GameStop Rebellion: Retail Traders Take on Wall Street Hedge Funds

In addition to reiterating and expanding on several of the points already understood about market manipulation, rules for thee but not for me, etc. - Tucker takes this a step further and exposes how Critical Race Theory (yet again) gets used by the media and PTB to deflect and distract from what's actually being revealed. So it seems as though the subject of race (or any number of other subjects linked to identity politics) just gets trotted out to "explain" or re-direct the attention of the news consumer whenever parts of the system are being shown for their predatory nature, or in a more objective light.

Another great report by Carlson. Stretching the context back to Occupy Wall Street in 2011 is important. As Carlson pointed out, that began as a 'populist revolt', before being overtaken and divided by identity politics. Similarly, Tim Pool recently said he experienced as much first hand when he was down there in Zucotti Park in 2011/2012. The conversations there gradually transformed from 'the banksters must pay' to 'so much racism everywhere' and 'my personal rights' and other narcisscisstic 'MeToo' side issues.

There's a pattern here: if OWS was a 'left populist' revolt, then identity politics was the system countering it by running it off the rails.

Then came the Tea Party revolt, which was 'bought out' by the Koch Brothers, but gave way to a more pronounced 'right populist' revolt in the form of Trump's election. And that too was 'run off the rails' - in part thanks to the QAnon psy-op, in part to the naivety of his followers, culminating in Trump's 'disgrace' at Capitol Hill on January 6th.

Now that that's done, just one week into the New (Old) Normal, an organic 'stay-at-home revolt' trips CorpGov into very publicly pulling back the curtain to protect Wall Street speculators - and almost everyone, left and right, is (momentarily?) reunited - for the first time since OWS began an entire decade ago.

You better believe it. Let's hope everyone stays on course and sit this out through the end. Hold the line and don't sell. Or at least, keep some on it.

Bjorn, how would one be able to get in on the action? I’m in Croatia, so EU. What would be the best way to play in the market a bit. It would be cool if there was one platform to trade in stock, precious metals and crypto at the same time. Thanks

Another great report by Carlson. Stretching the context back to Occupy Wall Street in 2011 is important. As Carlson pointed out, that began as a 'populist revolt', before being overtaken and divided by identity politics. Similarly, Tim Pool recently said he experienced as much first hand when he was down there in Zucotti Park in 2011/2012. The conversations there gradually transformed from 'the banksters must pay' to 'so much racism everywhere' and 'my personal rights' and other narcisscisstic 'MeToo' side issues.

There's a pattern here: if OWS was a 'left populist' revolt, then identity politics was the system countering it by running it off the rails.

Then came the Tea Party revolt, which was 'bought out' by the Koch Brothers, but gave way to a more pronounced 'right populist' revolt in the form of Trump's election. And that too was 'run off the rails' - in part thanks to the QAnon psy-op, in part to the naivety of his followers, culminating in Trump's 'disgrace' at Capitol Hill on January 6th.

Now that that's done, just one week into the New (Old) Normal, an organic 'stay-at-home revolt' trips CorpGov into very publicly pulling back the curtain to protect Wall Street speculators - and almost everyone, left and right, is (momentarily?) reunited - for the first time since OWS began an entire decade ago.
Devil's advocate here.. did OWS unite people? That's not how I remember it? It was a sh!tshow from what I recall. I do like this GameStop takedown though. And I very much like and appreciate you and Joe. Even though I can be disagreeable, I think that, generally, you guys sober me up and introduce a better pattern to think about certain topics. But you're a polisci guy and OWS was a disaster 😘🤡

Bjorn, how would one be able to get in on the action? I’m in Croatia, so EU. What would be the best way to play in the market a bit. It would be cool if there was one platform to trade in stock, precious metals and crypto at the same time. Thanks
Careful. In an STS world, how likely is is that a bunch of peeps that call themselves wallstreetboys have your best interests in mind?

Caveat Emptor - Are You A WSB 'Useful Idiot'?

