(CRW Am-EU) What temporary schedule is best for you?

• Sunday 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Saturdays 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
Hey y'all, I'll be missing the Am-EU meeting tomorrow--I've a friend visiting then!

Thanks Pecha for these concise and informative summaries. Your efforts are appreciated.
Thanks for the accurate and detailed synopsis @Pecha. It really helps when I didn't make all the workshops and my bookdealer, for some reason, hasn't got back to me after two months.
Also, thanks to all who participate in the workshops. It's a fascinating subject, absolutely mind blowing, even moreso with such active partipants. :cool: :cool2:. Big hugs to all:-D:hug:

That's very sweet of y'all, thanks. I'll still be able to do the meeting notes for tomorrow's meeting, using the recordings.

Hi everyone,

Below are the links for the recent Aus-Asia-Am group workshop on Iain McGilchrist's The Master and his Emissary.

Here's the video of the last meeting
The audio
And the folder
And the slideshow
(starts on slide# 157)
Here is the spreadsheet on the Greek Philosophers.

We will continue with the rest of Ch 10: The Enlightenment for our next workshop next Saturday at 6 pm Sydney AEST time (GMT+10).

See you all then!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Below are the links to what we explored:

The Differences between Baroque and Neoclassical Art- Video ~5 minutes
Architecture History-covers from the Renaissance to Neoclassical/Beaux Art ~5 minutes
The Enlightenment- covers main thinkers of that era ~16 minutes

Twitter thread on the destruction of old beautiful architecture & replaced with modern monstrosities:

Some other videos which we did not watch but I thought were quite interesting on the Enlightenment era:
The Renaissance leads to Scientific revolution which leads to the Enlightenment which leads to Revolution & Imperialism ~8.5 minutes, Khan Academy
Age of Enlightenment: How the ideas of the Enlightenment led to Revolution ~3 minutes
Age of Enlightenment: The Age of Reason explained~11 minutes

Hi guys, i only just got home after many delays, so I'm going out in the sun for a good walk after 10 days of cold and rain. I wish you all an excellent workshop, look forward to reading Pecha's notes and will see you next week Sunday :flowers:

Thanks for letting us know, Laura. Have a great time and see you next time!

The Am-EU meeting will start in 30 mins:

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting now
Meeting ID: 953-026-3587

See you!

Hi everyone,

The Am-EU group finishes chapters 10 & 11 of Michael Prescott's Life & Afterlife. The video and audio of the meeting is provided by Luis.

I've attached the mind map below in both PNG & PDF form. For readability, I've also printed the mind map in bulleted form:

Chapter 10: Negative Experiences
  • Howard Storm's NDE was a hellish experience with dark entities pulling & biting at him in a black & white hallway. He heard a voice to pray to God, and when he did, the entities recoiled and went away. He also "met" Jesus. When he came to, he became a minister--before then he was an atheist.
    • Lost souls have been rescued despite not believing in Christianity. The necessary part is to raise one's vibration by lifting oneself emotionally & spiritually so that one can see the light.
    • (Luis): Similar account found in the movie, Astral City, where in death, a character found himself in a hellish landscape. At some point he asks for help, and beings came to transport him to another, happier landscape.
      • (Turgon): Some may not even know that they can ask for help. The thing is, there is always help around the corner if one asks.
    • (cassandra): I wonder how many people are stuck in this limbo, given the materialist ideology of the world.
      • (Luis): Knew of mediums whose job was to help souls pass and they had knowings of where to find lost souls. One found a war between the Spaniards & the Aztecs happening on repeat with a negative entity keeping the astral war going for years and years--presumably as a source of food.
  • Stephanie reports seeing a beautiful woman in her NDE and that they were getting closer to one another. As she came closer, the entity began shape-shifting with her head becoming like a bear, and eventually a boar with tusks & slobber.
  • Yolanda recalls a scary NDE where she was floating in a dark void. Within her, she heard "God", and when she called out to God, spiritual lightning struck her head, energizing her entire body. She was filled with light & said that it was a wonderful experience.
  • Psychoactive drugs like DMT can also trigger negative experiences. Aaron reports seeing human-sized insect beings hovering right over his face. There was a sense of possession. Another in the same DMT study also encountered insectoids. There was a sexual element to it with a knowing that they are messing with the DNA.
  • There's a need to be careful experimenting with OBEs & other paranormal activity, as it can invite negative entities into one's life, and without the requisite knowledge, can cause chaos in one's life.

Chapter 11: Lost Souls
  • Some ghosts are viewed sometimes as a living person with clothes and human complexions.
  • "The man who hath not god as he walketh in the street, the demon covers him as a garment."
  • Drop-in communicators are restless spirits that show up uninvited to seances.
    • One such case involves an unknown spirit showing up to Hafsteinn Bjornsson's 1937 seance. The spirit asked about finding his missing leg, and was generally rude with an addiction to physical pleasures like coffee, alcohol, and snuff.
  • The German term, poltergeist, directly translates to "noisy ghost". The phenomena is characterized by hauntings accompanied by strange sounds & physical disturbances.
    • Electrical & electromagnetic disturbances is also noted in some cases with lights flipping on & off, telephones all ringing at once, etc.
    • It's confirmed that some objects that fell to the floor due to poltergeist activity had to have gone out of their way to fall. One case had notebooks in front of glasses that still managed to fall--despite having to hover at least two inches above the notebooks.
  • 76% of poltergeist cases lasted 6 months or less, with paranormal activity centered around individuals (happening more in females). 24% of longer-term poltergeist cases are connected to locations rather than individuals.
  • A theory states that poltergeists uses the energy of the living to affect changes in the physical world.
    • (cassandra): Parasitical in nature--they will not use any of their own energy, but use others'.
      • (Turgon): Parasites can invite attachments. Time to take iodine! (Bluefyre): And fenbendezole!

General Notes
  • (cassandra): What are 3d STO beings like? At the very least they would be less materialist.
  • (Marija): Harrison's substack touches on a lot of the reading material. Poltergeists, the Bell Witch, egregores, etc.
  • (Turgon): Say a samurai needs to commit suicide as to not dishonor his family, how would that impact the afterlife process, given the previous chapter on suicides?

For Next Meeting - May 5th, 2024

I believe the next reading will be on chapters 12 & 13 (just a bit over 30 pages). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I wasn't able to make it to this workshop. See y'alls then!

Attachments

• Life & Afterlife - Chapter 10 & 11 Mindmap (21_4_2024)_Page 1-[1714282313141].pdf
    22.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Life & Afterlife - Chapter 10 & 11 Mindmap (21_4_2024)_Page 1-[1714282331003].png
    4.7 MB · Views: 1
Hi everyone,

Below are the links for the recent Aus-Asia-Am group workshop on Iain McGilchrist's The Master and his Emissary.

Here's the video of the last meeting
The audio
And the folder
And the slideshow
(starts on slide# 199)
Here is the spreadsheet on the Greek Philosophers.

We will start on Ch 11: Romanticism and The Industrial Revolution up to the sub-heading 'The Problem of Clarity and Explicitness' (pg 369) for our next workshop on Saturday at 6 pm Sydney AEST time (GMT+10).

See you all then!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Below are the links to what we explored:

Do we need religion- an interview with Rupert Sheldrake ~video 14 minutes
The Scientific Revolution to the Age of Imperialism ~video 8 minutes
Christian Cross Variants Wikipedia

Twitter thread on various art styles depicting the Crucifixion (from early Roman to post modern):

Back
Top Bottom