Dairy Farm Worker Arrested on 12 Counts of Cruelty

I usually refrain from watching the local news, but tuned in yesterday evening because previews indicated video of the current BP oil leak. However, I also caught the story of this psychopathic animal abuser being brought up on charges. Now get this - this sick b------d was asking to be released because, "I have animals that need to be taken care of"! And what's worst, he told the judge, "...he is about to take his exam to become an Ohio police officer!" How'd you like this guy, taser in hand, performing a traffic stop of your vehicle?!!!!

Here's the latest from the Columbus Dispatch:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/05/27/gregg-court-appearance.html?sid=101 said:
UPDATED: Department of Agriculture cites farm for improper burial of bodies
Bond set at $100,000 for farm worker accused of animal cruelty
Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:20 AM
Updated: Thursday, May 27, 2010 06:45 PM
By Holly Zachariah
The Columbus Dispatch

MARYSVILLE, Ohio The Ohio Department of Agriculture cited Conklin Dairy Cattle Sales today for its failure to properly dispose of dead cows.

The Conklin farm along Rt. 42 north of Plain City has found itself in the center of a storm since late Tuesday night when an animal-right group released a video of milk-house workers brutally beating and abusing cows and calves.

The Marysville city prosecutor asked the state to step in yesterday and assist in the criminal investigation prompted by the video. Once inspectors got to the farm, they found dead animals that hadn't been buried deep enough according to Ohio law, said Cindy Kalis, spokeswoman for the Ohio Department of Agriculture.

"With all the recent rains, the animals apparently washed to the surface," she said. She was not in the office late today and was without benefit of the report, so she didn't know how many animals were discovered or how deeply the law requires them to be buried.

She said the farm has only a few days to fix the situation before the state takes more serious action.

Also today, the man who was the star of that video appeared in court for the first time, and told the judge he is a wounded Army veteran of the war in Iraq and is about to take his exam to become an Ohio police officer.

Billy Joe Gregg, 25, sat still and listened this morning as Marysville Municipal Court Judge Michael Grigsby detailed the 12 charges of animal cruelty that were filed against Gregg. Gregg said he has no job and no money, and asked for a court-appointed attorney.

Gregg was prominently featured in the video released by Mercy For Animals, a Chicago-based, animal-rights group that promotes a vegan lifestyle. Mercy sent an undercover employee into Conklin's operation and recorded what it says is about 20 hours of tape that shows Conklin employees -- mainly Gregg -- beating cows with crowbars, sticking them with pitchforks, breaking their tails and throwing calves to the ground and stomping their heads.

Only about four minutes of the tape has been shown publicly.

Farm owner Gary Conklin, who is shown on that portion repeatedly kicking a cow himself, fired Gregg at 6 a.m. yesterday. Hours later, Union County sheriff's deputies arrested Gregg and filed the misdemeanor charges against him. He faces a $750 fine and 90 days in jail on each charge.

Sheriff Rocky Nelson said the investigation into Conklin and other employees continues. A search warrant was executed at the farm, which buys, sells and auctions cattle, Wednesday night.

Conklin has denounced the treatment of the animals on the video, and said in a written statement that he will immediately retrain all of the farm workers on the proper treatment of animals.

In court this morning, Grigsby set bond at $100,000 and said Gregg must put up $10,000 cash or property to get out of the Tri-County Jail.

Marysville City Prosecutor Tim Aslaner said he asked for the high bond not only because of the violent nature of the charges, but also because Gregg has no apparent ties to the community.

He has lived in Georgia, Utah and Oregon, Aslaner said.

Gregg told the judge he has moved a lot because of a six-year stint in the Army. His military service could not immediately be confirmed.

Gregg asked to be released from jail because he has an upcoming appointment with the Department of Veterans Affairs for his military disability, which he did not identify.

On the tape provided by Mercy For Animals, Gregg can he seen bringing guns into the farm's milkhouse, firing them on the property and talking about stealing M-16s from the U.S. Army while he was stationed in Iraq.

Gregg said in court today that he is scheduled soon to take his Ohio police officer's examination, and needed to be there for that.

