World on Fire? Protests everywhere... Celestial Intentions?

Will others countries take the lead from China, as they did with Covid? Or is that being too pessimistic?

Screenshot 2022-07-15 223639.jpg
Henan province:
1657918886407.png
And the weather? See the following, though it seems Southern China has been hit harder:
And:
(CNN) A heat wave is sweeping through China, with residents resorting to air raid shelters and public fountains to stay cool, as 84 cities across the country on Wednesday issued their highest-level red alert warnings.
A red alert means temperatures are expected to reach over 40 degrees Celsius (104 Fahrenheit) in the coming 24 hours, according to the national Meteorological Administration.
China's summer of contrasts this year has brought havoc from both heat waves and heavy rainfall. Authorities citing climate change have warned against disasters from mid-July, usually the hottest and wettest time of year.

Last month, parts of southern China were hit by the heaviest downpours in 60 years, with almost half a million people affected by floods and landslides in the southern province of Guangdong. More than 177,000 people were forced to relocate, with many households seeing their homes and crops destroyed.

And the weather? See the following, though it seems Southern China has been hit harder:
Small opinion on the weather in China; I saw this „road melting“ and „people in bunkers“ news all around.

Then I‘ve read an article on a Croatian main stream meteo portal (so they post full blown global warming articles and stuff) where they put an analysis of normal temperature range in thise parts of China and this temperatures are pretty much common for this time of the year. And we didn’t hear about any „melting roads“ news from China before. So in my opinion - this weather situation in China that is reported is scare mongering…

Machine translation of the article:

What meteorological data say about the heat wave in China

In the past 24 hours, the media space has been flooded with news from China about how people are hiding in bunkers and how roads and roofs are melting due to the heat wave. Let's see what the meteorological data says, and draw your own conclusions.

One of the news is that the roof of the museum in the city of Chongqing has melted and that the roads are melting. According to official meteorological measurements, air temperatures in that city reached 40.4 °C. However, the city is known for temperature extremes, and this value is far from the absolute maximum of 43.0 °C.

Also, in that city, the maximum recorded temperature values in July, August and September exceed 40 °C. The average maximum daily air temperature is also a high 30 °C. So, we are talking about a city that should be used to quite hot summers.

The other news is that people in Nanjing are fleeing to shelters and bunkers to escape the heat. Let's see what the data says about that city and what air temperatures were measured in the previous days according to official measurements. Temperatures reached 39.2 °C, while looking at historical data, the absolute maximum is 40.7 °C, which is considerably above that value.

In Shanghai, which is also mentioned in the matter of heat wave, air temperatures in the past few days range between 37 and 39 °C with a daily maximum of 39.3 °C. The absolute maximum for that city is 39.9 °C, and extremes have been recorded since 1951.

How justified is the intimidation with "melting roads and roofs", "escape to bunkers" and the like, decide for yourself!

Small opinion on the weather in China; I saw this „road melting“ and „people in bunkers“ news all around.

Then I‘ve read an article on a Croatian main stream meteo portal (so they post full blown global warming articles and stuff) where they put an analysis of normal temperature range in thise parts of China and this temperatures are pretty much common for this time of the year. And we didn’t hear about any „melting roads“ news from China before. So in my opinion - this weather situation in China that is reported is scare mongering…

Machine translation of the article:
Personally, I have witnessed road melting in my childhood and heard thatched houses occasionally get caught fire in south Indian summers. Particularly summer season that tend to be in April and May there. some times it can go to 45 C. If some body has bunkers, I don't see any surprise in using.

Other factors to be considered are other cosmic rays hitting due to thinning of earth's protective layer, the materials used for roads and roofing. Now a days, quite a large number of new materials are produced at a very rapid pace for specific purposes. So, the surprises like melting can be expected.

Celestial Intentions?

Cliff High posted on his Telecom channel a tweet claiming that the FAA has turned off the cameras facing the eastern U.S.

I did some research and found a video that shows that the camera shutdown was recorded as of July 13.

I went to the GLP forum and here is also a thread reporting the shutdown of the cameras and several reports from people who have seen some sort of strange military activity at their location.

FAA cams down, DDos attacks going apeshit, reports of military aircraft all over the country

Strange, a few days ago the NYC Emergency Management issued a nuclear preparedness announcement.

Are they preparing for a celestial event?