I have been monitoring the WSB threads, and while the WSB veterans know that they're making a suicide charge for the memes, they have brought thousands of naive, new investors with them - who predominantly think that they're going to somehow come out on top, not realizing that they're cannon fodder for the more savvy WSB users to exit with gains.

Redditors never seem to stop and think about why the WSB guys know so much about derivatives trading.

Or how they seem to know how to access and read from a Bloomberg Terminal.

Or why there are so many users there that can seemingly drop tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars on complicated meme plays.

How do you think that WSB knew that GME was open to a short squeeze and a gamma squeeze play?

WSB's power users are younger finance bros. It's 30-something investment bankers and portfolio managers memeing with each other a. cosplaying as "autists."

If you didn't know what a gamma squeeze was 48 hours ago, you are their exit strategy and the down payment on their next Porsche.

I admit I do not know a whole lot about the stock market, but I find it odd that people think they are going to beat the system with their money by giving the system their money. The house always wins.

Yes, indictment of the entire system. That’s what they’ve been saying all along. See how Klaus was a visionary from the get go? He told us capitalism was rotten, and here’s the proof. Good for us that Klaus thought about this very deeply and he has a solution. All we have to do is let him take the reigns.
It's sort of an easy ploy. After all, who doesn't see that things are out of whack. A reset of some kind does make sense. The problem is, we all have STS ideas of what such a reset should entail. I'll bet a lot of folks here want some form of gold-standard, more decentralization of enterprise, curtailing of trans-national corporate influence, etc. Others want centralized, planned economy.

Same can be said for plans for environmental causes, health care reform, social issues. There are clearly problems in all those areas. Who is qualified to solve them for the world? Nobody in this STS realm. Period.

I'll keep posting it here, there and everywhere. To expect justice in this 3D STS realm is utterly foolish. In fact, it's not even a bad thing to know, or at least no worse than knowing algebra, or proper diction and grammar, or the periodic chart. They are simply topics to master, not problems to solve. So it is with this 3D STS realm. Learn what you can from it and move on is the only solution to a non-problem.

Are we here, at least on this forum, to solve the world's problems? Or are we hear to learn from the Cs about the nature of this world/realm in order to learn and grow out of it?

My new pressure canner arrived. Hooray!

My old one somehow managed to vanish. I don't know for sure, but I suspect... My last, mentally unsound roommate looked at it with naked revulsion. He didn't like to think about what a pressure canner represented. It was like a wet blanket on his comfy dreams of endless plenty, I guess. Isn't that amazing? -That some people would rather shoot the messenger and wreck their stuff rather consider doing something about the thing which forms the basis of their fears.

"There is nothing more dangerous than a weak man. -They'll throw out your pressure canner when you're not looking." ~Jordan Peterson, probably.

Anyway, it might be a good time to remind folks that you can't eat crypto; not without a power grid anyway, and internet access. You think weak men aren't capable of turning off the web? Of shutting down your cell phone apps? Of suspending your ISP privileges? If you're using your phone to trade, then at some point, all your Bitcoin are belong to us.

But you can always trade in basic staples. (Well, those can be seized too, but at least it takes the authorities some boots-on-the-ground effort. And you can still eat when the power is out.)

