'Word' Dreams anyone?

Has anyone else experienced 'word' dreams?
Where a specific word, phrase, name is repeated until it wakes you up?
I recently had a dream, where someone keeps saying and eventually yelling "RCS"! Now I had no idea what that even was. I immediately looked it up, Reaction Control System. Now why the heck would I be dreaming about that? I have no idea where it came from at all.

A couple of years ago it was name, one that I had never heard of. I tried to find it via google but never did find anything about it. In fact, when I woke up I was having a hard time pronouncing it, even though it was clear in my dream.

What is weird, is that I can't make out words that may be written somewhere in my dreams.

Last night I heard over and over, what sounded like 'Hidgeonville'. I woke up saying it and wondering where that was and why it was important. I figured it was some obscure place from a recent romance novel or something. I've been casually looking for some land in western NC lately, this afternoon I check out a map of something for sale and a see a place with a very similar name near Franklin, NC. It is really just a crossroads. There is a place with a similar name in central KY, a very small town. Any other places ring a bell?

I've had all sorts of dreams through my years, and some of them contained names or codes but I never made much of them. What I have learned over the years is that my dreams tend to deal with daily experiences of the day directly before falling asleep, or with things I may have been neglecting or currently dealing with and that I have been pondering about.

So I tend to take them seriously but not 100% of the time, dreams pertain to the dreamer and the RCS might mean something specific to you, or it might be connected to something you read or saw during your waking state that translated to your dreams as you processed things through.

A good practice might be to keep a dream journal so as to recognize patterns and not miss things out entirely.

I recently had a dream, where someone keeps saying and eventually yelling "RCS"! Now I had no idea what that even was. I immediately looked it up, Reaction Control System. Now why the heck would I be dreaming about that? I have no idea where it came from at all.
Yes, this happens often for me. I will focus on the puzzle of the day, and “give it to my subconscious” for resolution or a hint.
I follow up on the words or phrases, and generally get one of those ah ha moments. I have practiced eliminating “mind chatter” so, the noise /static ratio is kept minimal. It really depends on knowing what you were thinking, asking, before you went to sleep. At least, that’s what I have found.
A couple of years ago it was name, one that I had never heard of. I tried to find it via google but never did find anything about it. In fact, when I woke up I was having a hard time pronouncing it, even though it was clear in my dream.
Yeah, hard to figure that one out, unless you can narrow down what you were pondering, or what issues were happening, before you drifted off.
What is weird, is that I can't make out words that may be written somewhere in my dreams.
Easy one to answer, at least, from the information and tests and experiments that I have studied in neuroscience.

Our language areas of our consciousness brain are relatively shut down during sleep, and unless the writing is generated or beamed from your subconscious, you won’t be able to make sense of written script.
Years ago, when lucid dreaming was a study in my energy psychology group, we learned to write something on a piece of paper, like a sentence or phrase, and while lucid dreaming, it was a “cue” to alert oneself to the fact that we were lucid, and dreaming, if we saw the paper, but couldn’t read what was written.
Hope that makes sense!

yes, I have experienced occasionally in the past. Last week, I woke up with some word, but forgot immediately. As Alejo mentioned, I should have written down to see the pattern and message. Sometimes, other clues has to fall in place to make sense. But, when clues fall in place, message is still relevant to the time of dream.

I also had one(can't remember if that has happened before) in 17.3.21, which I wrote down. It happened as I was just about to fall asleep,
the word 'kauila' appeared. Shortly after that I woke up, because I had to go to bathroom.

So I looked what that word is about. It seems to be connnected to Hawaii: kauila — Wehe²wiki²

Related buckthorn family, if I got it right, may have something to do with 'tyrni' berry, that appears/grows in some places here in Finland.

But there you go, so many other possible associations also.

In my dream last night, my husband came to me with a piece of paper with numbers written on it, like a tabulation of amounts. He had just checked us out of a motel, the clerk had given him an envelope full of cash, and the piece of paper as his receipt. We both tried to read the numbers, but it was blurry. I didn't have my reading glasses with me, and we couldn't see if the numbers were correct. Finally I just told him to count the money and make sure it was correct. So this one, no words, but numbers.

Thank you LadyRodgers and everyone for sharing
About a month ago I had a dream with a word like you said, it's funny how you can remember and keep in your memory of that word.
This dream seems to be a bit fantastical, quite specific imaginings, LOL.

In my dream I was with another person and we were talking about something I don't remember, I was holding a full face mask that looked like it was made of gold, it was a bit flat, only the nose part and a little bit of the facial features stood out, but at the ends it was flat, it also had some perforated circles at the ends, while I was observing this mask over my hands, the word Mecca (I mean the sound of that word, in the dream I don't remember exactly how it was written, but I remember the sound very well).

When I woke up in the morning, I searched the internet and it appeared as:
Mecca, officially Makkah al-Mukarramah (Arabic: مكة المكرمة‎, romanized: Makkat al-Mukarramah, lit. 'Makkah the Noble' Hejazi pronunciation: [makːa almʊkarːama]) and commonly shortened to Makkah (Arabic: مكة‎, romanized: Makkah Hejazi pronunciation: [makːa]),[a] is a city and administrative center of the Mecca Province of Saudi Arabia, and the holiest city in Islam.[2]

I've had all sorts of dreams through my years, and some of them contained names or codes but I never made much of them. What I have learned over the years is that my dreams tend to deal with daily experiences of the day directly before falling asleep, or with things I may have been neglecting or currently dealing with and that I have been pondering about.

