Your phone can track you even when it's turned off

BlueKiwi

Jedi Master
Here's a summary:

Yes your phone can track you even when it's turned off.

Blue Tooth Low Energy (BLE) was integrated into the Bluetooth 4.0 specification in December 2009. When you turn off your phone, this chip stays powered on so you can still find your phone.

Apple and Amazon are the primary utilizers of this technology (not sure about Google, but probably them too)

The "Find my phone" feature and Apple Air tags use BLE to accompish this. But it can be used for much much more.

BLE can be used to form a mesh network, communicating with other BLE enabled devices from TV's IoT devices, the list goes on.

The idea is that over a mesh network, a device can send location and other tracking data until a participating device that is connected to the internet is found, where the data can then be forwarded to Apple HQ

So yeah your phone or Alexa could be reporting you neighbors location, who they're with and thier conversations to Apple or Amazon

If they were to employ triangulation using other BLE devices, they can get your location more accurately to within centimetres.

Devices can be turned into slaves, observers or peripherals to carry out or pass on instructions to the target device which could then turn the device on / off, then turn the camera on or off, record stuff, you name it.

Rob Braxman describes it all here

Just something to add - It seems Android phones don't escape either. I have an old GT-I9505 running LineageOS (de-googled android) and it seems that is not enough to escape.

From source.android.com :

Users can disable system-level Bluetooth background scanning by going to Settings > Security & Location > Location > Scanning and disabling the toggle for Bluetooth scanning. This does not affect BLE scanning for location or local devices.

Devices can be turned into slaves, observers or peripherals to carry out or pass on instructions to the target device which could then turn the device on / off, then turn the camera on or off, record stuff, you name it.
When your neighbor's fridge can detect your keystrokes based on the sound they produce, you begin to wonder whether that fridge can also retrieve your password when you sneeze. 🤣

One can lose his mind when trying to get rid of the Big Techs. Lineage OS (a better alternative will be GrapheneOS) is a very good option to cut off most of the tracking, but there are many possible vectors that can be utilized. Even with LineageOS installed as an alternative to vendor Android, the following things happen on a system level (not mentioning DNS, because it's pretty obvious):

Big Techs:
- IMEI & IP address - A-GPS SUPL connections (sometimes done by radio processor firmware)
- IP address - captive portal pings to the Google infrastructure (to determine internet connection)
- Location & IP address - WiFi location query service provided by Apple (when using MicroG)
- Location & IP address - cell location query service provided by Mozilla (when using MicroG)
- IP address & unique tracking ID - Google Cloud Messages (often needed by bank apps for TFA, provided by MicroG)

Telecom & law enforcement:
- Lawful interception implemented by all operators, gives the ability to redirect all the traffic to some arbitrary network location
- Possible communication between modem and GPS module (some of the phones): the operator can issue a custom modem command that will return known GPS coordinates by the phone
- Position triangulation based on cell tower logs (with a location history)
- Access to the raw SMS messages

If you have an Android phone linked to the Google Account and want to get a grasp of what Big Techs are collecting, try to download the data that is available under GDPR. There is something like a transcript of "trigger words" for Google Assistant, and what was enough for me to replace vendor-provided Android: large parts of the conversation that was stored in my personal transcript were a company's trade secret... IMO it should be prohibited to take smartphones to meetings.

For the people here who did ask why nano-tech (coming with the vaxx) should use Bluetooth, now you know it. One million produced BT devices per year. Best platform until 5G/6G is suffuciently deployed.

Time to keep them in a Faraday box? I was considering making one, but just to reduce EMF.

From IKEA last year, I had ordered two jars made of thin metal (not really so useful for practical use), so instead I keep my exposed (analogue) film rolls in there in order protect them from ozone (since we have a ozone generator which we use from time to time. But Ozone is detrimental for any photographical material)

I noticed that - since both of those jars can be placed into each other, it created an effective shield around the iPhone, separating it from it's surrounding (but one jar was not enough). I am sure similar jars would work. Ikea has these coffee jars in three sizes for example.

Ikea.jpg varfest-burk-med-lock-set-om-3-moenstrad__1045010_pe842379_s5.jpg

Speaking of Nanotechnology
MedCave - International Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Journal

The nanomafia: nanotechnology’s global network of organized crime

"The nanomafia: nanotechnology’s global network of organized crime"

Abstract

The nanotechnology has become a billionaire industry with multiple potential applications on human beings; however, experimentation in humans is high risk, for that reason, the transnational nanotechnology companies would be resorting to criminal methods like the organized crime to achieve that purpose.
Thus, mafias of nanotechnology, “nanomafias”, would being created, mainly in Latin America, which would be multiplying vertiginously due to several factors like the ignorance in society regarding the use of nanotechnology as criminal weapon, the “invisibility” of this mafia for being used as its tool, the wifi, its economic power, the extortion with the Brain net, the silence and participation of the press and the health unions, the media disinformation campaign, its world interconnection, being an organized crime and the possible participation of authorities of the national police, the prosecutor’s office and the judiciary, and the intelligence services. Nanomafia aims to become the greatest organized crime network in the world, therefore, the world society shall know, be alert and report the crimes committed by this nanomafia.

Attachments

• IPMRJ-03-00115.pdf
    917 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom