Eckart Tolle and Adyashanti

Re: Oprah & Eckhart Tolles book \

loreta said:
The book of Laura is the beginning of a profound reflexion even if the subject is very sad and depressing. Tolle is for people who doesn't want to confront this dramatic reality. He is part of the system. The system does not want to be studied. Tole is for people who doesn't want to be face to face with the devil.

I think Tolle is great and I am ready to face the devil. I just don't see any conflict between Laura's work and Tolle's work. Laura's work is broader, Tolle chose a little niche which he explained very well.

Patience said:
That still does not explain how you read things into people's posts that aren't there.

I agree, I read things that weren't there.

Ok let's suppose it is all part of the system. I am not sure about that, but ok, let's assume it.

Then still, we can use it for good, instead of for evil, as long as we are conscious of its limitations?

Dirk said:
Patience said:
That still does not explain how you read things into people's posts that aren't there.

Ok let's suppose it is all part of the system. I am not sure about that, but ok, let's assume it.

Then still, we can use it for good, instead of for evil, as long as we are conscious of its limitations?

Once one truly becomes 'conscious of its limitations' it is of no use anyway. Dirk, you hold on very tightly to your view of things, especially when that view is limiting. It might be worth looking into.

anart said:
Dirk said:
Patience said:

Once one truly becomes 'conscious of its limitations' it is of no use anyway. Dirk, you hold on very tightly to your view of things, especially when that view is limiting. It might be worth looking into.

Suppose you are right and I am not, I won't change my perspective overnight. It will take time, if it happens at all. You, too, might be missing out on things. That said, it is a fair demand to ask me to read up on things more before I go into further discussion, because we are in your house at the moment.

I think one would be pleasently surprised if one would actually read Tolle, instead of instantly dismissing it, because it was on Oprah.

One important thing of Tolle is that you become conscious of mind control, though he doesn't actually names it by that. It are voices in your head, that aren't actually your own, but are implemented their by external influences.

Again, I see absolutely zero contradiction between Laura's work and Tolle's work. Though Laura's work is broader and Tolle's work goes deeper into how the ego work. I have been able to release a lot of negativity, because of his writings. Less food for the 4D STS beings to feed on. Pretty good I would say?

Dirk said:
I think one would be pleasently surprised if one would actually read Tolle, instead of instantly dismissing it, because it was on Oprah.

One important thing of Tolle is that you become conscious of mind control, though he doesn't actually names it by that. It are voices in your head, that aren't actually your own, but are implemented their by external influences.

Again, I see absolutely zero contradiction between Laura's work and Tolle's work. Though Laura's work is broader and Tolle's work goes deeper into how the ego work. I have been able to release a lot of negativity, because of his writings. Less food for the 4D STS beings to feed on. Pretty good I would say?
Well, how about an opinion from someone who has read some of Tolle's work? :) When I read Tolle years ago, it gave me a false sense of comfort - a belief that I needed to do nothing more to improve myself than to just be aware of my own Being. It did nothing for me because it didn't really give me any real tools to understanding myself. How can someone understand themselves if they don't know how or have to do any difficult work to get there? How can one see truth and value it if they never take the time to really unearth the things that are false in themselves?

Tolle's life story basically allows people to believe that they too can just wake up one day and find themselves enlightened. I believe this is one of the main reasons for his popularity. It hooks into people's need to be comfortable and take the easy way out. For what it's worth.

Dirk said:

I read both books.
It gave me the impression that I understood it all when I didn't.
Although one positive thing I took from "The power of now" is to realize that I was projecting myself a lot of time in the future instead of trying to deal with reality as it is now.

I wasn't really impressed by a "New Earth" because it lacked vital informations about psychopathy and it was all about waiting for the change to happen. I am glad I didn't wait.

Both books don't remove the scabs from your eyes but blanket you from who you really are and the world around you.
It's a lullaby for grown-up.

Tigersoap said:
It's a lullaby for grown-up.
Very nicely said! :) That's the simple truth of it. The thoughts on the books have nothing to do with Oprah but are rather an assessment based on the work of Tolle itself.The fact that it was promoted on Oprah just further confirms that it is something the ptb considers okay to feed to the general public. If there were anything truly threatening about the book in terms of upsetting the status quo, it either would have never received the attention it did or an attempt to distort the information in these books would have been made. Just so you're aware, I'm saying this as someone who was an avid Oprah viewer years ago as opposed to someone who dislikes Oprah. Whatever good she was capable of was controlled long ago whether she realizes it or not.

Tigersoap
I wasn't really impressed by a "New Earth" because it lacked vital information about psychopathy and it was all about waiting for the change to happen. I am glad I didn't wait. . . . It's a lullaby for grown-up.

Agreed.

Tigersoap
Although one positive thing I took from "The power of now" is to realize that I was projecting myself a lot of time in the future instead of trying to deal with reality as it is now.

I also agree, and I think there are two parts in the beginning of The Power of Now that are useful tools. Tolle's explanation of the "pain body" as toxic, unreleased emotions is a useful concept in showing people how old trauma can be retained and influence us negatively, and his description of the "egoic mind" is a useful concept in understanding how the ego can act as a manifestation of the predator mind. The way he explains it I think provides a simple tool to help people with the idea that they are not their egos. The rest of the Power of Now and his following books do appear to encourage so much "sleep walking."
shellycheval

If 'everything' is managed by Cointelpro, then why are Laura's book available on Amazon.com? Shouldn't they control that too? Yes, I see, the scale is different, but why not block that too?

Or am I again asking a question that I can answer myself if I would have finished reading The Wave?

Dirk said:
If 'everything' is managed by Cointelpro, then why are Laura's book available on Amazon.com? Shouldn't they control that too? Yes, I see, the scale is different, but why not block that too?

Or am I again asking a question that I can answer myself if I would have finished reading The Wave?

No, I would say that that is a good question. To answer that I would say there are millions of books available on Amazon, but only a few get promoted by Oprah. My guess is, the Powers that Be are sophisticated enough to know that you don't crudely suppress a dangerous book if it is read by thousands, not millions. They control the supply points of information (TV, media, etc.) that can make a book sell millions and have an influence. Also, ridicule, disinfo, confusion, and all the other Cointelpro tactics work better than censorhip, which can be so conterproductive that it is often used by Cointelpro to lead people to ideas they want them to see.

Also, the Powers that Be use Cointelpro to "manage" everything but that doesn't mean that they have 100 percent control.

But yes, reading the Wave will help. Laura faced lots of pressures before publishing Secret History and The Wave. Once they were published, she enjoyed more safety than before.

R. Mark Sink said:
“opportunity to create a new, saner, more loving world” Illusion!

What's the difference with cassiopaea? Don't WE have an opportunity for a new, saner, more loving world?

R. Mark Sink said:
“radical inner leap from the current egoic consciousness to an entirely new one”

What is new that has not been here for centuries long before we were here? shessh.

Well, sleeping, mechanical people as opposed to people acting out of free will.

R. Mark Sink said:
“very practical terms, he leads us into this new consciousness” follow the rabbit into the hole

He may not entirely lead us there, but he gives us step. Tolle (and others) that gave me, for instance, 'the insight', that life as we experience it, is just a chapter of something bigger. Though I didn't know details and Tolle doesn't talk about that. At some point I brought this up with a guy I met in France, who then said, 'ok, then we can talk'. Then he introduced me to Cassiopaea. Without the insights I got from Tolle I wouldn't be here.

R. Mark Sink said:
“dysfunction all around us” Implying that if you don’t function as desired, you don’t function.

I think we all agree that we live in a dysfunctional world.

R. Mark Sink said:
"the voices in our head." Imply that you may hear voices, which is misleading and psycho.

Voices in your head, or repetitive, useless, thought patterns. Whatever you call it. I certainly experience it and 'awareness' of it stops the loop and wakes me up (though usely just for a few seconds).

R. Mark Sink said:
“discovery and re-creation.” Notice the term, re, as though we are just rearranging your mind.

Truly waking up is like being born for a second time.

R. Mark Sink said:
“consciousness and the physical world are connected” word salad

Why is this a word salad? It seems to be true.

R. Mark Sink said:
“old ways of thinking and seeing” Old ways are all there is
Why aren't there new ways?

R. Mark Sink said:
“change ourselves, individually and collectively” political rhetoric

Whatever you call it. But that's what we are doing here too.

R. Mark Sink said:
It looks like an earth blocking technique that is hurriedly being installed

I see no contradiction between Tolle's work and Laura's work. Though, if all true, Laura's work is definitely much more 'dangerous' than Tolle's work for the PTB.

Btw, one thing I must add and what makes me think is that Tolle's work is greatly inspired by 'A Course in Miracles'.

One of the things that ACIM teaches is that all evil is an illusion. "Nothing real can be threatened, nothing unreal exists."

I'd rather believe that, then Laura ;D.

Food for thought :).

Dirk, the next time you're in the middle of the road and a truck is coming to you, these theoretical thoughts of "nothing bad can happen, it's all illusion" can be very helpful. It's plainly stupid. This nonsense is just to put people into a deep sleep: don't think, just believe what you're said. And that's exactly what you do: believe without thinking. It's your choice, close your eyes and dream.

mkrnhr said:
Dirk, the next time you're in the middle of the road and a truck is coming to you, these theoretical thoughts of "nothing bad can happen, it's all illusion" can be very helpful. It's plainly stupid. This nonsense is just to put people into a deep sleep: don't think, just believe what you're said. And that's exactly what you do: believe without thinking. It's your choice, close your eyes and dream.

Interpreting my last reply I think that is what I am saying.

Dirk said:
Btw, one thing I must add and what makes me think is that Tolle's work is greatly inspired by 'A Course in Miracles'.

One of the things that ACIM teaches is that all evil is an illusion. "Nothing real can be threatened, nothing unreal exists."

I'd rather believe that, then Laura ;D.

Food for thought :).

Hi Dirk

I don't quite understand what you are saying here, could you explain?

As Gurdjieff said, pseudo-esoteric systems play a part in awakening, as they may have preserved grains of thruth which may inspire the discerning and conscientious seeker to keep searching, the naked truth is not applicable to the still slumbering person, so increments are needed. Yet it is important in our mapping of this realm of lies to see what influences are at work to eventually treat the predicament. Even if those grains of thruth are what brings a few closer, they are still embedded in lies which need to be sorted.

As for the ACIM statement, you migth want to check this. The statement of "Nothing real can be threatened, nothing unreal exists." may be true in a non-3D STS world but hardly objectively true in our circumstance, in a context of soul and physical life combined. I remember reading that line and others in ACIM and using it as a tranquilizer, pretending that I had the book of rules to be true and forgiving of the illusory 'sins of the world', which was not the case, luckily I found flaws in it and moved on. This is not the case with most practicioners of that course (that I have been acquainted with), they seem to be wrapped and trapped in the sweet religious poetry and 'easy fix', it carries.

These systems which start us out, may have some useful tools however blunt, but they loose their relevance and usability when further lies are shed and deeper truth is discovered, ie. the Work, OSIT.

ISOTM said:
"But such pseudo-esoteric systems also play their part in the work and activities of esoteric circles. Namely, they are the intermediaries between humanity which is entirely immersed in the materialistic life and schools which are interested in the education of a certain number of people, as much for the purposes of their own existences as for the purposes of the work of a cosmic character which they may be carrying out. The very idea of esotericism, the idea of initiation, reaches people in most cases through pseudo-esoteric systems and schools; and if there were not these pseudo-esoteric schools the vast majority of humanity would have no possibility whatever of hearing and learning of the existence of anything greater than life because the truth in its pure form would be inaccessible for them. By reason of the many characteristics of man's being, particularly of the contemporary being, truth can only come to people in the form of a lie— only in this form are they able to accept it; only in this form are they able to digest and assimilate it. Truth undefiled would be, for them, indigestible food.
"Besides, a grain of truth in an unaltered form is sometimes found in pseudoesoteric
movements, in church religions, in occult and theosophical schools. It may be preserved in their writings, their rituals, their traditions, their conceptions of the hierarchy, their dogmas, and their rules.

Back
Top Bottom