Session 24 October 2009

This is great, this will only strenghten my commitment.

"And Lo, The Fellowship was Born."

Yes, it's only a beginning and the road ahead is difficult because the Frodo has to bring the ring to Mordor. :lol:

Lúthien said:
I gather that QFS will stay QFS -- a private group for members wanting to participate more intensely and actively in the Work, as explained in Laura's post above. As for non-QFS forum members, they will be able to join FOTCM (while not being required to join QFS at the same time), as long as they're committed and participate in the Church in some way, whether financially, sharing on the forum, helping with projects, etc.
As a note, and according to my understanding, QFS is not the level of teachers, though there certainly are teachers within QFS. In a way we could say that the real teacher is the Group itself, where the input of all members added together allows for an objective vision of reality (at least, as objective as possible).
That's my understanding of it, anyway.

Thanks Lúthien for clearing that up. It does make sense. Does this mean then that QFS is accepting new applicants now along with the newly created FOTCM? I'd be interested in joining both, but I don't know if I'm qualified for QFS.

Thanks again!

RyanX said:
Lúthien said:
I gather that QFS will stay QFS -- a private group for members wanting to participate more intensely and actively in the Work, as explained in Laura's post above. As for non-QFS forum members, they will be able to join FOTCM (while not being required to join QFS at the same time), as long as they're committed and participate in the Church in some way, whether financially, sharing on the forum, helping with projects, etc.
As a note, and according to my understanding, QFS is not the level of teachers, though there certainly are teachers within QFS. In a way we could say that the real teacher is the Group itself, where the input of all members added together allows for an objective vision of reality (at least, as objective as possible).
That's my understanding of it, anyway.

Thanks Lúthien for clearing that up. It does make sense. Does this mean then that QFS is accepting new applicants now along with the newly created FOTCM? I'd be interested in joining both, but I don't know if I'm qualified for QFS.

Thanks again!

As Laura said:

Laura said:
Our work with this forum is to try to extend some of the principles we work through in QFS to a wider group of people, to work with people and help them, and when forum members are ready, they often join QFS. The same is true for some people who work on SOTT and in our translation group... they often decide to join QFS too.

So according to my understanding, yes QFS is accepting new applicants and there is an admission committee who evaluates each demand.

thanks for the very exciting session. For me the word church did restart some old program, but now that the intention is clear I understand. As Buddy wrote: Life is indeed religion.

Thanks for the new session Laura et al that was fantastic!! I'm so excited by all this!!
I don't think you need worry about not having done it sooner as fwiw it feels like just the right time for this.

RyanX said:

Thanks again!

I asked Laura about joining the QFS at the beginning of the month, this is what she said about the requirements.
Laura said:
Hi,

The basic requirements are having read The Wave and Adventures and active participation on the forum for at least 3 months (I believe). When you are ready, send a PM to one of the moderators (or me) and you'll get an application.

L

Hope that helps

spyraal said:
I think creating the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind (FOTCM) is such a great and well thought of idea. Indeed, as long as each of us is "just other individual" we have few chances to penetrate and counter-balance the STS system. The Fellowship as an official religion seems to provide a great legal platform on which we can stand and hold our ground, our freedom to choose, think and act beyond the strict and depressing limits of the false STS propagated options and ideas, and in a specially good timing for the people living in the USA.

Yeah, seriously! I didn't even cross my mind that freedom of religious expression is such a powerful tool. In Brampton, Sikh's are allowed to wear turbans while on duty as police officer's, which is against Police policy, but because it is a necessary part of their religion, exemptions are made. Also, they are allowed to carry around daggers with them, as part of their religious duty, but they can't unsheath the dagger or take it out of it's holster.

Laura said:
Perhaps you didn't realize that we have so much activity going on behind the forum! And now, things are going to get very busy indeed and we are going to need all the helpers we can get because right now, about everybody is maxed out on the many projects we have going on!

RyanX said:
I'd be more than willing to donate whatever time I have available to help with projects and I tend to have a lot of free time on my hands as of late...

Yeah me too! I don't know how I can help, because I don't know what the projects entail. But I can definitely offer time, effort, and a willingness to help.

So much has happened this year, its almost surreal, as if "Is this really happening?" But it is! And it's nerve-wracking, yet exciting at the same time!

