls. I couldn't say about whether the police would give out info though.

Steven James said:
sorry.

Steven, it seems as though you're trying to put down chachachick for not doing what you think should be done, with faulty information too. Why do this to her? It seems particularly cruel given what she's just been through.

i cant help but asking if the driver ever fessed up (original person at the wheel when the child was hit ).............why they changed the evidence by switching places ....and assuming he knowingly lied to investigating police to his responsibility to the situation ......also it is a crime to alter a crime scene till it can be determine the if the evidence requires charges be brought to those involved of the situation....... also some of the comment's of "oh well" by some leaves me a little puzzelled ......please i understand the confusion when tramatic events occur such as this terrible tragedy but the investigating issue was clouded by the silence, 1. what were these individuals hiding that he would manipulate the evidence, 2. it is assumed that child is guilty but had the driver been drinking was there a warrant for felons activity and why did the other person in the car cooperate in the disguise of whom was responsible .......this not an attack on any body but some questions that arise that my not be answerable ............and if there are lessons here that they have possibly been altered...it was though very tragic accident was it an opportunity for growth that was not taken by free will? for all concerned ...........?

M.A.O. said:
... this not an attack on any body but some questions that arise that my not be answerable ............and if there are lessons here that they have possibly been altered...it was though very tragic accident was it an opportunity for growth that was not taken by free will? for all concerned ...........?

Sometimes the Star Trek prime directive of non-interference applies well in real world earthly situations. Chachachick seems to have good observational skills even in stressful situations (not surprising given what she does for a living) so I think she was well qualified to decide how involved to get.

[quote author=Steven James]
sorry.[/quote]

Even before reading chachachick's response, I was thinking I can't even get medical information for my wife (who thus has to pick a day to rush home in time to call). Even if possible, using the police to get around privacy barriers doesn't seem like a great career move for medical professionals.

MAO, I don't think it is so sinister that they switched places.

Being that this is a litigious country, even if the child was at fault for running in between a truck and a car and getting hit, some unscrupulous lawyer can try to sue the driver for some crazy reason. It may have been that the male has ownership of things that may be under jeopardy of a lawsuit.

Hi chachachick,
IMHO you did right at the right moment. The way you describe the kid running at you is truly heartcutting, but IMHO he was lucky to find you. Apparently he is OK, and I wish he will feel OK soon and you too.

Chachachick: I have had a few times when events conspired to take things further from my control than I would ever have wished, much like your story here. In my view, no one has much business trying to 2nd-guess your choices, since you were the one on the ground, and you obviously were trying as best as you could to do the right thing, and by your own description were consciously aware of more than just what would serve your own needs. We will never know the reasons for the drivers' behavior, and there are too many possible variations to make a judgment after the fact. When things have unfolded like this situation in the past for me- quickly, unexpectedly and involving trauma, I have come to trust that there is a part of me that will do what is best in that situation from a perspective that is inexplicable to my reasoning after the fact. Hearing you describe your experience, I found myself feeling that you also dealt with this situation in exactly that way. You do the best you can. I am not trying to assume that I know anything special, just offering support for what in my humble opinion were choices well made. I, too hope the lad survived without too much trouble.

I have to say that I could not have said it better than thevenusian's post above!

I am wishing and praying for a speedy recovery for the boy, (and also for chachachick to recover from the shocking evening!)

thevenusian said:
... no one has much business trying to 2nd-guess your choices, since you were the one on the ground, ...there are too many possible variations to make a judgment after the fact...

M.A.O. said:
i cant help but asking if the driver ever fessed up (original person at the wheel when the child was hit ).............why they changed the evidence by switching places ....and assuming he knowingly lied to investigating police to his responsibility to the situation ......also it is a crime to alter a crime scene till it can be determine the if the evidence requires charges be brought to those involved of the situation....... also some of the comment's of "oh well" by some leaves me a little puzzelled ......please i understand the confusion when tramatic events occur such as this terrible tragedy but the investigating issue was clouded by the silence, 1. what were these individuals hiding that he would manipulate the evidence, 2. it is assumed that child is guilty but had the driver been drinking was there a warrant for felons activity and why did the other person in the car cooperate in the disguise of whom was responsible .......this not an attack on any body but some questions that arise that my not be answerable ............and if there are lessons here that they have possibly been altered...it was though very tragic accident was it an opportunity for growth that was not taken by free will? for all concerned ...........?

Mao, you've got a lot of assumptions going on here: mainly that this accident is a 'crime scene', and that something nefarious was afoot. How can the child be 'guilty' of anything? Why jump to the notion that drink could be involved, when the account given by chachachick states he darted into traffic?

Do you watch a lot of CSI or something? :P

I think chachachick did the best she could at the time, and nitpicking the event to death is counterproductive, fwiw.

chachachick said:
On the way back to my friends house we were on the street advancing through green light when a kid darted out into traffic behind a truck and into the path of the car in front of me. I saw the car hit the kid who immediately got up and half ran/hopped onto the sidewalk. As I was pulling over to help the kid ran up to my car screaming "help me, help me!" I've never seen anyone in such a frantic and terrified state. My friend called 911 and I got out just as I heard the couple who hit him offer to take him home. I just shouted at them, "No! He's going to the hospital!" I could tell that the boy's leg was hurt and it wasn't until I had him lie down on the sidewalk that I could see that the hoodie he was wearing over his head was starting to pool with blood. The couple who hit him chastised him a couple of times for running out into traffic and the boy was apologizing and saying that his head hurt and asking if he was going to die. It was hearbreaking and I held his hand and tried to reassure him that he would be okay and that it wasn't his fault. I got him to give me some demographic information as I was scared he would lose consciousness and nobody would know who he was or who his people were. I was trying not to panic so the kid would stay as calm as possible but I felt on the edge of losing it myself. It was a shock to say the least. The police and ambulance arrived in a few minutes and got the story and took the kid to the hospital.

It does seem that the driver was not at fault, that traffic was moving and the kid just darted into the middle of it. If the car in front had not hit the kid, then the car chachachick was in may have hit him. It sounds pretty awful for everyone.

As someone said earlier, the driver may have been pretty shaken up by the experience, and not wanted to get behind the wheel at that time.

It also doesn't seem as if the police asked who was driving, or if they did, I don't see it in the above account.

The fact that they stopped and offered to take the kid home shows that they are taking responsibility for the accident. They don't seem negligent at all.

I think the importance of this thread is as a reminder of how important it is to stay awake while engaged in activities that have become mechanical. There is always the possibility of those awful moments when the world turns upside down due to a combination of factors.

But if the car in front would have suddenly stopped, would chachachick's car have hit it? If the kid had avoided being hit by that car, perhaps the car in the next lane, (if there was one), would have hit him. Maybe it would have been worse.

It's all speculation of course, but as I said, it's important to stay awake.

It does seem that no one is at faul

First let me say that no i don't watch t.v. much, let alone csi................second i want thank chachachich for sharing his experience ...............third i worked in as first responder for 23 years so this became a common occurrence about my interest in the details ...people would at times mask the truth IE: lie......i have witnessed the situation many times my self ..in the Field, on the job.........i have interest for the why they switched postions and lied and obscured the truth ....was his speed excessive ( which is a common )...but the bottom line was the driver was deceptive and why didn't he take responsibility....details that would come to mind about what happen and why were always a concern with mitigation to the patient care was always the first priority to get immediate care asap ............then and only then there was always an investigating team from police trying to put the pieces together to establish the facts ..to establish a clear picture who was at fault .......this was protocol ............i also be leave that given the circumstances of the tragic situation .........that the witness's perhaps made the best possible decision at the time ............i remember reading this quote from the session and it be repeated a couple other times about direction, and though i would share it as it makes a lot of sense ......................Sessions........941016:Q:(L) Are there any exercises we can use to help our bodies transform into fourth density? A: Not necessary. It is the soul that matters. Q: (L) Does this mean that if we focus on soul development, that our bodies will automatically be transformed for us? A: No It is a natural process. No perpetration is needed. Q:(L) So , if you are meant to transform, you will if are not you won't? A: Yes. Q: (L) does this mean that my body reacts to certain foods that i should stop eating them? Is my body trying to tell me something? A: up to you. nothing neededs to "tell" u anthing. Q:(L) Can you clarify that? A:Why are you searching for guidance where it is not needed? Q:(L) In other words if we just do each day what naturally comes to us as best choice in each moment, we are on the right track.? A:Precisely

Back
Top Bottom