My Father's Wake

This question is difficult to answer in general terms as praying is a personal affair, different for different people. Having said that, I think anything sincere from the heart to the heart will suffice to make contact in some form or another. Therefore, if your intentions are genuine the way in which you pray (form or format) seems of minor importance. You just have to have faith in the process for it to succeed, I think.

I did a search to find out what is on offer on this subject and got the following. Please note, none of it gives you direct answers to your question but all are helpful in approaching it from several, diverse angles. The rest is up to you, I'm afraid. :hug2:

How to pray for the souls of the dead
On Death
Descriptions of the "afterlife"
Is the bright white light and tunnel an alien trap for discarnate spirits?

Density
Prayer
Prayer of the Soul

I really hope this will provide you with the necessary building blocks for solving your problem. Take care! :flowers:
Thank you for this post, just buried mom yesterday and was searching forums for something to read to comfort losing someone so close to you. Losing mom, so full of life and always with a smile no matter how bad she felt is going to be difficult and will take time...I had showed her this forum and she found it very interesting, we had some conversations about the afterlife, and she believes the soul lives on. I am hoping she will find a way to contact one or all of her kids to let them know shes ok, but she may still be sleeping at this point.

read to comfort losing someone so close to you. Losing mom, so full of life and always with a smile no matter how bad she felt is going toThank you for this post, just buried mom yesterday and was searching forums for something to be difficult and will take time...I had showed her this forum and she found it very interesting, we had some conversations about the afterlife, and she believes the soul lives on. I am hoping she will find a way to contact one or all of her kids to let them know shes ok, but she may still be sleeping at this point.
I am very sorry to hear about your Mom FM258. The mourning and the missing will take time but by the sounds of it you have good memories of a very positive person. The fact you both were able to share thoughts and ideas around this Forum must, I think, have been a great help to her soul on passing over.

I hope she had a smooth transition and you will keep positive in your grieving and take good care of yourself. That, I feel, she would want more than anything.

Thank you for this post, just buried mom yesterday and was searching forums for something to read to comfort losing someone so close to you. Losing mom, so full of life and always with a smile no matter how bad she felt is going to be difficult and will take time...I had showed her this forum and she found it very interesting, we had some conversations about the afterlife, and she believes the soul lives on. I am hoping she will find a way to contact one or all of her kids to let them know shes ok, but she may still be sleeping at this point.

My deep condolences on the loss of you mother-
You are all in my thoughts and prayers🙏

I had showed her this forum and she found it very interesting, we had some conversations about the afterlife, and she believes the soul lives on. I am hoping she will find a way to contact one or all of her kids to let them know shes ok, but she may still be sleeping at this point.
I am so sorry for your loss FM258, I think it was very important what you did for your mother to have talked to her, so if thoughts go through all the densities there is great consolation that she can feel it and that you can carry her in your heart.
Temperance and love to you, take good care of yourself.

My condolences as well @FM258. With death, there isn't always an easy thing to say, or a right thing to say. It can also be confusing how one should act. We don't have much education in approaching death and dying in our culture. One thing that is key from what I've read of books on death and dying is that it's important to let yourself grieve. Some grief counsellors advise writing a letter, or several, to the deceased, to help in that process.

Take care, and may your Mom have a good transition.

...and she believes the soul lives on.

FM258, so glad you had time to discuss these things with you mum, and I offer you and your family my condolences.

May she transition well and arrive with much peace.
I am hoping she will find a way to contact one or all of her kids to let them know shes ok

She may indeed receive your thoughts and prayers. Stay open.

I am sorry for your loss @FM258 . May she have a smooth transition.

For the grief: I think it is different for everyone and everyone needs it´s own time. I think no one can give you "comfort" because grieving means also going through the feelings that are coming up. My experience is, they are coming and going in waves and sometimes it is the little things that are the reminders, a taste, a smell or a situation. I am sure you will find your own way of dealing with it. Don´t hesitate in either way to share it with us. That was another part of my healing process, to share my feelings with others. May you and your family find the strength to get through this time. :hug2:

Sometimes I found kind of a moments healing in poetry that spoke to my heart:

There’s a part of the grieving process,
where your soul kind of leaves your body too.
As though it’s off searching for the one you lost,
somewhere in the ether.
You walk around,
doing all the right things,
putting one foot in front of the other,
living,
but it’s really as though you’re the ghost.
Perhaps you are.
Perhaps your soul searches,
until you find the one you miss,
and they tell you to go back and live.
So, when that numbness passes brave one,
maybe it’s time to do what you are told,
go back and live,
twice as hard.
You don’t belong there in the ether,
nor do you need to search for the one you lost,
they find you.
And when they do, you’ll feel it.
By Donna Ashworth

Last edited:

Sorry for your loss, FM258. Having lost my own mother, and having spoken to others who have lost their close loved ones, I don’t think there’s any formula that fits everyone.

Take your time and accept that everything is different now, and just learn day by day what it means and how it feels for them to not be here any more. You can write them letters and burn them, you can talk to them out loud, or find a quite space and think about them.

And of course you can share here any time.

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mother, FM258. It's so good that you and your mother had a chance to talk about 5D. May her transition be smooth and may she rest in peace until it's time for a new adventure. :hug:

My condolences for your loss FM258. It can help to know that our loved ones are just on the other side of the veil which separates us and that we can still talk to them after their passing from this place.

Back
Top Bottom