Sungazing

These were very valuable insights indeed as they prompted my thinking in totally diferent direction :

Laura said:
Deckard said:
you will probably remeber that ther is mention of 3D worlds with STO beings. What do they feed on?!
Based on the dated archaeological findings, they were probably hunter-gatherers. They ate meat. Also, since 0 is the oldest blood type, and type 0 requires a lot of high-grade protein, that figures.
When I mentioned other STO 3D worlds I was refering to 3D STO worlds in some paralel universes as this is how I understood CS's . I never even for a moment considered possibility that our ancestors i.e. homo gatherer could have lived in such a world.
Now this idea was quite shocking at first as I always had notion of these cultures as being very primitive and basic. This view quite changed after reading TSHOTW and the part about Stone Culture. Never in my wildest dreams I would connect these two cultures and all of the sudden everything is making so much sense. Also I remebered the concept in which every hunt was preceeded by the ritual in which the shaman would sort of ask for the permission from the animal collective soul pool to have certain animals in orther provide existance for his people.
This way animals would die voluntarily - sort of speaking, i.e out of the free will and they would be celebrated. There was mutual respect between the man and animal and everything was deeply interwoven in perfect balance. man would kill only as much as it would be required for his bare sustenance.
I have read about this somwhere, of that I am sure but now I cant remeber the source.
In any case this makes alot of sense and clears the controversy that the whole idea of killing in STO world presented in my mind.

Laura said:
Deckard said:
Just out of couriosity - how are you expecting to pass 3rd grade? By doing nothing to enhance yourself, just sitting there, quoting CS and being cynical about everything around you?
You pass 3rd grade by learning the lessons of 3rd grade. You are not expected to know the lessons of 4th grade. And in fact, if you try to skp over the lessons of the current reality in an effort to get out of this reality, you are demonstrating that you have not learned the lessons of this reality, one of which is patience and acceptance of where you fit. You wouldn't be here if you didn't fit.
This also makes alot of sense. If we observe our lives we can deduct that happenings and beings around us perfectly reflect our state in given moment and are always affected by the change in our personality or character.

Laura said:
Please cite your sources for each of the above "facts."
I was tempted to start searching but then I thought - even if I managed to find objectively reliable sources for these statments ( which I suspect is probably impossible) we still wouldn't prove anything as we would still be talking theoretically.
If I was convinced the sun gazing is the right path for me I would probably obtain photocards and start measuring myself before comitting to the practice. I have to admit I was slightly excited with the whole idea but after much pondering dont think it is the right thing for me.

I beleive there is a good point in the statment that we are the creatures of this world and sungazing definitely seems like a shortcut in trying to escape this reality.

Therefore I rest my case

and my last contribution to this thread
thought this is quite interesting trivia...

How Galileo really lost his eyesight

Eye problems of early sun observers

...or maybe not trivia at all, found this bit from the link very interesting:

Advice about eye care, stating that "Occasionally glancing at the sun usually does not harm your eyes. However, staring for several minutes at the sun or a solar eclipse can damage visual cells in the part of the retina that allows us to see fine detail. This kind of injury, called solar retinopathy, can cause a blind spot in the center of the field of vision. Loss of vision in these cases can be temporary but often is permanent." [Alas, this disappeared from the Web at the end of 2003; but the Wayback Machine preserved it here.]

Moorfields Eye Hospital in London used to give the straight story on the symptoms of solar retinopathy: "About half those affected recover to normal vision as measured on vision testing charts, although small dark patches may persist. About 10% will have permanent loss of vision to the extent of not being able to read a number plate at 25 yards. Blindness in the sense of loss of all vision does not occur. There is nothing the person affected can do to speed up recovery or to improve vision. There is no medical or surgical treatment for the problem." But, in redesigning their website, they have removed that page, on the grounds that solar retinopathy is a relatively rare condition. (Fortunately, the page is archived by www.archive.org at this location.)

Well, I decided to search the forum for sungazing today, and sure enough I missed out on the conversation. :)

I offer my comments not to drudge up this thread from the past, but for future readers of it.

I've done a pretty decent amount of research on sungazing over the last 3 years, and did indeed try it for about two weeks before losing interest.

