'Year Zero': WikiLeaks publishes 'Vault7', CIA cyberwarfare exposed

Re: "Year Zero"- the title of WikiLeak's latest data dump

Laura said:
JEEP said:
Dr. Pieczenik's Kissinger & Bush remarks certainly raised red flags for me - and apparently others as well. This video option appeared at the end of Seek 10's video post:

https://youtu.be/CwY-uV9l-cA

Martin Brodel - whoever he is.

This was very helpful and sorta goes along with my feeling about it.

Me as well Laura. Thanks for posting JEEP, I saw this video awhile back when I was looking for more information on Pieczenik and it also made me suspicious of his claims. I placed him on the back burner at that time. At one point in the last few months, I noticed how all this political drama has a substantial capacity to distract me from what I need to be "doing" in a personal, productive sense. So, I'd say this is also a part of whats happening right now in the capacity to distract. Suck people right in with all the drama. Its important to remain balanced and follow what is of true value in a personal sense.

edit: clarify thought.

Re: "Year Zero"- the title of WikiLeak's latest data dump

JGeropoulas said:
WikiLeaks Twitter account on Wednesday stated, “WikiLeaks has released less than 1% of its series in its part one publication yesterday ‘Year Zero’.” Given the information found in just this 1%, many are speculating on what other revelations might come, especially in light of Wikileaks' series of cryptic, teaser tweets about “Vault 7” which began February 4, 2017.

What follows is the Wikileaks tweets with accompanying photos, and some intriguing theories posted at _https://www.reddit.com/r/WikiLeaks/comments/5t1y3l/complete_vault_7_summary_and_theory/#bottom-comments

Today is part one of Vault 7. I believe today we are being shown the CIAs capabilities as a way to validate forth coming documents. Showing how they were obtained.

I believe that wikileaks has the 650,000 emails that the FBI has from Anthony Weiner's laptop. These emails will contain info on where Gaddafi's gold and silver went, that F119 planes were sold to the Chinese for the J-20, and many more things that I'm sure many of you have speculated about yourselves. I believe they received them from an agent within the NSA. I believe that they have timed the release of their Vault 7 tweets with the House Oversight committees deadline for the FBI to turn over all evidence i the Clinton investigation. These are the tweets:

1 _https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/827828627488268290

:scared: Oooh! A subliminal reference to the Nordic Covenant perhaps?

People need to bear in mind that the Nordic Covenant is a DUALITY. And just because somebody says something about somebody that you disagree with, it does not follow that everything about them, or everything they have to say is immediately "sus". It's probably a good place to employ good old Mathew 7:15-20... by their fruits you shall know them....

Since the STO of this contingent will ALWAYS be more difficult to spot.

Interesting, but dissapointing. In typical wikileaks fashion, we are told what we already know and what can't change much.

It would be nice to see something useful, like an exposure of the corruption around 9-11. But in sott radio chat, I was told this would send wikileaks to the background. So, umm, hello? Is that why there is such a focus on this, because it's really not a threat to the system in the first place?

Limited hangout, methinks:
_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout

Just like Snowden, another drop in the bucket.

People feel they are safe because they have nothing to hide. When they do have something to hide (or whistleblow on) they might not do it. It's a subconscious inception to keep people slaves. It sounds exactly like what the SS and big brother from 1984 did to the population: keep them going on with mundane business and don't shake the trees.

Totally agree with DIVIDE BY ZERO, this is all more bread and circus, like Cassiopaea Forum in Diet format!

Interesting, but dissapointing. In typical wikileaks fashion, we are told what we already know and what can't change much.

And the more it all spins out, it seems as though as much Snowden as Wikileaks are a SnowJob: an intensive effort at persuasion or deception. Yet again, the wheels are spinning, the websites are howling, the news is more of nothing new under the sun, and those who see a little further are being called conspiracy theorists, while it is clearer by the day where this is going. NOWHERE!!!

We need to connect the dots ourselves and it will be more and more difficult as time spins forward, since the real deal is nearly impossible to swallow! At least that's what it seems like when sharing with supposedly 'concious' observers. There are so many variants to factor, that it will only be at the last possible moment that we will see the wave take us beyond this... IMHO

Divide By Zero said:
It would be nice to see something useful, like an exposure of the corruption around 9-11.

That would be very satisfying, but I think I'm leaning toward the idea that Assange is keeping that info as his "insurance policy". That said, my "too good to be true" red flag goes up about Assange, and I find it hard to believe the CIA can't arrange for "terrorists" to bomb his Ecuadorian embassy refuge.

People feel they are safe because they have nothing to hide. When they do have something to hide (or whistleblow on) they might not do it.

I understand the idea that leaks of "the government knows everything you're doing" could intimidate people into silence. But, on the other hand, here we are talking about it on a public forum, as are many others--maybe even more passionately than before the recent leaks. As for whistleblowers, they might be MORE willing to leak information as they see how ferociously Wikileaks protects their sources.

Most likely, like most things, the truth is probably more complicated and somewhere between the extreme possibilities.

Two MSM articles that caught my eye today.

The first, damage control (ignore the fact that the CIA can fake Russian hacks):
_http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39248879
GCHQ warns politicians about Russian hacking threat

12 March 2017

Attacks by Russian hackers could threaten British democracy, GCHQ has warned politicians.

The spy agency's computer security chief has written to political parties offering advice on preventing hacks, according to The Sunday Times.

US intelligence officials have accused the Kremlin of using cyber-attacks to influence the November election.

But Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said there was so far no evidence of successful attacks in the UK.
National security threats

In a letter to politicians, Ciaran Martin, chief executive of GCHQ's National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), said: "You will be aware of the coverage of events in the United States, Germany and elsewhere reminding us of the potential for hostile action against the UK political system.

