Barack Obama

Hildegarda said:
foofighter said:
it just might have been better if McCain had won. When the choice is between "open madness" and "hidden madness", the former might be more useful in bringing about real change, as it would be painfully obvious just how screwed up the whole thing is. Now there will be a period of sleep before the US people realize they've been had, once again, if they ever really do realize it that is.

fwiw, I disagree. Open madness means that there is no time left for any change. Hidden madness means that there is, may be, a slightly wider window of time in which we can keep flapping butterfly wings.

I'd agree with that. Open madness means much more suffering for everyone right now. "Hidden" madness means we have a chance to do something... maybe. I don't really know. I was so sure McCain would be "elected". Maybe all the Palin craze was just a diversion : "look how evil she is, booh!!". Obama, as has been said, might be "better" for the PTB to bring people back to sleep. :zzz:
And if he really means what he says when talking about "change", he'll probably get killed.
Interesting development anyway...

Hildegarda said:
fwiw, I disagree. Open madness means that there is no time left for any change. Hidden madness means that there is, may be, a slightly wider window of time in which we can keep flapping butterfly wings.
I see your point, but the problem now is if the US people will go to sleep for another four years, thinking that the system is basically working. That they have already "won" against the dark forces. That would be devastating! No point in stop being a sheep if you believe you already have.

But as you say, open madness might imply more aggressive moves to shut down dissenting voices, such as here. I don't know. It's difficult to say what would be better or worse in this situation. I guess we will have to wait and see, and as always, look for that opportunity in time when the flapping can make the most difference.

For tonight the long nightmare is over.

It is like a brief moment of sun shining through the clouds after a long period of cold rain.

The sky, I'm afraid, will darken again soon enough.

In regard to the Republicans/Neocons - my joy is of the most part 'Schadenfreude'.

I cannot help but feel happy on this day.

foofighter said:
I see your point, but the problem now is if the US people will go to sleep for another four years, thinking that the system is basically working. That they have already "won" against the dark forces. That would be devastating! No point in stop being a sheep if you believe you already have.

I thought about the same thing, for a brief moment, I was somehow relieved that Obama won but there are many other forces that are at play than just the US elections.
I have doubts that it will change anything in the oncoming events for a new world order (whichever form it will take).

If anything happens in the US, either a new "terrorist attack" or a catastrophic natural disaster, with the First brigade ready to act, would it take much to take the power out of the hands of Obama by a coup (if he is shown has incompetent ?) ?
Will they report to Obama now as President ?

I feel uneasy because there are things we see and the rest, I cannot feel hope considering that the PTB has been playing games for so long, I hardly believe they did not see Obama win.

I keep my butterfingers crossed before eating them.

foofighter said:

But as you say, open madness might imply more aggressive moves to shut down dissenting voices, such as here. I don't know. It's difficult to say what would be better or worse in this situation. I guess we will have to wait and see, and as always, look for that opportunity in time when the flapping can make the most difference.

all I know is that, at least for tomorrow, we are not scheduled for a free fall into "New Middle Ages": book burnings, creationism in schools, or fascist rallies and lynchings. And the fruit flies in Paris will get their research funding. And nobody will press the Big Red Button out of sheer incompetent error.

And, I know for a fact now that all those people in my neighborhood who put up McCain\Palin signs, or the Internet nutsoids -- the glassy-eyed conservative zombies whom I have seen too much of -- they ARE indeed a freaky minority and not the majority. At least for tomorrow.

Somehow, that gives me strength to keep flapping those butterfly wings. Apologies for being emotional.

For me, Obama victory is logic, the republicans simply do not want the job any more.

They got the money and now the job is too 'risky'. The game is over.

I heard the news at 4am in the UK (I was having trouble sleeping). It was very very strange. I could feel the 'hope' in the air, it was almost palpable.
For a moment I got sucked in. Could there actually be change? (It was 4am!)

To then realise the amount of emotional energy being placed onto obama, and that this was carrying me (and everyone else) along with it was chilling. Whats worse is I don't think its just america that was feeling this 'hope'.

The best analogy I could come up with for what I was picking up was a starving man finally (thinking he was) getting a meal. Except he'd just been given a coke (sugar,cafean) and was simply just buzzing off of it. Theres nothing of substance behind it. The starving man needs to learn to feed himself.

Talk about mass projection! Unholy Hungers is ringing in my ears. All that energy being sent out. I can't help but wonder if the lizzies just had a feast???
If people wake up with 'hangovers'/fuzzy heads then you know it was a mass draining, and what a scale. Reminiscent of 9/11 in size.

Just my perception mind, I'm not even sure how accurate I can be at observing myself at 4am...
Did anyone notice anything similar???

I felt a instant release in the Matrix of life. More better then a socker game when at the last seconds a player kicks the ball into the nets. My personal opinion is that such a great bittersweet release of energy and power the world will not experience again for a long time to come. My gut feeling was telling me that the electoral votes would not allow a black-man into the Whitehouse! But it was a landslide. You can believe me, I'm sitting here with caution and anticipation of future events. Obama, a graduate of Harvard, first Black president of a Harvard law club and to the best of my knowledge a member of the skull and bones. He himself admitted in one of the early debates that everyone knows politicans are crocked and that he was not as crooked as other politicians. One has to wonder also just how well informed Obama is reference UFOs and the secret Government "Behind the government". Truly, what we just experienced was mealy the proper functioning of a mean machine and healthy working decoy keeping the masses of people at bay and naive.

