Conferences this year?

(by ShellyCheval)
Yes please, I too am asking--if the SOTT teams feels up to it and "goodlord willin and the crick don't rise . . . " would you consider doing a workshop in 2010? The chance to learn and converse with like-minded/advanced thinkers in person would be a priceless opportunity not to be missed! I would not mind going in the off season in March/spring-break time, as well as in summer.

It it clear though that the work of the SOTT team, Laura's health and well being, and the state of the world will dictate the possibilities, c'est la vie, but if one never asks

YES YES - I have been dreaming of being able some day to do that - ever since I found out too late about the 2006 conferences. I have been studying French for the past 5 years - so high time to put this to use! I would save every penny I could find just for the chance to do this.
Ann

Vulcan59 said:
Apologies for reviving this thread but any chance that you might consider a workshop anytime soon? Really like to visit and get to know you guys before visiting 5D!!

Indeed, what an exciting thought! I also would support any such initiative, including of course traveling to France (or another place) in such a case. ;)
Everyday seems more and more like a battle just to carry on to next. Speaking for myself, fending for my own private matters and conventional obligations is becoming
so unimportant that i really have to do a great deal of pretending just to "fit in" to mundane reality by practicing some strategic enclosure while trying to keep myself motivated.

Maybe it is only my imagination of it, but a few day workshop and a chance to meet and talk for hours with all you guys would be such a soul relief from my everyday experience with people.
I once attended a workshop on Castaneda's Tensegrity in Amsterdam, and i still draw positive impressions and feelings from the experience even after 9 years.

On the other hand in can think of a lot of other potential difficulties and considerations regarding the feasibility of such a conference nowadays. But in any case, the help and support of this forum is
already enough for me not to feel alone and draw strength to keep growing and learning. So thank you all for this, in hope that we might be given a chance to meet in person. I cannot imagine what
the "weather" will be like at that day!

:)

We've got a whole lot of stuff in planning, so ya'll just hang on and we'll see what we can do. We need to get everyone on the breathing/meditation program first so that when we all DO get together, we'll all be on the same page and able to do some real foot stomping and mountain moving!

Laura said:
We've got a whole lot of stuff in planning, so ya'll just hang on and we'll see what we can do. We need to get everyone on the breathing/meditation program first so that when we all DO get together, we'll all be on the same page and able to do some real foot stomping and mountain moving!

That sounds great and I'm looking forward to it!!
getsmiley.php

DanielS said:
I was planning on doing some backpacking next year!! Will I need to brush up and learn some French for this adventure? Only time (and the Sott Team) will tell. :P

Me too, I'm planning since about two years of traveling and walking the Santiago Way and visiting Auch Cathedral. Yes, time will tell.

Laura said:
That would be fantastic! A "party" I wouldn't miss. My feet are itching. I want to dance! :rockon:

Please bear with my story about what happened yesterday and still going on today...

There has been "wild fires" in the are I live in CA from yesterday.
http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news/fire-85478-county-crews.html

Actual fire was very close to our house (the map indicated about 1 mile!) so I went home and packed what I need (my passport and The Wave series...).
It was very frightening since the smoke was so big (see the attached picture fire1)...

It reminded me the fire "1997 Williams fire CA" 12 years ago when I lost everything with the fire.
http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news/fire-27232-dobbins-house.html

The area I live has been MANDATORY EVACUATIONS area since yesterday so I needed to sleep at one of co-workers house yesterday night.
This morning, the smoke was less and the following fire update site said "Firefighters made good progress during the night" but still the area I live is one of "three exceptions" after "MOST EVACUATIONS LIFTED" :cry::
http://www.yubanet.com/nevada/Yuba.php (this link may not work later due to the purpose of this site)

It is strange because I just experienced a "wild fire" with my friend who also read this Forum 2 weeks ago:
http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news/fire-84986-road-reached.html
(at that time, we seriously though about "The cause (is) still under investigation" could be a 'comet hit' or something...)

Anyway, I was seriously thinking yesterday night about:
from Cs] Expect gradual destruction of California economy as people begin mass exodus. [/quote] because of these 2 fire events. And even start thinking about moving to Europa somewhere said:
Laura, Thank you for opening up possibilities. For me I don't know if the fire happened just after you posted this is a just coincidence or not BUT definitely became 'external shocks' for the future choices.

(Since the 'generator' is at work in my office (fire4 is a picture from the office yesterday), I can post this but most of area are now no electricity...)

Attachments

• fire1.jpg
    fire1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 409
  • fire4.jpg
    fire4.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 6
Thank you, truth seeker.

Yes, I am ok. :)
Still I can not go home due to mandatory evacuation (tried twice but police is still cutting off the road but I am not blaming them since I understand the necessity).
So I decided to take a short trip to enjoy while I am evacuating... ;)
I can now connect "Networking" from the hotel and I am planning to work from here tomorrow.

GotoGo said:
[…]
So I decided to take a short trip to enjoy while I am evacuating... ;)
[…]

That's a very good idea in my opinion. If you cannot change a specific situation (the universe), simply making the best out of it, what is confronting you!
And with the Eiriu Eolas-program in your luggage you can do deep breathing too!!

Are you still reading the wave series, because you took it with you?