That of course is no long term study, but I did have a most peculiar experience around day 10, when I was up to about 90 seconds per day just before sunset. While staring at the sun, I felt an undescribable feeling in the back of my head, internally. I really don't know what words to use. Later that night, I attended a social gathering at a friend's house - they didn't know about my experiments - and several times people walked up to me and made comments about how I was "glowing, almost literally," "super-energized," and the like.

Again, that is my short-term experience and proves nothing, that is not the intent of my post.

My intent is to

A - Describe the so-called "safest method" of doing this properly, in case someone does actually go out and do this without reading into it

B - Describe why this is so potentially exciting, as I haven't seen anyone other post on this thread come close to my personal beliefs as to why this potentially warrants time spent of researching this.

If you are not interested, please feel free to move on to another topic that does excite you!!! :)

A - How to sungaze, as prescribed by Hira Manek, and attempted with varying levels of success by others around the world, evidence of which should still be easily found with a google search. At least it was 2-3 years ago? People have already talked about staring into the sun themselves, so figured I'd post the recommended method here. This is not an endorsement, and you shouldn't go do this just because I posted it. Do your own research, come to your own conclusions.

Firstly - Hira recommends against sungazing for most people. If there is any fear, disbelief, or hesistancy in what you are about to do, one should not even attempt this practice. That could probably be said of a lot of things.

Bare feet must be touching bare earth, no plant life or anything else but sirt or sand. No water.

Gazing must be performed in the first or last hour of sunlight due to UV concerns. Do not gaze into the sun in the middle of the day!

Start at only 10 seconds your first attempt. Each *consecutive* day add 10 seconds. If you skip a day or two due to clouds, it is recommended you gaze the same amount of time when you resume as the last day, then continue to add 10 seconds progressively. The max is 90 minutes, which would be about nine consecutive months of doing this.

IF you wanted to use this to stop eating (not what most people set out for), that time would supposedly come around the 6-7 months mark. But I don't think that not eating is the point of sungazing really, I think everyone is missing the point of what MIGHT be possible if any of this holds truth.

EXIT TO PART B - WHAT MIGHT BE POSSIBLE. THIS IS PUREPLY A PRODUCT OF MY THOUGHTS AND IMAGINATION AND IS ONLY SPECULATION BASED ON THE RESEARCH I'VE DONE! :) :) :)

All assumptions are based on Manek's claims. Keep in mind he participated in a total of 3 medical studies on his fasting that confirm his feats, by both American and international establishment doctors, and none of them were done by NASA. In fact NASA says they've never heard of him and disclaims any research, and has done so for years, showing me that nobody here has really dug into the issue as there are many references to this in sungazing debunking pages on the internet.

So here's why I initially got excited about sungazing.

1 - The possibility that Manek is on the verge of a 100th monkey effect. That maybe, somewhere in that 90% of our untapped brains we could utilize solar energy as a means of sustenance.

Now - let's suppose for a moment - that what he says is true. Someone earlier said "If that was true everyone would be doing it." Really? The establishment would allow this to happen? They wouldn't tell us instead from day 1 that you will go blind staring into the sun? That you will get skin cancer by even not looking at it? And so on? I remember this from a long time ago in my youth - but when I researched the sungazing topic 2-3 years ago I found a webpage that debunked every popular claim of people going blind from staring at the sun. It even referenced a Nazi death camp study in which people were made to stare into the sun all day as punishment, but the people suffered no long term ill effects and actually showed bizarre improvements in their health.

If there is interest, I would be happy to do some digging to see if I can still find these references.

So, Manek says a number of other things about what happens when one sungazes that I think are very signifigant in evaluating whether or not his claim is worth pursuing. Yes, they are amazing claims. But we really have no reason to immediately disbelieve them either, other then people who have already made up their mind without doing any of the research.

Sungazing, he claims, heals the body of all emotional sicknesses around the 3 month mark, and physical illnesses around the 6 month mark. Between 6-9 months the need for food greatly diminishes, and by 9 months he says he can see auras around every physical object. Almost every account of a person who has met this man describes him as a humble, friendly, old man with radiant eyes and energy.

