The Ice Age Cometh! Forget Global Warming!

By contrast to the heatwave in the Pacific Northwest, I am reminded of Moscow experiencing flooding on the streets, a station, had to be closed down because of flooding and also a shopping mall, that had a waterfall from a leaking roof.

Now this posted on RT

This is summertime?

Yup, supposedly. Meanwhile, it was 13C this morning in SW France.

By contrast to the heatwave in the Pacific Northwest, I am reminded of Moscow experiencing flooding on the streets, a station, had to be closed down because of flooding and also a shopping mall, that had a waterfall from a leaking roof.

Now this posted on RT

This is summertime?
Same here in the Netherlands, there was flooding in the southernmost province yesterday.

Yup, supposedly. Meanwhile, it was 13C this morning in SW France.
Here, too. Currently 14 degrees Celsius (west coast of NL) and raining.

Just wanted to add that Russia is building nuclear icebreakers at a rapid pace. Maybe they know something they're not telling? I mean, why build such a fleet at all when ''man-made global warming'' is going to melt all the ice away in the near future. 😏

Last edited:
Now, Nemesis has been rejected by the astronomical community, however this is on the basis that a 20 million year orbit would not be gravitationally bound for 4 billion years. I'm not sure I buy that argument personally.
This convenient number of "4 billion years" in creationism ideology in science, not gravitationally bound by a narrative is irrelevant or a bias recoil. So its a strawman leap and or redirect from thoughts that go against public accepted. I would think an orbit would not have to exist In the favored corner of the begining to be a 20 million year orbit. So article: The 27.5-million-year cycle of catastrophic geologic activity -- Sott.net

Actually same cognitive dissonance ideology that puts limits on questions. For ex: with the "out of Africa theory.
I simply think that if I come across another theory save me the energy to believe in either one.

I think part of the problem here is trying to explain it all in purely physical/materialistic terms, leaving out "higher" factors such as "the human-cosmic connection" and non-linearity. I also have to say that Davidson often rubs me the wrong way in his wiseacre kind of "know-it-all" way of delivering things that leaves me with the slight impression that „he likes to hear himself speak“. But that might just be how it comes across to me subjectively.
Suspicious0bservers has released yet another short video on the practical topic of the flip. I believe that watching it might correct the first layer of assumptions that prevents you from even considering what is being said. I'd be surprised if you maintained that perspective after watching the content :)

This convenient number of "4 billion years" in creationism ideology in science, not gravitationally bound by a narrative is irrelevant or a bias recoil. So its a strawman leap and or redirect from thoughts that go against public accepted. I would think an orbit would not have to exist In the favored corner of the begining to be a 20 million year orbit. So article: The 27.5-million-year cycle of catastrophic geologic activity -- Sott.net
It's not about whether there is a nemesis or not. It's that even if there were, it cannot explain the short catastrophe cycle. Granted, big bang cosmology is wrong and therefore so are all assumptions about the age of the universe, and I agree that a timeline argument is not sufficient to rule out nemesis - it could have been captured more recently or with with tangential, soft landing orbitals, or some such. But if it's so far as to have no impact, so what? And if it has an impact, why cannot we measure it?

The problem is, even then, simply that the nemesis hypothesis cannot explain the observations that require explanation. There might be a multimillion-year cycle, but the one that's on our doorstep is the 12k one. If the nemesis hypothesis cannot be measured and does not seem predictively relevant to the scale observed, it makes more sense to build from what can be empirically observed.

Last edited:
It's not about whether there is a nemesis or not. It's that even if there were, it cannot explain the short catastrophe cycle. Granted, big bang cosmology is wrong and therefore so are all assumptions about the age of the universe, and I agree that a timeline argument is not sufficient to rule out nemesis - it could have been captured more recently or whatever.

The problem is, even then, simply that it is cannot explain the observations that require explanation. There might be a multimillion-year cycle, but the one that's on our doorstep is the 12k one.
I'm agreeing with you because my thoughts agree with the information the information is correct and so I disagree with the thought of having to prove on false narrative in creationism of four billion years to prove a twenty-million orbit cycle. And because using such a unlimited wide expanse of 4 billion years a big bang theory to explain an orbit of what ever years is putting the thoughts askewed .In me agreeing with "I don't buy that argument." that would basically mean this opens up the possible and does away with the assumptions in almost any matter pertaining to the universal creation and in arguments. Yet some think smart and argue their smarts away on a false theory to begin with.