I was reading more of that Rappaport piece from twenty years ago where he was interviewing a propaganda/mind-control and came across this...

~~~~~~~~~~

"A: I’ll give you one in a minute. But do you see what I’m driving at? You can sit
there and say, “Who the hell cares about time, who cares about pace?” You can [missing line]
intrinsic to all human experience that you can’t ignore it. It’s THERE. If we’re too
stupid and “practical” to delve into it, we are the ones who lose. Because other
people are thinking about it. And those people are trying to control us. If you shed
your stupidity for a moment and think about all the big run‐ups in the stock market,
the news covers that with speed. A speed that exceeds our normal internal sense of
pace. Filled with anxiety, we search around for a solution to that feeling of anxiety.

See? And the obvious solution is GET ON THE BANDWAGON. INVEST. BUY IN.
TAKE THE RIDE."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, that by itself doesn't mean anything. So following is the lead-in context, which I'd recommend reading.

I am by not convinced that what we are witnessing is entirely grassroots or organic. Call me overly conspiratorial if you will, but I think it behooves us to be cautious in our readings of reality right now. There is no forum to hold a mirror to this forum, so please allow me to be the idiot saying possibly stupid things. I'm happy to be a fool if it helps in the end:

From page 116-120

A: Now I’m giving you the background on that. Psychological warfare is the
operative term here. Time and motion studies like you’ve never heard of before.

Q: Time and motion studies?

A: When I say the cartels want to control lives, I’m talking about minute to minute
in the long run. What are people thinking? How can their thoughts be controlled?
How can their moods be controlled? How can their sense of time be controlled? It’s
all about WORLD shaping. Time shaping.

Q: You talked about time last week. The creation of time through propaganda.

A: Yes. Let’s take that one step further. Pace.

Q: Pace?

A: Pace and tempo. The media can present stories so that time seems to be moving
fast or moving slow. More fast or more slow than the usual human sense of time. In
either case the result is human anxiety, because the human internal clock tends to
have an acceptable pace, an acceptable velocity. If you exceed that pace, or
underplay that pace, the human being gets nervous. He gets thrown off. He thinks
something is wrong. He thinks there is a problem, and he fishes around for a
solution to that problem.

Q: Even though he doesn’t know what the problem is?

A: (laughs) Yes. When you make people hungry for solutions, they unconsciously
look to the authorities for answers of all kinds. You know the famous unofficial
slogan of the military. “Hurry up and wait.” Well, think about that. You get people to
rush for no good reason, and then they wait around for no good reason, and what
happens? You have trained subjects now who are conditioned to look to their
leaders for all the orders, all the answers. It works. In fact, it works better if the
problem is never really articulated. Which is what happens when you get a full
media dose every day of the news. There is something wrong with this news, if you
look closely at it. It’s too fast, and it’s too slow. The anchors and other people
develop, unconsciously, a method of delivering the news—and the editors and
others who tape it—also develop a weird style of rushing or slowing down the news.
Both. This sets people a little on edge. They are primed for answers, for slogans, for
official assurances.

Q: Most of this is unconscious on the media’s part?

A: To produce an anxiety for answers, for solutions. This is all based on military research
into the reactions of soldiers and civilians too.
Hurry up and wait. You see this in
corporate management styles too. Pressure people to produce meaningless work
for unnecessary deadlines. Then have them sit around doing very little. Fast and
slow. Work on that internal sense of human time and pace, and quicken it and slow
it down—for no really good rational reason. This creates anxiety, and questions
with no answers, and a heightened sense of: Give me an answer to ANYTHING and
I’ll take it. Just wrap up this anxiety in a ribbon and I’ll buy it. I’ll buy the answer.

Q: You were telling me earlier about the Afghanistan war as a news story.

A: Yes. First of all, realize that ANY news story can be made fast or slow. Any story
can be shaped that way. Any story can be fleshed out into a thousand details or it
can be shrunk to a one‐liner. So a story to begin with is a flexible reality. It can be
dealt with in an infinite number of ways. The war in Afghanistan could be made into
a slam‐bang thrill a minute deal, or it can be made into a slow tale with a new detail
every 12 hours. The war doesn’t dictate that. The people who create the story do
that. In the case of this war, this was shaped from the beginning as a slow story. I’m
not just talking about media access being slim and the Pentagon holding back facts.
I’m talking about pace. The pace has been made to be slow.

