The Ice Age Cometh! Forget Global Warming!

I'm saying anything can form with in a universe and the big bang is a reductionist so even if there was a bb theory nobody can find it or prove it nor would it make sense in a ever expansion of said Universe.
In my brain I see the bb theory as a black hole somewhere in the universal created. And if the Universe is infinite or not limited by time then billion years is not much. I'm thinking

Just wanted to add that Russia is building nuclear icebreakers at a rapid pace. Maybe they know something they're not telling? I mean, why build such a fleet at all when ''man-made global warming'' is going to melt all the ice away in the near future. 😏

And it appears the Royal Canadian Navy has plans to be broken out of the ice by those Russian icebreakers with the commissioning of the first of 6 six new arctic patrol boats (first new ships to be built in 25 years). They’ll probably blame all that ice on Russia 🙃

Just listened to an interesting interview on Delingpod (James Delingpole) with Greenpeace founder (who later came to his senses) Patrick Moore. Patrick has come out with a book that, based on what he describes, sounds pretty interesting. I'm considering buying a physical copy of it, not just out of interest, but also to preserve documentation of the climate/environmental scam that's been going on for decades in case e.g. my kids some day would be curious to know the 'other side' of things.

Blurb:
Patrick Moore is a Canadian industry consultant, former activist and past president of Greenpeace. Since leaving Greenpeace in 1986, Moore has criticized the environmental movement for what he sees as scare tactics and disinformation, saying that the environmental movement "abandoned science and logic in favor of emotion and sensationalism"

In this interview Patrick gives a couple of examples where the truth is apparently just the opposite of what we are told. Not much new to peeps here, but he describes things in a very understandable way. CO2, warming/cooling, Polar bears, plastic, Amazon rain forest etc. The most surprising thing for me was what Patrick told about the 'widely accepted fact' of the Great Pacific Plastic Patch – according to him it doesn't even exist!

During the interview there's a small 'glitch' where Patrick tells how "Someone critized my book for accepting the theory of man evolving from apes, apparently an anti-evolutionist, as if there wasn't enough time for that kind of thing happening". Well, I didn't let that one disturb me knowing that we all have our gaps in knowledge, and James D. did wise to stay silent on that one.

Interview:

Book:

Take a look at the item below. The global warming peeps claim it is a consequence of global warming which is certainly possible since we know the earth has been heating up from within. But I don't think they have really thought out the consequences and probable effects.

Notice the bits about noctilucent clouds.

From NASA

Jun 30, 2021

The sky isn’t falling, but scientists have found that parts of the upper atmosphere are gradually contracting in response to rising human-made greenhouse gas emissions.

Combined data from three NASA satellites have produced a long-term record that reveals the mesosphere, the layer of the atmosphere 30 to 50 miles above the surface, is cooling and contracting. Scientists have long predicted this effect of human-driven climate change, but it has been difficult to observe the trends over time.

“You need several decades to get a handle on these trends and isolate what’s happening due to greenhouse gas emissions, solar cycle changes, and other effects,” said Scott Bailey, an atmospheric scientist at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, and lead of the study, published in the Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics. “We had to put together three satellites’ worth of data.”

Together, the satellites provided about 30 years of observations, indicating that the summer mesosphere over Earth’s poles is cooling four to five degrees Fahrenheit and contracting 500 to 650 feet per decade. Without changes in human carbon dioxide emissions, the researchers expect these rates to continue.

Moving satellite images show electric blue and white clouds swirling around a top-down view of the North Pole.These AIM images span June 6-June 18, 2021, when the Northern Hemisphere noctilucent cloud season was well underway. The colors — from dark blue to light blue and bright white — indicate the clouds’ albedo, which refers to the amount of light that a surface reflects compared to the total sunlight that falls upon it. Things that have a high albedo are bright and reflect a lot of light. Things that don’t reflect much light have a low albedo, and they are dark.
Credits: NASA/HU/VT/CU-LASP/AIM/Joy Ng

Since the mesosphere is much thinner than the part of the atmosphere we live in, the impacts of increasing greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide, differ from the warming we experience at the surface. One researcher compared where we live, the troposphere, to a thick quilt.

“Down near Earth’s surface, the atmosphere is thick,” said James Russell, a study co-author and atmospheric scientist at Hampton University in Virginia. “Carbon dioxide traps heat just like a quilt traps your body heat and keeps you warm.” In the lower atmosphere, there are plenty of molecules in close proximity, and they easily trap and transfer Earth’s heat between each other, maintaining that quilt-like warmth.

That means little of Earth’s heat makes it to the higher, thinner mesosphere. There, molecules are few and far between. Since carbon dioxide also efficiently emits heat, any heat captured by carbon dioxide sooner escapes to space than it finds another molecule to absorb it. As a result, an increase in greenhouses gases like carbon dioxide means more heat is lost to space — and the upper atmosphere cools. When air cools, it contracts, the same way a balloon shrinks if you put it in the freezer.

This cooling and contracting didn’t come as a surprise. For years, “models have been showing this effect,” said Brentha Thurairajah, a Virginia Tech atmospheric scientist who contributed to the study. “It would have been weirder if our analysis of the data didn’t show this.”

While previous studies have observed this cooling, none have used a data record of this length or shown the upper atmosphere contracting. The researchers say these new results boost their confidence in our ability to model the upper atmosphere’s complicated changes.The team analyzed how temperature and pressure changed over 29 years, using all three data sets, which covered the summer skies of the North and South Poles. They examined the stretch of sky 30 to 60 miles above the surface. At most altitudes, the mesosphere cooled as carbon dioxide increased. That effect meant the height of any given atmospheric pressure fell as the air cooled. In other words, the mesosphere was contracting.

Earth’s Middle Atmosphere

Though what happens in the mesosphere does not directly impact humans, the region is an important one. The upper boundary of the mesosphere, about 50 miles above Earth, is where the coolest atmospheric temperatures are found. It’s also where the neutral atmosphere begins transitioning to the tenuous, electrically charged gases of the ionosphere.

The layers of the atmosphereThis infographic outlines the layers of Earth’s atmosphere. Click to explore in full size.Credits: NASA
Explore an expanded version of this infographic.

Even higher up, 150 miles above the surface, atmospheric gases cause satellite drag, the friction that tugs satellites out of orbit. Satellite drag also helps clear space junk. When the mesosphere contracts, the rest of the upper atmosphere above sinks with it. As the atmosphere contracts, satellite drag may wane — interfering less with operating satellites, but also leaving more space junk in low-Earth orbit.

The mesosphere is also known for its brilliant blue ice clouds. They’re called noctilucent or polar mesospheric clouds, so named because they live in the mesosphere and tend to huddle around the North and South Poles. The clouds form in summer, when the mesosphere has all three ingredients to produce the clouds: water vapor, very cold temperatures, and dust from meteors that burn up in this part of the atmosphere. Noctilucent clouds were spotted over northern Canada on May 20, kicking off the start of the Northern Hemisphere’s noctilucent cloud season.

Because the clouds are sensitive to temperature and water vapor, they’re a useful signal of change in the mesosphere.
“We understand the physics of these clouds,” Bailey said. In recent decades, the clouds have drawn scientists’ attention because they’re behaving oddly. They’re getting brighter, drifting farther from the poles, and appearing earlier than usual. And, there seem to be more of them than in years past.

“The only way you would expect them to change this way is if the temperature is getting colder and water vapor is increasing,” Russell said. Colder temperatures and abundant water vapor are both linked with climate change in the upper atmosphere.

Currently, Russell serves as principal investigator for AIM, short for Aeronomy of Ice in the Mesosphere, the newest satellite of the three that contributed data to the study. Russell has served as a leader on all three NASA missions: AIM, the instrument SABER on TIMED (Thermosphere, Ionosphere, Mesosphere Energetics and Dynamics), and the instrument HALOE on the since-retired UARS (Upper Atmospherics Research Satellite).

TIMED and AIM launched in 2001 and 2007, respectively, and both are still operating. The UARS mission ran from 1991 to 2005. “I always had in my mind that we would be able to put them together in a long-term change study,” Russell said. The study, he said, demonstrates the importance of long-term, space-based observations across the globe.

In the future, the researchers expect more striking displays of noctilucent clouds that stray farther from the poles. Because this analysis focused on the poles at summertime, Bailey said he plans to examine these effects over longer periods of time and — following the clouds — study a wider stretch of the atmosphere.

By Lina Tran
NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center

Greenbelt, Md.

Last Updated: Jun 30, 2021

The following shows the impact that this year's weather has had on growth when compared to last year.

Charles Dowding is an Englishman who grows and sells vegetables in his local area for a living. He's also become pretty popular on Youtube for his successful method of growing that involves using lots of compost and few, if any, additional chemicals in the form of pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers.

As you can see in this post, last year's jet stream was tight and circular leading to stable and mild weather across much of Europe, whilst this year's has been meandering and has resulted in erratic weather patterns with more extreme high and low temperatures.

The difference in growth is rather startling and it's not often i come across an image the makes the point so well. It shows how fragile the growing season is and, were summer to be weak in some way, or should autumn and winter come earlier than expected, the impact this will have on harvest and the food supply could likely be significant. Even more so were this to happen a few years in a row (as has actually been happening).

As was the case throughout Europe this year, a mild end to winter and early start to spring that is punctuated by damaging frosts can be almost as bad for crops, if not worse, than an overall cool spring that causes a slow and weak start to growth.

The video blurb states:

Image:View attachment 45658

Video:

At the farm where I work, we've also had our own issues with productivity. In particular this spring, the lettuces weren't reaching harvest size. We had to use row cover (or remay, a white nylon cloth), which increases the temperature by 2 degrees or so in order to manage things.

Luckily my employer is familiar with Suspicious Observers and so I've mentioned the ice age to him a couple times. He seems to be more or less caught in a form of normalcy bias, and kinda laughs it off, so I don't push the point. But recently he started talking about it to another friend of mine who works at the farm. So maybe the message is getting through!

Our farm has three greenhouses, one 20 footer, one 60, and one 100. So there is at least some capacity for growing food in the cold. It wouldn't be enough to have a fully operational business, but enough to keep some plants alive... so long as the winds don't decide to pick up the greenhouses and deposit them in the neighbours cattle field. They're secured with steel anchors pounded 2-3 feet deep, so that would have to be quite the wind, but all bets are off these days. It will be quite the thing to see how our small 2 acre farm survives the coming cataclysms. Will there even be an economy?

Now that the heat wave has hit here in British Columbia, things are growing just fine - so long as the glaciers surrounding the farm don't dump too much water on us. As a low-lying historic alluvial flood plain, floods are a significant risk. The current events really shows how civilizations only exist in a very narrow window of climatic conditions.

I've also been lucky enough to purchase a property on a mountain slope, away from flooding and landslide risks. The place came with a functional 30 foot greenhouse with a big old wood stove in it. So aside from shoulder season food production, it could also double as a 'live-in sauna' for livestock in the winter. Currently I've been using it as a woodworking shop, and it's filled mostly with wood and tools, but it can easily be converted back to its original purpose, I've been gathering materials to make another smaller one, too, to give myself and my land-mates another option.

In the days to come, small farmers will most likely become the most important people around. Especially ones with greenhouses, or ones who are producing beef, pork, lamb and mutton, eggs and meat. Small farmers have been undervalued for so long, ground under the heel of big aggro-culture. In this context, I've been thinking about the Bible verse, "The last shall be first and the first shall be last." In the coming time of scarcity, maybe we'll find out just how precious every single meal is, and return to what Vandana Shiva calls 'the sacred relationship with food':

• Food is the currency of life
  • The highest duty is to grow and give food in abundance
  • The worst sin is to let someone go hungry in your neighborhood, not grow food and, worse, sell bad food
"We've got to bring to the center of our everyday life the rituals that make life sacred," Shiva said. "Our breath ... breath is what connects us to the world ... water connects us to the world. Food connects us to the world."

For everyone who has prepared their own cache of food, it'll be a hugely significant choice whether or not to share, how much, and with whom. On the one hand, it looks like good theoxeny in practice. One the other, it may shorten your own lifespan. And if words gets out that there's food over at so-and-so's place, we could also see things get ugly - in desperate times, even the seemingly best of people can turn into murderers and bandits.

The lessons look like they're going to get amplified - and quick!

Take a look at the item below. The global warming peeps claim it is a consequence of global warming which is certainly possible since we know the earth has been heating up from within. But I don't think they have really thought out the consequences and probable effects.

Notice the bits about noctilucent clouds.

As I read this, I was stuck to the the mechanistic dynamics that NASA's interpretation implies. While it seems 'logical' that a more reflective cloud layer would reflect heat out and collapse the atmosphere, the same could be said that it'd inflate the atmosphere below. What mechanism makes it anisotropic?