I'm saying anything can form with in a universe and the big bang is a reductionist so even if there was a bb theory nobody can find it or prove it nor would it make sense in a ever expansion of said Universe.
In my brain I see the bb theory as a black hole somewhere in the universal created. And if the Universe is infinite or not limited by time then billion years is not much. I'm thinking

Just wanted to add that Russia is building nuclear icebreakers at a rapid pace. Maybe they know something they're not telling? I mean, why build such a fleet at all when ''man-made global warming'' is going to melt all the ice away in the near future. 😏

And it appears the Royal Canadian Navy has plans to be broken out of the ice by those Russian icebreakers with the commissioning of the first of 6 six new arctic patrol boats (first new ships to be built in 25 years). They’ll probably blame all that ice on Russia 🙃

Just listened to an interesting interview on Delingpod (James Delingpole) with Greenpeace founder (who later came to his senses) Patrick Moore. Patrick has come out with a book that, based on what he describes, sounds pretty interesting. I'm considering buying a physical copy of it, not just out of interest, but also to preserve documentation of the climate/environmental scam that's been going on for decades in case e.g. my kids some day would be curious to know the 'other side' of things.

Blurb:
Patrick Moore is a Canadian industry consultant, former activist and past president of Greenpeace. Since leaving Greenpeace in 1986, Moore has criticized the environmental movement for what he sees as scare tactics and disinformation, saying that the environmental movement "abandoned science and logic in favor of emotion and sensationalism"

In this interview Patrick gives a couple of examples where the truth is apparently just the opposite of what we are told. Not much new to peeps here, but he describes things in a very understandable way. CO2, warming/cooling, Polar bears, plastic, Amazon rain forest etc. The most surprising thing for me was what Patrick told about the 'widely accepted fact' of the Great Pacific Plastic Patch – according to him it doesn't even exist!

During the interview there's a small 'glitch' where Patrick tells how "Someone critized my book for accepting the theory of man evolving from apes, apparently an anti-evolutionist, as if there wasn't enough time for that kind of thing happening". Well, I didn't let that one disturb me knowing that we all have our gaps in knowledge, and James D. did wise to stay silent on that one.

Interview:

Book:

Take a look at the item below. The global warming peeps claim it is a consequence of global warming which is certainly possible since we know the earth has been heating up from within. But I don't think they have really thought out the consequences and probable effects.

Notice the bits about noctilucent clouds.

From NASA

Jun 30, 2021

The sky isn’t falling, but scientists have found that parts of the upper atmosphere are gradually contracting in response to rising human-made greenhouse gas emissions.

Combined data from three NASA satellites have produced a long-term record that reveals the mesosphere, the layer of the atmosphere 30 to 50 miles above the surface, is cooling and contracting. Scientists have long predicted this effect of human-driven climate change, but it has been difficult to observe the trends over time.

“You need several decades to get a handle on these trends and isolate what’s happening due to greenhouse gas emissions, solar cycle changes, and other effects,” said Scott Bailey, an atmospheric scientist at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, and lead of the study, published in the Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics. “We had to put together three satellites’ worth of data.”

Together, the satellites provided about 30 years of observations, indicating that the summer mesosphere over Earth’s poles is cooling four to five degrees Fahrenheit and contracting 500 to 650 feet per decade. Without changes in human carbon dioxide emissions, the researchers expect these rates to continue.

Moving satellite images show electric blue and white clouds swirling around a top-down view of the North Pole.These AIM images span June 6-June 18, 2021, when the Northern Hemisphere noctilucent cloud season was well underway. The colors — from dark blue to light blue and bright white — indicate the clouds’ albedo, which refers to the amount of light that a surface reflects compared to the total sunlight that falls upon it. Things that have a high albedo are bright and reflect a lot of light. Things that don’t reflect much light have a low albedo, and they are dark.
Credits: NASA/HU/VT/CU-LASP/AIM/Joy Ng

Since the mesosphere is much thinner than the part of the atmosphere we live in, the impacts of increasing greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide, differ from the warming we experience at the surface. One researcher compared where we live, the troposphere, to a thick quilt.