Q: That’s true. Why?

A: Because a slow story makes people want MORE.

Q: More war, in this case.

A: Yes. More action. It creates a desire for more war as the solution to a slow war.
Which is exactly the plan, and not just in Afghanistan. In other countries “that
harbor terrorists.”

Q: So literally, the people who are really shaping this story are pacing themselves,
as they say.

A: Damn right. And that makes people want more. More war becomes the solution
to the anxiety produced by the sensation of a slow war. [read that last sentence a
few more times] Which lines up exactly with the political agenda from the cartels.
Stretch out this “war against terrorism.”

Q: The anthrax OP was that way too.

A: Sort of. It started with a bang. Then it slowed down. Then it sped up again.
Then it slowed down. I could graph it for you. Again, YOU HAVE TO REALIZE THAT
THE ANTHRAX THING COULD HAVE BEEN PRESENTED AS A HARROWING THRILL‐
A‐MINUTE TALE. You see? It could have been done that way. Every story is
infinitely flexible in that way. But time is created with a certain pace, or changing

pace, to get people on edge where they will accept without question the answers or
solutions from, in this case, the medical cartel.

Q: What about Watergate?

A: Aha. A perfect example. I would call that one the “gathering steam” approach.
Enron is shaping up to be that way too. Sort of. A flurry. Then a slowdown. Then a
gathering speed‐up. With Watergate, you had these two rookie reporters who were
being managed, without their knowledge, by Ben Bradlee and other people. Bradlee,
the editor of the Washington Post, would never have let these two kids loose on a
story that could destroy his paper’s reputation if they got it wrong. In fact, there
was a whole lot of information available fairly soon after the break‐in. There were
dozens of good leads. But the Post broke the whole thing slowly. Then, after a point,
the stories started breaking every week and then every day. The pace was
monitored. The pace was intentional. At every step, the idea was to exceed or
underplay the innate average time‐pace of the human being. This is a principle of
information warfare. As I said last week, this actually gets us into philosophy and
deep psychology, but most people are too lazy to go there.

Q: Of course, a lot of people would say that the way Watergate broke open was the
result of the Post being cautious about getting the details confirmed and all that.

A: Don’t you think I know that? That’s not the way it really works at the highest
levels. You have to see this in levels. Do you want a good operational definition of a
reporter?

Q: Sure.

A: A reporter is a person who has had his own sense of internal time and pace
tinkered with for so long that he works from that artificial platform in everything he
does. He unconsciously turns out material in such a way that it will speed up or
slow down the public’s innate sense of pace. That is really what a reporter does at
the level I am talking about. If you can digest that, you’re half way there to seeing
the REAL mind control at work here. Do you know how I know that about
reporters? Because I dealt with them for many years. I worked with them through
intermediaries most of the time. And I played on their sense of time. I messed with
them to the hilt. I would give them too little, and then I would give them too much.
And that made them into mind‐control subjects for me. I would extend their already
artificial sense of time and pace. I would stretch it. And that would make them
anxious, and they would instinctively look for solutions to quell that anxiety. And
the primary solution would be what I was offering: MORE INFORMATION. That is
the game. I discovered that, and I played it. I remember once I just broke off all
communication with a reporter. I left town. I took a vacation. I disappeared for two
whole weeks. And then when I came back, I flooded him with more than he could
handle. And then I stopped everything. Now—you don’t have to tell me—I know
this looks like something else. It looks like I’m just holding him on the string with
information alone, or the lack of it. It looks I’m talking about feeding and then not

realized it was all about time. Time and pace. That’s the fundamental thing here.
The rate of information flow was the true factor. The less obvious and more
powerful thing is time. You create someone else’s sense of time. Speed it up. Slow it
down. You’ll see what I mean. You know all those Papal edicts and rules and
announcements you can trace down through time issued from the Vatican? Well,
those pieces of information were playing to the crowd of the pros, the Church pros,
the priests and bishops and so on. These edicts were creating their sense of time for
them. That’s the reality of it. We are told by popular historians that the Middle Ages
were a slow period. And that the Renaissance was a fast period. That’s all bunk.
That’s just the way these “news stories” have been presented. You see? With
different senses of time, of pace.

Q: Now, you’re not undervaluing the effect of just telling people lies.

A: Of course not! That’s what I DID for a lot of years. Let me draw you a little map
