Potential Food and Energy Shortage Across the World

Last week I notice our Walmart with a completely empty isle, I'll check it again this week.

This report is from last year, but I think the situation probably hasn't changed much.

3 Florida men arrested in multimillion-dollar theft ring of stolen meat across Midwest, authorities say​

"Three Florida men have been arrested for allegedly stealing $9 million worth of frozen meat across the midwestern United States, authorities said Tuesday."

Lab-grown fruit cultures could yield new superfoods

In the face of climate change and food insecurity, New Zealand considers lab-grown fruit

How naive was I to think the "non-food" would stop at the meat. Now there is going to be lab fruits too.

First article is from 2018, the second one is recent. Not quite sure about the progress got so far, but the blueberry culture samples look like green yuck instead of nice ripe blueberries we know.

Really, it is getting to the point where the only food we can be reasonably sure about are those we will grow ourselves.

OSLO, Oct 10 (Reuters) - A subsea gas pipeline and a telecommunications cable connecting Finland and Estonia under the Baltic Sea have been damaged in what may have been a deliberate act, the Finnish government said on Tuesday.

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said NATO was sharing its information over the damage and stands ready to support the allies concerned.

The Balticconnector gas pipeline was shut early on Sunday on concerns that gas was leaking from a hole in the 77-km (48 miles) pipeline. Finnish operator Gasgrid said it could take months or more to repair.

Gas prices are already rising in Europe. I thought something was amiss when I saw the UK gas futures jump by 10%.

Russia are already mentioned here, and NATO invited to help investigate 🙄

Gas prices are already rising in Europe. I thought something was amiss when I saw the UK gas futures jump by 10%.

Russia are already mentioned here, and NATO invited to help investigate 🙄

Oh the Finnish Media and Government has already directly blamed Russia :lol: :

IL: State leadership suspects Russia has hit the gas pipeline

According to a foreign and security policy source, the state leadership and the Defence Forces suspect that Russia has struck a gas pipeline between Finland and Estonia, reports Iltalehti.

The government will hold a briefing later today. According to Yle, the meeting is related to the gas pipeline.
State leadership suspects Russia has hit the gas pipeline

Oh the Finnish Media and Government has already directly blamed Russia :lol: :

State leadership suspects Russia has hit the gas pipeline

Looks like work of the Secret Team:

CIA MI6 hand in gas pipeline.jpg

"Update: US Special Forces blow up another gas pipeline! The Baltic Connector had a hole blown in it recently!!

Finland is pushing a false narrative that Russia is responsible for blowing a hole in their pipeline! They are planning a press conference today to push the NATO propaganda and narrative that the attack on the gas pipeline Baltic Connector, which runs between Finland and Estonia, was a Russian operation, but they have no evidence.

The CIA/MI6 is telling Finland to accuse Russia and push the narrative that they have blown up a hole in the pipeline!!"

Stunning image: from Mont Chauve to the sea, a large part of #Nice06 is plunged into darkness this evening. Major power cuts in south-east France, with several towns in the Var and Alpes-Maritimes affected, including #Cannes, #Antibes, #Fréjus...

The same video, less than 30 minutes later. Lights are back on in many of the #Nice06 neighborhoods affected by the power outage this evening.
A technical incident has led to a power cut in the Alpes-Maritimes. Our teams are mobilized to restore power as soon as possible. RTE apologizes for any inconvenience caused.

Regarding the Baltic-connector pipeline

It wasn't Russia dunnit, it was China dunnit! Using an anchor, on purpose or possibly not on purpose....

Damage to a Baltic Sea gas pipeline earlier this month is believed to have been caused by a ship dragging a large anchor along the seabed, but it was too early to tell if this was an accident or a deliberate act, Finnish police said on Tuesday.

Investigators said they had now retrieved a lost anchor from the seabed location where the pipeline ruptured on Oct. 8, and were investigating whether it belonged to a Chinese container vessel.
Police have previously said damage to the Balticconnector subsea gas pipeline and two Baltic Sea telecoms cables was cause by external mechanical force and were investigating whether this was a case of sabotage or caused by accident.

Broad drag marks were seen on the seabed leading up to where the pipeline was broken, and the anchor was lying immediately after the damage spot. A narrower path was seen on the seabed stretching onwards for dozens of miles, police said.

This be the anchor

719.jpg

This article contains an image of the ship in question, apparently missing one of its anchors.

View attachment smartcrop (1).webp

Attachments

• smartcrop.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 4
  • smartcrop (1).webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Still, we should keep a watchful eye

Here is the thing how I see it: Despite the glossy fanfares of Italy officially forbidding synthetic food - I don't count on it in real life. There are many laws in most EU countries where you can bypass the rules - e.g. GMO and synthetic food as well non declared ingredients and substances making their way into the food chain even in "noble" countries, who forbid it.

Some ingredients don't need to be specified if they already been mixed and processed before import. (I don't know the exact rules, but notice from time to time, how ingredients in Sweden still can be found, which are not really allowed according to our laws) I am also a bit worried about contaminated flour/wheat from Ukraine, when the soil is poisoned by all kinds of chemicals (think roundup Monsanto-Bayer) which is normally not allowed to be used - at least not in some EU countries. Not to mention depleted uranium contaminated soil.

My guts tells me, that when it is about money and profits (especially when margins are falling, or the open greeds is allowed to take root as it seems now) - anything goes. They usually find a way to set off contaminated food within the EU, one or the other way. Especially now that we live in a world, where you can basically can pull off any scam, and even the worst crimes... without actually getting caught or prosecuted... well, make the math - says the psychopath.

Given that the powers to be don't really care if some or even many people get ill in the process... they give their secret blessings. After all, most perpetrators today seem to get their back covered whether by Govs, authorities or media.

I simply do not trust into 'precious laws' actually prevent anything. The more the sharks the merrier, the greater the cheats (in food). And other sectors, as well.

Still, we should keep a watchful eye

Here is the thing how I see it: Despite the glossy fanfares of Italy officially forbidding synthetic food - I don't count on it in real life. There are many laws in most EU countries where you can bypass the rules - e.g. GMO and synthetic food as well non declared ingredients and substances making their way into the food chain even in "noble" countries, who forbid it.

Some ingredients don't need to be specified if they already been mixed and processed before import. (I don't know the exact rules, but notice from time to time, how ingredients in Sweden still can be found, which are not really allowed according to our laws) I am also a bit worried about contaminated flour/wheat from Ukraine, when the soil is poisoned by all kinds of chemicals (think roundup Monsanto-Bayer) which is normally not allowed to be used - at least not in some EU countries. Not to mention depleted uranium contaminated soil.

My guts tells me, that when it is about money and profits (especially when margins are falling, or the open greeds is allowed to take root as it seems now) - anything goes. They usually find a way to set off contaminated food within the EU, one or the other way. Especially now that we live in a world, where you can basically can pull off any scam, and even the worst crimes... without actually getting caught or prosecuted... well, make the math - says the psychopath.

Given that the powers to be don't really care if some or even many people get ill in the process... they give their secret blessings. After all, most perpetrators today seem to get their back covered whether by Govs, authorities or media.

I simply do not trust into 'precious laws' actually prevent anything. The more the sharks the merrier, the greater the cheats (in food). And other sectors, as well.
I completely agree. These laws give people a false sense of security. Far better to avoid the grocery store altogether and source vittles directly from known producers if you can't grow your own.

I completely agree. These laws give people a false sense of security. Far better to avoid the grocery store altogether and source vittles directly from known producers if you can't grow your own.

Yeah, case in point - check out the new hot dog data. Bleh.

Clear Foods, which "uses genomic technology to analyze the world's foods at a molecular level, ingredient by ingredient," released a report recently that it said was designed to look at the accuracy of the content labels of several major hot dog brands.

The company analyzed 345 hot dog and sausage products from 75 brands and 10 retailers, and said they found "human DNA in 2% of the samples, and in 2/3rds of the vegetarian samples."

So some veggies dogs are getting pretty close to soylent green. Can we come up with some better ideas on this planet yet? Please!?!

Back
Top Bottom