So I tend to take them seriously but not 100% of the time, dreams pertain to the dreamer and the RCS might mean something specific to you, or it might be connected to something you read or saw during your waking state that translated to your dreams as you processed things through.

A good practice might be to keep a dream journal so as to recognize patterns and not miss things out entirely.

What Alejo describes I comically call "monkey see, monkey dream" (laughs) when I know the reason for a particular dream. Certainly whatever occupies our mind and its emotional empowerment will create a whole movie at the moment of sleeping.

I have had dreams as a child that were left half and the other half was completed years later! I don't know if those are the dreams that some film directors have used to create films and things like that since I guess it is something that goes according to the creative potential of each person and their way of manifesting themselves according to their own inclinations and repressed dreams. What I think I understand to some extent, is that if we do not understand what happens while we are awake about our most minimal interaction with the world, aware of ourselves, much less the mixture of emotions made symbols and images in our dreams especially if we do not take into account the large bank of impressions that keeps our brain and the effect on us. Especially because it doesn't just take the first thing it finds. But with the necessary knowledge and attention, we can obtain clues to understand ourselves better.

The important thing is not to become paranoid and chase our tails by giving divine meanings to something that has none. We are a machine for making impressions, for each one is different according to the importance that you give it and how much you know yourself.

Something that I apply when a particular person is presented and usually appears to be and saying something that is not part of his real way of being, is to study the impression I have of that person and how what he says is related, the appearance what it has and what it is doing in relation to how I feel at that moment according to what is happening to me or what I am generating myself in the present moment.

And so with a place, a moment and the rest of the special effects and parallel (emotional) stories that we create at that moment according to the experience, happy, sad or terrifying that we have had. We see what is at first sight, but not what we magnify consciously and unconsciously of it.

Last edited:
What Alejo describes I comically call "monkey see, monkey dream" (laughs) when I know the reason for a particular dream. Certainly whatever occupies our mind and its emotional empowerment will create a whole movie at the moment of sleeping.

I have had dreams as a child that were left half and the other half was completed years later! I don't know if those are the dreams that some film directors have used to create films and things like that since I guess it is something that goes according to the creative potential of each person and their way of manifesting themselves according to their own inclinations and repressed dreams. What I think I understand to some extent, is that if we do not understand what happens while we are awake about our most minimal interaction with the world, aware of ourselves, much less the mixture of emotions made symbols and images in our dreams especially if we do not take into account the large bank of impressions that keeps our brain and the effect on us. Especially because it doesn't just take the first thing it finds. But with the necessary knowledge and attention, we can obtain clues to understand ourselves better.

The important thing is not to become paranoid and chase our tails by giving divine meanings to something that has none. We are a machine for making impressions, for each one is different according to the importance that you give it and how much you know yourself.

Something that I apply when a particular person is presented and usually appears to be and saying something that is not part of his real way of being, is to study the impression I have of that person and how what he says is related, the appearance what it has and what it is doing in relation to how I feel at that moment according to what is happening to me or what I am generating myself in the present moment.

And so with a place, a moment and the rest of the special effects and parallel (emotional) stories that we create at that moment according to the experience, happy, sad or terrifying that we have had. We see what is at first sight, but not what we magnify consciously and unconsciously of it.
Right, I feel a healthy dose of skepticism is the best way to go with most things, but specially with dreams as they can feel so close and so meaningful. That is not to say that dreams do not hold very important messages, sometimes a resonance of what is going on in the world, but even if it's of universal significance, the imagery and the emotional energy of the dreams always pertains to the dreamer.

Someone not aware of the possible outcomes for life in this planet might look at a cataclysmic dream and see something scary, or cool or make nothing of it, to give but one example.

Right, I feel a healthy dose of skepticism is the best way to go with most things, but specially with dreams as they can feel so close and so meaningful. That is not to say that dreams do not hold very important messages, sometimes a resonance of what is going on in the world, but even if it's of universal significance, the imagery and the emotional energy of the dreams always pertains to the dreamer.

Someone not aware of the possible outcomes for life in this planet might look at a cataclysmic dream and see something scary, or cool or make nothing of it, to give but one example.

Yes, that is the biggest challenge, to maintain "sanity" as it is exhausting to connect the dots of reality and the other dimensional reality and its symbolic ways of making itself felt.

On the one hand if it is not a situation of high strangeness, a message from beyond, a vision of the near or immediate future, etc. it is an organic problem but it is reflected in our thoughts and emotions because we are a cocktail of chemicals and everything is connected. A complete salad. It must be annoying for a person to have disturbing dreams and not accept that it is a product of eating too much mayonnaise before going to sleep.

It's like yelling at a ghost to stop throwing things around like a spoiled child and to pick up a pencil and write down your problem instead of having to guess what it means to turn off and on the lights and leave the house in complete disarray. Get to the point, but no, everything is a decipherment. 😵‍💫

But with these testimonies and exchanges of thoughts there is always something that resonates with a particular experience and we find a nugget of gold, a piece of the puzzle that everyone has and help form the final picture. Not everything can be rationalized but neither should we get carried away by fantasy.

But with these testimonies and exchanges of thoughts there is always something that resonates with a particular experience and we find a nugget of gold, a piece of the puzzle that everyone has and help form the final picture. Not everything can be rationalized but neither should we get carried away by fantasy.
Very true, and while I don't discount the value of considering what a dream may hold in terms of abstract information, I think that the factor of "what can I do with this information in pragmatic terms?" should always accompany the meditation and the contemplation of intense dream experiences.

Back
Top Bottom