here. First you have a human being, and you have the world, and most of the world
the human being never sees. He knows very, very little about the world. So you get
propagandists, and their job is to create a virtual world that sits, as Walter
Lippmann once said, between the person and the real world. When you fill that
virtual space with lies, you produce a false picture of the world. Obviously. But in
order to make that happen, to make that virtual creation LAST, you must create time
lines of events, and every event must produce in the audience an emotion. THAT’S
how you create a sense of time in the person, in the human being, in the audience. A
false sense of time, because it comes from outside the person—and because it’s
filled with lies. And now I’m adding another factor, which is PACE. The pace of time.
Too fast, too slow. That is how you get that anxiety in the audience which makes
them instinctively want a SOLUTION, and they don’t really know what solution to
what damn problem they are looking for. Some of the time they do, but a lot of the
time they don’t. On this level of PACE, they are completely in the dark. So they are
“tuned up” to look for answers, and they are going to get those answers from the
people who are hired to do that. Their leaders. The leaders are pawns and dupes of
the cartels. The cartel answers are always in the direction of less freedom and more
control. Okay? See, I could produce a daily news show for TV which would give the
audience the basic facts of the news every day, and I could arrange it so that the
show produces about 1/1000 the amount of anxiety that regular news shows do. I
could pace the news so that it more or less tracks with the person’s own innate
sense of pace, and that way the result would be a general sense of calm. Of course, if
I did that, it would also allow the audience to THINK, and very quickly they would
grasp the real issues, and they would grasp the fact that there are certain choices—
REAL CHOICES—which could begin to eliminate the problems in this world of ours.
The news as we know it forestalls that. There are other techniques involved as well.

Q: Such as?

A: I’ll give you one in a minute. But do you see what I’m driving at? You can sit
there and say, “Who the hell cares about time, who cares about pace?” You can
intrinsic to all human experience that you can’t ignore it. It’s THERE. If we’re too
stupid and “practical” to delve into it, we are the ones who lose. Because other
people are thinking about it. And those people are trying to control us. If you shed
your stupidity for a moment and think about all the big run‐ups in the stock market,
the news covers that with speed. A speed that exceeds our normal internal sense of
pace. Filled with anxiety, we search around for a solution to that feeling of anxiety.
See? And the obvious solution is GET ON THE BANDWAGON. INVEST. BUY IN.
TAKE THE RIDE.
Okay. Here is another news technique. Its purpose is to confuse
us, to befuddle us, to makes us feel that we can’t get a handle on REAL solutions that
actually work. Disjunction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pacing of the last two/three weeks of news cycle has really stood out for me as weirdly accelerated; I've sat there and thought, "This is weird!" So when I ran across this piece talking about exactly that, pacing of news as a deliberate control surface, it stood out.

I think it is possible that there is a major manipulation going on right now, and that what we think is happening is NOT happening as we are projecting it in our minds.

Am I being a total fool here? Am I over-thinking?

Maybe. Let me know if I sound nuts. (I've been called in to do some really late nights at work recently, with my sleep schedule interrupted. So it may be that.)
This post is very good thank you. This puts into words what I have felt. Also not only anxiety but fear is used too...Pictures of people in China reportedly dropping dead on the sidewalks from Covid and these images pictures on our news station in US was propaganda communistic bullshit and struck fear deep inside people...We or at least I haven seen that type of propaganda in my 28+yrs of watching TV and the US purposely allowed that in. Ppl didn’t know what to do with this fear and still don’t this also makes them anxious and look for answers.

I remember when Biden said during I think the second debate “Its going to be a long Dark cold winter” this relates to your post of time and pace..long and cold gives slow pace giving anxiety and wanting to find solution to a problem. But 40% of the US isn’t in a cold climate and those that are know what winter is. I sometimes think of him saying that and think.... what a dick saying that...Like saying you have a long steep hill on your walk home...but you walk it every day .... makes me think what are you trying to sell me... politics are all psychological/mind games like sales... personally I rather not be involved but be able to recognize it is important

It won't last forever but in the maintime you can do well for yourself. Nothing wrong with that unless it becomes a obsession. Just don't spend a crazy amount on this.

