Zadius Sky's Blog

Zadius Sky

The Living Force
I have recently set up my new blog account:

_http://zadiussky.blogspot.com/

I have include several links to SOTT and others under "links and blogs" on the right side of the page.

I wish to learn in a great deal by writing about what I've read, about the subject, or an idea. Since, for me, an application of knowledge would include writing about a subject and I like to write, to express ideas. I like writing papers and articles that I did in college, but this was over a year ago. And, I'd like to try to get back into writing. However, bad grammer and rant-oriented always get the best of me. I don't think these are new to anyone here.

I just wrote an article about some clues for self-observation (as Laura pointed it out in http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=5743&p=3) from three books (The Myth of Sanity by Martha Stout, Trapped in the Mirror by Elan Golomb, and Unholy Hungers by Barbara Hort) that I've read. These books are from Laura's list for "clues" before we would begin to be engaged in self-obsevation (except for TNF book). The reason for this was to help me as well the readers (who are new to the whole idea of self-observation) to understand ourselves better. It is a bit value, but it's a start.

The article is called "Who We Are: Self-Observation" is situated here:
_http://zadiussky.blogspot.com/2007/07/who-we-are-self-observation.html

When I wrote a paper or article in college, I usually had someone to proofread them. But, now I had my mom to read it for me and she said that I am ranting in this article. So, I would appreciate any errors that may be evident in the article.

Edit: Blog deleted.

After reading Lobaczewski's "Political Ponerology," I have decided to write a short review on it last week on the "Red Pill Press" website where I've obtained it from (but for some reason, it didn't show up). Then, I have figured I wish to write a book review in bit more detail.

"Political Ponerology - A Book Review":
_http://zadiussky.blogspot.com/2007/08/political-ponerology-book-review.html

Edit:
For those who felt it was no need to go to the link, I am posting the review here.

Political Ponerology - A Book Review

What if your leader is a Psychopath?

Lobaczewski, Andrew. Political Ponerology: A Science on the Nature of Evil Adjusted for Political Purposes. 2nd Edition. Grande Prairie: Red Pill Press, 2006.

From using his detailed memory on scientific research and data, Polish Psychologist Andrew Lobaczewski wrote a paramount work titled Political Ponerology, which was published in 2006. This book drives the readers to experience the hidden aspects of ponerology and to understand the importance of this book. The author Lobaczewski has lived and studied the nature of psychopathy under the harsh condition of the Soviet Union control. And, he has written this work to bring forth the most important study one has ever undertaken. This book is a third manuscript, and the first two manuscripts did not reach the public’s humble mind because the first copy went into the fire before it could be confiscated by the secret police and the second copy (with all of the scientific data) was never accounted for when it was on route to Vatican. By looking at what is political ponerology, the issue of psychopathy, how normal people are being affected by the pathocratic rule, one can gather an understanding why political ponerology is greatly important and how it would help the humanity.

The first chapter of the Political Ponerology introduces the readers to understand the purpose of the book and the nature of evil on a large scale. The second chapter, "Some Indispensable Concepts," focuses on the history of the western civilization, the problems with psychology, objectivity, sociology, human personality, and society. "The Hysteroidal Cycle" is the third chapter that deals with the question of repeating time cycle of suffering within the societies based on their hysterical conditions. The meaning of ponerology is evident in the fourth chapter, which also discussed the pathological factors, a list of acquired and inherited deviations, ponerogenic phenomena and processes, spellbinders, ponerogenic associations, ideologies and more. The macrosocial pathological phenomenon is further discussed in the fifth chapter. The next three chapters focus on the normal people and psychology/psychiatry under pathocratic rule and the relationship between pathocracy and religion. The final two chapters, Chapter IX and X, addresses on 'how' to protect oneself and what are the possible actions to 'take' the power away from the world of psychopaths.

What is Political Ponerology?

The term "ponerology" came from the Greek word, poneros, meaning "evil" and the ponerology basically means a theology study or research on the nature of evil (p. 71). In the case for the term "Political Ponerology," it is a science discipline or study on the nature of evil within the political world. It is because of this arisen (yet suppressed) discipline that we would learn of the pathocratic rule is played out in both the past and today's world governments. It is because of this new discipline that we come to realization of the truth; the truth that there is evil within our governments to this day. It is because of this discipline that we come to know the new term of "Macrosocial Evil," which is a large scale evil that is in control of societies and nations, "and has done so again and again since time immemorial" (p. 7).

What does psychopathy have to do with social evil?