Personally, I have witnessed road melting in my childhood
Now that you mention this, seek10, I remember as a child when I lived in southern California, the asphalt in the street becoming soft during the summer, which I assume these people would call melting. So this is nothing new, as you have said. Just more scaremongering to get people on board with the anthropogenic global warming scam.

Now that you mention this, seek10, I remember as a child when I lived in southern California, the asphalt in the street becoming soft during the summer, which I assume these people would call melting. So this is nothing new, as you have said. Just more scaremongering to get people on board with the anthropogenic global warming scam.
Yes, also here in Croatia.

It’s a common sight, for years and years back, on the highways on the right track to see 2 lines made by trucks because the asphalt becomes softer in the summer because of its poor quality.

Now they put some plastic in it because it is a general knowledge that in the summer it becomes softer and that the trucks will deform it.

So yeah, until I see a video of a road turning to puddle - no fears here 😅😉

Argentine farm groups strike to protest government policies​

95d25ca7ec8fbcd20163ec923ec76224b1112cc1w-780x470.jpg

Buenos Aires, Jul 13 (EFE).- Argentina’s four main farm associations halted their activities on Wednesday in protest over the policies of President Alberto Fernandez’s administration.

The strike comes amid a challenging economic climate marked by fuel shortages in some regions and difficulties in importing fertilizer.

As part of their job action, the farm groups that make up the Mesa de Enlace (Liaison Committee) halted grain and livestock trading for 24 hours and organized a series of protests centered on Gualeguaychu, a city in the eastern province of Entre Rios.

“We’ve yet to see a single public policy for our sector. In Argentina, seven of every 10 dollars generated today (from exports) comes from the farm sector. We’re part of the solution to the problems the country has,” the president of the Argentine Rural Society (SRA), Nicolas Pino, told Efe prior to an assembly with other association leaders in Gualeguaychu.

MAIN DEMANDS

In its fourth strike since Fernandez took office in December 2019, the Mesa de Enlace is pressing a series of demands related to fuel shortages, the high price of diesel and difficulties in obtaining key imports – especially fertilizers.

No road blockades were installed in this latest protest, which also is bringing attention to broader sector concerns such as export tariffs and economic policies the groups say are hindering their industry’s development
Pino said the situation would improve if measures were put in place to boost farm-sector production and growth.

The SRA president, for example, called for ending a dual exchange rate “that destroys the competitiveness of exports,” though adding that a peso devaluation is not necessarily the answer.

“There’s a historic opportunity today in the world because of the war (in Ukraine). We have to take advantage of it so the farm sector generates more raw materials and food,” Pino said, urging steps that “create employment, develop the interior and promote a sense of belonging in the provinces.”

Protests have been staged in different parts of the country, particularly in Argentina’s interior provinces.

They have been a vehicle for expressing anti-government sentiment at a time of internal tensions that led to the resignation of Martin Guzman as economy minister in early July.

Guzman was replaced by Silvina Batakis, a leftist economist who thus far has not calmed market anxieties.

FARM SECTOR SITUATION

Wednesday’s protests are occurring at a time of high expectations for the farm sector.

According to the latest projections by the Rosario Board of Trade, a forum for trade negotiations in grain, oilseed and other markets, the value of exports of agro-industrial products will total around $41.3 billion in 2022, up $3.2 billion from last year.

Those figures confirm the sector’s status as Argentina’s main source of hard currency.

The main farm export products, according to these forecasts, will be soy derivatives (projected to be valued at $23.7 billion this year), corn ($9.6 billion) and wheat ($4.5 billion).

But fuel shortages dating back to mid-March and the creation of a wheat trust to control prices of that grain have angered a sector long critical of this century’s Kirchnerist (neo-Peronist) governments

▪︎Germany

"They don't want to starve and freeze for Zelensky"

▪︎Colombia

The protest against the fuel price increase took place on October 12. A protest for the same cause took place in April of this year and on that occasion 1,000 motorcyclists gathered, according to Colombian authorities.

▪︎France

EU sanctions against Russia are wreaking more havoc on the European population. It is not uncommon to see more and more such videos.

Several thousand people taking part in opposition protests in Chisinau​

Several thousand people are taking part in opposition protests in Moldova’s capital city Chisinau demanding early parliamentary elections, a TASS correspondent reported from the site.

People are chanting "Away with [Moldovan President] Maia Sandu!," "Early Elections!." People are marching to the city’s central square. Earlier in the day, the police said that it was planned to organize a fair of local manufacturers on that square and accused the rally organizers of violations. The city’s central districts were cordoned off.

