a bit of "the work" in mystery science theater 3000!

JonnyRadar

The Living Force
for those of you who aren't familiar with mystery science theater 3000, it's a show that ran on various channels up until 1999 and gathered quite a "cult following". Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Science_Theater_3000

I was watching the episode "diabolik" (season 10, i think) recently and there's a bit in there that reflects the work! tom servo walks onto the screen followed by another tom servo, a copy of himself:
servo: no you're not my new best friend, stop pestering me, SCRAM!
(other servo scrams)

mike: wow, so tom, what're you gonna do with all the spare you's you've collected over the years?

servo: well, i just did a head count and boy, i've made quite a few of me! 517 at the last count...

crow: wow, yea that's FAR too much you, you should be limited to one... or less...

servo: exactly, so, i'm just gonna enact the self-destruct mechanism i planted in all the me's, haha! here goes! (presses button on remote)
*boom* *BOOM* *BOOOM* (explosions go off all over the room, then servo himself explodes)

mike: ah! uh... servo?

crow: he done blow'd hisself up! well, more earth for us, i guess...
(another servo walks back onto screen)

servo: wha? oh, there's my remote! ha! figures... one of those dumb me's got ahold of it and started playing ME!

mike: well, um... are you sure you're... you?

servo: of course i am! you could tell right away if i wasn't... well, i'd better clear out the rest of the me's before i go! (presses button on remote and blows himself up)

mike: um... servo?
(another servo walks back onto screen)

servo: hey mike, have you seen my remote detonating device?
(mike throws up his hands in frustration)
any other fans or non-fans of MST3K who've seen bits like this and would like to share?

(also, not sure if this post should be here or in "the work" - mods, move it at your discretion...)

Back
Top Bottom