Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Yes, I think, logically speaking, that Gonzalo's predictions sound pretty realistic, although I also think that in reality things could play out differently (as is often the case). One point Gonzalo didn't take into account, for example, is that Putin might not be so quick and hasty to completely cut Europe's and America's (western) energy, food and economic supply. I think all cards are on the table, but I also think that Putin knows what pulling that plug could mean for normal people in the West, and he might be generous (yet again) to not let the worst happen for the sake of those people. Then again, he could do it and it would be perfectly right and justified. And they also might have a longer strategy. In any case, things are really getting very interesting!
I tend to agree with your assessment. My take is that Putin will not impose a widespread ban on all or most commodities and agricultural products to Europe just now. While he will likely ban and restrict some of these materials, he would probably want to keep the total ban card for later in the event the situation deteriorates for Russia. It's the strongest weapon he has, not considering real weapons of course.

Also, for his project about the future of Ukraine to work long term, he will need at least some European demand to still be there so forcing Europe to look for alternatives (rather than just motivating them to do so) is not necessarily in his best interest IMO.

I tend to agree with your assessment. My take is that Putin will not impose a widespread ban on all or most commodities and agricultural products to Europe just now. While he will likely ban and restrict some of these materials, he would probably want to keep the total ban card for later in the event the situation deteriorates for Russia. It's the strongest weapon he has, not considering real weapons of course.

Also, for his project about the future of Ukraine to work long term, he will need at least some European demand to still be there so forcing Europe to look for alternatives (rather than just motivating them to do so) is not necessarily in his best interest IMO.
What nobody watching the mainstream narrative is hearing is this simple fact - Russia hasn't had to bring out the 'big guns' yet, militarily or economically.

Germany, Munich
Clinic refuses to treat Russians and Belorussians citizens

It all sounds just too familiar, does it not ? (Corona vs unvaccinated, and Hitler back in the days)
I have no words.

View attachment 56456

The letter says:
Well, it seems like this clinic is withdrawing now from her harsh refusal to treat Russians and Bielorussians citizens. They are now excusing themselves by saying their intention was to show compassion towards Ukrainian, although it's still not entirely clear whether they will abide by their latest statement. Here is the german link with a partial translation:

München: Iatros-Privatklinik will keine Russen & Belarussen behandeln – es folgt heftige Kritik

The clinic did not leave the many negative Google reviews and comments on Facebook unanswered. On its homepage, the private clinic has published a statement. It says: "Our intention was to express sympathy with the Ukrainian people". In addition, the clinic admits the mistake: "This thought was not completed in its entirety at that time." It goes on to say, "We fully accept this criticism."

The question remains open as to whether the decision will be reversed. Even if the apologetic lines suggest it, "Far be it from us to discriminate or exclude patients on the basis of their origin. We apologize that this impression was created." In addition, the clinic had donated 10,000 euros to the organization Doctors Without Borders to support its mission in Ukraine.

Germany, Munich

It all sounds just too familiar, does it not ? (Corona vs unvaccinated, and Hitler back in the days)
I have no words.

View attachment 56456

The letter says:
Well, it seems this clinic has received a lot of bad press. Here is just one example:

"No exceptions": Does Munich Private Clinic no longer want to treat Russians?​

In a letter, the Iatros Clinic in Munich points out that "no longer treat Russian and Belarusian citizens until further notice." A few days later, the clinic makes a statement on the questionable procedure.09. March 2022 - 1:23 pm | msRemember19CommentsRecommend article
The clinic responded to the criticism with a statement on the website. (Symbolic image)

The clinic responded to the criticism with a statement on the website. (Symbolic image) © picture alliance/dpa/dpa-Zentralbild
Munich - A private clinic in Munich no longer wants to treat Russian and Belarusian patients for the time being. This is evident from a letter from the Iatros Clinic, which is available to the "picture".

The invasion is strongly condemned, according to the letter, among other things. Therefore, from now on and until further notice, we will not treat Russian and Belarusian citizens. The clinic resorts to a sometimes very direct and drastic choice of words: "You can save yourself the registration. There will be no exceptions. As little as the Covid-19 virus or Mr. Putin makes exceptions, we make exceptions." In case of doubt, operations of already registered patients will even be discontinued.

No treatment of Russians: Statement on the clinic website​

An indication that the letter is a real letter from the clinic: On Tuesday, the clinic published a corresponding statement on its website.