Last Sunday, the police brought down a tent camp organized by the protesters in a park between the parliament and presidential administration buildings back on September 17. Most of the opposition parties accused the pro-European authorities of violating law and establishing dictatorship. Criticism of the Moldovan authorities for these actions was voiced by Western human rights activists as well.

Earlier, the Moldovan government’s emergencies commission, which was set up amid the energy crisis, imposed restrictions on protest actions and mass gatherings, allowing them only for not more than four hours on weekends.

Protests have been held in Moldova since June demanding the resignation of the current leadership. People are protesting against the unprecedented growth of prices for gas and other energy resources and food, and against deteriorating living conditions. The current authorities are also criticized for their reluctance to negotiate gas prices with Russia and for political pressure on the opposition.

Czech Republic: Thousands rally in Prague against pro-Western government​

Thousands of people took to the streets in the Czech capital on Friday to protest high prices, for which they blame the center-right government's focus on supporting Ukraine against the Russian invasion.

The organizers of the "Czech Republic first" protest — a nod to former US President Donald Trump's nationalist slogan — are a mixture of various, mostly far-right, fringe groups with pro-Kremlin and anti-vaccine tendencies.

The demonstration took place in Prague's Wenceslas Square and coincided with the October 28 national holiday marking the formation of Czechoslovakia in 1918.

Enemies everywhere but Moscow

Protesters called on Prime Minister Piatr Fiala and his coalition government to resign.

Those present railed against Ukraine, the EU, NATO, the UN and the World Health Organization (WHO), but came out in defense of Russia's war of aggression.

"Russia's not our enemy, the government of warmongers is the enemy,'' one speaker said

"The government we have is the worst in the history of the Czech Republic and I'm not the only one who thinks so," protester Eva Frantova told AFP news agency.

Another, smaller, rally also took place in the country's second-largest city, Brno, but police said the overall number of participants was lower than the 70,000 that were counted at a similar demonstration in early September.

Czech support for Ukraine

Prague, which is currently holding the rotating EU presidency, has been one of Ukraine's staunchest supporters in Europe.

It has sent heavy weaponry and given visas to some 450,000 Ukrainian refugees, granting them access to social services such as health care and financial help.

Fiala and several of his ministers are planning on traveling to Kyiv on Monday.

But the country, like many others, is battling soaring inflation — which reached 18% in September in comparison to the previous year.

"We know who's our friend and who's bleeding for our freedom," Interior Minister Vit Rakusan tweeted in response to the protest. "And we also know who's our enemy."

Brazil: protests escalate on 140 roads in 20 states after Bolsonaro's defeat

More than 140 entrances to 20 states in Brazil are cut off by picket lines of truck drivers and demonstrators, in protest against the defeat of President Jair Bolsonaro in Sunday's ballot against Lula da Silva, authorities reported. Police increased their presence in Brasilia to prevent demonstrations.

Several points in the agricultural state of Mato Grosso (center-west), largely favorable to the president, were blocked "by burning tires and vehicles", such as trucks, cars and vans, reported Concessionaria Rota Oeste, which manages a highway in that state. It was not clear at the time whether there was any group leading the movement.

Late at night the blockades continued and images were seen of Santa Catarina military police demonstrating their support for the protests.

Also, the Federal Supreme Court (STF) magistrate Alexander de Moraes ordered the police to "immediately" lift the blockades, in response to a request from the National Transportation Confederation, which alleged "harm to society" due to the stoppages.

"The minister also stipulated a fine of R$ 100,000 per hour for owners of trucks being used in roadblocks. He ordered the Minister of Justice, the police commanders and the PGR to analyze the corresponding measures, such as holding the authorities responsible for omission," the STF said in a tweet on Monday night.

● Brazil government seeks to clear truckers' pro-Bolsonaro blockades

SAO PAULO, Nov 1 (Reuters) - Brazilian authorities sought on Tuesday to curtail truckers' blockages protesting the country's presidential election results after signs they were disrupting fuel distribution, meat production, and the ability to send grains to port.

Blockades were first reported on Sunday amid spreading demonstrations by truckers and other supporters of Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, challenging his narrow election loss to leftist Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.

Some truckers have called for military intervention to keep Bolsonaro in power. The president gave a brief statement Tuesday afternoon, the first since the Sunday vote, and said the protests reflected dissatisfaction with the electoral process, but said he would abide by the constitution, which stipulates a transition of power of Jan. 1

● Germany

● Moldavia

Back
Top Bottom