Nonetheless, I hope things sort out so that you can go back home.

abcdefghiJoerg said:
Are you still reading the wave series, because you took it with you?

Yes, I am still reading the wave series... :-[
Although I have all 7 Wave books (so far), I was reading in random order as Wave 1 afterword noted it can be read so (except 5->6).
But I found more useful to follow Laura's thoughts. So this time, I am reading in the liner order (1 to 7) more carefully.

For me, with especially "Forth Way" books, I need to read them again and again. And interestingly I still get new meanings from them!
To me, it is a verification of Understanding = Knowledge + Being (this formula can be read that when your level of Being changes, you get new Understanding from the same Knowledge!)

[quote author=abcdefghiJoerg]
Nonetheless, I hope things sort out so that you can go back home.
[/quote]
Thank you! :)

Regarding, 'get rid of junk' on new session Session 15 August 2009:
Q: (Ark) I think that some kind of teaching on psychology - even though we don't know if psychology is science or not - would be useful, stressing some important points. For instance, we were reading today about these narcissist people. So, everybody is a little bit narcissistic in the sense that we love our junk. We have a lot of junk, and we love it, and we are scared to get rid of this junk because we think that body will implode. There will be nothing, so we keep this junk because that's the only thing. But you cannot change if – at the same time - you still want to be the same. So you have to get rid of this junk. You have to stop doing many things cold turkey as a symbolic declaration to the Universe. And don't be scared. (L) If you wanna change, you have to change. (Ark) And don't be scared that you will collapse and you will be nothing, you see?

It was a significant moment to CHOOSE when I needed to 'pack' before evacuation. I can see now most of what I have are 'junk' and not necessary anymore like DVD collections, other books that can be read only once etc. I will be fine even if they are going to be burned with the fire (but it seems the house will be survived since the wind is toward opposite direction from our house so...).

GotoGo said:
(snipped)
Regarding, 'get rid of junk' on new session Session 15 August 2009:

It was a significant moment to CHOOSE when I needed to 'pack' before evacuation. I can see now most of what I have are 'junk' and not necessary anymore like DVD collections, other books that can be read only once etc. I will be fine even if they are going to be burned with the fire (but it seems the house will be survived since the wind is toward opposite direction from our house so...).

Yes, this is very true, GotoGo. Most of us have much more 'junk' than we realize. Experiencing the potential danger from the fires as you did, I understand your thoughts of CHOOSING. I lived in earthquake/fire country too (California). Other than water, I knew the only thing I'd grab of any value was Secret History of the World! You could be on a desert island for years and if that was your only book, I am fairly certain one could read it 100 times over and still find some nugget missed, or an idea better comprehended. :)

Finally, I was able to go home yesterday.
As Dorothy says 'there's no place like home'! :)

1984 said:
Yes, this is very true, GotoGo. Most of us have much more 'junk' than we realize. Experiencing the potential danger from the fires as you did, I understand your thoughts of CHOOSING. I lived in earthquake/fire country too (California).

It was interesting to view the same things (selected as 'junk') after the CHOICE, I am not 'attached' to them anymore as I did (without not so much awareness) before. So as a consequence, although they are saved by the fire, I am now thinking to throw them away step by step. I can not explain well why I want to do so but I feel it is 'right' to do so as a next step on the path.

GotoGo said:
Finally, I was able to go home yesterday.
As Dorothy says 'there's no place like home'! :)

1984 said:
Yes, this is very true, GotoGo. Most of us have much more 'junk' than we realize. Experiencing the potential danger from the fires as you did, I understand your thoughts of CHOOSING. I lived in earthquake/fire country too (California).

It was interesting to view the same things (selected as 'junk') after the CHOICE, I am not 'attached' to them anymore as I did (without not so much awareness) before. So as a consequence, although they are saved by the fire, I am now thinking to throw them away step by step. I can not explain well why I want to do so but I feel it is 'right' to do so as a next step on the path.

I think I understand what you mean. When I went traveling, I didn't want to deal with the cost of a storage facility and so I gave away just about everything I owned. I've never felt freer in my life. It's as though the stuff weighs you down spiritually as well as physically.

truth seeker said:
I think I understand what you mean. When I went traveling, I didn't want to deal with the cost of a storage facility and so I gave away just about everything I owned. I've never felt freer in my life. It's as though the stuff weighs you down spiritually as well as physically.
I think I know exactly how you feel. About three years ago my brother and I moved into a rental only to move again a few months later. As it happens, we too became tired of toting all the 'junk' around and threw out a lot of what we had acquired thru the years. It did feel good. I think the constant concern to protect our belongings does ties us down and its really all for nothing because in the end, none of that stuff matters. Ever since then I've been asking myself "do I really need it?" before I buy something and not only have I lightened up on the junk collecting, but I've also started to save a bit of money. ;)

Laura said:
I would also very much like to do this. I love to travel yet sadly never really get the chance. Just today I finally went and applied for a passport. The woman asked me if I had any destination but I told her no, I just wanted to have one. Now that I read this thread I might actually have some place to go in the near future and that would be awesome! :D

Laura said:

This is very exciting, Laura. If I can be of any help with planning, coordinating, etc. please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom