Your last choice track before the meteors hit?

Don't turn around honey,
go,
the death of the body is only a transition,
don't turn around honey
life and death are one ....

The valley of tears is collapsing,
body and time ...
Have a good trip baby
and return to Myself ...

Srbski...

Ne okreći se Dušo,
idi,
smrt tela je samo prelaz,
ne okreći se Dušo,
život i smrt su jedno....

Urušava se dolina suza,
telo i vreme...
Srećan ti put dušo
i povratak u Sebe...

I'm unearthing this thread after 7 ans of inactivity. I'm wondering if the Requiem by Gabriel Fauré (1803) refers to a similar event as the Carmina Buruna. Anyway the lyrics and the melody are beautiful:

Libera me, Domine, de morte aeterna
in die illa tremenda
Quando coeli movendi sunt et terra
Dum veneris judicare saeculum per ignem

Deliver me, o Lord, from everlasting death
on that dreadful day
when the heavens and the earth shall be moved
when thou shalt come to judge the world by fire
Choir
Tremens factus sum ego et timeo
dum discussio venerit atque ventura ira

I quake with fear and I tremble
awaiting the day of account and the wrath to come.
Dies illa dies irae
calamitatis et miseriae
dies illa, dies magna
et amara valde
That day, the day of anger,
of calamity, of misery,
that day, the great day,

and most bitter.
Requiem aeternam dona eis Domine
et lux perpetua luceat eis
Grant them eternal rest, o Lord,
and may perpertual light shine upon them.
Libera me, Domine, de morte aeterna
in die illa tremenda
Quando coeli movendi sunt et terra
Dum veneris judicare saeculum per ignem
Deliver me, o Lord, from everlasting death
on that dreadful day
when the heavens and the earth shall be moved
when thou shalt come to judge the world by fire

Here it the song interpreted by the Academy Of St. Martin In The Fields conducted by Sir Neville Marriner with Baritone Thomas Allen:

So ,I didnt know it was a fact , that a meteorite is going to hit Gaia. Just like the movie "Don't look up?😐🤔

If you want to be that specific about it, chances are by the time the final wave comes, whatever its form, electronics will have been fried already anyways. I wouldn't see myself running to listen to a song on tiny phone speakers anyways.

A line from the Satipatthana Sutta comes to mind (because I generally avoid mantras, but allow this one) which goes like this,
"Atapi, sampajano satima
Sampajaññam na rincati"
(Ardently aware of the proper understanding of reality,
Never forsake that proper perspective)

Of course, the question is more of an interesting hypothetical. I've trained myself to flip back to full presence as soon as I get the slightest wound, as well as to maintain it through the sensation of fresh broken bones. I'm sure musical considerations would drop out the window in such a critical situation, as so much intellectual dead weight. But if the opportunity came up to share a last song with friends, what would you pick? That's an interesting question to answer now.

Because there won't be time when that time comes.

Edit: I was typing this while you posted yours, thanks :)
Yeah. All good. Maybe I should accept the challenge try to create a track with these idea in mind.

Didn’t you say you were a keyboard player at some point?

If you want to be that specific about it, chances are by the time the final wave comes, whatever its form, electronics will have been fried already anyways. I wouldn't see myself running to listen to a song on tiny phone speakers anyways.
I often have a song playing in my head, sometimes reinforcing a giving up of sorts so it's not always a great thing. Something not too down but not too reality avoiding is probably good for me.

If would depend on the mood and feeling at the time. I love to dance (to anything), I feel like there’s a language that my logical mind cannot understand that I communicate with in the movement of the body. Whatever it is that flows in flows right back out when I’m dancing and I feel hyper connected to everything.
Right now I’m visualising an extremely nervous excitement and with that my body will want to move a lot, so Queen- Don’t Stop Me Now, which really revs the engine- I’d probably stop to dance to that no matter what was going on.
Hallelujah is the other choice, I’ve considered the lyrics to that song many many times and to me is has a deep profound meaning. The last verse has so much power in feeling that I could barely sing it without breaking down into tears of surrender.

