Fourth Way
The Wave Series (Books 1 to 8) - Laura Knight-Jadczyk
In Search of the Miraculous - P.D. Ouspensky
Gnosis - Boris Mouravieff
Meetings with Remarkable Men - G.I. Gurdjieff
Life is Real Only Then, when "I am" - G.I. Gurdjieff
Tertium Organum - P.D. Ouspensky
Struggle of the Magicians - William Patterson

Books 1 to 8! Is there a book 8 in the wave?

Book 8 is not yet finished yet, but will be available in the relatively near future.

domi said:
Masamune said:
How about The Threat by David Jacobs? Would this be recommended reading on UFOs/aliens?

I would say so being half way through the book right now.
I found the book to be better than expected. Mr Jacobs does seem to be methodical and scientific in his approach.

Dominique

I just finished reading 'The threat' and I was wondering what people's opinion is on this book. I thought that most of the abductions that people experienced, as described in the book, were done by humans. A lot of the abductions seemed to have been done by sadistic psychopaths, especially those who used violent behavior towards the abductees who were threatened emotionally/physically as well as being raped. I found that a little odd that aliens would use such technique to manipulate human behavior that way. I have had a few uncomfortable experiences with human psychopaths, and these exeriences by abductees reminded me of my own experience.I read a book by Karla Turner and her abduction experiences were very different from what the abductees in this book described.

Hi Mona,

If you do a search for "David Jacobs" you will find quite a few references to him here on the forum. Here is one to get you started. :)

Thanks Vulcan59. I don't think I know how to search for specific topics that well. Approaching Infinity explained it very well, how these hybrids are being created into psychopaths. Well, it's just that in the book it seemed that some of the abductees had experienced being abducted by humans, there must be some exerimentaion going on of that type on humans by humans. I do understand that aliens who abduct people are of the psychopathic type, but it looks like to me that their method of abduction is different from that of humans. I will check out this topic in more detail. thanks

Tax return = book shopping spree. :D Due to certain circumstances, the wife and I received a nice tax credit this year that came at the perfect time. It is somewhat gratifying to take money that Uncle Sam is refunding and use it to purchase books that help reveal his true face.

Here are the books I'm starting with:

1. The rest of the Wave series

2. Detoxify or Die

3. Myth of Sanity

4. Trapped in the Mirror

5. The Sociopath Next Door

6. Political Ponerology

7. Life is Real Only Then, when "I am"

8. 911: The Ultimate Truth

9. Secret History of the World

10. UFOs and the National Security State vol. 2

Since I am new to Gurdjieff, I found an introductory book on Amazon.com that I ordered as well. Perhaps someone here has read it? It's called "Gurdjieff, A Beginner's Guide: How Changing The Way We React To Misplacing Our Keys Can Transform Our Lives." It seemed to present itself as being approachable and having a sense of humor. I figured having a little background info would probably make things a little easier, assuming this book doesn't attempt to bias the reader too much before he or she dives into the real stuff.

Speaking of Gurdjieff, after reading the opinions of those in this thread and reviews elsewhere online, I may have made a poor choice in purchasing "Life Is Only Real..." first. Perhaps I should take this advice:

dhess31 said:
One thing to add here. You may want to hold off on the Gurdjieff writings ("All and Everything") because "Beelzebub's" it REALLY hard to get through. Reading ISOTM and "Gnosis" first is probably a good idea.

Then you can move on to Gurdjieff.

Desiderata said:
Speaking of Gurdjieff, after reading the opinions of those in this thread and reviews elsewhere online, I may have made a poor choice in purchasing "Life Is Only Real..." first. Perhaps I should take this advice:

dhess31 said:
One thing to add here. You may want to hold off on the Gurdjieff writings ("All and Everything") because "Beelzebub's" it REALLY hard to get through. Reading ISOTM and "Gnosis" first is probably a good idea.

Then you can move on to Gurdjieff.

This is true for Beelzebub for sure, but I don't think that Life is Only Real is something to get too concerned about -- Gurdjieff is always a little bit opaque at first, but this book should be fine if that's what you have IMO. When you have a chance, you can pick up ISOTM and Gnosis in addition, but I think you are OK.