"I know these charges are serious, but if I don't take that test I'll be in even more dire financial straights," he told the judge.

He also told the judge he needed to be home to take care of his own animals. Grigsby ordered that, if he is released from jail, he have no contact with animals.

If true, a six-year stint in the Army with time in Iraq could be one reason this guy is so f----- up! Become a police officer?!!! Hell No!!!! Hopefully these charges will prevent that from EVER happening!

Please be aware that the good citizens of Ohio were convinced to pass a constitutional amendment last fall establishing the creation of the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board ostensibly to ensure humane conditions and care of livestock which is being countered by another proposed amendment this year:

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Ohio_Livestock_Care_Initiative_%282010%29 said:
A Ohio Livestock Care Initiative may appear on the November 2, 2010 ballot in Ohio as an initiated constitutional amendment. The initial petition was filed January 27, 2010 and approved by the Ohio Attorney General on February 5. It was approved for signature collection circulation on February 16, 2010.

According to the filed petition the proposed initiative, a countermeasure to Ohio Livestock Care Standards, Issue 2 (2009), requires that the Livestock Care Standards Board adopt certain minimum standards. If approved by voters the board would have six years to implement the new guidelines, according to the filed petition language.

The measure is supported by the Humane Society of the United States.

The approval Ohio's Issue 2 on the November 3, 2009 ballot created the 13-member Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board for the purpose of establishing standards governing the care of livestock and poultry. The Humane Society of the United States opposed Issue 2. A statement on August 28 2009 on their website said:

"Why is The Humane Society of the United States opposing Issue 2? While designed to give the appearance of helping farm animals, Issue 2 is little more than a power grab by Ohio’s agribusiness lobby. The industry-dominated “animal care” council proposed by Issue 2 is really intended to thwart meaningful improvements in how the millions of farm animals in Ohio are treated on large factory farms."

In line with voters' approval in 2009 the Ohio House of Representatives voted 98-0 on March 10, 2010 to establish the Ohio Livestock Standards Board. The legislation is now moved to the Senate for approval.

Ponerology in action folks. I voted against Issue 2, but like so many things I vote against, I was in the minority and it passed by almost 64% margin. Ignorant voters believed it would improve livestock care because the board was going to include a rep from the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Ohio_Livestock_Care_Standards said:
On April 6, 2010 the governor appointed 10 people to the new board. Appointments include:

* Harold Dates - president and chief executive officer of the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Cincinnati
* Tony Forshey - state veterinarian for the Ohio Department of Agriculture
* Leon Weaver - owner and operator of Bridgewater Dairy
* Jeff Wuebker - co-owner of Wuebker Farms since 2001
* Bobby Moser - vice president for agricultural administration and the dean of the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences at the Ohio State University since 1991
* Jeffrey LeJeune - an associate professor for Food and Animal Health at the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center at the Ohio State University since 2007
* Jerry Lahmers - owns and operates a family farm that includes a cow/calf feedlot and grain operations
* 'Lisa M. Hamler-Fugitt - executive director of the Ohio Association of Second Harvest Foodbanks and as the legislative liaison for the Ohio Alliance of Boys & Girls Clubs
* Robert Cole - served in various roles for the U.S. Department of Agriculture for over 33 years
* Stacey Atherton - co-owner for Shipley Farms since 2009

All of the governor's appointments have been approved by the Sentae. In addition to the 10 members, the Ohio Department of Agriculture Director Robert Boggs and a selection by the House Speaker and Senate President will serve on the board.

I am acquainted with an organic grass fed dairy farmer here in Ohio, who was opposed to the passage of this amendment and creation of this board. He was a minority among the neighboring farms in his area. I saw many farms with Vote Yes on Issue 2 in the days leading up to the election.

As horrible as this recorded incident is, it just might serve to ensure that this livestock board actually does what the voters intended - establish humane treatment of livestock!

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Ohio_Livestock_Care_Initiative_%282010%29 said:
Support
The initiative is supported by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). In May 2010, according to reports Chipotle Mexican Grille, a chain of restaurants in the United States and Canada, announced they endorsed HSUS' Ohio initiative.

Karen Minton, state director of HSUS said,"It's time to take action on obvious forms of abuse, such as strangling animals on the farm, dragging downer cows and keeping certain animals in lifelong confinement in cages or crates barely larger than their bodies...Of course, we would welcome the opportunity to work with the livestock board to implement a set of real and minimum standards that will prevent the cruel and inhumane treatment of farm animals, enhance food safety, protect the environment and strengthen Ohio family farms, just as several other states have done -- including our neighbors in Michigan. While out-of-state factory farming giants bankrolled the ballot measure to create the board, we would be pleased to see it take real action to stop the abuses identified in the ballot initiative now circulating in Ohio."

Opposition
Although, Gov. Ted Strickland supported the 2009 Ohio Livestock Care Standards, Issue 2, he does not support the 2010 initiative. "It is unnecessary, and I will oppose it and I want you to know that we may need to work together once more to make sure that the work that has been accomplished is not undone by many who may be well intentioned but who do not fully understand and appreciate what has already been done to make sure that animals are dealt with in a humane manner," Strickland told Farm Bureau members on February 23rd at the Ohio Farm Bureau's annual Ag Day.

* Republican 2010 gubernatorial candidate John Kasich said he is opposed to the proposed initiative. Kasich said "no outsiders ought to come in here and try to destroy our farms" and describes the Humane Society’s campaigns in other states as "extremism."
* Ohio Farm Bureau, Ohio Cattlemen's Association, Ohio Dairy Producers, Ohio Pork Producers and Ohio Poultry Breeders argue that no new restrictions are needed in order to protect animals in Ohio.
* Ohioans for Livestock Care released a statement that said,"In California, farms already are being courted to leave the state and relocate – taking those jobs and tax benefits with them. In Ohio, a similar result would be devastating to our economy."
* Ohio Democratic Party Chairman Chris Redfern said,"It's pretty remarkable. We haven't even had a chance to write the rules and somebody else is going to tell us what the rules should be."
* Ohio Republican Party Chairman Kevin DeWine said,"We don't need extreme out-of-state groups coming into Ohio. It just shows the political angle of the Humane Society."

From Tuesday's (May 25th) edition of the Columbus Dispatch:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/05/25/copy/livestock-care-board-shoots-for-reform.html?sid%3D101 said:
Ohio Farms
Livestock care board shoots for reform
New panel wants to pre-empt ballot issue
Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:53 AM
By Alan Johnson
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

The new Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board is taking aim at reforms the Humane Society of the United States is pushing to get on the fall ballot.

Much as the General Assembly did two years ago, the 13-member, state-appointed board appears primed to pre-empt part of the Humane Society's agenda in Ohio.

Ohio Agriculture Director Robert Boggs said the board's first batch of regulations probably will deal with euthanizing farm animals and prohibiting sick or injured "downer" animals from entering the food system.

"We're doing what the people of Ohio asked us to do," Boggs said, referring to passage last fall of State Issue 2, the measure that created the farm board.

The reaction from Humane Society chief Wayne Pacelle: Go for it.

"We would love to have the livestock board handle all those issues and obviate the need for the ballot issue," Pacelle told The Dispatch. "We want to see reforms that result in better treatment of animals. We think the livestock board should enact all elements of the proposed ballot initiative because it's the right, humane and proper thing for the state of Ohio.

"We hope neither side has to engage in a big-spending campaign in the fall."

The issues on the farm board's initial agenda account for two-thirds of the humane society's proposed constitutional amendment that Ohio voters could see in the November election. The third and most-challenging proposal calls for establishing new standards to end the practice of lengthy - sometimes lifelong - confinement of farm animals in cages, crates and pens.

Pacelle said the Humane Society is gathering signatures to meet the goal of 402,275 valid names of registered Ohio voters needed to place the constitutional amendment on the November ballot. The proposal would not dissolve the farm board, but would require it to enact the three specific reforms.

Under the umbrella of the Ohio Department of Agriculture, the farm board has been given a $354,187 budget for its first 18 months or so of operation. The state Controlling Board recently approved transferring money from other Agriculture Department funds.