“Down near Earth’s surface, the atmosphere is thick,” said James Russell, a study co-author and atmospheric scientist at Hampton University in Virginia. “Carbon dioxide traps heat just like a quilt traps your body heat and keeps you warm.” In the lower atmosphere, there are plenty of molecules in close proximity, and they easily trap and transfer Earth’s heat between each other, maintaining that quilt-like warmth.

That means little of Earth’s heat makes it to the higher, thinner mesosphere. There, molecules are few and far between. Since carbon dioxide also efficiently emits heat, any heat captured by carbon dioxide sooner escapes to space than it finds another molecule to absorb it. As a result, an increase in greenhouses gases like carbon dioxide means more heat is lost to space — and the upper atmosphere cools. When air cools, it contracts, the same way a balloon shrinks if you put it in the freezer.

This cooling and contracting didn’t come as a surprise. For years, “models have been showing this effect,” said Brentha Thurairajah, a Virginia Tech atmospheric scientist who contributed to the study. “It would have been weirder if our analysis of the data didn’t show this.”

While previous studies have observed this cooling, none have used a data record of this length or shown the upper atmosphere contracting. The researchers say these new results boost their confidence in our ability to model the upper atmosphere’s complicated changes.The team analyzed how temperature and pressure changed over 29 years, using all three data sets, which covered the summer skies of the North and South Poles. They examined the stretch of sky 30 to 60 miles above the surface. At most altitudes, the mesosphere cooled as carbon dioxide increased. That effect meant the height of any given atmospheric pressure fell as the air cooled. In other words, the mesosphere was contracting.

Earth’s Middle Atmosphere

Though what happens in the mesosphere does not directly impact humans, the region is an important one. The upper boundary of the mesosphere, about 50 miles above Earth, is where the coolest atmospheric temperatures are found. It’s also where the neutral atmosphere begins transitioning to the tenuous, electrically charged gases of the ionosphere.

The layers of the atmosphereThis infographic outlines the layers of Earth’s atmosphere. Click to explore in full size.Credits: NASA
Explore an expanded version of this infographic.

Even higher up, 150 miles above the surface, atmospheric gases cause satellite drag, the friction that tugs satellites out of orbit. Satellite drag also helps clear space junk. When the mesosphere contracts, the rest of the upper atmosphere above sinks with it. As the atmosphere contracts, satellite drag may wane — interfering less with operating satellites, but also leaving more space junk in low-Earth orbit.

The mesosphere is also known for its brilliant blue ice clouds. They’re called noctilucent or polar mesospheric clouds, so named because they live in the mesosphere and tend to huddle around the North and South Poles. The clouds form in summer, when the mesosphere has all three ingredients to produce the clouds: water vapor, very cold temperatures, and dust from meteors that burn up in this part of the atmosphere. Noctilucent clouds were spotted over northern Canada on May 20, kicking off the start of the Northern Hemisphere’s noctilucent cloud season.

Because the clouds are sensitive to temperature and water vapor, they’re a useful signal of change in the mesosphere.
“We understand the physics of these clouds,” Bailey said. In recent decades, the clouds have drawn scientists’ attention because they’re behaving oddly. They’re getting brighter, drifting farther from the poles, and appearing earlier than usual. And, there seem to be more of them than in years past.

“The only way you would expect them to change this way is if the temperature is getting colder and water vapor is increasing,” Russell said. Colder temperatures and abundant water vapor are both linked with climate change in the upper atmosphere.

Currently, Russell serves as principal investigator for AIM, short for Aeronomy of Ice in the Mesosphere, the newest satellite of the three that contributed data to the study. Russell has served as a leader on all three NASA missions: AIM, the instrument SABER on TIMED (Thermosphere, Ionosphere, Mesosphere Energetics and Dynamics), and the instrument HALOE on the since-retired UARS (Upper Atmospherics Research Satellite).

TIMED and AIM launched in 2001 and 2007, respectively, and both are still operating. The UARS mission ran from 1991 to 2005. “I always had in my mind that we would be able to put them together in a long-term change study,” Russell said. The study, he said, demonstrates the importance of long-term, space-based observations across the globe.