As one may know or may not know, a psychopath is a person without conscience and without remorse. That is, in itself, a downright frightening. It is someone who can do anything at all to achieve their goals or desires. And, they see normal people as simple pawns in their games. Not all psychopaths are branded 'criminals' in the eyes of the law or sitting in jail cells. As one will discover when reading "Political Ponerology," they became the law. According to Laura Knight-Jadczyk in the editor’s preface of this book:

Whether you know it or not, each and every day your life is touched by the effects of psychopathy on our world. You are about to learn that even if there isn't much we can do about geological and cosmological catastrophe, there is a lot we can do about social and Macrosocial evil, and the very first thing to do is to learn about it. In the case of psychopathy and its effects on our world, what you don't know definitely can and will hurt you. (p. 9)
It is best for one to deeply learn about the psychopathy in general because, in Lobaczewski's work, one will see the traits of psychopaths match the traits to some of our today’s leaders.

How are normal people being affected by pathocratic rule?

Lobaczewski has devoted an entire chapter on the normal people under pathocratic rule. There are two main issues that needed to be pointed out from this chapter: the intelligent individuals being targeted by psychopaths and the normal people under control. Over time, the psychopaths who ruled nations or societies tend to indirectly destroy or eliminate individuals who have high level of intelligence as first order of business if those individuals did not join them. Lobaczewski stated that "only those people with the highest degree of intelligence, which [...] does not accompany psychopathies, are unable to find meaning to life within such a system" (p. 168). These individuals would have great difficulty living under pathocratic rule, and they would discover the harsh truth about those who rules. It is those intelligent individuals who would be able to use their knowledge and skills to help others to fight off an "unseen" control of psychopaths. The psychopathic leaders see any highly intelligent individuals as a threat if these individuals would be able to pass on the right information to the right people. With the elimination of such individuals, the normal people (or common individuals) would not become aware of such pathocratic rule being played out or being aware that they are currently being controlled by psychopaths under the disguise of freedom and democracy. They only see what was being brought to them, such as a controlled media. It is reasonable to assume that these psychopathic rulers do not want the normal people to know of their true nature. To sum it up, Lobaczewski pointed out that:

Pathocratic leadership believes that it can achieve a state wherein those "other" people's minds become dependent by means of the effects of their personality, perfidious pedagogical means, the means of mass-disinformation, and psychological terror; such faith has a basic meaning for them. In their conceptual world, pathocrats consider it virtually self-evident that the "others" should accept their obvious, realistic, and simple way of apprehending reality. For some mysterious reason, though, the "others" wriggle out, slither away, and tell each other jokes about pathocrats. Someone must be responsible for this: pre-revolutionary oldsters, or some radio stations abroad. It thus becomes necessary to improve the methodology of action, find better "soul engineers" with a certain literary talent, and isolate society from improper literature and any foreign influence. Those experiences and intuitions whispering that this is a Sisyphean labor must be repressed from the field of consciousness of the pathocrats. (p. 164)
Normal people wanted a simple life and a simple understanding of their reality and their world that they live in. It is safe to say that psychopaths are taking an advantage of these simple-minded people and took whatever means necessary to keep the people in the state of ignorance. If people wanted to acquire information, the information sensitive enough for the pathocrats, then a source of disinformation would be given to them. It would be the expectation of the pathocrats to see the normal people believing the disinformation and would 'finally' stop asking for more. The intelligent individuals know how to discern the information, to tell the difference between the truth, the twisted truth, and the lies, which is why the pathocrats wanted to dispose of them. And, the pathocratic leaders do not want the normal people to discover how to discern between the disinformation and the true information. For the pathocrats, it is better for the normal people to be kept in a controlled environment.

Why is this book important for general readers?

There are three points to stress out why Lobaczewski's "Political Ponerology" would be highly important and recommended for the readers. The first is the importance of the data and research in this book. As the publisher, with caution, pointed out:

When the first edition of this book was published in April of 2006, it was understood that it might very well create a backlash. The depiction of the ways and means by which pathological figures take over and undermine the social structures of normal people found within its pages contained too much accurate clinical data to escape attention from 'interested parties' who are 'ideationally alert' in regard to these matters […] The author, having been subjected to arrests and then exile from his native Poland, traveled to the US in the 1980s and found that American authorities were equally resistant to the thesis of his book. (p. 221)
Since this book is not officially 'banned' in the United States, it was not 'promoted' by the national or international publishers. It was found that the information lies within this book contains the truth of our governments being controlled by the pathocrats, and it would appeared that the respected publishers may have 'rejected' this book in fear of having their companies 'shut down' in the mysterious ways.

The second point is best stressed by Laura Knight-Jadczyk in the editor's preface:

The book...is going to give you answers to many of the questions about Evil in our world. This book is not just about macrosocial evil, it is also about everyday evil, because, in a very real sense, the two are inseparable. The long term accumulation of everyday evil always and inevitably leads to Grand Systemic Evil that destroys more innocent people than any other phenomenon on this planet. (p. 9)
If one wanted to be safe and do not have the basic working knowledge of the nature of evil in the lands of "near and far," one is in ignorance and would likely to fall under the control of one such evil ruler. It is best to know about the evil in order to protect oneself. Lobaczewski's work will provide that basic working knowledge, and it is this book that would help save humanity from falling into a pathocratic hell and restore the humanity back to its proper path.

The final point is, with this book as a tool and a guide, the readers would be able to identify each pathological individual and understand them as a "separate case," as Lobaczewski has done (p. 222). Since Lobaczewski has focused on a macro scale of phenomenon of psychopaths in this book, it is recommended for the readers to study other works that discussed with certain aspects of this phenomenon, including The Mask of Sanity (by Hervey Checkley), Without Conscience (by Robert Hare), The Sociopath Next Door (by Martha Stout), Snakes in Suits (by Robert Hare and Paul Babiak), and In Sheep’s Clothing (by George Simon). With these works, in addition to Political Ponerology, one will have a basic working knowledge of the phenomenon of psychopaths in our world and one can see the "unseen" within our world governments.

In Lobaczewski's Political Ponerology, one can apprehend the nature of evil within our governments and their continuing 'unethical' actions by looking at what is political ponerology, the issue of psychopathy, and how normal people are being affected by the pathocratic rule. Instead of being greatly confused of why such evil occurred, Lobaczewski brings the readers to this understanding of 'why' as well the fact that it is still on-going. While this book is not easily read, it contains a powerful understanding of the nature of reality that is currently lived. It is of humble opinion that this book is to be highly recommended.

The book, Political Ponerology: A Science on the Nature of Evil Adjusted for Political Purposes, (2nd Edition) by Andrew Lobaczewski can be found at Quantum Future Group bookstore at http://www.qfgpublishing.com/ and at Red Pill Press at http://www.redpillpress.com/.

hello what you will do when they com for you?:)
they will have your ip ... you will be market as... Anarchyst and ... danger... ?
beter move to the europa ? :) Poland:D?

Blacki,

I think I was already been discovered by the STS forces through 'Rachel' (see 'Warning Dream'), and I think I'm on the list to be eliminated. I cannot change that, and I will not go back to that 'safe' reality. If they killed me for what I wrote or about what I know, then I must doing something right. For me, it's better to die knowing the truth than to die believing in the lies.

Blacki said:
what you will do when they com for you? :)
Funny, when I read that, I hear a theme song from a COP show, lol. It's a good question.

I'd like to go to Poland; my great-grandfather moved to US from there before the outbreak of WWI.

Zadius Sky said:
After reading Lobaczewski's "Political Ponerology," I have decided to write a short review on it last week on the "Red Pill Press" website where I've obtained it from (but for some reason, it didn't show up). Then, I have figured I wish to write a book review in bit more detail.
Hi Zadius,

I am still making my way though Political Ponerology. This is not a book that can be read like a novel and one needs to concentrate greatly. And as always, fighting my little Is that distract me is also not helping.

I've read you review and in my opinion it is a good introduction for someone who has not read the book that will give them a good general idea about it. Also helpful are the references to some of the other core literature on psychopathy.

Now, I am slowly making my way toward translating Laura's two part Political Ponerology articles. Because everything on Political Ponerology is in English, I am trying to introduce the concepts and write more about psychopathy as part of everyday life and not just as something that's associated with mental institutions. We're big on mental institutions in this country. Therefore I'd like to translate your review and put it up on my blog along with Laura's articles. Where all of this is ultimately heading is a Czech section on quantumfuture.net but that's still some time away.

Hi rylek,

Political Ponerology is indeed quite difficult to read, even for a English speaker. I took my time to read it through and understood great deal of it. Laura's (or editor's) endnotes helped alot as well. I wrote a book review on this book because I read some of the previous reviews which didn't helped me. Some reviews were "must read," which I felt it did not help me to understand the 'why' I should read it. Not me personally, just in general. I wrote a few book reviews when I was in college for historical books. I used the same method that I had then for this one. I sincerely hoped it might be somewhat helpful.

