Cathedrals and churches

stellar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
In light of what we have learned about the purpose of pyramids when they were originally built and witnessing their historical translation into pharaohs' tombs, I would like to ask a similar question/s about the constructions that we today name cathedrals and churches.

What was the intended original purpose behind their construction? Did the elaborate, coloured floral shaped windows have any functional significance other than aesthetics? Similarly, did the great organs have anything significant to do with resonance other than playing loud music?

In light of what we have learned about the purpose of pyramids when they were originally built and witnessing their historical translation into pharaohs' tombs, I would like to ask a similar question/s about the constructions that we today name cathedrals and churches.

What was the intended original purpose behind their construction? Did the elaborate, coloured floral shaped windows have any functional significance other than aesthetics? Similarly, did the great organs have anything significant to do with resonance other than playing loud music?
When you mention cathedrals and the great organs, I think of stones and vibration - like Stonehenge. So we have the brilliant sight of light coming through in colors and blazing on the eyes and vibration being felt in the body through the sounds of the music and its vibration of the stones around us. Interesting...

No doubt there are many deeper levels to the cathedrals

Same thought here, cathedrals are often refered to as "ships of stone", built by incorporating "magic" numbers and ratio everywhere, and were places of ritual prayer and various religious celebrations.

What was the intended original purpose behind their construction?

In Europe their construction follows christianity's evolution during the ages, I'd tell the older ones (Roman style) are less "corupted" than the more recents gothic style ones. But basicaly their main purpose might have something to do with emotional/psychic energy gathering and transmiting, like maybe 3D to 4D or 5D...?

I'd tell the older ones (Roman style) are less "corupted" than the more recents gothic style ones. But basicaly their main purpose might have something to do with emotional/psychic energy gathering and transmiting, like maybe 3D to 4D or 5D...?
Perhaps posting a few pics of these stylistic differences (which may also reflect psychic and other differences) would be a nice service. It does seem like there are style categories that may or may not relate to time periods as well.

(Side note - I still don’t think the period from Justinian 500-ish to the present has really been understood accurately yet. The Middle Ages, Dark ages, and Renaissance are all terms that get bandied about and the cathedrals fit in there somewhere as works of art as well as pinnacles of civilization and plenty of other stuff. Bottom line on the Dwelling of the Philosophers is - you can’t trust the narratives but the Cathedrals themselves are speaking the real story.)

Perhaps posting a few pics of these stylistic differences (which may also reflect psychic and other differences) would be a nice service. It does seem like there are style categories that may or may not relate to time periods as well.

(Side note - I still don’t think the period from Justinian 500-ish to the present has really been understood accurately yet. The Middle Ages, Dark ages, and Renaissance are all terms that get bandied about and the cathedrals fit in there somewhere as works of art as well as pinnacles of civilization and plenty of other stuff. Bottom line on the Dwelling of the Philosophers is - you can’t trust the narratives but the Cathedrals themselves are speaking the real story.)

Just dug this one up and wander if the spires and domes had anything to do with this purpose:

Due to the fact that copper is such a wonderful physical conductor of electricity and heat, it is also considered the conductor of the spiritualist's belief system. According to myths, copper has the ability to conduct spiritual energy back and forth between individuals, crystals, auras, the mind and the spirit.

Just dug this one up and wander if the spires and domes had anything to do with this purpose:
and

Q: (L) Is my idea correct that we can identify the presence of these more-or-less technologies by the architecture or art or megalithic structures of the different groups on the planet?

A: To some extent, yes. But do not let that be the only clue. You might consider "lifestyle" as well as the presence and uses of metals; particularly gold vs. iron

From French wikipedia:
It was initially called francigenum opus (French art), the term "gothic" only appearing in the 15th century with a pejorative connotation which subsequently disappeared.

Terminology:
The term "Gothic art" was coined by Italian writers in the 15th century to designate the entirety of European artistic production between Antiquity and the Renaissance, with a strong pejorative connotation. It subsequently lost this connotation and was restricted to the second part of the Middle Ages during the 18th and 19th centuries 1.

Regarding the term Gothic Art.
The book Art Through the Ages, Yale University, 1959 (6th ed.) mentions 'Gothic' "first used as a term of derision by Renaissance critics who scorned its lack of conformity to the standards of classic Greece and Rome. The men of the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries, however, referred to the Gothic cathedrals as opus modernum (modern art) or opus francigenum (French art)."
The same book gives the following timeline for the Gothic Art
Early Gothic (1140-1194)
High Gothic (1194-1248)
Refined Gothic (mid 13th-14th cent.)
Late Gothic (14th-16th cent.).

Another book, A History of Architecture, Sir Banister Fletcher, 1948 (14th ed.) as it is a comparative study goes into details considering styles and substyles from geographical, geological climatic religious, social, and historical factors of influence. He is therefore subdividing the Gothic architecture (in Europe) into:
English Medieval Architecture (5th-16th cent.)
Scottish Architecture (12th-18th cent.)
Irish Architecture (6th-16th cent.)
French Gothic (12th-16th cent.)
Belgian and Dutch Gothic (13th-16th cent.)
German Gothic (13th-16th cent.)
Italian Gothic (12th-16th cent.)
Spanish Gothic (12th-16th cent.)

I can try scan the chapters from both books if you are interested.

The idea is that maybe the electronic resources having lots of errors, give missleading conclusions. It is always better to look for older books that might be cheaper in hardcopy or even public domain.

One interesting note. In my honest opinion, it would be more inyeresting to start first with making sense out of the letter 'i' written instead of 1 on the old buildings. Maybe it would be a good start to draw some conclusions from the Anatoly Fomenko threads.

From French wikipedia: “gothic is pejorative term”.
Fulcanelli, in Dwellings of the Philosophers, notes this and asks “why?” Why did the Renaissance hate the gothic period?

Could it be along the current modern lines of Renaissance = a type of Wokism with man at the center of the universe, a supposed “freedom from God” whereas Gothic = traditional, classical conservative spiritual values?

The longer I live, the more I understand what goes around, comes around.

Re Fomenko and History books, depending on how you look at it, nobody was likely building anything in the 7th through the 8th centuries and anything in the 5th and 6th it would have been classical Roman Empire.

The question I have is who helped humanity with the rebuild post-Justinian? You have a plague/reset of some kind and jump right into early gothic? That’s a humongous stylistic transition. Nothing gradual. So, what or who inspired and catalyzed this quantum leap while providing the blueprint for it?

Re Fomenko and History books, depending on how you look at it, nobody was likely building anything in the 7th through the 8th centuries and anything in the 5th and 6th it would have been classical Roman Empire.

The question I have is who helped humanity with the rebuild post-Justinian? You have a plague/reset of some kind and jump right into early gothic? That’s a humongous stylistic transition. Nothing gradual. So, what or who inspired and catalyzed this quantum leap while providing the blueprint for it?

The answer to your questions requires some study. All resources are on Archive.org.

Re: Re Fomenko and History books, irrespective of how one looks at 'it', buildings were constructed, in Christian architecture, Byzantine architecture and Romanesque architecture before the Gothic architecture. As far as Roman architecture as a somewhat pinnacle of sorts one should start at least a couple of thousand years earlier, in the B.C. era with the Greek architecture.

Good questions. At this point I keep thinking viral infections, changes to DNA and ways of thinking and BE-ing. Maybe more harmonised community attitudes void of oppression etc. IDK for sure but it is curious.
To us it seems quick but it looks like it may have developed over several decades. Maybe somewhere late 9th and onwards. The climate graphs suggest the weather may have been ideal for the growth.

Back
Top Bottom