I wear a mask or not for the purchase of my food -My question for the moment- What is your opinion ?

I have to wear the mask while working 12-14 hours a day on open terrace with air temperatures +32 °C, or no job. But I just put it around the neck and play "stupid".

If I go to the store, bank or post office I have plastic mask covering, a bit "trimmed" on the sides for more air. Can't use them while working because it's foggy in 2-3 seconds.

Eco-Sanitary-Transparent-Reusable-Clear-Plastic-Face-Mask-for-Food-Service.jpg

In the restaurant where I work (in the kitchen) we have to wear a mask but only on the neck. The owner allowed us this way, probably because he works with us and he realizes that is impossible to work under the masks. I have tried to use the mask but I felt like I'm killing my self. I work near the two owen, one 350C and another one 330C and the heat is already there ;-) . I feel blessed that the owner is aware that all this coronavirus stuff is BS.
In the market I wear a mask on my neck and if someone warns me I put it on my mouth and nose. But I do wear mask where ever I go. I respect the "rules" but I tried to avoid every time I see I can.

At work it has been interesting, I have a boss who loves to be loved and so jumped on the “compassionate” bus, he’s been enforcing it to most people, but not on me, some of us protested that we’re getting headaches and so we’re not required to wear them at our desks and people naturally (even if they’re for them) have gradually expanded the definition of “my desk” where I’d say most wear a mask 40% of the time or less and mostly when the boss is in, certainly not as often when there’s a trip to the printer.

Not that this would work (is working or has been done), however in most all country/business: not so much for small businesses although it all still applies, and this does not speak for the public, there are rights and regulatory laws and Acts that apply if one is governed under occupational safety legal frameworks (pretty standard in the west - OSHA et cetera). So if one complains that x, y or z is affecting their health, such as "headaches" - legally workers have a right to refuse unsafe conditions, and those conditions must be investigated. A determination of the facts must take place. If there is a joint health and safety committee like this in the US with OSHA law's (which is also typical for larger size businesses), the committee of workers with management must investigate and determine an outcome. If the outcome is not acceptable, they can then go outside for arbitration. If it is a union, workers can launch grievances (companies hate grievances) if actions are not taken. Thus, unions and workers might utilize the very laws of health and safety against these draconian measures, measures built upon sand.

Here are framework examples from the UK, France, Germany, Spain and the very EU - "health and safety at work: general rights and obligations, workplaces, work equipment, specific risks and vulnerable workers."

As said prior, occupational hygiene Standards are pregnant with the do's and don'ts - all backed up by the very science that is being ignored as opposed to what the authorities have stitched together in fear and policies - and they know it. What happens when Health orders or state governor orders hit the wall of workers 'rights to refuse' under law? This is an open question and many legal lawyers (no offense) are often poorly equipped when it comes to occupational law as it is just not generally in their domain to know each point of said laws, thankfully some do. I've not seen challenges yet.

Whatever the case, though, all this would cause friction and a legal tug of war (and perhaps force the press), and the authorities de jour can't produce anything scientific for workers that supports their mask version (other than hospital/healthcare settings for some types of masks that reduces spreading certain pathogens). Thus, if your work mandates a mask (that has no Standards - and against a virus they don't) and it results in unsafe distractions (hearing, seeing, talking) and of course headaches from low 02 (which can be tested) that can cause serious bodily injury and this is a big problem they cannot simply ignore, although they will try - and are currently being successful, and this is where employers can then take it back to the authorities and put it in their faces. Then what? The more they do it the more it opens up. Step by step, country by country, business by business; not that I'm hopeful.

So again, if one is under occupational law and a worker raises a valid concern for their health and it is dismissed, or they are dismissed from their job, this gets into discrimination, a whole other kettle of fish.

The trick is to get enough people to engage in the process and challenge the dictates through their committees using their rights, using the very laws and scientific and occupational information to back them up against unscientific state orders (people here already know the WHO et cetera have walked back and forth on this subject and have no credibility).

OSHA No Your Rights

Under federal law, you are entitled to a safe workplace. Your employer must provide a workplace free of known health and safety hazards. If you have concerns, you have the right to speak up about them without fear of retaliation.

If masks come for me in my workplace, the first thing i will do is lodge a health hazard complaint and refuse; not all can do this it is realized, yet some can without reprisal. Every study can be used to back up the complaint knowing they have nothing except a separate state order that conflicts with occupational laws. Someone will have to rule on it.

Recently a bylaw was passed in my city, making masks mandatory, but there are exemptions
"2. (a) The policy shall include the following exemptions from the requirement to wear a Mask or Face Covering:
(1) children under two years of age;

Read it is now the same, or will be in Calgary, Alberta - had read there that it included children over 2 also. Good god. Mommy and daddy masking their children at such young ages. Insanity.

One other thing noticed, which needs to be looked into more, which is that there are changes being made - written into policies and Acts on the presumption clause. This is for California, yet it looks to be spreading like virus 'cases':

The order streamlines workers’ compensation claims and establishes a rebuttable presumption that any essential workers infected with COVID-19 contracted the virus on the job, Newsom said. In effect, the change shifts the burden of proof that typically falls on workers and instead requires companies or insurers to prove that the employees didn’t get sick at work.

This will move outside 'essential workers' to any workers, and employer groups are not happy, obviously. Now think of it this way, what happens when a vaccine come out? The state might well force employers to ensure their workers don't get sick, and to do that they must be vaccinated, the only game in town. They could also say to employers that you cannot let the public in without controls as they may spread disease. When faced with a presumption clause what are employers going to do? Tricky, and like I said, don't know yet.