I find myself struggling to relate with this, it seems anchored in material-reductionistic status quo physics. I doubt that there is a depth-setting component more powerful than the ionosphere - and it is my understanding that the Allen Belts press down on the ionosphere and atmospheric layers below when it gets slammed by accelerated solar wind - or it may also de-inflate as its own homeostasis weakens. That was what my mind jumped to.

Then I went and watched the 5 minutes daily morning news - the NASA story is mentioned around 1:30-2:00:

I've been poking around in the internets to determine an estimate of how much food a person needs for a year.

In more objective cultures, this would surely have been common knowledge, and perhaps the topic of conversation, the fundamental of human activity, and maybe even the foundation of culture.

This would probably be most striking in climes that freeze, with energy directed towards preparedness for winter. It's in this context that people wouldn't say how old they are in terms of age, but how many winters they'd lived through.

In our modern era of grocery stores (which we treat like the Cornucopia, a magical goat's horn never-ending abundant food) we've been alienated from the reality of these kind of considerations - the reality of how life actually works.

I found this list, which can be used as a general template. It's grain-heavy, of course, and so while supplies last, we can also keto-adapt our food caches. That would mean upping the fat and reducing the carbs, getting rid of the wheat and dry milk and soy and other food-poisons, getting coconut milk powder instead, buckwheat, etc., all the while trying to maintain a certain caloric goal. Although in the times to come, we may not be able to entertain the luxury of choice in our foods. This list also doesn't include things like intermittent fasting, and I assume is predicated on a three-meals-a-day sort of model.

Food Storage Calculator results for 1 adult for 1 year:

TOTAL GRAINS: 300 pounds (Wheat, Flour, Corn Meal, Rice, Pasta, etc.)

TOTAL FATS &OILS: 13 pounds (Shortening, Veg. Oil, Peanut Butter, etc.)

TOTAL LEGUMES: 60 pounds (Dry Beans, Lima, Soy, Peas, Lentils, etc.)

TOTAL SUGARS: 60 pounds (Honey, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Molasses, Jams, etc.)

TOTAL DAIRY: 75 pounds (Dry Milk, etc.)

COOKING ESSENTIALS: (Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Yeast, Salt, Vinegar)

WATER: (at least 1-gallon per person per day)

No measurements for salt, etc. And it doesn't include meat! So meat can be added, reducing the carbs, especially that eye-popping 60 lbs of sugar. Its like prepping for some people is like getting ready for Hallowe'en!

This one does include meat - its a calculator where you can enter the age and number of your family members. Then you can get an idea of what it would take to live for a year without reliance a food supply chain. Included is a water calculation, too. A good 'what-if' mental exercise, with very practical applications.

Also, I noticed that there is no number for how many pounds of Romance Novels are needed. Any guesses? 50 lbs per year? 200?

Thanks for the list iamthatis. I have nowhere enough.. storage is also a problem, living in an apartment. I have slowly started to now increase, what now is a meager supply, while supplies are still available. I have some butter in the freezer, but planning on purchasing prepared ghee and some oils. I have some maple syrup as a sugar substitute, also a meager supply of buckwheat flour, figured I could make pancakes if we still have power. My problem is, I never shop in the middle isles of the grocery store, so will seriously start looking through the isles for useful products. I do have some large cans of dehydrated food.

My friend who has a health store also has some valuable medicinal items, such as dried dandelion root and leaf, all in mylar packaging, I understand that once opened and stored in an airtight jar, they maybe good for a year. Also she has large bags of himalayan salt (5lbs I think) not my preferred choice but for the price $20 seems like a good buy to me.

Will have to get busy.

Also forgot to mention I have a small Berkey (countertop) filtration system. I have never used it at this time, I purchased it several years ago. Thought it would come in handy if if water filtration becomes unpredictable.

Snip: Dated FEBRUARY 19, 2021
The world experienced a few centuries of apocalyptic conditions 42,000 years ago, triggered by a reversal of the Earth's magnetic poles combined with changes in the Sun's behavior. That's the key finding of our new multidisciplinary study, published in Science.

This last major geomagnetic reversal triggered a series of dramatic events that have far-reaching consequences for our planet. They read like the plot of a horror movie: the ozone layer was destroyed, electrical storms raged across the tropics, solar winds generated spectacular light shows (auroras), Arctic air poured across North America, ice sheets and glaciers surged and weather patterns shifted violently.