Many thanks for this session. This really is fantastic news. Finally, a religion of real truth and objectivity on this planet!. Perhaps this may be the catalyst to 'change the past, present and future' as the C's have indicated is possible.

There are many more developed folk than me here on the forum but I will do what I can to help and my application will be in the post ASAP. :)

Bohort (Namaste) said:
As Laura said:

Laura said:
Our work with this forum is to try to extend some of the principles we work through in QFS to a wider group of people, to work with people and help them, and when forum members are ready, they often join QFS. The same is true for some people who work on SOTT and in our translation group... they often decide to join QFS too.

So according to my understanding, yes QFS is accepting new applicants and there is an admission committee who evaluates each demand.

Thanks Bohort for clearing that up!

RedFox said:
I asked Laura about joining the QFS at the beginning of the month, this is what she said about the requirements.
Laura said:
Hi,

The basic requirements are having read The Wave and Adventures and active participation on the forum for at least 3 months (I believe). When you are ready, send a PM to one of the moderators (or me) and you'll get an application.

L

Hope that helps

You just answered my next question Redfox! Thanks! :)

Laura said:
Nem said:
Wow, that's a huge step!
However, I'm quite concerned, and can be quite ignorant, but if it is an official and legal "religion" what about the current "religion" somebody is "signed in". You can't follow two religions right? So, for example, in order for myself to participate I would need to resign from the former resulting in apostasy ( so excommunication, loss of rights for a catholic marriage) etc ? Or am I misleading myself here? It's just so exciting but overwhelms me as well.

Well, that is something of a problem. You can't belong to both, obviously. An atty who writes articles on the net and specializes in this sort of thing has written the following:

Atty David Gibbs Jr. said:
Q: What constitutes a "church" in the eyes of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?
A: The Internal Revenue Code does not specifically define the term "church." However, because special tax rules apply to churches, it is important to distinguish them from other religious organizations. Certain characteristics are generally attributed to churches. These attributes were developed by the IRS and by court decisions and include the following:

* A distinct legal existence;
* A recognized creed and form of worship;
* A definite and distinct ecclesiastical government;
* A formal code of doctrine and discipline;
* A distinct religious history;
* A membership not associated with any other church or denomination;
* An organization of ordained ministers;
* Ordained ministers selected after completing prescribed courses of study or examination by doctrinal questioning;
* Established places of worship;
* A literature of its own;
* Regular congregations;
* Sunday schools for the religious instruction of the young; and
* Schools for the preparation of its ministers.

Although this list is not all-inclusive, and all of the attributes need not be present in every case, these characteristics, together with other facts and circumstances, are generally used to determine whether an organization constitutes a church for federal tax purposes.

So I understand that it's illegal to join FOTCM if being already a follower of another religion. And sadly I'm still too young and too dependent upon my family to say them that I change my faith. It would certainly throw a lot of suffering and make me feel totally uncomfortable with my parents as well as ashamed of me. Including my environment. I'm afraid that this type of commitment is currently out of my range.. if there isn't any other way.
The idea is exciting, tough...

Laura said:
For now, anyone who wants to join can send their request to

Quantum Future Group, Inc
P.O. Box 4322
Boulder, CO 80306

You will receive from me a little questionnaire and statement of support of the principles that you must sign and return, and then I will send you a certificate of membership and a membership card to carry in your wallet. It will help if you include a few bux for postage!

What would be the best way to format this request? Would it be best to just have it be a typed letter in business format saying that "I would like to join the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind. Please send an application to: __"?

Regarding religions people already belong to and that they would need to resign from, does it also include the fact of being baptized at birth and having followed catechism during childhood, even if now you don't practice Catholicism anymore? I suppose not, but asking just in case…

Thanks for the very interesting session,

This is really exciting, will be sending a request!

:clap:

Masamune said:
What would be the best way to format this request? Would it be best to just have it be a typed letter in business format saying that "I would like to join the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind. Please send an application to: __"?

Yeah, I would think that would be ideal. It's simple, to the point. Also Laura stated:

Laura said:
Yes, we'll sort things out. I'll ask Mr. Scott if he can set up an official email account for the Fellowship and we can start taking requests by email and get things sorted out pretty fast. Give us a day or so to handle the logistics. This is going to be a huge project... oh, dear...

Back
Top Bottom