RedFox said:
The best analogy I could come up with for what I was picking up was a starving man finally (thinking he was) getting a meal. Except he'd just been given a coke (sugar,cafean) and was simply just buzzing off of it. Theres nothing of substance behind it. The starving man needs to learn to feed himself.

a very good analogy indeed!

some thoughts:

- he isn't president yet - should anything happen to him that could be blamed on some 'terrorist' country or other group of people, the masses would scream for blood and support any insane action president biden would order.

- it could be that a black man was allowed to become president in order to 'stick him with the bill' - the end of the american empire will be presided over by him. (a nice 'f*ck you' from the white racists who have run the country since the beginning)

- what seems certain is that the hard decisions the US will have to face in the immediate future will be harder to resist to if the orders come from a member of a minority with the hope of the country on his shoulders rather than a white republican 'good ole boy'.

in any case, the movie just took an interesting turn ;)

In my experience, people keep their mouths shut about who they voted for because they want to be seen as winners along with the "winner" of the election. When Bush was "re-elected", there weren't terribly many people standing up and booing, even though it was blatantly obvious that the majority despised the man. Nevertheless, he was re-installed, people cheered, the news reported the great victory, etc.

Well, maybe this time is a little different, and maybe people are a little more exuberant. The question is: why??

Obama as president changes nothing. Fireballs are still falling like raindrops. Fascist laws are still being passed in every country. Patriot Acts I and II are still on the books. The economic situation is so ridiculous and obviously manipulated that it defies belief. And yet people are cheering, crying, and carrying on as if Obama is the second coming.

I think the reason Obama will be president is that now, it will be that much easier to pull one over on people. The people have a HUGE amount of emotional energy that will be directed in exactly the way the PTB want. Besides, now if something bad happens, it won't be Obama's fault. He's just a Man of Change who got stuck in difficult circumstances. Oh yeah, Bush would have abused his dictatorial powers, but people will be far less likely to believe that Obama would. He'll just be "doing what needs to be done".

And that's forgetting about all the other more grim possibilities, like an attack and martial law before Obama takes over, the PTB pulling another JFK and capitalizing on the even bigger emotional outpouring, etc.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

stalk·ing-horse (stôkng-hôrs)
n.
1. Something used to cover one's true purpose; a decoy.
2. A sham candidate put forward to conceal the candidacy of another or to divide the opposition.
a. A horse trained to conceal the hunter while stalking.
b. A canvas screen made in the figure of a horse, used for similar concealment.

source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/stalking-horse

Either candidate fits this bill, depending on what hot button issue clicks in the minds of the masses. The predators in power are just shifting tactics. It will be interesting to see what happens between now and inauguration day.

I just watched an interview from Indecision2008 with Charles Ogletree, a professor from Harward Law School that has known the Obamas for a long time. You can watch it here:
_http://www.indecision2008.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=209522
Note that he describes them as pretty much republicans, and that Obama winning was basically a success for the republicans.

In essence, put up two republican candidates, and then when the most extreme one loses, it's still a win! Brilliant!

Hildegarda said:
Open madness means that there is no time left for any change. Hidden madness means that there is, may be, a slightly wider window of time in which we can keep flapping butterfly wings.

I have kinda mixed feelings about this - on the one hand, I can see what Hildegarda said , it's like there is a bit more breathing space, or the possibility of it.

On the other hand, though, we know that nothing in politics happens by accident, and surely Obama winning was always on the cards and can be made to fit in with the evil plans of the PTB. A surge of hope and promise followed by a crash of despair seems like the way they operate.

The Obama victory it seems has kicked the christian fundamentalist controlled GOP out. But to me it all seems a little to simple. The Democrat victory gave Americans their democracy back, or so they seem to think. I can see people who criticise an Obama government being served up as people who just don't like America and will find fault no matter what the US does or who's in charge, something that could be swallowed by the public, as one possibility. Obama has big support at the moment and to me it seems the country may think it can return to norm or pre 9-11. How will there supporters feel to being on the receiving end of criticism should he get into office.

But then Obama isn't in office yet, and somehow I think the Christian fundies and neocons who seem believe that the end justifies the means and anything can be done if it's for God, will even after the election not want to hand over their new found dictatorial powers to the 'unfit and unjust'. And is this the end of the neocons.

I just still think that something will be pulled out the bag by the powers that be, and the whole election was too send a questioning, unhappy and cynical people back to sleep.

I had a dream last night while the elections were taken place n the US. I dreamt of an Obama victory where he and his his supporters were standing on a podium celebrating their success and then it turned to the McCain camp who were on the opposite side of the room and looking back to the Obama camp and at first were cheering but then rage filled their non blinking penetrating eyes, they were all bearing their snow white perfect teeth and they began to chant, and they were expressing pure hate and poison it seemed back to the Obama camp.

What do peeps think is gonna happen now?

Jamie

manitoban said:
Hildegarda said:
Open madness means that there is no time left for any change. Hidden madness means that there is, may be, a slightly wider window of time in which we can keep flapping butterfly wings.

I have kinda mixed feelings about this - on the one hand, I can see what Hildegarda said , it's like there is a bit more breathing space, or the possibility of it.

On the other hand, though, we know that nothing in politics happens by accident, and surely Obama winning was always on the cards and can be made to fit in with the evil plans of the PTB. A surge of hope and promise followed by a crash of despair seems like the way they operate.

Yeah, many scenarios are possible. Perhaps the Bush administration was the set up. McCain/Palin touted as more of the same. Then Obama offered as the savior. Metaphorically, sends people running from the clutches of Hitler in to waiting arms of Joseph Stalin. I don't know.

There is relief for a moment in having the election over. So weary of hearing the ads.

Mac

Back
Top Bottom