How to Use the New Signs Page

a bit like the coloured stars on ebay? that's a great idea!

maybe use a olour-range that goes blue -> green -> yellow -> orange -> red or something like that.

Just wanted to let you know that on the Perle: Bush Will Green Light Iran Attack, the vote button is gone. And, yes, I'm logged in. The button is there on the other articles.....so far. At least all of the ones I've looked at, except the above mentioned.

Okay, never mind. After going through several other articles and then coming back to the Perle article, the vote sign is back. My computer must have loaded it incorrectly. Even after clicking the refresh button it was still gone.

But it's okay now. :D

atreides said:
There is no value in the top field beneath the text box. I think we might change it, but generally, it wants you to fill out all of the fields
There are values everywhere. I have the CSS in the text box, then a value of 1 and beneath it a value of 10.
I just figured out what the problem is...the first field doesn't like a value of 1, which is a setting I put in when I first registered slightly after you guys came out with the new format. I just changed it to 3 (since something in the 3 to 5 range is required) and now I can save CSS edits.

Bizarre.

Any chance of increasing the ' Recently added' list headings from 6 to 10 or 12. Having difficulties in keeping up to speed - must be my age or something.

I wanted make a reader remark but I couldn't create an account. When I used my current username and password I got a message that said something like the ip is already being used. Can anyone help this poor technically challenged user? :) Thanks!

Hello - Thank you all for your excellent work, it is truly keeping me sane.

I hope this question is not too annoying, but, what is the meaning/cause of the tag lines such as "the force is strong with this one," "padawan learner," etc. that appear under usernames? Is it generated randomly? Just wondering because now I see it shows up when I log in to my sott news account.

Thanks again!
Bianca

it is just a fun 'rating' based on how many posts you have made. you start off as 'the force is strong with this one', then after you have posted, I dunno, 20 posts it goes up to 'padawan learner' etc. all the way up to 'Emperor Palpatine'. (actually no, that's not it, he's a baddy ;) )
It is just atreides' sense of humor combined with love of George Lucas sci-fi i guess! he also tries to slip in the occasional reference to 'Dune' as well.

edit: woah. just noticed I've been promoted to Jedi General. kick *ss! :lol:

mamadrama said:
I wanted make a reader remark but I couldn't create an account. When I used my current username and password I got a message that said something like the ip is already being used. Can anyone help this poor technically challenged user? :) Thanks!
The Signs page login is separate from the forum login, but the login name "mamadrama" isn't currently taken. The IP address problem should be fixed now, so give it a whirl and try to sign up for an account again. :)

Scott said:
The Signs page login is separate from the forum login, but the login name "mamadrama" isn't currently taken. The IP address problem should be fixed now, so give it a whirl and try to sign up for an account again. :)
I signed up just fine, but when my wife tried she got "User ip has already been taken". Well, yes; we're on a LAN, behind a NAT firewall router, and all machines here are accessed through the same IP. I'm sure we're not alone in this. Since you do have email verification, isn't the IP restriction overkill? This problem does not exist with the Forum...

Correction: My signup didn't work either, though when I tried to do it again it said the username, password, and something else were already taken. No email arrived, though... Help?

jeremyg said:
I signed up just fine, but when my wife tried she got "User ip has already been taken". Well, yes; we're on a LAN, behind a NAT firewall router, and all machines here are accessed through the same IP. I'm sure we're not alone in this. Since you do have email verification, isn't the IP restriction overkill? This problem does not exist with the Forum...

Correction: My signup didn't work either, though when I tried to do it again it said the username, password, and something else were already taken. No email arrived, though... Help?
Hmm, the e-mail appears to have been sent, so I'm not sure what happened there. But your account should be working okay now. Your wife should also be able to sign up now. :)

Scott said:
jeremyg said:

Hmm, the e-mail appears to have been sent, so I'm not sure what happened there. But your account should be working okay now. Your wife should also be able to sign up now. :)
My email did get here finally, and my login now works. My wife got "Captcha CAPTCHA not found." But a retry worked, and she seems to be on her way... Thanks! :)

Hi guys,

The page is great. I love fact that an article is visible for several days. I've been doing "double-features" on my blog, pairing up articles that are related but not necessarily published on the same day. It's fun.

One question. Is there any mechanism for previewing or editing a comment? I'm having more "D'oh!" moments than usually lately, and I can't fix them. :rolleyes:

Herondancer

Hi
I'm desperately trying to register. The first attempt said that the e-mail address I gave was already being used, so I tried again using another of my e-mail addresses. This second attempt was also not accepted, and got the standard caption "your powers are weak old man, you should not have come.
I'm already registered with the Forum. :(
HELP!

Back
Top Bottom