You see - Manek is not on a mission to profit from his gift. He is a retired engineer or something, and travels the country spending his free time giving free lectures, maintaining his free website with all the info to do this anyone would need. I think there is a book or something, but it is not in any way aggressively promoted.

Almost nobody has even heard of sungazing! The population of this forum being an expected deviation. If it were a big DISinfo campaign, the general public probably would have heard of it by now. I assure you they haven't.

And when most people hear about it, like my own first reaction years ago, it set off every "That's the craziest thing I've ever heard of" response imaginable. Isn't it possible that these are all conditioned responses, designed to prevent us from even thinking about tapping into the most abundant source of energy in our immediate physical reality, the sun?

But sure, this doesn't change the fact that we do not have enough EVIDENCE to decide or pass judgment in either direction. But everything I've ever read over the years - passes my filters, and the pages set up to debunk the practice of sungazing raise so many red flags it's unbelieveable.

This guy is not preaching religion, or telling anybody to do this. He doesn't have a group of followers (of any notable size), nor is he trying to profit of this. I have been unable to find in 2-3 years any credible evidence debunking his claims, just emotionally triggered reactions with no substance. I've noticed that a lot on this thread as well - but that is probably more of a result of the constant battle of quickly determining the signal/noise ratio.

If it really was so simple to cure disease, famine, the need for money, the food markets - yeah you better believe nobody would be doing it! We're so conditioned to a certain style of consumption, it becomes difficult to even imagine what life could be like if we didn't have to eat and shit. The difference would be HUGE. Suddenly, the starving kids in Africa would be empowered. In fact, every single person on this planet would be empowered to such an extent that the control structure as we know it would quickly cease to exist. No need for pharmaceuticals, food (except on occasion for recreation perhaps), supposedly one also experiences radical changes in awareness for the better.

My guess is - the only way to find out if it was really true would be to start an independent campaign and see how quickly one was attacked. Again - I would challenge anybody here to find 3 instances with reference to where somebody went blind staring at the sun. I haven't been able to. If that is the case - then why have we been programmed with "staring at the sun will make you go blind" from day one? Probably some of the strongest programming on this planet!

Maybe that is the question I should've really started with. That, and "what is light" because if you can answer that, then it shouldn't come as any surprise that our being may be capable to utilize the strongest source of light in ways that have been purposely hidden from us. Or maybe it is not capable, and we are doomed to eating food and living in a type of physical entrapment that as of yet nobody else has offered a concrete way of escaping. This possibility emerges, and everyone immediately says this is not the way, the way is awareness. Well, what if this is a valid technique for increasing one's level of awareness as Manek claims?

OK, I've rambled long enough and am late for work. Thanks for allowing me to express my beliefs on the topic. To be clear - I am not sold on the concept. I just haven't been able to find enough conflicting research to justify the "it's all new-age phooey" analysis. Anybody can say that about anything. Anybody can respond emotionally against something they have no knowledge of. But where's the actual debunking evidence in this case?

And yes I am a little emotionally invested in researching possibilities that have so much potential as this. But, I developed an emotional investment when I first read the C's material. At their own request I began to question the material, remain as objective as possible, and in my research on this topic as well. I try to do that with everything, but I certainly have a long way to go.

Sorry no time for spell/grammar check.

Sincerely,
Jason in Wyoming

Very interesting. Like I said, I can't recommend it because I am not qualified to do so, but if anyone does any experiments, let us know the results. I may try a bit of late day gazing myself just to see what happens.

This is interesting. I will try late day gazing when possible as well. If anything, at least I will not have to take Vitamin D pills :)

I saw a Discovery channel show (Everest: Beyond the Limit) with high altitude climbers of Mount Everest suffering from temporary blindness from having their UV goggles off for only a few minutes while enjoying the summit and not actually looking directly into the sun. It looked pretty painful. So if someone is in an airplane or up in the mountains, I would think sun-gazing would be pretty dangerous for the eyes due to the high UV rays.

Again, to reiterate, the only theoretically safe way to sungaze suggested by Manek is to stand with bare feet on bare earth during the first or last hour of sunlight.

Standing on a mountain summit 15,000 feet and above may change the safety factor in ways unknown and will probably damage your eyes.

Sungazing from an airplane is definitely the greatest possible departure from the prescribed method.