Shijing said:
This is true for Beelzebub for sure, but I don't think that Life is Only Real is something to get too concerned about -- Gurdjieff is always a little bit opaque at first, but this book should be fine if that's what you have IMO. When you have a chance, you can pick up ISOTM and Gnosis in addition, but I think you are OK.

yup, you've got plenty there to get you started, and should be fine with what you've got. Life is Real is a good read on it's own, and you can always revisit it again later for deeper insights once you've got a wider context under your belt.

ISOTM is excellent, once you get the chance, though - it is where I started with the 4th-way material.

Yes Dhess's advice is pretty good. Beelzebub's is tough. I've been doing the read it aloud deal for the last two years. I'm up to page 800 or so. It does get easier, somehow the more you read it.

As Nomad has written, In Search of the Miraculous is very good, although if you can explain the food diagram and Hydrogens....let me know how you went about it! :D

I must revisit Mouravieff's Gnosis again, that was a revelation when I first came across it.

The rest of your tax spend seems very holistic.

I appreciate the input from everyone. Yeah, I tried to pick at least one book from the major categories on the list of recommendations. "Trapped in the Mirror" was one of the first to arrive and I am finding that I might be more interested in the psych category than anything else at the moment. I was anticipating being drawn toward the "paranormal" and esoteric titles more, but that is not the case. I also think I need a thicker skin before I can dive into the more shocking material. I find some of the Wave material to be unsettling, to say the least, but I also feel compelled to take in as much as I can at a time. There are some hefty ideas in there that take some time to sink in and to assimilate. I will say that having read "The Ra Material" was a good primer, keeping in mind that it contains inaccuracies.

Desiderata said:
"Trapped in the Mirror" was one of the first to arrive and I am finding that I might be more interested in the psych category than anything else at the moment. I was anticipating being drawn toward the "paranormal" and esoteric titles more, but that is not the case. I also think I need a thicker skin before I can dive into the more shocking material.

That seems like a healthy inclination. It's easy to fall into to the excitement that can go along with the surface of the paranormal and the esoteric, but it's interesting that in order to really get into the substance of those things we have to bulk up on the basic stuff like psychology and history - and it's always fascinating to see how they all merge together.

Today I want to suggest adding Krishnamurti: "As One Is" to the recommended reading list.
It is a collection of 8 talks given in 1955 and imho very relevant for understanding
self-observation and in general realizing the thorough conditioning of one's mind.

Here are a few quotes to whet your appetite:

"If one wishes to find that which is truth, one must be totally free from all religions,
from all conditioning, from all dogmas, from all beliefs, from all authority which makes
one conform, which means, essentially, standing completely alone, and that is very arduous."

"We are not aware of ourselves at all; we do not see that we are condemning, comparing.
If we can watch ourselves daily without justifying or condemning anything, just being aware
of how we never think without judging, condemning, evaluating, then that very awareness is enough."

"Memory is helpful in directing, improving oneself, but in self-improvement there can never
be a revolution, a radical transformation. It is only when the sense of self-improvement
completely ceases, but not by volition, that there is a possibility of something transcendental,
something totally new coming into being."

Leo40 said:
Today I want to suggest adding Krishnamurti: "As One Is" to the recommended reading list.
It is a collection of 8 talks given in 1955 and imho very relevant for understanding
self-observation and in general realizing the thorough conditioning of one's mind.

Actually, if you do a search on Krishnamurti on the forum, you might find out that while some of what he has written is worth reading, across the board there are much better, more objective, sources of information - especially regarding self-observation.

Concerning one of the recommended books - None Dare Call it Conspiracy by Gary Allen. An updated version is available entitled Call it Conspiracy by Larry Abraham ( who was one original co-authors of NDCIC). This version contains the original 7 chapters plus additional notes and a further 6 chapters covering the Carter and Reagan administrations. This might be a better option for those who've not obtained the title yet.

fwiw

From another thread:
Laura said:
Let me again recommend "Lost Christianity" by Jacob Needleman as an invaluable adjunct to this work of thinking with the mind and not the emotions.
Would this book qualify for the recommended reading list? Perhaps under Bible History?

Back
Top Bottom