I am planning on re-reading Political Ponerology again at some point to which I am applying Gurdjieff's "Friendly Advice" in his Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson where one would need to read a book three times (each time to be read differently).

rylek said:
Therefore I'd like to translate your review and put it up on my blog along with Laura's articles.
Sure. That is not a problem.

Zadius Sky said:
Blacki said:
what you will do when they com for you? :)
Funny, when I read that, I hear a theme song from a COP show, lol. It's a good question.
This reminded me of a thread long forgotten ;)

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1077&p=1

Zadius Sky said:
I am applying Gurdjieff's "Friendly Advice" in his Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson where one would need to read a book three times (each time to be read differently).
That was actually advice meant for those reading Beezelbub specifically. It wasn't a suggestion by G to apply to other books, though I see nothing wrong with applying that formula to PP. It's just that G wrote that book intentionally difficult, and that's why he suggested it be read 3 times and in a separate manner each time. FWIW

beau said:
That was actually advice meant for those reading Beezelbub specifically. It wasn't a suggestion by G to apply to other books, though I see nothing wrong with applying that formula to PP. It's just that G wrote that book intentionally difficult, and that's why he suggested it be read 3 times and in a separate manner each time. FWIW
That is true. That advice is meant for those reading Beezelbub, but I felt it is a very useful advice when reading other works including Gurdjieff, Fulcanelli, Mouravieff's Gnosis, as well for Political Ponerology. That way, I would be able to grasp and absorb the concepts within these readings. fwiw.

I has addressed my warning dream and my issue with my 'friend' Rachel in this thread: A Warning Dream. I wish to say thanks to those who gave their supports and their thoughts. I really apprecated it.

I have written a new blog article regarding the experience that I had mentioned in "A Warning Dream" thread, and I wanted to give it a more depth and how it relates to the understanding of "The General Law."

It is entitled: "My Experience and 'The General Law'":

_http://zadiussky.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-experience-and-general-law.html

My Experience and 'The General Law'

On the night of July 23rd of 2007, I had a dream:

I am at my high school, and the day is mid-noon. I am hanging out with a few of my friends in a gymnasium where everyone is gathered and chatting among themselves. Everyone that I knew from the school is there, some who died are there, and some who moved are also there. After some time, I am talking with a first girl whom I fell in love with. We are walking outside. And, as we come up to the side of the gymnasium building, she stops me in my track and faces me.
"You need to stay away from Rachel." She said straightforwardly.
"Why? Is it because she's narcissist?" I asked.
She nodded.

Rachel was a friend that I have known for over 14 years, as she and I have been going to the same K-12 school. Since I have graduated from college in 2006, she and I have been hanging out a few times a week for a year until recently when we have been hanging out only once a week. We both were considered to be best of friends. We were friends who are exact opposite of each other.

On the night of July 25th, exactly two nights after the dream, Rachel sent me a text message which stated, "I need a break from you, sorry bye." I was then taken back, and she did not give me a reason.
I replied back, "I'll respect your wish, take the time you need."
I did not hear from her again until the evening of July 29th when she and I began to talk on the online instant messaging.
"We can't be friends anymore, I need this to work with Monica and I don't want you to contact me or any of my friends." Her typed words confused me.
"Why?" I asked.
She pointed out that I was making her depressed and I did not meet her 'needs.' She also stated that I cannot talk to her friends, whom are also my friends. It is quite unnerving that I am not 'allowed' to talk to them.

After our last talk online, there was nothing else for me to do except to respect her wish. It is because of my respecting her wish that I felt compelled to delete my account on the myspace website on the same night. When she broke off my friendship with her and I deleted my account on myspace, I felt free somehow.

I found it quite interesting that my dream has forewarned me to stay away from Rachel. During my time with her, I felt constantly drained and I have been trying to 'meet' her needs just to stay being her friend. I then realized my "being there for you" and "be bestest friend ever" programs in me were not 'happy,' which compelled my action to delete my account on myspace. This action made me to recognize that I hastily gave in to my fears, and I did not act in favor for my destiny.

It was highly startling to me about how could have this had happened. We have known each other since we were kids. And, all of the sudden, she no longer want any association with me for silly reasons. Then, I started to think more about it. I believe it was last April of this year that Rachel's attitude towards me started to change. She was very uncomfortable with my readings. I began to do a personal research during this month, and I discovered that she does not want me to seek the personal growth or the truth. She wanted to drink and smoke, and to talk about girls and parties. It was more about social gathering and 'ordinary' way of life that she wanted to pursue, nothing more. She wanted me to take her to places, to see friends, and other subjective 'adventures.' My own pursue of knowledge has greatly bothered her, and she wanted me to 'stop.'

In addition to my experience with Rachel, on evening of July 24th when I had to get a change of oil for my 2001 car, the mechanic discovered that there was a problem with the brake pads and told me that these pads needed to be replaced. I agreed. Then, on July 28th, while they replacing the brake pads, they also found a problem with a wheel barrier in my front end and needed to be repaired. It was then became somewhat an odd coincidence. They did not fix the wheel barrier at the time, and they wanted me to come back a week later. However, the mechanic soon realized how many miles that I have driven; they were urged to fix it on the 1st of August. I thought that was it. Then, on August 3rd, I had to buy a new computer when my aged laptop were about to be expired. Then, on the evening of August 7th, I went to the Discount Tires to get my tires rotated. As they discovered, they requested me to buy two new tires because my current tires were wearing out. During this time of 103 degree temperature, my air conditioning was not working properly. For all of these, I had to pay well over a thousand of dollars. It is interesting to note that right before my series of 'car trouble,' I was planning on buying couple of books from the Quantum Future bookstore.

With these chains of events, I thought at first to be a Domino effect. Or, perhaps, these experiences are just pain in the butt. However, in my stated experience with Rachel, it was an effect of the 'General Law.'

The term "General Law" is known to those who are involved in the esoteric work, and it is basically means to 'keep one in place.' Boris Mouravieff discussed the meaning of 'General Law' and its effect in a great length in his Gnosis:

What then is the meaning of human life in this Cosmos as we know it?

Man's existence has two main purposes:
— as an element of the universal organism, it serves the aims of the latter;
— as an isolated individual, he can pursue his own aims.

To better understand why and how these two objectives are bound together, let us take an example:

The position of man in the Universe is analogous to that of a cell in the human body. Each cell is a part of an organ which, in its turn, is an element of a group of organs that assures proper accomplishment of some definite function of the organism. From this point of view, let us examine the lot of a cell in our bodies. It is subject to two categories of laws. To simplify, let us say that it is placed under the rule of two laws.

The first keeps the cell in its place. In esoteric science we call it the General Law. The second leaves a certain liberty of action for the cell, and is called the Law of Exception.

The first law, which is conservative, ensures that the organ of which this cell is a part accomplishes its function with no impediment. To this end, the first condition is that during their lives the cells which compose the organ fulfil the role given them. This law obliges these cells to remain in their own places, to complete their work, and to dedicate their lives to it. It is evident that if this law did not keep the cells of the body within the limits of each organ, if it did not oblige them to fulfil their function, the latter would not be able to exist. Thus this law is beneficial; by ensuring the existence of the organs, it permits the whole body to endure.

We know, however, that the total removal of certain organs of the body is compatible with survival. In the current state of our knowledge it even seems that removal of some of them leads to no serious functional inconvenience.

Even more; the organism tolerates partial resection of some organs without compromising the roles played by the latter in the general economy. This shows that the disappearance of a few cells, an infinitesimal part of an organ, goes unnoticed: its functioning is not impaired.

As the essential role of the General Law is to watch over continuity of function, this disappearance passes unnoticed by it. Therefore it places no further obstacles. Symbolically, one can say that cells which escape from this law now enter the domain of the Law of Exception.

This escape of a few cells is a phenomenon which occurs constantly. All our cells from the epidermic to the nervous are constantly renewed according to different and variable rhythms. In addition to this renewal from within, there are also disappearances, compensated or not compensated for by new units.

Up to this point, the analogy with what happens to man because of the General Law and the Law of Exception could be taken as complete. But it stops here, at least as regards the present state of our knowledge. In this activity of life, of migrations and of cellular death, there is no justification for thinking that the passage from the General Law to the Law of Exception results from any conscious actions of the cells.

For man it happens differently. As a cell of humanity, man forms part of organic life on Earth. This life in its ensemble represents a very sensitive organ of our planet, playing an important role in the economy of the solar system. As a cell of this organ, man finds himself under the influence of the General Law, which keeps him in his place. In fact, this law leaves him a certain margin or tolerance. It allows him some free movement within the limits it sets. Within these boundaries, which are very limited objectively although subjectively they appear vast, man can give free rein to his fantasies and his ambitions. Without going too far into the definition of these limits and detailed description of the components of this General Law, we can say as an example that one of those factors is hunger: the servitude of working to assure our subsistence. The chain: sexual instinct; procreation; and the care of parents for their children, is another factor. The esoteric maxim that applies to this aspect of life is conceived thus: carnal love is necessary for the general good. Lastly, fear in its many forms constitutes the third group of factors in question. On the whole, the permitted margin for free movement tolerated by the General Law is limited by something best described in a term less scientific than colourful: bourgeois happiness. Careers in every branch of human activity; fortune; family; love; honours etc.; all are subject to the sine qua non condition of unconditional if only subconscious acceptance of the inevitability of Death.

As long as man accepts the principle of the final annihilation of his Personality without a fight, he can carry on in life without attracting the increasing pressure of the General Law upon himself. The case is totally different if he struggles to surpass the limits which it imposes. He then runs against the action upon him of this Law and its derivatives. It acts simultaneously on several planes: physical, mental and moral. Its action on the moral plane is conceived by man, since time immemorial, in the form of a personification: the Devil.

In the orthodox Tradition demonology occupies a considerable place. We find there practical constatations, fine and profound observations on the highly sophisticated and insidious forms that the Devil's action takes in very varied circumstances, in which it goes as far as using the good faith of humans for its own ends.

We will also find precious advice, based on accumulated experience over the ages, which is particularly helpful to students of esoteric science; because once the first positive results are obtained those students will unmistakably run up against the active opposition of the law and the game of the Crafty One.

It must be realized that in placing himself under the aegis of the Law of Exception, man goes against the General Law, which he is even called upon to overthrow, if only on the individual scale. He must not forget — under penalty of 'surprise attack' — that salvation depends on victory over the Devil, which as we have said, is the personalized moral aspect of the General Law. This is so even though this, being a cosmic law, is naturally a divine law. One must not be afraid, as the Law of Exception is also a divine law: in choosing it, man continues to serve the interest of the whole, but differently and in an incomparably more efficient manner. During his fight against the first law, he is subject to tests that often take the form of temptations. In orthodox Doctrine deep studies are devoted to this theme. As stated above, they contain precious advice of a practical nature, details of which we cannot cover in this present work. We are however permitted to draw attention to the indirect nature of diabolical action. If, aiming straight towards his goal, which is liberation and salvation, the seeker successfully overcomes the obstacles and by this shows proof of a strength that would permit him to defy the authority of the General Law, the latter will begin to act upon him indirectly, generally by the mediation of his near ones if they do not follow the same path: this action occurs on the moral plane, and often takes emotional forms appealing to his most noble, generous and disinterested sentiments: to his charity; his obligations; his pity. It impels him down blind alleys, insinuating that he will thus be returning to his duty, that by so doing he will go on walking in the right path, etc.
(...)
We are not aware of how much we are bound by the action of the General Law. Acting on us as it does on our cells, this law immobilizes us or constantly tends to bring us back to our place. Its strength leaves us little freedom of action outside the limits of its direction and scope. It acts in various ways. One can say that if man lives 'like everyone else', if he does not venture off the beaten track, he will never perceive the existence of this force, or rather this force will ignore him. But if his enterprises are out of the ordinary, no matter what field they are in, but especially in esotericism, this force begins to act, and stirs up all sorts of obstacles in order to bring him back to the point where — according to the General Law — he must reside. Even without knowing this force, we have an intuition of its existence and of the many forms which clothe it. The Holy Scriptures speak of it more than once, especially where esoteric work is concerned.