During these events, life on earth was exposed to intense ultraviolet light, Neanderthals and giant animals known as megafauna went extinct, while modern humans sought protection in caves.

The magnetic north pole—where a compass needle points to—does not have a permanent location. Instead, it usually wobbles around close to the geographic north pole—the point around which the Earth spins—over time due to movements within the Earth's core.

For reasons still not entirely clear, magnetic pole movements can sometimes be more extreme than a wobble. One of the most dramatic of these pole migrations took place some 42,000 years ago and is known as the Laschamps Excursion—named after the village where it was discovered in the French Massif Central.

The Laschamps Excursion has been recognized around the world, including most recently in Tasmania, Australia. But up until now, it has not been clear whether such magnetic changes had any impacts on climate and life on the planet. Our new work draws together multiple lines of evidence that strongly suggest the effects were indeed global and far-reaching.

Ancient trees
Snip:
"The kauri trees are like the Rosetta Stone, helping us tie together records of environmental change in caves, ice cores, and peat bogs around the world," says professor Alan Cooper, who co-lead this research project.

Using the newly-created timescale, we were able to show that tropical Pacific rain belts and the Southern Ocean westerly winds abruptly shifted at the same time, bringing arid conditions to places like Australia at the same time as a range of megafauna, including giant kangaroos and giant wombats went extinct. Further north, the vast Laurentide Ice Sheet rapidly grew across the eastern US and Canada, while in Europe the Neanderthals spiraled into extinction.

Climate modeling
Snip:
With essentially no magnetic field, our planet totally lost its very effective shield against cosmic radiation, and many more of these very penetrating particles from space could access the top of the atmosphere. On top of this, the Sun experienced several "grand solar minima" throughout this period, during which the overall solar activity was generally much lower but also more unstable, sending out numerous massive solar flares that allowed more powerful ionizing cosmic rays to reach Earth.

Our models showed that this combination of factors had an amplifying effect. The high energy cosmic rays from the galaxy and also enormous bursts of cosmic rays from solar flares were able to penetrate the upper atmosphere, charging the particles in the air and causing chemical changes that drove the loss of stratospheric ozone.

The Adams Event

Opinion

RT
Little Ice Age (LIA), climate interval that occurred from the early 14th century through the mid-19th century, when mountain glaciers expanded at several locations, including the European Alps, New Zealand, Alaska, and the southern Andes, and mean annual temperatures across the Northern Hemisphere declined by 0.6 °C (1.1 °F) relative to the average temperature between 1000 and 2000 ce. The term Little Ice Age was introduced to the scientific literature by Dutch-born American geologist F.E. Matthes in 1939. Originally the phrase was used to refer to Earth’s most recent 4,000-year period of mountain-glacier expansion and retreat. Today some scientists use it to distinguish only the period 1500–1850, when mountain glaciers expanded to their greatest extent, but the phrase is more commonly applied to the broader period 1300–1850. The Little Ice Age followed the Medieval Warming Period (roughly 900–1300 ce) and preceded the present period of warming that began in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Geographic Extent Information obtained from “proxy records” (indirect records of ancient climatic conditions, such as ice cores, cores of lake sediment and coral, and annual growth rings in trees) as well as historical documents dating to the Little Ice Age period indicate that cooler conditions appeared in some regions, but, at the same time, warmer or stable conditions occurred in others. For instance, proxy records collected from western Greenland, Scandinavia, the British Isles, and western North America point to several cool episodes, lasting several decades each, when temperatures dropped 1 to 2 °C (1.8 to 3.6 °F) below the thousand-year averages for those areas. However, these regional temperature declines rarely occurred at the same time. Cooler episodes also materialized in the Southern Hemisphere, initiating the advance of glaciers in Patagonia and New Zealand, but these episodes did not coincide with those occurring in the Northern Hemisphere. Meanwhile, temperatures of other regions of the world, such as eastern China and the Andes, remained relatively stable during the Little Ice Age. Still other regions experienced extended periods of drought, increased precipitation, or extreme swings in moisture. Many areas of northern Europe, for instance, were subjected to several years of long winters and short, wet summers, whereas parts of southern Europe endured droughts and season-long periods of heavy rainfall. Evidence also exists of multiyear droughts in equatorial Africa and Central and South Asia during the Little Ice Age. For these reasons the Little Ice Age, though synonymous with cold temperatures, can also be characterized broadly as a period when there was an increase in temperature and precipitation variability across many parts of the globe.