I wouldn't get too confident in investing in these trending stocks and crypto's. It seems all populist movements at some point get infiltrated and manipulated by the PTB. The hedge funds will be adjusting their tactics and could've even decided to buy Doge coin and GME before it went up 100's of %, and will be happy to sell it off now to everyone high on the spirit of 'sticking it to the man'.

On the other hand the crypto space had record numbers of new accounts created on exchanges, potentially by people who seen the corruption first hand in the stock market, and are looking for a more decentralized way of trading. This makes the 'DeFi' coins in crypto particularly interesting, but these markets are still extremely volatile and risky. If you're new to trading and putting any money in, it shouldn't be more than you would lose sleep over if it went down by 90% over night, IMO.

For stocks and shares, you just need an account on a platform like Robinhood. There's many others. Just Google and check out user reviews to see what takes your fancy.

Caveats - buying and selling is not free. You pay the broker through the app / platform for each transaction. You also pay for exchange rates if you're buying something held in a different currency.

Also opening an account is not like opening a Facebook account. These things are regulated so you need to give lots of personal information and send in a form of identification... Usually a photo of your passport or something like that. To also trade US stocks if you aren't in the US, there's another form you must fill out, I forget the name. So anyways, there's a whole process to go through to get in the platform and set up your account before you can actually buy anything.

Right, it goes without saying once you start buying stuff, you can lose money if whatever you bought goes down in price compared to what you paid. You also need to pay attention to exchange rates. So for example, if you're buying shares worth £100, you'll pay like £10 for the transaction and like £2 for currency exchange (just an example). So you're already on £88 and you paid £100. To make money you obviously need the share price to increase so that a) you get from £88 back £100 and b) get from £100 to wherever which is the profit (but then selling will cost you like £10 for the transaction and like £2 for the currency exchange). Usually you don't want to spend too low as the initial gap is too high %wise. If you spend £1000 for the same thing, you'll start at £988 and the distance to break even at £1000 is less compared to the distance between £88 and £100. I hope that made sense!

Anyways, that's on stocks and shares. There's other things you can trade in these apps but they are RISKY as hell where if things go against you, you're actually on the hook to pay a lot more than you put in.

Anyways, moving on, I'm not sure how one trades precious metals. Maybe someone else knows.

For cryptos you need to set up an account on an exchange like coinbase for example. I haven't gone through this process as I'm still hesitant on cryptos. I think someone like @psychegram might know more. Maybe he can educate us, I'd be keen to learn too.

In any case @Revolucionar, in these things it's worth noting the risk of losing money is pronounced compared to just having your money in a savings account or in a house for example. My advise is, unless you're some form of enthusiast and someone who is willing to spend hours researching, learning and tracking things, it's probably quite risky. Also, as they say, sometimes you need to have that personality of being a risk taker and just jump in but this is a double edged sword. You can lose, very quickly. So it needs to be measured.

Also, don't follow the crowd. It's a bad idea. The crowd doesn't have your best interests at heart. You want to do things off your own back, not because others are doing it. By all means watch and see what others are doing but don't be led like a sheep.

Anyways that's my amateur advise.

Theory: This whole market panic and directed herding toward crypto currencies is a tailored adventure ride designed to shift the population and economy into a global digitally controlled zone. You want to buy stuff? Forget cash! What's your phone number?

And people are falling over themselves to make the transition! The government or some cutout will likely step in with a pre-conceived crypto control board of some sort; (I gather there are prototype systems well beyond testing), and people will accept whatever measures are advanced because they're all adrenalized and stupid and scared right now.

This whole thing would be a genius maneuver, from an evil overlord perspective.

But hey, power to the people, right? Reddit has never been a hotbed of anonymous influenceers infiltrated by any sneaky forces, right? And after all, manipulations only ever happened in the past, back when the population was naive and foolish. Advertising and public relations? Those don't work today. Pshaw! We're smart now! Not like those idiots from last year. (Trust Biden or Trust the 'Plan'. And who was left over exactly? A few; a slice of America blinking at the madness and hoping to survive.)

