"YouTube post: "Robert Conner - Jesus the Sorcerer. Magic in Early Christianity"

Nelsie

A Disturbance in the Force
Greetings to the Curious:

Scintilla Spinther posted the above at YouTube in a discussion about 1st Century religion, magic, Jesus, etc.

At the 23:48 mark the speaker mentions a scholar -- "Sansom Atrum"? -- who I can't seem to find online or in the Comments section.

Granted, I probably misspelled it, but does anyone to whom the speaker refers? I've tried other spellings, too, but I come up empty every time.

Thanks to all who can help.

Actually, seeing as this is your first post on the forum, we would appreciate it if you would post a brief intro about yourself in the Newbies section, telling us how you found this forum, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, whether or not you've read any of Laura's books yet, etc.

To your question: Could you post the video in question again, with that someone could have a look and maybe of help.

[...]
At the 23:48 mark the speaker mentions a scholar -- "Sansom Atrum"? -- who I can't seem to find online or in the Comments section.
[...]

I changed the first name to Samson (which is a boys name) and searched for Samson Atrum, and Yandex gives us the wikipedia entry for Samson Eitrem 'a Norwegian philologist, an expert in ancient literature, religion and magic.' Which sounds like the person you're looking for?

I can't comment on him or his work because i've never heard of him. But if you're interested in early Christianity, to start with, you may want to check this thread: Paul's Necessary Sin: The Experience of Liberation - Pauline Christianity = PaleoChristianity

Actually, seeing as this is your first post on the forum, we would appreciate it if you would post a brief intro about yourself in the Newbies section [...]

I second that, and we look forward to your introduction :-)

Back
Top Bottom