Also forgot to mention I have a small Berkey (countertop) filtration system. I have never used it at this time, I purchased it several years ago. Thought it would come in handy if if water filtration becomes unpredictable.

I have great well-water, so I never bothered with getting a good filter system. Not that it'd help if SHTF and you need to bug out for any reason.
For that reason, I don't really consider ceramic filters to be 'handy in an unpredictable situation. It's not like it'd fit in a bag. So my bug-out 'filtration' system is a 2 fl. oz. bottle of lugol's 10%.

That'd be good for what, nearly 100 gallons of murky water? I'd feel much safer with that than with a shatter-prone ceramic filter. Plus, it might provide critical supplementation at the moment you need it most...

I have great well-water, so I never bothered with getting a good filter system. Not that it'd help if SHTF and you need to bug out for any reason.
For that reason, I don't really consider ceramic filters to be 'handy in an unpredictable situation. It's not like it'd fit in a bag. So my bug-out 'filtration' system is a 2 fl. oz. bottle of lugol's 10%.

That'd be good for what, nearly 100 gallons of murky water? I'd feel much safer with that than with a shatter-prone ceramic filter. Plus, it might provide critical supplementation at the moment you need it most...

I do have some Lugols on hand if necessary.

There are multiple reasons why the nemesis hypothesis doesn't hold water. The key one you underline is the periodicity of the orbit. If the orbit is too short, there is no way to justify that it is so far out we cannot observe it. But if the orbit is in the millions of years, it does not serve as a factor to explain the short-phase catastrophe cycle.

Plus, that brown dwarf would be EM-inactive so that we do not observe it (and as per the assumed nature of a brown dwarf), and sufficiently far into the Oort cloud to not demonstrate orbital effects in the planetoids and Kuyper belt, yet it somehow would have to destabilize Sol's fairly powerful heliosphere (even for a G star), to the point of inducing geomagnetic jerks in the inner planets?

It obviously doesn't make any sense. It is still, sadly, quite popular, despite making the wildest unjustified claims of any hypothesis I've seen. The disparity in inner heliosphere disruption while no gravitational instability is detected in outer orbits would require some serious explaining.

Just because the Nemesis hypothesis doesn't explain the short-phase catastrophe cycles doesn't mean the hypothesis is without merit. I don't think anyone is saying that all cycles of catastrophes are solely caused by Nemesis - or are they? Is there enough room in the cosmos for Nemesis, and other causal agents of a shorter cataclysmic periodicity? Especially given the consciousness-based understanding of cosmic-maintenance, and human negative emotions attracting bombardments.

I'm wondering also about what you've written about the 'assumed EM-inactivity nature of a brown dwarf' as a descriptor for Nemesis... this seems to be the main premise on which your rejection of the Nemesis hypothesis is based. It seems be that you're saying that Nemesis is in dark mode (in terms of EM charge), and therefore could not be a threat.

The more massive the object, and the more negatively charged it is, the greater the charge differential between the object (Nemesis, in this hypothetical case) and Sol. And the greater this differential, the greater the discharge when it interacts with the sun's heliopause. So there are two factors - size and negative charge relative to Sol.

Nemsis' dark mode indicates low current density, yes. Nemesis is traversed by a current that is too weak to make it glow, it has low electric stress. But that doesn't mean that it has insufficient size, for instance, to induce geomagnetic jerks in the planets in the solar system. And my understanding that the lower the electric stress, the greater the discharge from Sol, and the greater effect on the planets. Yin and Yang. I think of it like this - Sol is overflowing with positive ions, and Nemesis presents a very large empty 'vessel' into which they will be naturally flow.

Also, as Pierre has written in Earth Changes, on p. 45, planetary alignments will add up the electric discharge potential of each planet. There's no telling how the planets will be aligned when (or if) Nemesis arrives.

And we've already seen lunar anomalous eccentricity, which is only explained by a massive object beyond Pluto (Earth Changes, p. 66). Nemesis, or something like it, is understood to be the best explainable causal factor.

So I don't see how there's any way you can claim to actually know Nemesis will come 'sufficiently far into the Oort cloud' and 'not demonstrate orbital effects'. Why do you think that is what will happen?