I would also not recommend flying a space ship into the center of the sun for increased intensity. Not a good idea imo.

Enjoying the full moon and all that it sometimes seems to bring,
Jason in Wyoming

ocean59 said:
Again, to reiterate, the only theoretically safe way to sungaze suggested by Manek is to stand with bare feet on bare earth during the first or last hour of sunlight.

Standing on a mountain summit 15,000 feet and above may change the safety factor in ways unknown and will probably damage your eyes.
And there's all that snow, reflecting... When there's snow and a sunny day, it's impossible to even walk around my neighborhood without sunglasses ;)

ocean59 said:
Sungazing from an airplane is definitely the greatest possible departure from the prescribed method.

I would also not recommend flying a space ship into the center of the sun for increased intensity. Not a good idea imo.
:D

well I have to say the whole idea hasn't lost its appeal still, but safety always comes first.

Here's a bit on Manek showing he's a phony. As far as his claims that he doesn't eat as a result of sungazing go, he's apparently been known to binge at Indian buffets and has been filmed doing it (this during a time when he said he hadn't eaten in 10 years)! What happened to the supposed 'spiritual' qualities sungazing is supposed to instill? Guess it doesn't penetrate the slime of New Age gobbledygook. This is not to say there is no benefits of sungazing at all - I don't know one way or the other right now, but I wouldn't take Manek's word for it.

_http://www.rawpaleodiet.org/sungazing/
Hira Ratan Manek, a Retired Engineer from India

Hira Manek has, since 2000, become the best-known promoter of sungazing in the Western world, and particularly in the USA and Canada. He has been a relentless proselytizer of and missionary for the practice of sungazing, and he is what I consider to be a fanatic and fundamentalist who regularly engages in gross exaggerations about the safety of sungazing and the various health and well-being benefits which he claims that it will impart to practitioners. Two or three other sungazing promoters from India have also become somewhat well-known in the West since the early 2000s as well; the best-known of them is likely Sunyogi Umasankar, and you will find a section devoted to Umasankar immediately below this section.

The Times of India and other Indian newspapers, in the late 1990s and early 2000s, featured several stories about a retired Indian male engineer and factory owner (more about this later) in his early 60’s named Hira Manek (aka HRM; his last name is sometimes mis-spelled in news reports as Matek or Manak), who was claimed (at the time of the publication of the articles) to have been on a sun-only “dietary fast” – consisting of sungazing for hours per day – for over 7 months, and under strict medical monitoring to ensure that he really was not eating any food. The Times of India articles --- there are now more than one -- are apparently still available on the Times of India website (link to main page: _http://www.timesofindia.com), but the exact web page addresses for the articles seem to change regularly! Basically, from about 2001 onward, Hira Manek claimed that he had not eaten solid food in three years, and by late 2003, he was claiming to have abstained from eating solid food for over seven years (in fact, when I met him in October 2005, he cited the seven year figure) and by early 2005, he was claiming that he had continually abstained from eating solid food for 10 years. Rather, he claimed that he drank only one to two liters of water per day, plus several cups of tea to which some buttermilk and sugar had been added.

More recently, as of 2003, Hira Manek started spending a good part of each year in the United States and Canada, and, for a while, headquartered for about half of each year at the estate of an India-born Hindu supporter located in Orlando, FL, and he used this as a home base for his lectures on sungazing across the USA and Canada. By 2003, Hira was claiming that he had had abstained from ingesting solid food for seven years. Interestingly, Hira has been studied several times by researchers both in India and in the West; in each case, the studies appeared to have proven Hira's claims about being able to survive for protracted periods of from 200 days to 410 days without eating solid food. Hira Manek has also claimed that he has been studied by scientists performing research for NASA, but there has been some controversy regarding the veracity of this claim. If you are interested in reading the observations made of Hira Manek by a Western-trained neurologist from India who examined him and monitored him closely during a prolonged supervised fasting study, please see an article by Dr. Sudhir V. Shah on this website.