The idea of "tapping business ties with Russia and setting a sign of support" has "not been thought through in its entirety," it states, among other things. "The nature of our letter was rightly criticized by some. We accept this criticism in full," continues the clinic, which is located at Stiglmaierplatz.

The clinic is completely far from discriminating against or excluding patients on the basis of their origin. "We apologize for creating this impression."

However, what is not apparent from the statement is the question of whether the clinic is treating Russian and Belarusian patients again. Instead, there is talk of a 10,000 euro donation to the organization Doctors Without Borders. A request from AZ initially remained unanswered until Wednesday noon.

Sanctions seem to be in vogue these days:

It's all so sick I wouldn't be surprised if they kicked Poland and Hungary out of NATO so more people would fight Putin and they wouldn't have to get the alliance involved.

The snakes are turning on each other. Where can they run to save themselves ? West ? I doubt it, these are the people that know too much. Too much about what the West (US) was doing in Ukraine.

Murder of Dmytro Demyanenko, former deputy head of the Main Directorate of the SBU in Kyiv​

One explanation from Kiev supporters is that he was a shady dealer doing shady deals which got him in trouble, he didn't stop at a checkpoint.

Last edited:
What heart, you feckless joke? If you're asking Canada for pretty much anything right now, you know you're in a world of hurt!

From RT, Mar. 11.

Justin Trudeau said it was ‘heartbreaking’ to turn down Zelensky’s request

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Friday that NATO couldn’t declare a no-fly zone over Ukraine at President Zelensky’s request, citing fears the decision could lead to a direct conflict between Russia and NATO.

It is something that is heartbreaking. To have to say we can do so many things to support, but the risk of escalation, the risk of spreading… of involving NATO in a direct conflict if we send NATO planes over Ukraine to shoot down Russian planes,” Trudeau said during an interview with Canada’s CTV News, confirming that Zelensky had asked him directly to implement this measure during a phone call on Thursday.

We can do an awful lot and we’re doing everything we can. But we can’t do that,” the premier added.

Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland, speaking with CTV News alongside Trudeau, claimed Canada was throwing “everything we have at this” and noted that economic sanctions imposed by numerous countries on Russia have already made their impact.
The Russian Stock Exchange has been closed for the ninth day running. Russian government debt has been downgraded to junk status and ratings agencies are warning of an imminent Russian default,” she told reporters.

Ukrainian officials have been repeatedly asking NATO members to impose a no-fly zone over Ukraine for many days since the Russian offensive was launched late February. The idea, however, was rejected by many Western leaders due to fears that this measure would lead to a direct confrontation with Russia, since NATO aircraft could be forced to shoot down Russian planes entering Ukrainian airspace.

Moscow attacked its neighboring state at the end of February, following a seven-year standoff over what it says is Ukraine's failure to implement the terms of the Minsk peace agreements, and Russia's eventual recognition of the Donbass breakaway republics in Donetsk and Lugansk. Russian officials claimed the attack was necessary to eliminate threats coming from Ukraine towards its breakaway regions and towards Russia itself, and demanded neutrality from Ukraine, while Kiev has called the Russian attack an unprovoked act of aggression and denies claims that it was planning to retake the breakaway regions by force. Western nations and other countries strongly condemned the hostilities and, in retaliation, imposed unprecedented economic sanctions on Russia, on its top businessmen and on officials.

I didn't want to speak out on this topic, because I would have to say terrible things. We see a lot of these manifestations and talk about them. The main horror is not discrimination against Russians at all, although this in itself is unacceptable. The main horror is that these are the sprouts and manifestations of a new "fascism". The name is quite conditional, the essence is important. I have used this name only because what we know goes by this name in the past. And the most terrible thing is that Germany cannot avoid this, and since Germany is the leader in the European Union, this will largely affect the rest of Europe. I can't describe the causes and consequences in short, I don't have enough brains. I'll give you a video, where a person explains some perspectives in a reasoned way, including this one.