On this subject, Jesus says that: 'a man's enemies are those of his own house', and more directly, that: 'a prophet is without honour only in his own country, among his parents and in his awn home.' Thus, if this conservative force, which is the servant of the General Law, does not succeed in 'calming' man by acting directly upon him, it tries to reach him indirectly through the people of his household, either through the feelings they invoke or the coolness and contempt they openly show him.
(...)
In general, the reaction of those around towards someone who begins to search for the Way is negative. This negative attitude is the result of the action of the General Law, which, as we know, tends to keep man in his place. Not being able to do this directly by the action of Illusion, the General Law, when it loses its dominion over the man who 'moves', acts indirectly by the mediation of those around him. It is a classic situation. From his side, after having passed through moral bankruptcy, he who seeks the Way becomes different from men who continue to live within the limits permitted by the General Law, and thus take mirages for reality. Due to this, he will feel himself more and more isolated. The centre of gravity of his interest will progressively turn to esoteric work, which will end by absorbing him completely. But it is entirely in his interest not to show the new attitude which he has taken towards exterior life. The 'World' will be hostile to him, because its own purposes are different; it is not in his interest to provoke this tendency, and even less to keep it alive. The day will come — if he remains in the same milieu — where, apart from rare exceptions he will be openly or secretly hated.
(Gnosis, Book One, 67 – 70, 141 – 142, 152)
During my time with Rachel, it was the 'General Law' keeping me in place. When she discovered that I was focusing on working on myself or gaining self-knowledge, which is a part of an esoteric work, and that I was reading up on several literatures, including the works of G. I. Gurdjieff, the pressure of 'General Law' began to increase. This law began to recognize me as a 'threat' or a 'fugitive.' From one perspective, Rachel was an instrument of the General Law. When our association was terminated, I felt free. This experience was recognition of the fact that I was breaking away from the influences of the 'General Law,' or at least I was trying to. Breaking away from the 'General Law' is not easy. To escape from the 'General Law' and heading towards the 'Law of Exception' requires a great deal of conscious effort. And, I am struggling to become a conscious being and to be a subject to the influences of the 'Law of Exception'. The 'General Law' do not like that. If Mouravieff is correct, I might be facing more "tests that often take the form of temptations."

Mouravieff also mentioned that:

With regular introspection and inner constatation he will progressively gain knowledge of himself, that is, of the structure of his Personality and the way it functions. The opinion that 'Knowledge is Strength', expressed at the time of the first industrial revolution, is wholly applicable to the inner revolution which takes place in man after introspection. A slave of his passions, of his instincts, and so of his negative emotions, he had until yesterday always managed to justify himself by using commonly accepted slogans as well as by remarking that his behaviour was simply human and normal. Now the faithful begins to disapprove of these emotions; he begins to realize that he is a slave and to understand that the negative emotions, which are an effect of the General Law, seek to keep him in his primitive state and to hold him in his place, for the good of the whole, but to the detriment of his personal interests. This attitude becomes firmer in spite of all the seductive or frightening appearances that the mirage of life…faces him with.
(Gnosis, Book Two, 209)
It is no doubt that the 'General Law' will continue to increase the pressure on me as I gain self-knowledge and keep on searching for the truth in the days ahead. When I noticed that I was a slave to the 'General Law' and began to attempt to escape, this law started to work against me and to try to keep me from being free. That is what I first saw in Rachel. At first, I did not understand why or how this experience of mine could have happened. Then, after doing some thinking and engaging in a discussion with fellow truth seekers, I realized that I was being pressured by the 'General Law.' That was the moment that I was doing something right, and that I am on the right path to the truth.

I believe that I am barely touching the road to the truth, the road of objectivity. In my current state of mind, I can be easily influenced by the outside forces, including that of the 'General Law.' Since the 'General Law' is similar to the Matrix movie where one is living an illusion, I prefer to live the truth: the objective reality. It is my aim to leave the world of sleeping machines and to be as conscious as I can be. My path ahead will not be easy and there is no such thing as a safe road. Since my experience with Rachel and my thoughts of her disappeared into the past, I will face the new challenges and to discover the new lessons.

---

Reference:

Mouravieff, Boris. Gnosis: Book One: The Esoteric Cycle. Robertsbridge: Agora Books, 1989.

Mouravieff, Boris. Gnosis: Book Two: The Mesoteric Cycle. Newbury: Praxis Institute Press, 1992.
[UPDATE: This blog was deleted on my site on 20 Dec 07]

Hi ZadiusSky - I assume that Rachel will see this on your blog?

If so - just a note that publishing your understanding this way is rather like tilting at windmills.

Basically, your understanding of this is not for her to know - to publish it is to 'throw pearls before swine' - it is to invite attack as well, and ridicule, misunderstanding, and a draining of energy.

One of the first lessons we learn as we are working through this labyrinth of 'programs and predators' is that this understanding must be guarded - 'wise as serpents, gentle as doves'.

Even Fulcanelli ended his 'Mystery of the Cathedrals' with one word - - 'Silence'.

Sincerity with everyone is a weakness and it might be wise to look into your motivations for posting such a thing - what were you trying to gain? Was it feeding your self-importance? Did you need to 'strike back' because you were hurt? Were you so unsure of the application of what you learned that you needed to prove to others that there really is a reason for all this happening?

Just some questions.