Boggs, a former state legislator, said he will approach the legislature to secure as much as $500,000 annually to operate the board, which has no established funding source.

The board will have a staff of about four, including the executive director. It will rely mostly on existing agriculture inspectors, he said.

It's a big job because the state has about 30 million head of livestock and 75,000 farms, more than half of which raise poultry or other animals.

Boggs said he hopes the first regulations will be finished by the end of June, but the rules will need the approval of the Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review, a process that can take months.

Seems to me, that budgeted money would be better spent on hiring more inspectors to find the violators and enforce humane treatment regulations instead of expending it on more bureaucracy via this 13-member board with a staff of four! Residents of Ohio have been plagued for many years by mega egg farms as well - horrible fly infestations, water pollution, and stench!

http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2009/11/ohio_issue_2_would_provide_meg.html

http://www.farmanddairy.com/news/ohio-plans-to-seize-assets-of-egg-farm/1470.html

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-11921471.html

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:i19sVmxuiv0J:nomorechickens.com/Articles/Ohio%2520Fresh%2520Egg%2520062208.doc+ohio+mega+egg+farm+problems&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wosu/news.newsmain?action=article&ARTICLE_ID=1335031&sectionID=1

http://www.wcrsfm.org/node/708

Still, one can only hope that this awful video will serve to bring about real and actual reform.

Hi taitai,

If I could offer you a perspective you might not have considered...

I believe all life is sentient to a degree. Since the soul develops from 1D to 2D to 3D on Earth as we know it (3D Earth), that would mean that plants and animals have souls.

I was a vegetarian for a few years until I came across a book entitled "The Secret Life of Plants", which demonstrated, among other fascinating things, that plants feel pain and that they can suffer.

Vegetarianism no longer made sense and seemed hypocritical to me.

After a few days of wondering how I could walk without stepping on blades of grass, trampling on the homes of worms or not swatting mosquitos and most importantly, how I could live without eating anything ( I didn't know about sun gazing/grazing back then), I found a principle I could live with.

it occurred to me that in this world, the best we could do was to eat from the plants and animals by taking only what we need, by acknowledging the spirit within the food-to-be and by showing gratitude for the life we are taking.

If those who feed on us had the capacity to do the same, it wouldn't appear to be much different than falling prey to a shark or lion, once you grow accustomed to the idea that we are not on the top of the food chain.

That's my perspective, for what it's worth - YMMV (your mileage might vary).

Gonzo

I couldn't watch the video either. I don't know if people here are aware, but there was another video that was sent around via email apparently showing animals in China being skinned alive for their fur. That was one video I certainly could never watch. The textual description alone was bad enough.

I am a firm believer of acknowledging everything that goes on in this world, no matter how abhorrent or depraved, because after all it's what IS. By not recognising such horrors, they can be allowed to continue indefinitely. However I believe that when we watch too many violent or graphic videos, whether they be fictional or reality, it can have a negative effect upon us, in much the same way that people who watch too many violent television programs can become desensitized to violence.

For me at least, there is a difference between acknowledging and being aware of worldly horrors, and actually seeing them in video or in the flesh. Seeing some horrific things firsthand seems to "destroy" something inside me, or at least that's how it feels. I fear that if I was to watch one of those videos, I'd be less able to "function" in society because I'd feel like it was all a lost cause. It would bring feelings of wanting the world destroyed by comets as soon as possible to put an end to all the cruelty that's going on, something which Mona mentioned earlier. In many ways the effects of watching such videos is similar to war veterans who have nightmares and major psychological problems (some end up committing suicide) due to the horrors they witnessed, but on a less extreme scale.

in much the same way that people who watch too many violent television programs can become desensitized to violence.

yup , I was thinking the same , I might be living example of above. Like i said , I usually don't react such emotionally while watching human abuse and that might be caused by tv ,vid games and other media. That might be one of factors

I agree compleatly, something in me just dies. I think it's HOPE.

