Kaleah LaRoche - Narcissism Expert or Another Sam Vaknin?

Look folks, unless this is just another one of those many sites currently littering the internet (and the unwary), that once started out with high-minded intentions, but over time ended up being run by and for "quasi-trolls" (seeking Narcisstic Supply).... then frankly y'all need to run a little better ship here, and certainly one more befitting Gurdjieff's values (among which famously included deep compassion, as well as objectivity).

I've already provided quite a bit of information, both directly about the subject at hand and about me personally, and I've also backed up my claims with specific names and links. If "entitlement" and the typical trollish "I can't be bothered, look it up" and "get up to speed on the subject" is all I can expect here (and from a so-called "administrator"), then let's not waste each other's time (or insult our intelligence).

Otherwise, would be happy to discuss or answer any further questions from other folks, but as with most equitable exchanges in life, I also feel it's appropriate that the questioner usually gives some pertinent (and personal) information as well.

Been nice chattin' with 'ya, -m. ;)

Mateo said:
Look folks, unless this is just another one of those many sites currently littering the internet (and the unwary), that once started out with high-minded intentions, but over time ended up being run by and for "quasi-trolls" (seeking Narcisstic Supply).... then frankly y'all need to run a little better ship here, and certainly one more befitting Gurdjieff's values (among which famously included deep compassion, as well as objectivity).

I think you should spend some more time reading the material on this site before concluding that it's run by and for "quasi-trolls". FYI, your posts come across as rude and demanding. For example, anart, in her first response, DID tell you where you could find a list of books that we use here as a base for research. We try not to "insult readers' intelligence", as you put it, by thinking that they are unable to check out the forum using the search function to 1) see if their question has already been answered and 2) get up to speed on the research we quote here.

As for your comment about Gurdjieff, how much of his work have you read? Are you aware, for example, of this story?

_http://www.lumen.org/intros/intro20.html
On the other hand, Gurdjieff does not seem to have been concerned with the empire-building so beloved of contemporary gurus in the United States; he drove away as many students as he attracted; and many of the people who stayed at the Prieure were Russian refugees whom he had to support. True to his Caucasian heritage, he dispensed hospitality in abundant qualities. To Aleister Crowley, for example, who came to the Prieure for help with his drug addiction, Gurdjieff showed all due consideration - until Crowley was about to leave.

"Mister, you go?" Gurdjieff inquired. Crowley assented. "You have been guest?" - a fact which the visitor could hardly deny. "Now you go, you are no longer guest?" Crowley - no doubt wondering whether his host had lost his grip on reality and was wandering in a semantic wilderness - humored his mood by indicating that he was on his way back to Paris. But Gurdjieff, having made the point that he was not violating the canons of hospitality, changed on the instant into the embodiment of righteous anger. "You filthy," he stormed, "you dirty inside! Never again you set foot in my house!" . . . Whitefaced and shaking, the Great Beast crept back to Paris with his tail between his legs.22

I guess it all depends on what you think compassion is? I think Gurdjieff was compassionate, but he was also ruthlessly objective. If people were dirt, he told them. If they were arrogant and demanding, he told them. If they could see themselves, and change, they would. If not, they wouldn't. I don't think anyone here would advocate what could be called "inhumane" practices when dealing with these individuals, e.g. abuse, torture, murder. However, many individuals have what we call a "sacred cow" when it comes to seeing things objectively, and calling them what they are. For example, take a crocodile or a shark. It is what it is, a predator. If you approach one of these animals with "compassion", disregarding its nature, that is not acting on knowledge, but on wishful thinking and illusions. Same with psychopaths. They are what they are.

Can you give some examples of what you mean by being more compassionate and humane to people with "Cluster B" personality disorders?

Mateo,
One of the reasons we ask everyone who is new to the forum to post an intro is so that they can receive information regarding the forum (what books we read, how the forum is run, etc). This is for your own benefit as well as everyone else's as it saves time and energy so that people don't have to keep asking and answering the same questions over and over again.

Jumping into discussions without first getting up to speed is similar to walking in the back door of a house as opposed to knocking on the front door. While you still end up in the house, you've shortchanged yourself of not getting a proper welcome and have missed the tour. You now spend your time asking where the bathrooms are and how the house is kept. All of this could have been avoided if you had just entered through the front door.

When first starting out with any group, it is externally considerate to find out how things are done so that everyone is on the same page and you get an idea if this is the place for you or not. How is it that you expect us to read what you have posted when you are showing that you're not interested in reading the material here? While this works both ways, as someone who is entering this group, the onus is on you to do the required reading first. This is what is asked of everyone here, why should you be any different?

While you may feel uncomfortable with the perceived attention you're getting, it is important to note that this is an opportunity for you to learn more about yourself and this forum if you choose to see it that way. Perhaps you felt uncomfortable posting and just decided to jump in here as you felt it would attract less attention? Now all your worst fears have come true. As I said above, if you had taken a little time to go through the usual channels, this situation would have been avoided.

Instead of storming away upset, why not take some time to post an intro and get a feel for the forum? No one will think less of you. Perhaps you will then come to find that this forum holds far more compassion than you realize.

Clearly Mateo came with an agenda to "be an expert" and, since this narcissistic status was questioned by Anart in a totally unobjectionable response, I would say that Mateo just stumbled into the wrong bar.

Kaleah hosts a talk show on a radio station. I found an interview she had with Barbara Hort, author of Unholy Hungers.
A sharp contrast between the two personalities can be distinguished, a hazy, spacey Kaleah and a clear and objective Barbara :)

It's on the bottom of this page in case anyone is interested:

_http://www.sedonatalkradio.com/dispelling-the-myths-with-kaleah-and-kelly/321

Back
Top Bottom