It's a tough one, though. The economy has always been broken and evil in its foundation, so it's inevitable that it should come down at some point. I'm just not sure there is a smart way to surf the avalanche.

For stocks and shares, you just need an account on a platform like Robinhood. There's many others. Just Google and check out user reviews to see what takes your fancy.

Caveats - buying and selling is not free. You pay the broker through the app / platform for each transaction. You also pay for exchange rates if you're buying something held in a different currency.

Also opening an account is not like opening a Facebook account. These things are regulated so you need to give lots of personal information and send in a form of identification... Usually a photo of your passport or something like that. To also trade US stocks if you aren't in the US, there's another form you must fill out, I forget the name. So anyways, there's a whole process to go through to get in the platform and set up your account before you can actually buy anything.

Right, it goes without saying once you start buying stuff, you can lose money if whatever you bought goes down in price compared to what you paid. You also need to pay attention to exchange rates. So for example, if you're buying shares worth £100, you'll pay like £10 for the transaction and like £2 for currency exchange (just an example). So you're already on £88 and you paid £100. To make money you obviously need the share price to increase so that a) you get from £88 back £100 and b) get from £100 to wherever which is the profit (but then selling will cost you like £10 for the transaction and like £2 for the currency exchange). Usually you don't want to spend too low as the initial gap is too high %wise. If you spend £1000 for the same thing, you'll start at £988 and the distance to break even at £1000 is less compared to the distance between £88 and £100. I hope that made sense!

Anyways, that's on stocks and shares. There's other things you can trade in these apps but they are RISKY as hell where if things go against you, you're actually on the hook to pay a lot more than you put in.

Anyways, moving on, I'm not sure how one trades precious metals. Maybe someone else knows.

For cryptos you need to set up an account on an exchange like coinbase for example. I haven't gone through this process as I'm still hesitant on cryptos. I think someone like @psychegram might know more. Maybe he can educate us, I'd be keen to learn too.

In any case @Revolucionar, in these things it's worth noting the risk of losing money is pronounced compared to just having your money in a savings account or in a house for example. My advise is, unless you're some form of enthusiast and someone who is willing to spend hours researching, learning and tracking things, it's probably quite risky. Also, as they say, sometimes you need to have that personality of being a risk taker and just jump in but this is a double edged sword. You can lose, very quickly. So it needs to be measured.

Also, don't follow the crowd. It's a bad idea. The crowd doesn't have your best interests at heart. You want to do things off your own back, not because others are doing it. By all means watch and see what others are doing but don't be led like a sheep.

Anyways that's my amateur advise.
Thanks for that, SOTTREADER. I was really more curious about it than really seriously considering getting into it. I said before that I think it's an STS trap, getting into the market. At least it would be for me, as I know I would obsess about it and become very emotional regardless of which way things go, up or down. I don't think I'm able to just put the money in and not care about what happens, even if it's a small amount.
The whole fees structure is enough to get me turned off the entire thing, plus the personal info, taxation and all that jazz, it's just not worth the bother.
I never got into cryptos even while I had friends making some not negligible money at one time off of Bitcoin. It was always all too cryptic (excuse the bad pun, but I just had to) for me. I still don't get it and it makes no sense to me whatsoever. I find that fiat currency holds more real value than cryptos. I might be wrong, but that's just my gut feeling. It's worth something because people believe it's worth something. I'll never understand how that came about in the first place, but there you go.
Anyway, I wish good luck to all who are sticking it to the man on stockmarket, even though I think that this will so easily be used as a perfect excuse to further the Great Reset agenda.
Wait and see, but it all sure is very conveniently timed, isn't it? Fun times ahead.
In the meantime, I hope they fleece the bastards to the bone.

I think someone like @psychegram might know more. Maybe he can educate us, I'd be keen to learn too.

Not really. I'm an observer, not a participant. Interested in learning more myself, though, as I'm getting more than a little nervous about the possibility of hyperinflation and crypto does seem like a good way to protect my modest assets.

Back
Top Bottom