From mid-2003 onward, as Hira Manek spent a good part of each year touring the US and Canada while delivering lectures proselytizing the practice of sungazing, often staying at the homes of local students and disciples, stories started dogging Hira Manek in his wake, with some persons who had hosted him or sponsored his lectures claiming that they had caught him eating food on the sly, often late at night. Hira steadfastly denied all these claims. The volume and frequency of such tales increased steadily, and in fact, when one Texan supporter who had hosted him in 2004 reported also having caught Hira eating (this time at an Indian buffet restaurant), Hira and some of his close supporters not only denied the allegations as fabrications, but they engaged in what -- from my vantage point and that of other observers -- amounted to an attempt at character assassination on the man who had made the claims. In fact, years later, in early 2007, after some scandals had long since broken regarding Hira and his long-denied eating binges, one of his East Coast female disciples who had been instrumental in trying to impugn the reputation of the Texas man who had reported catching Hira binging on food, called me to tell me that she had left his inner circle and that she felt very remorseful about the role she had played in attempting to defend Hira Manek.

At the same time that Manek was busily denying that he was clandestinely eating solid food, he was also investing considerable energy in attacking another Indian-born sungazing guru, Sunyogi Umasankar, who had been claiming that he (Umasankar, that is) had been inedian (i.e., not eating) for long periods of time; Hira Manek claimed that it was a well known fact that Umasankar ate food regularly and that Umasankar was therefore a fraud. Manek claimed to be quite infuriated by this alleged deception on Umasankar's part.

By early 2005, tales of clandestine eating binges continued to plague Hira Manek and he and his disciples continued to deny these stories vehemently, insisting that Manek had abstained fully from eating all solid food for 10 years. Indeed, by this time, Manek had become somewhat of a joke among insiders in the sungazing world, both for his relentless missionary-like proselytizing of the practice of sungazing and for the trail of rumors that followed him about his imputed eating binges; there were many jokes afloat at the time in the sungazing world in this regard about Manek and Indian buffet restaurants. Finally, in July 2005, while Hira Manek was delivering a series of lectures on sungazing in San Francisco, a well-known professional filmmaker (who had been making a documentary film on sungazing for several years) and his crew followed Hira Manek into an Indian buffet restaurant in San Francisco and filmed him binging on food. When confronted on camera, Manek tried to deny that he had been eating and offered a number of astounding prevarications in an attempt to explain his predicament. He continued to deny eating food clandestinely for a short while longer, as even more reports began to surface of his having been caught eating surreptitiously. Ultimately, within a few weeks of the San Francisco debacle, Manek issued several statements admitting that he had been clandestinely eating for at least a year (many believe that it was far longer than that, given the volume of stories which followed him in his travels) and claiming that he had lied only to protect his cherished cause of sungazing, and maintaining that he had not lied for personal reasons. As of September 2007, Hira Manek and his followers have once again returned to the not-eating theme, claiming that he has not eaten solid food in over one year.

Incidentally, in addition to the mystery and ambiguity which has attended Hira Manek's claims of having been inedian (at least in terms of abstaining from solid food) for many years and his equally-dubious claim of having been studied by NASA scientists, a new area of ambiguity has emerged regarding Manek, as follows: In the late 1990s and the early 2000s, media reports uniformly referenced Manek as being a retired engineer who had been a wealthy owner of an industrial factory until he had reportedly turned over his factory and his wealth to his employees and others so that he could start to promote sungazing around the world. In fact, when I met Hira Manek in October 2005 in Virginia, this is the exact tale which he related to me at that time about his earlier life in India. However, I note that starting in the year 2006, media articles about Manek and press releases from his camp suddenly began to refer to him only as a retired spice trader from India. In fact, I have twice received calls since mid-2006 from close disciples of Manek (who were largely trying to urge me to aid them in promoting Hira Manek's lectures...) who told me that he was, to their knowledge, never a degreed engineer nor an industrialist in India, and that rather, he had been a spice trader.