When the General Law comes into play, it is a rather swift lesson to understand that reactively fighting back only brings 'defeat'. It might be something to think about. fwiw.

anart said:
Even Fulcanelli ended his 'Mystery of the Cathedrals' with one word - - 'Silence'.
Not to nitpick :) but actually I think it was two words: 'Keep silent'

mark said:
Not to nitpick :) but actually I think it was two words: 'Keep silent'
I just looked and you're absolutely right - thanks for the nitpick. =)

anart said:
I assume that Rachel will see this on your blog?
I am not sure. I do not know if she would see it or not since she doesn't know that I have a blog site. It was not my expectation for her to see it. However, if she does see it and might know it would be applied to her, I would expect more attacks. That is very possible. I have not received any text messages from her or heard from her since August 2nd, but I still have to keep my eyes out for her, though.

anart said:
Sincerity with everyone is a weakness and it might be wise to look into your motivations for posting such a thing - what were you trying to gain? Was it feeding your self-importance? Did you need to 'strike back' because you were hurt? Were you so unsure of the application of what you learned that you needed to prove to others that there really is a reason for all this happening?
You have raise very good questions. You know, when I read that, I felt a fear to get away but I had to fight it to address my answer to you as best of my abilities. I believe that I am a beginner or notive seeker, no doubt that I am not strong, and I still trying to understand my 'programs.' For most of my life, I do have a habit of being 'nice' with everyone. This habit do lead me astray in some situation. As my initial motivation for posting this blog article, it was to understand my experience in more depth and how the concept of the 'General Law' applies. However, as I was reading your post, I have seem to have failed to look into all of my motivations, both consciously and subconsciously. Writing this blog had been on my mind for this past week, and I just had to write it. Almost like a strong need to express my thoughts on the blank pages of a journal.

I do not know what I was trying to gain from posting it. It was through writing it that I gained a bit of understanding, but after writing it, I did not know for sure except to share my experience as it would seems to be related to the nature of the 'General Law.' I am not entirely sure if it was feeding my self-importance, but I would be lying if I say that it does not.

Rachel has a BPD, and during the time that I was hanging out with her, I was hurt every second. I was walking on eggshells around her. Not knowing when she'll lash at me, when her moods would change from happy to anger in half a second, when she'll twist my words for her adventage, and when I would be considered her friend one minute and an enemy the next. During the time I was with her, I never knew why I stayed in this friendship. I felt somehow, in some way, that my being away from her would hurt her (a thought of abandoning terrified her). I felt deeply sorry for her and was greatly hurt if I did not meet her 'needs.' I did not know how her 'needs' would constantly be draining me, and directed my attention away from my goals. It was some time ago that I had to think real hard about what I was doing. I know I have to be there for her at the moment's notice, but what about me? Would I survive? I experienced a great deal of hurt, so much that I had to learn to keep my sensitivity and emotions in check whenever I face a hostile confrontation. It's a grave learning of "not taking it personally." So, I did not see any reason to 'strike back,' as I really dislike the idea of 'eye for an eye.' If she attempt to kill me, I would not come after her because I would not see any point of 'getting back' at her. She'd have her reason to do so, but I never developed a hatred for her. Currently, I am staying away.

I felt this blog article would be a final say on the 'General Law' through Rachel. It was sort of tying it together of my experience. I am sure that there are more to it than what I have written. It is a personal experience, which I thought to be of importance not to be set a side. But, I am slightly understanding what you are addressing the need for 'silence.' I have failed to take that into account.

anart said:
When the General Law comes into play, it is a rather swift lesson to understand that reactively fighting back only brings 'defeat'.
I knew that fighting back will make things worse, but I did not realized that this blog would also be considered as 'fighting back' as in an indirect way. That is also a tricky lesson.

Thank you, anart. I will attempt to watch my motiviations before I post anything. It won't be easy, but it is necessary.

zs said:
I knew that fighting back will make things worse, but I did not realized that this blog would also be considered as 'fighting back' as in an indirect way. That is also a tricky lesson.
Well, for what it's worth, it really depends on your motivation for doing such a thing - whether on some level, to you, it was a justification, explanation, or 'dig' at Rachel - but I think you may now understand that part, and it's up to you to figure out exactly what was going on there.

Ultimately, these realizations you are coming to and this learning you are doing is best kept under your vest, else you'll find endless resistance to all you are trying to do. This Work is incredibly difficult without activating the General Law to make it impossible - so just a note of caution.

=)

Back
Top Bottom