Я не хотел высказываться по этой теме, потому что придется говорить страшные вещи. У нас видят много этих проявлений и говорят о них. Главный ужас заключается совсем не в дискриминации русских, хотя это само по себе неприемлемо Главный ужас заключается в том, что это ростки и проявления нового "фашизма". Название вполне условно, важна суть. Я употребил это название только потому, что то что идет нам известно именно под этим названием в прошлом. И самый, пресамый ужас в том, что германии этого не избежать, а так как германия является лидером в евросоюзе, то во многом это коснется и остальной европы. Причины и следствия я не могу расписать коротко, не хватает мозгов. Я приведу видео, там человек аргументированно объясняет некоторые перспективы в том числе и эту.

This is how the Nazis are fighting in the Donbass

In Ukraine, the Ukrainian Armed Forces chain soldiers so that they cannot escape from their positions
society
Published: 10:21 11.03.2022
The Russian military found the dead soldier of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, who was chained to a post. A used grenade launcher was found near the body. Obviously, the Ukrainian military was left to die – he had only one shot, his comrades did not give him small arms.

На Украине ВСУ приковывают солдат цепями, чтобы они не могли сбежать с позиций

According to the assumption, this man did not want to fight, perhaps from the locals, perhaps forcibly mobilized, He is chained to a post, given a disposable grenade launcher and is not given small arms so that he does not get free with it. This is such a technology, but this is also not news. During the Great Patriotic War, Soviet soldiers marked similar things both in Germany and in Japan. The only difference was that there were no grenade launchers and people were chained in pillboxes to heavy machine guns

По предположению, этот человек не хотел воевать, возможно из местных, возможно насильно мобилизован Его пристёгивают цепью к столбу, дают одноразовый гранатомет и не дают стрелкового оружия, чтоб он не освободился с его помощью. Вот такая технология, но это тоже не новость. Во время Великой Отечественной войны советские солдаты сталкивались с подобными вещами и в германии и в японии. Разница была только в том, что не было гранатометов и людей приковывали в ДОТах к тяжелым станковым пулеметам

I think the author is onto something that if anything, Russia has underestimated the incredible power of the Western propaganda machine.
I doubt it. The Russian government knows only too well, in excruciating detail, through 'up-close-and personal' hard-earned experience, how the 'Western propaganda machine works'.

The Saker website really doesn't have much insight into 'Russian thinking'. Bless them, they're 'on the right side', but my God, is their analysis shoddy!

Having observed it over many years, it seems that this is due to emotional thinking. When things are going well for Russia, they're super-excited and way too optimistic in their analyses and predictions. When things are going badly - or appear to be going badly - they're all doom-and-gloom and ranting about Atlanticist traitors and Fifth Columnists.

Prove me wrong! Show me a level-headed analysis from 'The Saker'.

I think the author is onto something that if anything, Russia has underestimated the incredible power of the Western propaganda machine. They literally turned Kiev into a movie set, Wag-the-dog-style, and went all-out on the information warfare front.

At the beginning, it seems the Russians just didn't care, but then realized how important it is and started going out on Twitter and so on. While they probably don't care much about Western public opinion at this point, they DO care about what people in Ukraine thing, because this has very real consequences for their military strategy. Maybe people from Russia can give some insights, but it seems to me that they even realized that the propaganda is very dangerous on the home front as well and more effective than they might have thought (even a minority of Russians who are swayed by Western propaganda efforts could cause serious trouble). This would also explain why they went so hard not only against Western media in Russia, but against Russian liberal "Trojan horse media" as well.

Yeah, I doubt it too. Certainly, I doubt Putin and Co were under any illusions about what the West would do. After all, they've spent the last 20 years carefully observing everything that the West does in relation to the wider world, and in relation to Russia, they were getting a very detailed read on that particular animal, so to speak.

On the propaganda angle, consider that in 2014, British and Western broadsheets carried headlines like "Putin killed my baby", over the shooting down of MH17, and that's just one example. They pretty much called him every name in the book, in a conscious attempt to blacken his name to as many as possible (mostly in the West). In doing that, they kind of freed him, at least from the pov of trying to him being concerned about keeping a semblance of a positive image in the West.

As for Ukraine, yeah, they care, but at the end of the day, there's a "special military operation" underway, and it will proceed, and is proceeding, as planned from the get-go, and the plan took into consideration all possible outcomes, because, as I said, there has been long, careful and detailed observation of the West by Russia. There are no illusions from the Russia POV, because the West systematically destroyed them over the past 20 years.

It's difficult, but important, to remember that pretty much 100% of Western MSM reporting on this situation is 100% false.

Back
Top Bottom