From the comments section of this sott article:

Transcribed by Nada:

Now, when it's all..it's all but disappeared, It's gone, it's gone! They're now bringing in compulsory masks and the reason for that is they need visible evidence of terror. They need to create a visibility of the terror that they want to inculcate in the people...and that's why this is so important to them. These are really sinister people we're dealing with now. These are people that we previously thought of as people of our own kind. These politicians. We thought. Well we have to start thinking of them now as alien beings, as hostile beings to the Irish people. They are the enemies of the Irish people.

Clearly they are intent because the mask is a way of denying the very human face of the person. It is a way of taking away the individual unique humanity of each person and turning us all into zombies and restoring us to a kind of animal state. So that we no longer will look at each other coming down the street as Tom or Mick or Mary. My friend, my sister, my brother but instead as a ..as a festering mess of bacteria and viruses which is a danger to my health. OOOOOOOH! you know, I have to get out of the way!

This is what they're turning the human person into with this whole thing. This is..I'm not saying that our people are responsible for thinking this up. They don't have the brains for that or anything but this is what they're implementing. This is the thinking behind it. To destroy the spirit of the human person. The individuality, the personality, the conscious, the character of the human person. THAT is what this project is about.

Yesterday I walked into a hardware store and forgot, really forgot, to put on my mask. I did see two masked people at the reception, but last week the customers didn't have to wear masks, I don't have reacted. Further on I saw clients with mask, and that's when I realized I had forgotten. I decided not to put it on to see. In the store no problem but at the checkout, the (very young) cashier speaks to me very badly to tell me that I have to wear a mask. I apologize and tell her that I forgot it at home. At this moment a "boss" arrives in the distance who almost screams and with a lot of gestures shows me the placards on the front door. I explain again, but she doesn't listen, so I calmly offer her to leave the goods and leave. They calmed down immediately, but their eyes were black. I went back to the cashier and I gently said " Don't worry, my forgetfulness is not so serious because masks don't protect against viruses, it's written on the boxes". She open her mouth, very astonished, and after a few seconds she said " It must protect a little bit anyway" but I could feel the lack of confidence in her answer. I don't know if I did her a favor or if I have worried her unnecessarily. I felt sorry for her.

Wear it to get in, while there, drop it down off your nose and breathe normally.
Good idea. I got in trouble yesterday shopping in PoundLand. I was wearing a comical-animal play-mask. And the staff were fine for a while until one guy lost it with me. He ranted, shouting at me to take my mask off. He then became confrontational and threatening towards me. A staff member then gave me a standard mask to wear, which I did and shopping carried on :)
It is just disapointing to see how many have lost their sense of humour and that group of authoriarians that seem to want to fight to defend the propaganda :)

lol, sometimes it's better to pull it up instead of down. It's way more relaxing and you avoid being visually infected by all the nonsense. :lol:
wrongmaskuse.jpg

Walking out the door shortly.....I doubt I'll even get my mask out. I think I'm going to start making them from panties, I hear they are quite comfortable. Hahahahaha....but here's my new material. At fifty four years old I'm going to learn to sew clothing and other such items..
GEDC8005.JPG

Since I'm a veteran and trained in NBC (Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical) warfare, and have my own equipment in fact, I have also considered wearing my actual MOPP gear but I'm certain that it would cause more fear and draw unnecessary attention. I like the idea of sheer panties or as shown here a recycled tutu...

My boss and the plant engineer (I work in the same office as him) are both out on quarantine pending "testing" results. Both of them have underlying health issues, i.e. overweight, high blood pressure, and diabetes. A subcontractor (another engineer) has become ill and "tested" positive as of Friday. It's all a big hush-hush thing as HIPAA law restricts what is and isn't talked about.

Maybe I will wear my gas mask and chemical suit...... :evil:

I've had to wear a mask a few times lately for short periods, and I enter the store wearing the mask and immediately pull it below my nose as soon as I'm past the mask enforcers. No one has said anything about that as of yet. Like others have said, I also feel anger, frustration and resistance but I've been trying to focus on paying attention to these emotions, just observing them and letting them pass by. It is far from easy to keep all this in check, and yet it could be seen as a golden opportunity for growing mental strength and will. I certainly don't find this easy myself, but I guess like all lessons, it has to be hard and difficult in order to be worthwhile.

I agree. I live in a neighbourhood where a few people seem to keep an eye on everybody else (I had had that feeling for a while before a neighbour confirmed my suspicions), but I didn't expect to be so angry when I had to wear a mask on the train and encountered more authoritarians. They were watching me as I was wearing my mask over my mouth, but not over my nose. I was also horrified, because the stations looked surreal, as far fewer people were travelling by rail.

I had brought loads of snacks, so I could eat and avoid wearing a mask (which is allowed). Two women who were sitting across from me were observing me pretty much all the time and talking in a foreign language interspersed with some Dutch words, so I suspected they were talking about me. The railway employee then announced we had to wear our masks at all times (which wasn't correct). As Dutch Rail has opened a phone line for passengers who wish to report 'unsafe' situations on the train or at the station I wouldn't be surprised if the women reported me for eating after they got off the train. Or perhaps it was a coincidence.

My first experience with the mask came when I nipped into my local convenience store across the road Friday evening. I put it on at the door and went in. There was no one else in the shop except for one elderly woman behind the counter (about my age). I mumbled something to her through the mask for a joke and she knew what I wanted straight away (I'm a regular, and she's known me for years).

Anyway, she had her mask laid on the counter, but she wasn't wearing it. So I took my mask off and said I shouldn't be wearing one of these because I was in hospital with heart failure a couple of years ago and still find it hard to breathe sometimes. So she told me about her COPD and we chatted for a while. As I was leaving, a bloke came in not wearing a mask and we passed close to each other as though it was a natural thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom