Shoutwire as COINTELPRO

Lynne wrote:
<< I have to admit that it was very hard for me to stomach the comments made by the folks over at SW. >>

Yes, this is the ugliest thing I've seen in a while. Today's SOTT article on the topic was an excellent expose of SW. Our whole world indeed seems to be about suppression of truth, and the lengths to which our jailers go to do it never ceases to amaze me.

Thank you Laura for the analysis, it is eye-opening. This whole story is disturbing and makes me feel very sad. Shoutwire is clearly vectoring young people towards a worldview that lacks discernment, and promotes, for a lack of better expression, "sins and vices" that sell well, as a part of normal human experience.

It makes matters worse that Shoutwire is targeting/attracting kids who are liberal/progressive in leaning. Progressive youth IMO has more potential for waking up. They also already has a great deal less opportunities for meaningful networking, compared to conservative kids. The latter got church groups, camps and various faith-based initiatives, many covertly funded by the government and local business interests.

Something similar is going on in Russia right now: government supports nationalist conservative youth groups (skins), which are growing in popularity, while progressive kids are vectored towards anti-nazi groups (antifa). The expectationis that the skins and antifa will eventually kill each other off, and keep tab on the growing migration problem as well, while the government officials will contonue sitting pretty and stuffing their coffers. Everything is a part of the same game.

Sad.

I had the following impressions these days whilst reading some of the exchanges at SW:

They seem to be scared to death by people who really do. Who are collinear working and doing things together. As they can't understand this, they search always for the top in the non-existent chain of command. For them there must be a leader. A cult leader even. Because they only know such a kind of hierarchy, it has to be that way everywhere. So I would say that collinear working people will always be accused of being a cult by psychopaths. There has to be someone who 'leads' and unifies them. They can't grok the idea that people can be collinear and work together without being told so. This must be very scary for them.

Laura wrote :
"I mean, how rational and normal is it to consider people who are educated, who think and analyze, who study, read and contemplate, as a "cult"??? Get what I mean here? Anybody who isn't boozing, whoring, drugging, and video gaming - being among their major declared pastimes - is a cult!!!"

There have been many quotes from Controversy of Zion (Douglas Reed) on SOTT. One of Reed's other books "Far and Wide", written in the 1950, answers Laura's question. Reed says that even in 1950's America education, reading, being knowledgeable were already considered "bad" - we are now seeing the results of that ponerization. It has riddled society throughout the English speaking world such that the behaviour exhibited by SW and its editors is considered "normal".

So it is left to Laura and the SOTT team to be that Beacon of Light that the world so sorely needs. Thank you.

In the meantime, since 1950s, something significant has been added to the social structure of the USA:

1 in 32 Americans in jails, on parole

By KASIE HUNT, Associated Press Writer Thu Nov 30, 1:37 PM ET

WASHINGTON - A record 7 million people - or one in every 32 American adults - were behind bars, on probation or on parole by the end of last year, according to the Justice Department. Of those, 2.2 million were in prison or jail, an increase of 2.7 percent over the previous year, according to a report released Wednesday.

More than 4.1 million people were on probation and 784,208 were on parole at the end of 2005. Prison releases are increasing, but admissions are increasing more.
The full news release is here. I think this may well be an absolute World Record??? Something to "shout" about. :)

We can add to this:

... Some 19 million people in the U.S. suffer from depression in any given year.
See More media articles about fraud in psychiatric drug ads

Wizard said:
Laura wrote :
So it is left to Laura and the SOTT team to be that Beacon of Light that the world so sorely needs. Thank you.
I'd just add this is not just left to Laura, Ark and SOTT team but to every single one of us who is aware enough. Only that way it makes sense.

And if shoutwire screechers are still reading this thread just for the record:

I am here out of my free will and choice. No academic institution so far was capable of offering what this place has to offer, and that is very simple teaching how to use your own brain and your heart.
No Cult no Cult Leaders.
Only sacrifice required is the sacrifice of your ego and false personality.

I followed the SW saga with a lot of interest and learnt many things.

beliefs
I got the confirmation that for most people, a group of individuals researching taboo topics like ufo, hypnosis, conspiracies will be automatically labelled as a cult of crazy people. Displaying objective data will be a loss of time since we don't face open mindness, objective research paradigms but strongly rooted beliefs/programs.

change
It was a brave, painful and enriching move to test SW. Entropy/habits/closeness are some of the human beings' worst enemies. By going towards SW we reduced entropy and discovered new teachings.

battle
One threat was to mix up battles. The ego battle (who's right, who's wrong) was lost before being started because the battlefied was highly unfavourable (no control of administration tools, strongly oriented audience,...), we faced mostly people who, whatever could have happened were convinced to be right and some of them were ready to use a borad variety of mean means.

Minority VS majority
Another threat would have been to focus on convincing a majority of the SW readers (the quantitative approach). Each one has is own lessons to learn and free will even in SW should be highly respected. However, even if our discussions and articles stimulated the research/questioning of one single individual then it is an unvaluable progress.

means
We could have also fallen into Machiavelism, the end (demonstrating the legitimacy of our sayings) justifying the means (diffamatory words, personal attacks, lies, deception,...) So the key was not to be considered right or wrong, crazy or sane but the tools we would choose to use and not use all along those exchanges. I guess that it's through the use of "ethical" methods/tools (and the intrinsic content of articles) that some minority people might have been interested in researching further. It is certainly difficult not to fall into angriness, blindness, aggressivity when experiencing such infamous and numerous attacks but it was a good test.

To conclude I wish to give all my support to Laura, family and the SOTT team. I guess this SW experience was not such a smooth journey, I hope everybody is behind it now. In the end we learnt a lot and we didn't sell our souls.

and just one more thing cos it really bugs me when someone , no matter how insignificant slanders decent and honest people in this fashion.
It is implied that this cult is after your money or whatever.

How "cult" this is:

I ve been purchasing many books and different goods over the net. Once I was scammed and most of the times it was obvious I am dealing with unethical and greedy folks who care for you only until money has flowed into their account.

My first dealing with "the cult" begins when ordering "cult leader's" book ( to anyone with few grey cells in their brain it easy to see that this book is the result of hard years of thorugh, unbiased and serious study which can put to shame most of the academics who keep procrastinate at their institutions repeating eachother in parrot like fashion)
it took some time for book to arrive. The publishers actually have a disclaimer saying that sometimes it can take up to two months (if I am not mistaken) due to particular shipping circumstances. Regardless of this I ve become suspicious as the said time period was nearing to its end and I wrote slightly harsh letter to publishers.
I regreted this as book arrived litterally following day.
nevertheless publishers took my complaint so seriously that in a 20 days time I had another copy of the book waiting for me to collect it at post office, and I am guessing this time it was sent through faster chanell at extra cost.
Since actions speak more then words I leave you to judge for yourself. If I was dishonest person I could have kept both books and "cult leader" would suffer material damages.

It is also clear that SOTT team is making alot of books and results of sincere and very hard work available to general public for free. Nobody asks you for any money or conditions your participatiuon in disscusion forum with financial involvement.
It is very clear that most of the people abuse this.

Lets also look into the aspect of this "cult" brainwashing that is suggested by people who appearently dont even know what brain is let alone how to use one.

My experience is that I started participation on this forum not because I blindly beleived in what was being said but because I wanted to probe for more answers so I can reach my own conclusions. The very "cult leader" never , and I say never even when dealing with most vicious trolls approaches forum participants from position of authority or chosen spiritual messiah. In every discussion she is always on the same level as other participants, expressing her doubts and admiting her mistakes.
Whats even more important is that when dealing with other forum members she is always genuine human being to the fullest meaning of this term.
Every "cult member" here has unique opportunity to learn manny lessons and the most important of all is how to use their brain properly.
Promoting thinking with a hammer in a cult would be an oxymoron wouldnt it?
But I bet your bunch dont even know what that is, well moron maybe

Perhaps it is time now for some little parody-fun :) Are we allowed to?

I am proposing the following banner for SW:

Juvenile Psychopaths of all States - Unite .... on Shoutwire.

And for some enlightenment we may like to have a look at this web page: Self-Haters Unite

Only one issue this Virellek character brought up might be worth looking into: the visiting statistics. They are rather confusing. Free counters like Site Meter often miss a lot of traffic compared to server side stats. That could explain the difference between roughly 4000 per day (Site Meter) and 15.000 per day (mentioned elswhere by one of the administrators - couldn't retrace it unfortunately). But even with this amount, the total since june 2006 could not exceed 3 million, while the Signs page mentions 12 million visitors. If this is really the case, why don't get rid of Site Meter and use a more reliable counter?

ark said:
Perhaps it is time now for some little parody-fun :) Are we allowed to?
I am sure parody is allowed, yet I would rather see SOTT sticking to open and serious discussion and dissociating completely from Shoutwire. What do others think?

the rabbit said:
Small steps can sometimes yield great results.

Now i dont want to get all religious here,though Jesus sat and spoke with what we might call the biggest scumbags on the planet. Sometimes, according to those stories people turned away from their STS paths.
Yeah, that's why people who are on the STO path must interact (and chose to do so) with those playing around in the 'STS Playpen', whether or not these people know where they actually are and what they are actually doing, or not.

I gotta admit that inspite of the very real 'editing' and vectoring that went on with alot of JC's sayings, he was actually a 'do-er' and a 'mover and shaker'. No reason why he shouldn't be an inspiration to all of us as far as I can see.

Keith Olbermann Proves That Dissent Has An Audience

By Daphne Evitar
The Nation
December 2, 2006

MSNBC's Keith Olbermann has become the first cable news host in years to tell it like it is, and his soaring ratings prove the American public does have a taste for real news and honest dissent.
I don't 'get' it. Dissent has always had an audience! It looks like MSNBC is yet again pointing out the obvious in an attempt to make it look like they've discovered something new or 'odd' and unusual.

In fact, there could be some sort of proportion to it. Like: The more a-holes there are 'running the show': The more dissent there's gonna be. I sure do wish they wouldn't take such a condescending and patronising attitude towards truth in order to get themselves more 'mainstream'. Labelling the pursuit of truth as 'dissent' kind of comes across like that. Mainstream media at its best.

salleles said:
Only one issue this Virellek character brought up might be worth looking into: the visiting statistics. They are rather confusing. Free counters like Site Meter often miss a lot of traffic compared to server side stats. That could explain the difference between roughly 4000 per day (Site Meter) and 15.000 per day (mentioned elswhere by one of the administrators - couldn't retrace it unfortunately). But even with this amount, the total since june 2006 could not exceed 3 million, while the Signs page mentions 12 million visitors. If this is really the case, why don't get rid of Site Meter and use a more reliable counter?
The site meter counter is accurate from a certain date. The other counter is based on a longer life span. I.E. I added site meter to the page when we redid the backend of the signs page, so it's fairly young. So the numbers won't be equal.

Back
Top Bottom