Session 24 October 2009

This is a wonderful concept and I see this is probably what you were alluding to here:

Laura said:
Leo40 said:
Considering the given, i.e. we are the 200, the difficulty is the fact that we are not physically in the
same location. Therefore may I suggest that forum members practise community creation in their locality.
One can practise discernment when dealing with "others". There is almost always a point of connection,
common interests in selfsufficiency, ecology, permaculture, CSA (community supported agriculture),
creation of food co-ops and in general promoting the idea of co-operation.

How do the forum members feel about creating a "skills exchange" in a closed forum; just a brief listing
of skills available to us. <snip>

How do we begin to disconnect from our dependence on the current pathological civilisation we live in, and to defend ourselves against it at the same time?

By creating local community and bypassing as much as possible the existing system.

How do we care for and defend this family in its current 'foetal' state, from the highly dangerous and toxic external conditions, to give it a chance to grow?

We are still a virtual family and I feel the forum is well defended.

All good ideas, but we must keep in mind that we may not have the forum forever. And that's not just a concern about the PTB acting nasty... the planet itself may go through things that will make our mass communication media inactive. So, as you say, creating local community is the way to go. But that needs some sort of guidance and structure on a local basis that can preserve the values and, at the same time, adjust to the local needs and growth.

Let me just say that we have an idea/plan that we will be unveiling very soon that we think will serve very well. It's actually something that is so obvious that it took a lot of concerted "attack" effort from "outside" to block it from our view (mine, in particular).

I'm curious if you are going to consider this a "fourth way school" or if Gurdjieff is just going to be considered as one source out of many?

Thank you for this session! It is so exciting - all the new developments this year - leading up to this. Reading the Statement of Principles of the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind after this thread and sleeping on it to settle my mind's excitement I thought I'd post my utmost congratulations and heartfelt gratitude for all you guys have done all these years culminating in this latest development.

Mrs. Tigersoap said:
Wow! That's so great! I've been searching for such a thing my whole life (and sometimes got really lost on the way..)!
Ever since Pepperfritz passed away, I've felt closer and closer to people of the forum and this just comes as the icing on the cake!
I know it's not what we talk about here, but I cannot help but picture us all living together almost as a tribe (a Fellowship!), in harmony, peacefully - but that's just the hippie part of me talking I guess.

That summed up my initial reaction/thoughts/feelings pretty well.

I can't wait for all the coming developments! There's also SO much work to be done.... Having done the diet / detoxing for around a year and EE for the last few months, I feel and hope I will be able to help and contribute at a much greater level.

Hello,

I have a lot of understanding for members who feel awkward with the words "religion" and "church". I am one of them too. ;)
The way i see it, the purpose of the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind is -at least- twofold:
First it is a legal "shield" under which certain liberties and choices can be practiced, and also a kind of organizational "vehicle" which can take you to places that formerly were unreachable without it.

The word "religion" raises all kinds of alarms to any person that has fought against the pathological influence of our current mainstream religions while working towards objectivity and his personal evolution. But in reality "religion" is but a word which is flooded with society's input and definitions. Here i will quote Gurdjieff from In Search of the Miraculous (ISOTM) -with emphasis mine:

Ouspensky said:
Among the talks of the period I am describing, that is, the end of 1916, G. several
times touched upon questions of religion. And when anyone asked him anything
connected with religion G. invariably began by emphasizing the fact that there is
something very wrong at the basis of our usual attitude towards problems of religion
"In the first place," he always said, "religion is a relative concept; it corresponds to
the level of a man's being
; and one man's religion might not be at all suitable for
another man, that is to say, the religion of a man of one level of being is not suitable
for a man of another level of being.

"It must be understood that the religion of man number one is of one kind; the
religion of man number two is of another kind; and the religion of man number three
is of a third kind. The religion of man number four, number five, and further is
something of a kind totally different from the religion of man number one, number
two, and number three.

"In the second place religion is doing; a man does not merely think his religion or
feel it, he 'lives' his religion as much as he is able, otherwise it is not religion but
fantasy or philosophy. Whether he likes it or not he shows his attitude towards
religion by his actions and he can show his attitude only by his actions.
Therefore if
his actions are opposed to those which are demanded by a given religion he cannot
assert that he belongs to that religion. The vast majority of people who call
themselves Christians have no right whatever to do so, because they not only fail to
carry out the demands of their religion but they do not even think that these demands
ought to be carried out.

So religions "correspond to the level of men's being" says G.
Current monotheistic religions do not correspond to the needs and the level of being of quite a lot of people on this planet and on many among this forum.
So what about this obvious gap that exists for a religion -in it's true sense- for people who have or want to achieve and communicate a higher level of esoteric development? :rolleyes:

I admit i wouldn't have thought of a "religion" -in the common sense of the word- as a solution that could facilitate such a purpose originally. But it seems that another kind of "religion" of a different level can, and in a very "wise and gentle" way!
Also, i guess that there is no real "competition of consciousness" between the Fellowship and other "religions" as in reality they aim at people of different Being. Since the main difference will be in Being, and thus in the ability for Doing, the Fellowship has the potential to stand out by simply "practicing what it preaches",especially when that crucial need for consistency between saying and doing is something which is silently disregarded by mainstream "religions". As G says, the ancient meaning of the true Church is but that of a school.

Even more, G says that for each type of man ("man number one,two" etc. called so in terms of esoteric evolution, see ISOTM) , the idea and experience of religion becomes a completely another thing. In that line of thought, the idea of the Fellowship working in levels of concentric circles and having various degrees (like Teachers and Elders) should come as no surprise, as according to both G and common sense, their having evolved to another type of man makes them have different and enhanced sense of things which brings them "one circle closer to the center" or closer to Objective Reality in a way. And thus they have greater insight to see, greater knowledge to decide, and most importantly greater Being to Do -together with greater responsibility.

All in all, i guess each of us has a lot to clear up inside our heads regarding some things and concepts. Our use of words and their meaning is growing together and in parallel with us. This is a good opportunity to grow. Having given some thought, i consider the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind a wise and bold move towards acquiring the critical mass which can cause change and hope in a larger-than-personal scale. And God knows how much this is needed! I wish good strength to all.

Thank you
:)

I just have one question, sorry if it's something that was already said, but I didn't quite get it:
being registered as a member of a church that exists in USA has no legal meaning in my country as long as it is not officially established here too (checked the law about religious communities, and just to mention, to register a new church here is a complicated and a long process, at least at the time being). So question is, should I still send the application, or is it currently intended just for people in the States?

spyraal said:
Ouspensky said:
Among the talks of the period I am describing, that is, the end of 1916, G. several
times touched upon questions of religion. And when anyone asked him anything
connected with religion G. invariably began by emphasizing the fact that there is
something very wrong at the basis of our usual attitude towards problems of religion
"In the first place," he always said, "religion is a relative concept; it corresponds to
the level of a man's being
; and one man's religion might not be at all suitable for
another man, that is to say, the religion of a man of one level of being is not suitable
for a man of another level of being.

"It must be understood that the religion of man number one is of one kind; the
religion of man number two is of another kind; and the religion of man number three
is of a third kind. The religion of man number four, number five, and further is
something of a kind totally different from the religion of man number one, number
two, and number three.

"In the second place religion is doing; a man does not merely think his religion or
feel it, he 'lives' his religion as much as he is able, otherwise it is not religion but
fantasy or philosophy. Whether he likes it or not he shows his attitude towards
religion by his actions and he can show his attitude only by his actions.
Therefore if
his actions are opposed to those which are demanded by a given religion he cannot
assert that he belongs to that religion. The vast majority of people who call
themselves Christians have no right whatever to do so, because they not only fail to
carry out the demands of their religion but they do not even think that these demands
ought to be carried out.

So religions "correspond to the level of men's being" says G.
Current monotheistic religions do not correspond to the needs and the level of being of quite a lot of people on this planet and on many among this forum.

Thanks for bringing up this quote. Now I guess we understand why the Cs like 5 levels. I hadn't thought of that though certainly it was somewhere in my mind, having read that text so many times.

Anyway, this gives us an idea that we ought to structure these levels to correspond to the needs/abilities of those 5 levels of wo/men.

A lot of work to do.

ava said:
I just have one question, sorry if it's something that was already said, but I didn't quite get it:
being registered as a member of a church that exists in USA has no legal meaning in my country as long as it is not officially established here too (checked the law about religious communities, and just to mention, to register a new church here is a complicated and a long process, at least at the time being). So question is, should I still send the application, or is it currently intended just for people in the States?

I would say that if you feel it is right for you, go ahead and send the application. You could become part of the team that helps to get the Fellowship registered in your country once we have the ways and means to do that.

We have fixed up an application form that you can print, fill out and send in. Go here:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=14418.0

wow. lots of action since i last logged on.

thank you very much for continuing to share the sessions.

while the whole thing smells like a gigantic trap to my paranoid mind, i wish all participants that i'm totally and utterly OFF - and best of luck and success!!

seems like you'll be making this part of the SOTT-journey without me, as i won't be able (or willing) to overcome my rejection of concepts like church or religion.

not trying to start an argument or produce noise, just feedback.

Iconoclast said:

while the whole thing smells like a gigantic trap to my paranoid mind, i wish all participants that i'm totally and utterly OFF - and best of luck and success!!

seems like you'll be making this part of the SOTT-journey without me, as i won't be able (or willing) to overcome my rejection of concepts like church or religion.

Have you actually read the principles listed or this entire thread? I'm not trying to 'start an argument' or offend you, just wondering if what you admit to being your 'paranoid mindset' has had a chance to actually read the information before walking away? Programs, programs everywhere and not a drop to drink! ;)

Iconoclast said:

Maybe you can take your concepts of church and religion and put them in the garbages where they belong because they have been corrupted.

If you are willing to do that, then you can read the Fellowship thread and have a new view for those two concepts.

Laura said:
Exactly. And, since Bush and the gang did all their stuff about giving money to churches to operate programs, and our atty is working on our 501(c)(3) filings to make us eligible for those monies, (though we can't count on that - there may be hoops we can't jump through to get go funding), we could do a lot of different things.

Ha! that is awesome. Truly gentle as a dove and wise as a serpent. But you are right you can't count on it, nevertheless it is a beautiful strategy.
But I'm not worried, I can think of so many ways funds can be raised now through the church.

Laura said:
Last night I was thinking about setting up places where the homeless can get decent food. And I mean DECENT food, not crap. Good whole brown rice, dried beans, veggies, etc. We could make videos to teach people the basic principles of a good, detoxing diet and show them how to cook food that is nutritious and make it tasty, too.

Absolutely. And I think we can go further eventually. One of the things that I experimented with when I was living on a farm, was small scale vegetable growing. I tried different but practical ways to organize and stimulate healthy organic vegetable growth. I think that self sufficient food co-ops that can be sponsored by the church can be eventually setup. Kinda " Teaching people how to fish."

Laura said:
Then, I was thinking about buying land where the homeless and disenfranchised could come and create communities, help each other build homes...

Exactly. And I think that is very important. In my opinion one of the main reasons most good people that are ether blind to see or refuse to see the problems we are facing, is because they have to struggle for survival. Spiritual development and psychopathic mutations, are far from their immediate problems. Solve that and you will see a massive shift of priorities.

Laura said:
Well, obviously, I'm getting ahead of myself, but I was sure thinking along the same lines you are.

Ever since I have read the new session and what you guys are up too, I have had a surge of ideas and strategies. I can't explain it. I just know I have had to literally bite my tongue and force myself not to get ahead of myself. As you know there are limitations to what can be discussed publicly, well at first anyway before the implementation of the strategy. So I know that I have to wait for now till the right time and place.

Laura said:
Exactly. We have a small start with the breathing/meditation program. Right away, that can be taught and meditation groups can be started. We will have to have workshops to train everyone, grant their ordination, and provide them with materials, but it's doable from where we are right now. Then, as groups form, they can begin to decide what they can do in their own context and community to actualize the principles.