Really if people can do these insane things and still sleep and eat and crap, without thinking "gosh I'm a truly awful person,' it just doesn't yet register with me that people are or can be this way. Even though there is so much PROOF! I mean groups of people kill and killed families and entire cultures because they don't believe in the same religion or politics. They torture other people, toture animals, but they don't feel it. Psychopaths exsist and I know this, I've seen them personally, I've read about them currently and historically, but something in me STILL after all of that, has some sort of hope, and I can't explain it or define it or measure it, but either way, I don't want to loose it.

So I can't watch the video, and I could only read a little of the article. Heck, I just escorted a wasp out of the house a few minutes ago, alive.

3D Resident said:
I couldn't watch the video either. I don't know if people here are aware, but there was another video that was sent around via email apparently showing animals in China being skinned alive for their fur. That was one video I certainly could never watch. The textual description alone was bad enough.

I am a firm believer of acknowledging everything that goes on in this world, no matter how abhorrent or depraved, because after all it's what IS. By not recognising such horrors, they can be allowed to continue indefinitely. However I believe that when we watch too many violent or graphic videos, whether they be fictional or reality, it can have a negative effect upon us, in much the same way that people who watch too many violent television programs can become desensitized to violence.

For me at least, there is a difference between acknowledging and being aware of worldly horrors, and actually seeing them in video or in the flesh. Seeing some horrific things firsthand seems to "destroy" something inside me, or at least that's how it feels. I fear that if I was to watch one of those videos, I'd be less able to "function" in society because I'd feel like it was all a lost cause. It would bring feelings of wanting the world destroyed by comets as soon as possible to put an end to all the cruelty that's going on, something which Mona mentioned earlier. In many ways the effects of watching such videos is similar to war veterans who have nightmares and major psychological problems (some end up committing suicide) due to the horrors they witnessed, but on a less extreme scale.

drygol said:
Yes, difficult to watch and hard to imagine that in many places, humans are treated worse.

I think i have serious problems. I was going to post it yesterday but i just kept thinking on that insted.
Subject of animal cruelty is my Achilles heel. I never ever noticed that I could have reacted more emotional than on videos like this.
I do not react that strong even if I see vids with people suffering worse on them.
The problem is that I am super enraged instantly , enraged to the point , that if I could or had an opportunity I would do to the people who are THAT cruel 1000s things faaaar worse than they did.
I feel like I would have super pleasure torturing them for ages. I just cant stand it , it is unacceptable for me.
I was able to watch only 4-5 seconds of movie posted on yesterdays portion of RSS feeds and that was enough . Probably if I saw this live , I surely would have gone berserk and basically do something stupid to that person.
Now , I do realize this is serious problem , and some kind of disorder that i have , but I cant help it :/

So I was wondering how do you guys react on such things , and how do you deal with them ??

Drygol,
When I so the first 5 seconds only of the video I started feeling really sick and had to stop watching it, like many of you did. I actually was a total emotional wreck until sometime today when I finally snapped out of it. If I found myself in a situation where I would witness such abuse I would definitely interfere. I usually shake and my voice shakes as well but I do manage to raise my voice and I do speak my mind. I have never been afraid to voice my opinion even if my life is in danger.I would have tried to take that animal away from the abuser and would do everything possible to succeed in it. But not with violence. I also have an issue, and that issue is that when I see anyone being abused, including humans, I do step in. I have voiced my opinion when I saw a white man abusing his wife/girlfriend emotionally while shopping at a local food store; I stepped in when I witnessed a father shouting at his 6-8 year old son, he was shouting at him and swearing in a public place. I also stepped in when I witnessed someone hitting a man in Slovakia. I stepped in even when I was abused by my psycho boss and I did eventually get fired, but still, I did voice my opinion, and that to me means something. I will refuse to ever see myself as a victim.I defend the people who are abused with words, not violence. As I am so against violence of any kind. I know that it is wrong to interfere, as Laura has said in many of her books, that itis narcissistic to help those who look like they might be suffering, because we dont know the whole story surrounding the whole situation. We might even be feeding the matrix, without being aware of it.I do agree with her but it is really hard not to help those who are most vulnerable. I read about the woman who dropped her baby on the ground and started stepping on it. Does anyone really think that I would just watch and walk away? Even if the woman had a knife or a gun in her hand I would still go and help the child. I hate it when the most vulnerable are abused like that.As long as I live I would never just walk away. I am not capable of doing that.

In my eyes, the farmer is a psychopath, but he has a job to do and that job is to feed the 4D losers. The animals and kids who suffer like this release energy that 4d beings feed on. And that to me is unacceptable. I will take that food away from them if necessary when a child or an animal is involved in such a situation where they have no control of their circumstance. You know they have been feeding on me way too long, and I am aware of it, but it is my responsibility to make it stop, besides I am an adult not a child and I am in control of that as an adult.

I don't know if anyone of you noticed but it seems that these OP psychopaths are being activated somehow all of a sudden. There is this crazy feel about this world, it's like, if you step back and watch a clip pf a movie where zombies are awaked from their deep sleep, that is how it feel like to me when I look at the world.It could be just my imagination, but the world seriously does not have any limits to cruelty anymore. And I am afraid that the only way to make this stop is to get out of this 3D illusion because there is no sight of this madness ever ending.

Mona said:
I don't know if anyone of you noticed but it seems that these OP psychopaths are being activated somehow all of a sudden.

My thought is these occurrences are the result of Greenbaum programming initiating prematurely or the effects of the manifestation of the Wave. It was indicated that the Wave will intensify negative feelings to the extreme and the only protection is to detoxify our physical body and do EE to purify one's inner spiritual body (current emotional and past life bad karma baggage). The uptick in worldwide stabbings particularly is quite disconcerting.

Drygol,
When I so the first 5 seconds only of the video I started feeling really sick and had to stop watching it, like many of you did. I actually was a total emotional wreck until sometime today when I finally snapped out of it. If I found myself in a situation where I would witness such abuse I would definitely interfere. I usually shake and my voice shakes as well but I do manage to raise my voice and I do speak my mind. I have never been afraid to voice my opinion even if my life is in danger.I would have tried to take that animal away from the abuser and would do everything possible to succeed in it. But not with violence. I also have an issue, and that issue is that when I see anyone being abused, including humans, I do step in. I have voiced my opinion when I saw a white man abusing his wife/girlfriend emotionally while shopping at a local food store; I stepped in when I witnessed a father shouting at his 6-8 year old son, he was shouting at him and swearing in a public place. I also stepped in when I witnessed someone hitting a man in Slovakia. I stepped in even when I was abused by my psycho boss and I did eventually get fired, but still, I did voice my opinion, and that to me means something. I will refuse to ever see myself as a victim.I defend the people who are abused with words, not violence. As I am so against violence of any kind. I know that it is wrong to interfere, as Laura has said in many of her books, that itis narcissistic to help those who look like they might be suffering, because we dont know the whole story surrounding the whole situation. We might even be feeding the matrix, without being aware of it.I do agree with her but it is really hard not to help those who are most vulnerable. I read about the woman who dropped her baby on the ground and started stepping on it. Does anyone really think that I would just watch and walk away? Even if the woman had a knife or a gun in her hand I would still go and help the child. I hate it when the most vulnerable are abused like that.As long as I live I would never just walk away. I am not capable of doing that.

In my eyes, the farmer is a psychopath, but he has a job to do and that job is to feed the 4D losers. The animals and kids who suffer like this release energy that 4d beings feed on. And that to me is unacceptable. I will take that food away from them if necessary when a child or an animal is involved in such a situation where they have no control of their circumstance. You know they have been feeding on me way too long, and I am aware of it, but it is my responsibility to make it stop, besides I am an adult not a child and I am in control of that as an adult.

I don't know if anyone of you noticed but it seems that these OP psychopaths are being activated somehow all of a sudden. There is this crazy feel about this world, it's like, if you step back and watch a clip pf a movie where zombies are awaked from their deep sleep, that is how it feel like to me when I look at the world.It could be just my imagination, but the world seriously does not have any limits to cruelty anymore. And I am afraid that the only way to make this stop is to get out of this 3D illusion because there is no sight of this madness ever ending.