‘I tried my best but it wasn’t much,
I couldn’t feel so I tried to touch,
I tell the truth,
I didn’t come to fool ya.
And even if it all goes wrong,
I’ll stand before the Lord in Song,
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah’

I'd listen to my personal choice for most impressive song of the past fifty years. It is coincidental that its subject is apocalypse, so, perhaps fitting for the occasion.

I don't really know if I could think in a song in that cataclysmic moment 🤣, rather to be very close to the people I love, just a few days ago I remembered this soundtrack, because I found the movie very funny and emotional.

That's a great song though ;)

But It strikes me anything I would choose, would be something I have already heard. So it would be a kind of self indulgence. One last song; one last glass of wine; one last romp in bed with my wife. STS, if you will. Like Sodom and Gamorrah - don’t look back. I would rather move on than be turned into a pillar of salt. Or find myself back in 3D STS because I failed that lesson. “What?! THAT was the final exam?!?!?”
Oh yes and I think if one approaches it from that mindset, then it would surely be one last dip in the pool of self indulgence, for good measure. So, yes I understand what you're describing. But at the same time, we're still here in 3D and no one knows whether they're going to make it to 4D or 5D or anywhere really, well, maybe surely to 5D, but I digress, and perhaps that bit of self indulgence could take place from a different mindset.

Maybe it's like a hug when saying goodbye, it is very physical and it is intended to get that one bit of affection, as a show of appreciation and acceptance, as a way to say "I admit I wish you would stay, but I know you're going nonetheless". Does that make sense? I would not withhold a hug from a loved one who's going because it's too physical or it might be the "wrong answer on the final exam of graduating to 4D".

But I think it depends, like I said above, on the mindset. If one does it as a desperate attempt to cling to what's known, then one wouldn't even be thinking about graduation, one would be too preoccupied with survival to consider anything beyond. And chances are whatever indulgence wouldn't be enough anyway. But if it's approached from a humble place of saying goodbye, with acceptance at the core and curiosity for whatever is next, then a song, or a cigarette or a kiss take on an entirely, deeper and higher meaning. IMHO.

Ah, cometh that final day. It'll probably be chaos, so I chose this jazzy jam by The Comet is Coming. With a name like that, I was bound to want to check them out. This music is haphazard and crazy, so it just seems to fit the concept of the final day. I can hear Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, and early DnB in this music.

Yeah. All good. Maybe I should accept the challenge try to create a track with these idea in mind.

Didn’t you say you were a keyboard player at some point?
Is the mere discussion of ideas enough to inspire a track in you? Great for you, that's way ahead of where I am :)

If you remember it, then clearly I must've mentioned it, because you are right :) but please do not get the wrong impression, as much as I love playing, I'm still at a quite basic level and suspect I'll have a low ceiling as well. That's absolutely OK for me - I knew getting in.

See, I'm dealing with a shattered hand from my wild days abroad and I refractured it twice since I bought my first keyboard 3 years ago. That means starting from scratch - both times I couldn't even turn a doorknob, it took 2 months before being able to practice mildly for a few minutes, etc. That last fracture is now a year old, I started handling my 35lbs kettlebells again about 6 months ago, but the best I can do is about 20 minutes before a mix of pain and weakness hinders practice, so I barely got back to where I was a year ago - I learned a few more basic melodies on the way, but as a benchmark I'm still working back up the song I was already practicing a year ago. Please do not expect much from me :)

For the record I could play the first minute of this song (and I mean it, not a second longer) at 75% speed. Right now I'm simply working on hitting chords cleanly at 50% and it's still a challenge:

Edit: it might be a beautiful song, but remember I can only approximate the first minute and there's a huge skill gap for the rest of the song

One night in Bangkok
or
RockDJ
or
The Question is What is The Question
or
Infinity Song

yep,
1-2-3-Infinity.

Yoko Kanno - Blue

Everything is clearer now
Life is just a dream, you know
that's never ending
I'm ascending

Reason

I'm here, next to you
For now, that's all I need
Someday, tell me more
About your dreams you mentioned the other day

Our long journey has made us stronger
We know the wind is blowing against us
But we have a reason to go on

So, my friend, it's still too early for us to just live to grow old

Covered in sweat, covered in mud
We win things the hard way, so what does it matter if they think we're weak?

We're not trying to win medals from anyone
Listen to the beat

Hearts of Iron IV - Katyusha

Back
Top Bottom