Quotes

Speaking of quotes, I'm looking for the exact words to the quote which I believe was from Gurdjieff that went something like.... an honorable man remains honorable even when under stress? I read it somewhere on this forum or in the Wave Series but I'm having a heck of a time finding it again. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

Speaking of quotes, I'm looking for the exact words to the quote which I believe was from Gurdjieff that went something like.... an honorable man remains honorable even when under stress? I read it somewhere on this forum or in the Wave Series but I'm having a heck of a time finding it again. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
Do you mean this one?

“A decent man will behave decently even if he thinks that he has been treated unjustly or wrongly. But many people in such circumstances show a side of their nature which otherwise they would never show. And at times it is a necessary means for exposing a man’s nature. So long as you are good to a man he is good to you. But what will he be like if you scratch him a little?”

“I have a theory that the moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself.
I have tried this experiment a thousand times and I have never been disappointed.

The more I look at a thing, the more I see in it, and the more I see in it, the more I want to see. It is like peeling an onion. There is always another layer, and another, and another.
And each layer is more beautiful than the last.

This is the way I look at the world.

I don't see it as a collection of objects, but as a vast and mysterious organism.
I see the beauty in the smallest things, and I find wonder in the most ordinary events.
I am always looking for the hidden meaning, the secret message.

I am always trying to understand the mystery of life.

I know that I will never understand everything, but that doesn't stop me from trying.
I am content to live in the mystery, to be surrounded by the unknown.

I am content to be a seeker, a pilgrim, a traveler on the road to nowhere.
~ Henry Miller

In this world Hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate. This is the law, Ancient and inexhaustible.

Gautama Buddah.

In response to peoples and events that strike against our feelings, our views, or even our identities, should we pursue these feelings? Would pursuing these feelings contribute to an increase of skillful or unskillful qualities in us? Would pursuing these feelings make us angrier or make us more compassionate? Can we learn from these feelings and better understand the origin of hatred and the origin of human suffering?

I had rather believe all the Fables in the Legend, and the Talmud, and the Alcoran, then that this universal Frame, is without a Mind. And therefore, God never wrought Miracle, to convince Atheism, because his Ordinary Works convince it. It is true, that a little Philosophy inclineth Man’s Mind to Atheism; But depth in Philosophy, bringeth Men’s Minds about to Religion.

“The Essayes Or Covnsels, Civill and Morall” by Francis Bacon (1625)

...formal heads, kings, presidents, etc. don't really have real power. They're just talking heads. They don't solve anything. They simply portray gestures of powerful and majestic acquiescence when decisions are put on the table for them to voice. They are puppets who only darken the picture. Advisory bodies and electoral assemblies also do not really decide anything. They only document the accumulated program of external forces and often do it very imperfectly, which causes irritation.

- H. G. Wells, Open Conspiracy

Would like to share a quote from Russian famous actor, who unfortunately died young with all of his film crew in 2002😭. No bodies were ever found.
The disaster that occurred on September 20, 2002 in the Karmadon gorge in North Ossetia (glacier descent). As a result, 125 people died and went missing, including the film crew of the film "Svyaznoy" and its actor and director Sergei Bodrov Jr.
I think it perfectly represents the principle of STO🙏

Helping people

"I always try to sincerely help my neighbor... And I am absolutely convinced that helping people has a ripple effect. By helping someone else, you involuntarily motivate him to help someone else, and so on, you strengthen the relationship with the one you helped. Perhaps you can ask for a favor later when you need help yourself... You see, helping other people helps you grow and develop, which in the future can change you in ways you never suspected."

Sergey Bodrov

On free and honest media:

Our republic and its press will rise or fall together. An able, disinterested, public-spirited press, with trained intelligence to know the right and courage to do it, can preserve that public virtue without which popular government is a sham and a mockery. A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself. The power to mould the future of the Republic will be in the hands of the journalism of future generations.”

― Joseph Pulitzer

Back
Top Bottom