Thanks for your reply Mona. When i have clear mind , i think the same as you. I am aware of my issues. I need to work on agressive part of my reactions.

I had not the courage of seing this video. It makes me ill this cruelty towards defenless beings.
Hardly a day goes by without hearing about such a things happening around us.

Just so ya'll know, I couldn't watch it either. Just couldn't. I KNOW what's on there and it sickens me, saddens me, angers me, all of that. So, I know, and I keep on working to try to wake people up. That's all I can do.

A couple thoughts on this and other videos that demonstrate the violent side of psychopathy...

I wonder, is it sufficient to read a brief description of such a video's content without having to actually see it in order to sufficiently understand human evil? I guess it depends on one's prior exposure to, and awareness of such evils.

I'm thinking I have already seen enough in this life to not need to add another scar to my psyche.

I was traumatized for a while (perhaps still am) after exposing myself to a few of the beheading videos from a few years back, to add to my mental catalogue of human suffering and evil.

I have always been extremely sensitive to other people's pain but also had a strange notion that I hadn't experienced enough and felt attracted, as if I needed to see such things.

I cannot/will not express the horror as I don't want any one else to experience it, and so it remains in my memories, stored along with other memories of human terror and aggression.

I too already know what the video contains and I don't believe watching it will add to my understanding of man or benefit my soul's development. All it will do is cause further pain for me.
However, there are probably some who have been shielded, one way or another, from evil and its affects. For them, perhaps seeing such a video could help them learn about an aspect of psychopathy and human evil. Perhaps.
Or would it be sufficient to just read a description?

Could it be that these horrific images do more harm than good?

Sorry for my meandering thoughts. It was the only way I could formulate them at this time.

Regards,
Gonzo

Gonzo said:
A couple thoughts on this and other videos that demonstrate the violent side of psychopathy...

This puts me in mind of the episode on "V" the ABC TV series as already mentioned on that thread:

foofighter said:
In the last couple of episodes there has been an interesting development: the V leader, Anna, wants to find out who are "5th column" rebels, and the way she tests for it is to do an emotional response study. Basically, when she is exposed to horrific images, she shows no emotion. They then recorded her response as "baseline", and then compare everyone elses. Anyone who shows emotions, or compassion and empathy, are executed. In a sense it's the psychopath-test that was done on Sam Vaknin in "I, Psychopath", but the results are used in reverse (psycho=good,empathic=bad).

Interestingly enough, on the season finale, upon discovering that almost her entire stock of soldier eggs had been destroyed, Anna lets out a blood-curdling scream - she experienced emotion for the first time! Was just being around normal humans inducing this emotional contamination of the Vs? Interesting premise.

Meanwhile, for normal humans, perhaps viewing violent videos or real life violent trauma induces PTSD whereas psychopaths are either unaffected or energized by it. For me, it's extremely hard to just READ about these horrible acts and I avoid watching them because it just tears me up inside - my stomach is hurting now as I type this. :cry:

Actually, now that I think about it, and thanks for your thoughts, JEEP, violent imagery can invoke either desensitization or trauma, possibly PTSD.

Either desensitization or traumatization can benefit the PTB.

One allows them to carry on with their plans, virtually unnoticed, the other cripples society so they can't react in rebellion and possibly become self destructive.

Those most sensitive become visible through their traumutization, further exposing them to targeting.

Gonzo

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/06/01/protest-averted-at-dairy-farm.html?sid=101 said:
Protest averted at dairy farm in cruelty case 150 officers turn out near Plain City after activist calls for violence
Tuesday, June 1, 2010 02:51 AM
By Bill Bush
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Anyone driving Rt. 42 between Plain City and Delaware yesterday afternoon might have thought they stumbled into a war zone.

About 150 law-enforcement officers, many dressed in SWAT gear and backed up by a helicopter and at least one armored vehicle, were scattered around a dairy farm that was the focus of a grisly animal-cruelty video that has gone viral on the Internet.

Police were trying to thwart an activist's call for people to come to the Conklin Dairy Farm with "bolt cutters, bats, crowbars, pitchforks, hammers and wrenches to help destroy every piece of equipment the farm has, and tear down the sheds."

