9,000-Year-Old Dental Drill Is Found

By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - Proving prehistoric man's ingenuity and ability to withstand and inflict excruciating pain, researchers have found that dental drilling dates back 9,000 years.

Primitive dentists drilled nearly perfect holes into live but undoubtedly unhappy patients between 5500 B.C. and 7000 B.C., an article in Thursday's journal Nature reports. Researchers carbon-dated at least nine skulls with 11 drill holes found in a Pakistan graveyard.

That means dentistry is at least 4,000 years older than first thought

Funny that they assume that no anaesthesia was used. Obviously, there wouldn't be so many teeth drilled if the people of that society knew it was going to be painful. The fact that it was so common suggests that anaesthesia was used. In short, another bit of evidence that ancient man was not so primitive.

Yep, Walter Cruttenden talks about similiar discovers in his book Lost Star of Myth and Time. The whole linear time concept is bunk when we find all this ancient technology.

Isn't that a trip, we don't know where we came from, we don't know where we're going, we don't know what time it is, but every moment that passes takes us farther away from the foundation of our conscious minds, and the only stopping/starting point in our evolution we have the ability to perceive.
Maybe if more of todays primates would have come out albino, we wouldn't be looking at such a scary approach to our next head on collision.

That 9000 yr old dental tool reminded me that the books I ordered should have been here already. One is named "Where there is no Dentist"
http://www.fromthewilderness.com/store/PackageDeals.shtml

It's good to be reminded that we don't need any of the material possessions that most of us don't think we could survive without.

The irony of an internet user interested in survivalism is killing me.

*runsoft to play Xbox with anne*

Back
Top Bottom