"This is not just about the network security of political parties' own systems. Attacks against our democratic processes go beyond this and can include attacks on parliament, constituency offices, think tanks and pressure groups and individuals' email accounts."

He said GCHQ would offer tailored seminars to help political parties understand the threats and reduce the risk of information being stolen.

In February, Mr Martin warned that Britain had been targeted with 188 attempted high-level hacks in the previous three months, "many of which threatened national security".

Chancellor Phillip Hammond, a former defence and foreign secretary, added that the NCSC had been blocking more than 200 attacks a day on government departments and the public over the last six months.
'Dirty tricks'

A report by US intelligence officials concluded that Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the hacking of the Democratic National Committee to influence the November election in favour of Donald Trump.

Meanwhile Germany's domestic intelligence chief warned in December of "increasingly aggressive cyber-espionage" by a hacking group believed to be controlled by the Russian state.

Mr Johnson told ITV's Peston On Sunday: "We have no evidence that the Russians are actually involved in trying to undermine our democratic processes at the moment. We don't actually have that evidence.

"But what we do have is plenty of evidence that the Russians are capable of doing that. And there is no doubt that they have been up to all sorts of dirty tricks."

The foreign secretary said there was "very little doubt" that the Kremlin was behind the hacking in the US, cyber-attacks on French TV stations and an attempted coup in Montenegro.

Russia has rejected these allegations.

The second peaked my interest, considering the context of the CIA's access to everything:
_http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39260174
Cyber security: Experts warn on rise of hacker ransoms

Smartphones, watches, televisions and fitness trackers could be used to hold people to ransom over personal data, cyber security experts have warned.

Ransomware, which makes devices unusable until their owners pay to unlock them, has become increasingly prevalent in the past year, they say.

Devices holding photos, emails and fitness information could be targeted.

The risk to business is "significant and growing", the National Crime Agency and National Cyber Security Centre say.

The joint report from the NCA and the NCSC says cyber crime is becoming more aggressive.

More devices connecting to the internet meant opportunities for criminals, the report said.

Any devices containing personal data such as photos, that people consider sufficiently valuable to pay for, are likely to be targeted by criminals.

Such devices often have limited security built in.

In their report, aimed at businesses, the agencies say: "This data may not be inherently valuable, and might not be sold on criminal forums but the device and data will be sufficiently valuable to the victim that they will be willing to pay for it.

"Ransomware on connected watches, fitness trackers and TVs will present a challenge to manufacturers, and it is not yet known whether customer support will extend to assisting with unlocking devices and providing advice on whether to pay a ransom."

The report also raises concerns about the ability of the most sophisticated criminal gangs to use the same high-tech tools as states to target financial institutions.

Others, it adds, can download more basic software to carry out attacks on smaller businesses and the general public which require very little technical ability.
What is the scale of the problem?

As many as 21 billion devices used by businesses and consumers around the world are forecast to be connected to the internet by 2020.

Ciaran Martin, chief executive of the NCSC, said cyber attacks would continue to evolve and the public and private sectors must continue to work at pace to reduce the threat to critical services and deter would-be attackers.

The report also says there is no clear understanding of the true scale and cost of current cyber attacks to the UK, as they believe they are under-reported.

In three months after the NCSC was created, there were 188 "high-level" attacks as well as "countless" lower-level incidents, it says.

Donald Toon, director for economic and cyber crime at the NCA, told the BBC devices that helped businesses control operations remotely had an online capability built into them.

"They're mass-produced and the security may not be particularly good," he said. "Businesses often don't change the basic security software that's in there, or change the passwords."

The report will be published on Tuesday as the NCSC hosts a major conference, CyberUK, in Liverpool.

Why say this now? Are they going to tie up Trumps IT systems? False flag mass IT attack?

What You Do On Your Cell Phone Could Come Back To Haunt You
By Michael Snyder, on March 14th, 2017
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/what-you-do-on-your-cell-phone-could-end-up-costing-you-everything
Snippet:
And we haven’t even gotten to the worst part of the story yet. Just a few days later Akram Shibly and Kelly McCormick took another trip to Canada, and this time border agents physically assaulted Akram when he did not immediately turn over his phone. The following comes from NBC News… (link)

Three days later, they returned from another trip to Canada and were stopped again by CBP.

“One of the officers calls out to me and says, ‘Hey, give me your phone,'” recalled Shibly. “And I said, ‘No, because I already went through this.'”

The officer asked a second time.

Within seconds, he was surrounded: one man held his legs, another squeezed his throat from behind. A third reached into his pocket, pulling out his phone. McCormick watched her boyfriend’s face turn red as the officer’s chokehold tightened.

January 25, 2017

https://youtu.be/mahpLdV6vZQ

Not too long ago, it was being reported that the CIA has helped the Justice Department with technology that allows law enforcement officials to scan “data from thousands of U.S. cellphones at a time” from the safety of a plane…

The Central Intelligence Agency played a crucial role in helping the Justice Department develop technology that scans data from thousands of U.S. cellphones at a time, part of a secret high-tech alliance between the spy agency and domestic law enforcement, according to people familiar with the work.

The CIA and the U.S. Marshals Service, an agency of the Justice Department, developed technology to locate specific cellphones in the U.S. through an airborne device that mimics a cellphone tower, these people said.

So the next time a strange plane flies over your house, this may be what is happening.

Divide By Zero said:
It would be nice to see something useful, like an exposure of the corruption around 9-11. But in sott radio chat, I was told this would send wikileaks to the background. So, umm, hello? Is that why there is such a focus on this, because it's really not a threat to the system in the first place?

I think they are hoping for a "Pizzagate", but they need tech types to 'investigate' it.

Back
Top Bottom