Taser's in the News - Put your taser article here!

Sick Weapon

locksmith said:
OMG, I've just replied to my own post. I'm already a hermit!
That's ok -haven't you heard? Hermits are cool! At least, that's what my imaginary friend tells me.

Sick Weapon

Oh! These marketing people stun me with their wit!

"Electric blue"? Har har...

I bet they'd market grenades as "Fulminating Apples".

:D

Sick Weapon

Locksmith said:
It resembles a hand-held electric razor and is available in metallic pink, electric blue, titanium silver and black pearl.
But more importantly, does it charge my iPhone?

Anart: I just spoke with your imaginary friend and it seems you misunderstood: Her mitts are cool.

Sick Weapon

Electric blue razor? Wow. Are there any 'real' side effects? I don't want to make my face blue.

locksmith said:
That's it, I'm going to find an empty hermit's cave to hide in
Really? Don't forget to bring your towel. I hear there is a beautiful waterfall near there. It'll make a fantastic shower.

Sick Weapon

Zadius Sky said:
locksmith said:
Really? Don't forget to bring your towel. I hear there is a beautiful waterfall near there. It'll make a fantastic shower.
I will never think of hermits the same again after having read one of those Lama Lobsang books where some guy is described living in a cave near a creek and all he has to eat is bark from trees. Oh and he's completely blind.

Sick Weapon

Yeah, I'd rather be a Monty Python hermit! See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN_jC2xxzoU

domivr said:
Zadius Sky said:
locksmith said:
I will never think of hermits the same again after having read one of those Lama Lobsang books where some guy is described living in a cave near a creek and all he has to eat is bark from trees. Oh and he's completely blind.

Sick Weapon

Well that was great counseling and it is much appreciated!

anart said:
Hermits are cool! At least, that's what my imaginary friend tells me.
Sweet, thanks anart.

domivr said:
Anart: I just spoke with your imaginary friend and it seems you misunderstood: Her mitts are cool.
Well that's kinda nice domvir, I guessing that her heart is warm.

Zadius Sky said:
I hear there is a beautiful waterfall near there. It'll make a fantastic shower.
Marvelous Zadius Sky, I can stay clean and enjoy its beauty.

domivr said:
I will never think of hermits the same again after having read one of those Lama Lobsang books where some guy is described living in a cave near a creek and all he has to eat is bark from trees.
Uh oh domivr, that bark bit present what could very well be the reality of running off to hermit life. My hunting and foraging skills aren't what they once were. I'm afraid this post cancels out the nice warm feeling I had from you previous post.

DonaldJHunt said:
Yeah, I'd rather be a Monty Python hermit! See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN_jC2xxzoU
Gads Donald, I watched that video! Looks like I can expect the police to be harassing me in my hermit life. And, a lot of them carry TASERs. Ouch!

Well, I've come to a decision with the help of your lucid advice. That decision is hermit life is not for me. I'm going to stay right where I'm am and try to make the most of living in a society wherein TASERs are a reality.

I know that many a John Q. or Joan Q. Public conceal-carry these infernal devices, and just may not like the way I look at them and ZAP me. Maybe I'll just walk around and present a Stepford Wife persona. Nah, I could never pull that off. Oh well, I'll just keep a :) on at all times and try not to make so much eye contact like I'm accustomed to doing.

Geeez!

UF Student Tasered at John Kerry Speech

Please spread the word about this. EVERYONE needs to know.

http://video.nbc6.net/player/?id=157250

If this isn't another preview of what's to come, then I don't know what is.

I found a youtube that seemed to work better:

_http://youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE

Oddly enough there doesn't seem to be any wire pickups of the story... imagine that. Someone on youtube mentioned that the speakers time was up, and that he was refusing to step down. Though i wasn't able to confirm this as there doesn't seem to be any news coverage.

To me, it seemed like he asked a poignant question that the crowd wanted a response to. Senator Kerry also said "Let me answer his question" at the same time as the security forces began the "arrest". I do think, at this point his attempt to resist arrest was foolish and likely resulted in getting him tasered, and if he just woulda went with it and said something like "Oh so this is what happens when you ask about Skull & Bones eh?" Then it would have been more apropos to what he was trying to accomplish.

Reading some of the comments from people who believe that the guy deserved to be tasered on the NBC vid site is disturbing. Ponerization in action.

I'm a tad surprised an NBC TV outlet put something like this on its site. Then again, maybe the PTB media whores put it up to frighten people who actually go looking for news other than headlines into silence...as in "this can happen to you if you ask too many questions."

thats really horrible and sick!!... there are even people who say 'the cop was just doing his job' I wonder when America will finally wake up and realize it is living in a fascist state.

Yeah, the comments were really awful! The only good thing about this, that I can think of, is it made quite an impression on the crowd, whatever Kerry said after that must have seen so fake and transparent. Then again I feel so sad for the tasered man as you could really hear that he is afraid and not "resisting arrest" he is simply trying to escape. I think he will become much more passionate about searching for the truth after that incident. Action, reaction.

Youtubeguy said:
Freedom of speech does not apply to a collegiate sponsored forum. There are rules that must be followed. The student could have made any statement outside of the forum in a public place. UF is not a public place, it is a university that has rules. This student broke those rules.
He's right! People don't deserve to ask questions! He wasn't in a "free speech zone". Duh! Clearly this guy's actions did not warrant an arrest, especially after Kerry began to answer the question. I wonder how many people resisted such things in pre-Nazi germany?

Was I hearing some audience members screaming for them to let him go when they started tasering him? I thought I heard a woman screaming in the background. But um, that was just disgusting, makes me angry and makes me wanna cry. You know, if the audience wanted to stop it, they could've. But they don't, everyone is terrified, it's "the law" after all, they see the fascist state brutality but they don't know what they can do, so they are terrified and frozen. After all, what can anyone do?

Here is what someone could've done that I think might have worked though. Get up, and just say to the cops/Kerry, "I am out of here. All who agree that this is fascist brutality, I ask you to get up and peacefully leave as well. I for one will not sit here after this, because this is brutal and disgusting. He did nothing wrong. Good bye." Then just walk out, and *hopefully* get a bunch of people walking out with you, hopefully everybody. Who is Kerry gonna give a speech to when nobody is there? The cops?

Honestly, it's like that quote, "What if they declared war and nobody showed up?".

Even if nobody follows you, just leave. Do you really need to hear the rest of the interview after THIS!? I think "they" said everything they need to say with their fascist actions. Anyone else have any similar ideas? Never know when you find yourself in a similar situation, what would you guys do?

I kept wishing that the audience would just get up and together rip the cops off the kid. But that is unrealistic, that would never happen, and probably end badly for everybody.

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
Never know when you find yourself in a similar situation, what would you guys do?
I would have walked out even if I'm alone. But, would I be stopped or arrested for doing so? Or even shot? I don't know if I've seen it or not...but did anyone in the video ever walked out after that incident and because of that incident?

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
I kept wishing that the audience would just get up and together rip the cops off the kid. But that is unrealistic, that would never happen, and probably end badly for everybody.
Remember that one scene from V for Vendetta?

Dominic: What do you think will happen?
Finch: What usually happens when people without guns stand up to people with guns.

Cops have guns, and audience do not. That is what holding them back, or so I think.

Back
Top Bottom