I was hardly surprised when the well-documented stories started to emerge in July 2005 about Hira Manek's clandestine eating; the rumors had been too plentiful and too substantial -- and too-well corroborated -- for too long for anyone who knew Manek to really believe that he did not eat solid food at least occasionally. In the aftermath of Manek's exposure as a fraud, a number of persons in the sungazing world expressed shock and dismay at his deception, while I continued to point out that the larger and more important problem, from my point of view, was that Manek was a fundamentalist and a fanatic (can you tell that I tend to be allergic to both?) and that he was continuing to proselytize sungazing, making all kinds of grossly untrue claims about its safety (claiming that it was a safe practice for everyone) and for its purported benefits, to the extent that sungazing had become the latest fad in many segments of the New Age world and the yoga world in Western countries. Indeed, I pointed out at the time that it is such fanaticism and fundamentalism which leads to desperate acts such as the deception and denial in which Hira Manek had engaged for years.
There's also this about the NASA claims. The link for the story, found on a forum, is outdated. A search for the story didn't show anything but other forum postings.

Found here:
_http://www.mumbai-central.com/nukkad/jul2003/msg00532.html
_http://web.mid-day.com/news/world/2003/july/57637.htm
We have no record of Manek: NASA
By: Ahmar Mustikhan
July 3, 2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
San Francisco: After a thorough check with all its scientific officers and
regional offices throughout the US over two days, a NASA spokesperson has
denied it had invited Hira Ratan Manek in any official capacity, or that it has
anything to do with him.

Recent news reports had stated that Manek, a 64-year-old mechanical engineer,
who claims he has not eaten in eight years and lives on water and solar energy,
had been invited by NASA to New York to show them how it was done.

The report stated that he had left for NASA on June 27.

However, NASA spokesperson Dolores Beasley said she had no idea why press
reports had claimed that NASA had invited Manek. “No one checked with us,” said
Dolores, public affairs officer for biological and physical research.

“We have no record of him being involved with us. We have checked with all
offices doing related research at centers such as Johnson, Marshall and Ames.”

“I am not saying that Manek is incorrect in whatever he is saying. As of yet
not a single scientist has come forward to verify that he has anything to do
with Manek.

“If anyone comes forward, we shall take that into consideration,” she said.
Asked if that meant a NASA scientist might have invited Manek in his personal
capacity, she said, “NASA is not aware of it.”

In June 2002, NASA had apparently verified Manek’s claims when he spent 130
days with its scientists and only drank water.

NASA had even named such subsistence — on water and solar energy — the HRM
(Hira Ratan Manek) phenomenon

Wow, thanks for taking the time to find that Shane.

It gives me plenty to think about...that certainly is a lot of self-contradicting information when applied to everything this man claims to be about.

Now that's the kind of debunking I like - everything else I'd found 2-3 years ago was totally unsubstantiated, and I had never heard about the eating scandals. That kind of seals the deal right there, as far as his long term claims go. Perhaps short-term is a different story - but it would be nice to see some results from someone of a more honest persuasion.

Maybe I'll take it up again for a longer period after all this snow melts and see for myself. :)

Jason

I have tried Sungazing several times, but like most people in Northern climates it is difficult to get the sun to appear for any length of time before clouds appear or an overcast day. Then there's the problem of time to experiment and the discipline involved. Upon first discovering Sungazing, whether it was Deckard's post or before that, the topic intriqued me for several reasons. Firstly. There was a lady in Australia stating she didn't require food. That was back in the late nineties and am not sure if it was Sungazing that was responsible for this feat. It just rang a bell when reading Manek's site. Secondly, in my childhood, there were many experiences of staring at the sun while in the back seat of the family car on some drive or another. Always like the occillating red ring around a setting sun. Didn't seem to bother me much then, although my time staring at the sun was not all that long. Even in public school my mind was apprehensive about such endevours. Thirdly, Seth, of the Seth Material fame had said something important regarding the sun, but am unable to remember now exactly what the information was.

So eventually, I thought that it would be worth a try. At the time, my eyes were having problems reading. My friends were chiding me about my need for glasses. There's something about not needing glasses approaching the later years that appealed to me. Most of my friends were visiting optometrists and spending fortunes for designer glasses. In my first sungazing attempt, I was able to get to about five minutes of continuous viewing. The world would become somewhat pinkish for a while after the session but that was the only drawback that was observable. Since I lived in an apartment at the time, my place of gazing was actually on the front lawn of our old city hall. Bearfoot and all. People watched me doing this, with quizical looks, but never approached me for an explanation. Probably thought I was bonkers. Anyways, after the first attempt at Sungazing me eyesight improved enough not to require glasses. Part of my eye problems could be directly linked to staring at computer screens for most of my waking hours and exhaustion.

The second and last attempt at this was performed more of an ad hoc method. My sight was fine for reading, but had now become worse for distance. No 15 second intervals this time, but just staring at the setting sun around six pm using an intuitive sense for time. Started at about 5 minutes and kept doing it up to about 10 to 15 minutes. It became somewhat of a meditative state. Whether real or imagined, it seems that a bond, a small bond, had been initiated between the sun and myself. Couldn't help but think that without the sun we could not exist. Ditto Mother Earth. It is their relationship that makes this whole physical life possible. The result of this approximately six week experiment was again the improvement of eyes closer to normal. It is doubtful that my vision is exactly 20/20, but I am saving money not having to buy glasses as of yet. There was also a feeling of strengthing of mind and body and it wasn't extreme, but subtle might be the right word. This could be simply a result of doing something in a disciplined manner and feeling good about ones efforts. This is an unknown.

I might try it again under the right circumstances. It was generally an enjoyable experience. But it is unlikely that I have the time and discipline to do the full package. The fact that some people feel curiosity to Sungazing while others would fear physical damage may be related to 'past lives'. Perhaps some of us may feel a connection back to a time of the sun worship of RA (one of the good channels right?), or sorcery as a Toltec. You never know. People can and should explore what ever interests them. I stayed off this thread because of some posters unfounded opinions or rationalizations. You won't know many things unless you try. Life is but lessons. It seems odd that the whole sun will cause cancer theme began at the same time second hand smoke would kill you began. Hmmm.

This is of course only my story, Your own results may differ, but I hope it helps. There was nothing dramatic about it, but for me, some small benefits. See you later.

Laura said:
Very interesting. Like I said, I can't recommend it because I am not qualified to do so, but if anyone does any experiments, let us know the results. I may try a bit of late day gazing myself just to see what happens.

I practiced sungazing for about a month or so 2 years ago. I followed the method indicated by the website _www.solarhealing.com
The practice entails looking at the rising or setting sun one time per day only during the safe hours. No harm will come to your eyes during the morning and evening safe hours. The safe hours are anytime within 1-hour window after sunrise or anytime within the 1-hr window before sunset. It is scientifically proven beyond a reasonable doubt that during these times, one is free from UV and IR rays exposure, which is harmful to your eyes. To determine the timings of sunrise or sunset, you can check the local newspaper, which also lists the UV Index as 0 during these times. Both times are good for practice - it depends on individual's convenience. Sungazing also has the added advantage of getting vitamin A and D during the 1-hour safe period window. Vitamin A is necessary for the health of the eye, the only vitamin that the eye requires. If you sun gaze, the spectacles and the associated power in the eye will go away and this will provide better eyesight without glasses.

As suggested, I only did the sungazing within 1 hour of the sun rising in the morning, barefooted, on bare earth. I prefered doing it during sunrise as opposed to sunset because it gave me more of a rejuvenated feeling. Although that might be due to waking up so early and practicing something that was out of the ordinary for me. Either way, he continues on
First day, during the safe hours, look for a maximum of 10 seconds. Second day look for 20 seconds at the rising sun adding ten seconds every succeeding day. So at the end of 10 continuous days of sun gazing you will be looking at the sun for 100 seconds i.e. 1 minute and 40 seconds. Stand on bare earth with bare foot. Eyes can blink and/or flicker. Stillness or Steadiness of the eyes is not required. Do not where any lenses or glasses while sungazing

I believe I reached up to a total of 3 - 4 minutes at a time. I never was exact about my times except at the beginning when you can easily count in your head between 10,20,30 seconds, so on. Even though some of his claims on the potential benefits are pretty grand, I can attest that I didnt find the practice harmful whatsoever. If anything, I think that my energy levels increased, my eyesight defintely wasnt negatively affected, and it encouraged me to get up early rather then sleeping in. I can say there is a definite difference in looking at the sun early in the morning when its rising as opposed to late morning or afternoons. In the morning, its much easier on the eyes and I dont remember getting sunspots (as long as you blink at a tempered rate?)

Back
Top Bottom