In the future, the researchers expect more striking displays of noctilucent clouds that stray farther from the poles. Because this analysis focused on the poles at summertime, Bailey said he plans to examine these effects over longer periods of time and — following the clouds — study a wider stretch of the atmosphere.

By Lina Tran
NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center

Greenbelt, Md.

Last Updated: Jun 30, 2021

The following shows the impact that this year's weather has had on growth when compared to last year.

Charles Dowding is an Englishman who grows and sells vegetables in his local area for a living. He's also become pretty popular on Youtube for his successful method of growing that involves using lots of compost and few, if any, additional chemicals in the form of pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers.

As you can see in this post, last year's jet stream was tight and circular leading to stable and mild weather across much of Europe, whilst this year's has been meandering and has resulted in erratic weather patterns with more extreme high and low temperatures.

The difference in growth is rather startling and it's not often i come across an image the makes the point so well. It shows how fragile the growing season is and, were summer to be weak in some way, or should autumn and winter come earlier than expected, the impact this will have on harvest and the food supply could likely be significant. Even more so were this to happen a few years in a row (as has actually been happening).

As was the case throughout Europe this year, a mild end to winter and early start to spring that is punctuated by damaging frosts can be almost as bad for crops, if not worse, than an overall cool spring that causes a slow and weak start to growth.

The video blurb states:

Image:View attachment 45658

Video:

At the farm where I work, we've also had our own issues with productivity. In particular this spring, the lettuces weren't reaching harvest size. We had to use row cover (or remay, a white nylon cloth), which increases the temperature by 2 degrees or so in order to manage things.

Luckily my employer is familiar with Suspicious Observers and so I've mentioned the ice age to him a couple times. He seems to be more or less caught in a form of normalcy bias, and kinda laughs it off, so I don't push the point. But recently he started talking about it to another friend of mine who works at the farm. So maybe the message is getting through!

Our farm has three greenhouses, one 20 footer, one 60, and one 100. So there is at least some capacity for growing food in the cold. It wouldn't be enough to have a fully operational business, but enough to keep some plants alive... so long as the winds don't decide to pick up the greenhouses and deposit them in the neighbours cattle field. They're secured with steel anchors pounded 2-3 feet deep, so that would have to be quite the wind, but all bets are off these days. It will be quite the thing to see how our small 2 acre farm survives the coming cataclysms. Will there even be an economy?

Now that the heat wave has hit here in British Columbia, things are growing just fine - so long as the glaciers surrounding the farm don't dump too much water on us. As a low-lying historic alluvial flood plain, floods are a significant risk. The current events really shows how civilizations only exist in a very narrow window of climatic conditions.

I've also been lucky enough to purchase a property on a mountain slope, away from flooding and landslide risks. The place came with a functional 30 foot greenhouse with a big old wood stove in it. So aside from shoulder season food production, it could also double as a 'live-in sauna' for livestock in the winter. Currently I've been using it as a woodworking shop, and it's filled mostly with wood and tools, but it can easily be converted back to its original purpose, I've been gathering materials to make another smaller one, too, to give myself and my land-mates another option.

In the days to come, small farmers will most likely become the most important people around. Especially ones with greenhouses, or ones who are producing beef, pork, lamb and mutton, eggs and meat. Small farmers have been undervalued for so long, ground under the heel of big aggro-culture. In this context, I've been thinking about the Bible verse, "The last shall be first and the first shall be last." In the coming time of scarcity, maybe we'll find out just how precious every single meal is, and return to what Vandana Shiva calls 'the sacred relationship with food':

• Food is the currency of life
  • The highest duty is to grow and give food in abundance
  • The worst sin is to let someone go hungry in your neighborhood, not grow food and, worse, sell bad food
"We've got to bring to the center of our everyday life the rituals that make life sacred," Shiva said. "Our breath ... breath is what connects us to the world ... water connects us to the world. Food connects us to the world."

For everyone who has prepared their own cache of food, it'll be a hugely significant choice whether or not to share, how much, and with whom. On the one hand, it looks like good theoxeny in practice. One the other, it may shorten your own lifespan. And if words gets out that there's food over at so-and-so's place, we could also see things get ugly - in desperate times, even the seemingly best of people can turn into murderers and bandits.

The lessons look like they're going to get amplified - and quick!

Back
Top Bottom