All I can say is "These are truly exciting times".

Laura said:
Exactly. I mean, do we abandon our children because they aren't grown up yet?

No way.

Laura said:
I will admit that taking this step has been agonizing for me. Like many of you, my feeling about "churches" and organized religion has been less than positive. And with all the rants I write about it, geeze... well. You get the picture. But after having those conversations with the two millionaires whose attitudes about others were obviously the means by which they became millionaires in this society, I had to think: Is that the ONLY way? Isn't there another way? A way where we don't ask "Am I my brother's keeper?" Instead we know "I AM my brother." And we act accordingly.

I can only imagine how difficult it must be for yourself and others whom are having difficulty with the idea of "churches". Believe me I had a rather intense conversation with my better half recently as you might have guessed. The brutal coldness of the mind trap is paralyzing.
But I do know as time goes by, and some of the results of the efforts of the church are seen and felt, we all will have different feelings and attitudes towards the idea of "churches".
Like the old saying goes, "By their fruits ye shall know them"

I for one have no problems with the name church and have already completed my application. One question if I were to send a small donation along with my application, could I assume a check could be written to the name "The Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind " or should the whole name be included "The Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind, Institute of Paleo Christianity"?

An appeal to any one else, especially long standing members of the forum, thinking of "walking" away over this!

Why not voice concerns first? raise questions you may have, perhaps in the swamp if you need to?

There is no need to argue, but intelligent relevant concerns have always been raised and accepted fairly, and there is no
indication that anything has changed !

Many of us here distrust organised religion. Laura describes the process she went through to arrive at this point as "agonising"

The spectrum of reaction to the concept was always going to be very wide, I guess I am some where in the middle at the moment
but the difference that the ideology of QFG has made to my life, makes it too valuable to give up

Like me, many of us have "taken" a great deal from this forum - and if we "owe" it anything, it is a chance to discuss issues that concern us, if we can not reach that point by reading the other members posts.

This may even be my first rant? sorry-

Silly question but...

Laura said:
We have fixed up an application form that you can print, fill out and send in. Go here:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=14418.0

On the application, at the end, you list signature, date and place signed. Am I supposed to just write home or my home town or something?

anart said:
Iconoclast said:

Have you actually read the principles listed or this entire thread? I'm not trying to 'start an argument' or offend you, just wondering if what you admit to being your 'paranoid mindset' has had a chance to actually read the information before walking away? Programs, programs everywhere and not a drop to drink! ;)

The baby that got thrown out with the bath water just called to say a sacred cow jumped the fence of the pasture. :-)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! To all, especially Laura & SOTT.

While first reading the session so many of the emotions & thoughts already posted here went through my mind. From elation to fear and everything in between. It has been a tough two weeks since my daughters illness and I have managed only parts of the EE program & meditations. The swamp has been thick with many things. My mind has gained some rest from the predators mind after reading this session & through the thread, again thank you all.

Being we live in this sts world and the possibility for infinite possibilities to arise from the creation of FOTCM, there is gonna be possibilities of good & bad. For me I can't, not become a member just because of fears that I may have a bullseye on my back or on the other hand because I may get a patch of honor for it.

Yes the word church has been something for 20 years or more I have shied away from. As well as covens, prayer groups and the like. I could not just follow blindly anyone else's doctrine. For years I belonged to the church of Bluestar. :lol: Seeking out what was best for me through the study of knowledge. Then I found this group of people from all over the world, reading material from a woman who channeled information and made other suggested reading. It was a hard bite to swallow at first, I am skeptical and have seen many false prophets along the way. As I read through the Wave, Experiments, and adventures, and as I read through the suggest books, I have become a part of something that is great. Incorporating this all into my already stock pile of information of my seeker nature. It seems a natural flow of the evolution of this material.

Joining for me is the spreading of the good will of the programs offered here. Becoming part of this community that I have allowed into my heart. I have been spreading through other various communities I know by making them aware of the websites & forum. What they do with the info is their choice.

Sent in my application and let me know how I can be of service.

Back
Top Bottom