Activist Gary Yourofsky's message also suggested that people bring weapons to defend themselves against farm workers and police. "I am not asking you to harm anyone if it is NOT in you to harm someone although those who wish to will have my FULL SUPPORT," it said.

Yourofsky said he called off the attack Sunday afternoon after learning that police were planning to show up. He didn't come, but several others did. They said they simply wanted to protest peacefully.

"It's really horrifying to learn about some of the conditions going on," said Klara Box, 37, a nurse who drove up from Columbus with her husband. "I really believe that we can do better."

Jason Box said the police response seemed like overkill.

"They're making holiday pay, and helicopters and tanks and whatever - I think they overreacted," said Mr. Box, 37, an Ohio State University geography professor. And all because "some wingnut on the Internet says something."

The Boxes said they wanted to stand along the road with a sign that said "Humane farms now," but police wouldn't let them park their car.

Sgt. Chris Skinner of the Union County sheriff's office said no one had a permit to protest, and there was no suitable public land near the farm to do so anyway. Cars are not allowed to park on state routes or county roads, and standing along Rt. 42 would have been dangerous, he said.

"We have to be prepared," Skinner said of the response, which he said "will be very costly."

Prosecutors are reviewing state and federal law to see whether Yourofsky can be prosecuted for making threats to destroy the farm, Skinner said.

The video, secretly taped by an undercover employee from an animal-rights group, shows farmers beating cows in the head with crowbars, stabbing them with pitchforks and ripping young calves away from their mothers, throwing them to the ground and punching them in the head at the Conklin Dairy Farm, just northwest of Dublin.

The farm fired worker Billy Joe Gregg, the primary person in the video. He is charged with 12 misdemeanor counts of animal cruelty.

Mercy For Animals, the animal-rights group based in Chicago that produced the video, had tried to stop the protest. It released a statement yesterday urging "concerned citizens to remain patient while law enforcement investigates the matter."

farm-protest-art-g4c8ng37-10601-farm-protest-bush-wf-01--.jpg

Photo caption:Law-enforcement officers from multiple jurisdictions block access to a Union County dairy farm along Rt. 42. An animal-rights activist had issued a call online for people to destroy parts of Conklin Dairy Farm and said he would support harming workers or police. There was no violence yesterday; those wishing to peacefully protest were turned away. (Photo can be enlarged in the online article revealing a contingent of police officers on both sides of the road.)

Meanwhile, only one obstacle left to a 6 million chickens egg farm:

http://www.dispatchpolitics.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/06/01/copy/one-letter-holding-up-enormous-egg-farm.html?adsec=politics&sid=101 said:
The Hi-Q farm would produce egg whites and yolks for the food-service industry. It also would produce at least 74,157 tons of chicken manure and 23.5million gallons of manure-contaminated egg-wash water each year.

Menke said the farm's plan and design will keep the manure and egg-wash water out of Bokes Creek.

However, the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency told Hi-Q in April 2009 that it is "not only likely but inevitable" that the farm will pollute the stream.

That conclusion was based on a 2002 EPA report on Bokes Creek that found that the 36-mile-long stream is already polluted by manure and wastes from other farms, including six poultry operations in Union and Logan counties.

And what about the conditions these chickens will be forced to live in? Is that inconsequential? Also, how much GMO soy is in the feed these chickens will be fed, ultimately passed on to the "food-service industry" to be consumed by the unsuspecting public? Crimes against animals, earth, and people!

JEEP said:
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/06/01/protest-averted-at-dairy-farm.html?sid=101 said:
Protest averted at dairy farm in cruelty case 150 officers turn out near Plain City after activist calls for violence

Prosecutors are reviewing state and federal law to see whether Yourofsky can be prosecuted for making threats to destroy the farm, Skinner said.

That dude, Gary Yourofsky, seems to have a rather more extreme and aggressive message that most vegans that I've seen so far:
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i243lhB3-A
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-giq2zjFmY
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S_8ARYTnE0

Back
Top Bottom