Greenland is having a fair bit of white this year: Surface Conditions: Polar Portal
1625413853633.png
From their Twitter account there is below, though why they use the word "Unsuggestive" is odd, or is it a way to say that we can't conclude anything or that it is nothing to be much concerned about?
1625414214985.png
And from Current Weather: Polar Portal one can notice that the temperatures are a few degrees colder than usual:
The melting season was a week late and the ablation was two weeks late:
1625414979358.png

Attachments

• 1625414367435.png
    1625414367435.png
    337.7 KB · Views: 2
Strong cooling from tomorrow and a little snow likely at altitude Thursday
The cold drop at the origin of the midweek cooling should bring us rain from tomorrow but also:
snow from 2700 / 2800m Thursday possibly lower due to the showers especially on the west and the center of the chain .

It is a real return in autumn which promises to be until Thursday afternoon with a drop of around 15 degrees in temperatures to 1500m and a 0 degree isotherm around 2800 / 3000m Thursday morning.

These episodes are common in June, and late August, less in recent years in July. The last significant episode at the beginning of July dates back to 2017 but it was a little earlier.

Without forgetting the episode of August 9 and 10, 2017, much rarer and more important, especially in Andorra (photo above) where it had snowed up to 2200 / 2300m.

Note a strong tramontane blow Thursday> 100km / h in gusts….
In short, cover yourself!

The Cascade de Gavarnie, 422m high in total, the highest waterfall in the massif we have already lost more than 10 degrees, and tomorrow evening the 0 degree isotherm should drop further to 2900 / 3100m with a few flakes probable
@florian .riou #pyrenees#bigorre

Greenland is having a fair bit of white this year: Surface Conditions: Polar Portal

I’m Going to the Hills, I’m tired of Paying Bills
A recent episode of Mini Ice Age Conversations Radio Program from (STUDIO A 10pm-Midnight) on Revolution Radio. Ransom Godwin from 420TVFreedomistFilms1776 YouTube Channel and David DuByne from ADAPT 2030 discuss skills you will need after power is disrupted. Thinking beyond stored foods to long term systems to save seed and preserve foods you grow or trade like previous generations did.

Anthony Sharwood, Tuesday July 6, 2021 - 17:59 EST

It was 3.6°C at midday, and things didn't get much better after that, as the nation's capital shivered its way to a top of just 6.3°C at 3:22 pm on Tuesday.

That made it Canberra's coldest day in 12 years.

Canberra's average maximum in July is 12.8°C. For a daily maximum to fall more than a couple of degrees short of that, fog is usually the culprit.

And that's indeed what happened today. Fog was present in the morning, but it didn’t dissipate as it usually does around mid-morning and reveal a sunny afternoon that warms rapidly.

Instead, it lifted only a few hundred metres around lunchtime, then sat across the city as a layer of low misty cloud, a bit like a wet blanket.

"A combination of cold air, light winds and high relative humidity caused fog and low cloud to limit daytime heating over the northern half of the ACT well into Tuesday afternoon," Weatherzone meteorologist Ben Domensino explained.

The cloud can be clearly seen in the northern half of the ACT on the satellite image above.

For those living and working in Canberra, the chill in the air was miserable, even in the afternoon.

"The cold was so bitey it had sharp fangs," Canberra resident Bradley Roche told Weatherzone. "Usually these foggy days warm up in the afternoon, but not today."

Colder down low than up high!

In one of the most interesting temperature anomalies we here at Weatherzone have seen in a while, the southern Canberra town centre of Tuggeranong recorded a maximum colder than Mt Ginini, high in the Brindabella Ranges.
  • Tuggeranong reached just 5.8°C, while Mt Ginini notched a maximum of 6.0°C.
  • Tuggeranong sits in the valley at 586 metres, while Mt Ginini is way up high at 1760 metres.
  • Normally, you'd expect a location 1200 metres higher to be about 10 degrees colder. And that's how it was on Monday, when the max in Tuggeranong was 12.8°C while Mt Ginini reached 2.9°C.
  • But today's low cloud in Canberra totally inverted the equation while sun shone up high in the Brindabellas.
READ OUR STORY ON MT GININI, AUSTRALIA’S LONELIEST LITTLE MOUNTAIN WEATHER STATION HERE

There's the chance of fog in Canberra again tomorrow morning, but things should warm up to a top of 12°C under sunny skies, after an overnight low of -3°C with frosts.

Back
Top Bottom